Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Scruffpuff posted:

Actually I finished all the content last week.

Locust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

The ice caps are still melting, so clearly you didn't finish the Earth: Climate Change expansion pack. :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

You haven't slept with me yet though

...wait

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

Go to church and complain to the dev

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

I would really love to know where the "goons spent 55k" number comes from. I've still got my account, and I should probably refund, but right now I want to watch the shitshow come crashing down first hand. Got to actually play the game if I'm going to criticize it after all.

Sunswipe posted:

It's an MMO, there's no "win state," so it can't be pay to win. Checkmate, goonies. :smug:

Literally what the brown sea says on the matter.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

at one point goons had spent over 300k, it was in a hilarious spreadsheet

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Go to church and complain to the dev

I was complaining about how that one Star Citizen dev dressed, but have you seen the head dev for that humanity game? Scraggly hair, no shirt, some kind of a diaper thing. Probably got his job through family connections.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eldragon posted:

I would really love to know where the "goons spent 55k" number comes from. I've still got my account, and I should probably refund, but right now I want to watch the shitshow come crashing down first hand. Got to actually play the game if I'm going to criticize it after all.

"A friend inside CIG"

aka

Directly out of my rear end

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is 2.6 out yet?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Eldragon posted:

If I kickstarted this shitpile for $30 instead of $200, I'd still be in too, tbh :v:

And yeah, that's absolutely made up. There's no way for CIG to know which accounts belong to goons and which don't, lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I occasionally toy with the idea of buying back in for $20 the next time they do one of those "GET YOUR FRIENDS TO GIVE US MONEY PLEASE" sales just for shits and giggles, tbh. But then I remember that even when I had access to the hilariously broken game I never really bothered playing it that much because it's just so goddamn mind-numbingly dull.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'd be interested too. If the data is actually from CIG then that's hilarious since it, once again, confirms that they harvest off-site data. I mean we already know that thanks to the pgabz's "Major Tom" notation, but it's still funny when CIG self-owns. OTOH if it's some random sperg producing the numbers anus extractus then that's less funny but still amusing.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The thing they have is exactly my kind of poo poo, so I'd be willing to pay $20 if it wasn't literally worse than space engineers in every way.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

I occasionally toy with the idea of buying back in for $20 the next time they do one of those "GET YOUR FRIENDS TO GIVE US MONEY PLEASE" sales just for shits and giggles, tbh. But then I remember that even when I had access to the hilariously broken game I never really bothered playing it that much because it's just so goddamn mind-numbingly dull.

I considered just selling as much of my poo poo as I could at 80% and then keeping some low level account so I had access to all of the SUPER AWESOME BACKER REWARDS like a copy of Squadron 42 ~~EPISODE 2~~ and whatnot. But as you said all of the gameplay we've seen thus far has been dull and static, and frankly if I'm going to spent time with something I'll just get bored of a few hours later I could boot up Elite again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Truga posted:

The thing they have is exactly my kind of poo poo, so I'd be willing to pay $20 if it wasn't literally worse than space engineers in every way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZoA3byeoI

Also potentially your poo poo, much more likely to happen.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
lol what why are you retards buying back in this game is a trainwreck

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Enchanted Hat posted:

lol what why are you retards buying back in this game is a trainwreck
They want front seats in said trainwreck.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

"A friend inside CIG"

aka

Directly out of my rear end

I prefer to think he's telling the truth as the idea that loads of CIG staff are trying to damage control the thread through Moma & Lladre in response to other CIG and ex-CIG staff leaking that poo poo is all hosed is funny.

It's almost 2017 and there's no game worth talking about. poo poo is beyond hosed and I'm sure if someone offered Chris Roberts $5 for ownership of CIG, to legally absolve him for responsibility for $140 million of unfulfilled promises, that he'd snatch their hand off.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I considered just selling as much of my poo poo as I could at 80% and then keeping some low level account so I had access to all of the SUPER AWESOME BACKER REWARDS like a copy of Squadron 42 ~~EPISODE 2~~ and whatnot. But as you said all of the gameplay we've seen thus far has been dull and static, and frankly if I'm going to spent time with something I'll just get bored of a few hours later I could boot up Elite again.

A couple people from my core group of friends picked up Elite over the holidays so I fired it up again and it's loving hilarious how much more fun doing stupid CG runs in a Type 7 is than anything I was able to do in Star Citizen when I owned it. If I ever did buy back into SC though - even if it was just to post about it on reddit so I could read a thousand smug "welcome back commando" posts lol - it'd be for $20 and not $1000 because I'm only going to be that stupid once.

What spawned the 55k talk, by the way? I skipped a couple pages - did CIG or reddit or someone start talking about goons having money in the game?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZoA3byeoI

Osiris new dawn isn't bad either. Really having fun with it.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The only worthwhile backer reward is episode 2 if it ever amounts to anything (I doubt it) - which you can then pick up for $30 or something. Definitely not worth losing 20% of your money over.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Beet Wagon posted:

A couple people from my core group of friends picked up Elite over the holidays so I fired it up again and it's loving hilarious how much more fun doing stupid CG runs in a Type 7 is than anything I was able to do in Star Citizen when I owned it. If I ever did buy back into SC though - even if it was just to post about it on reddit so I could read a thousand smug "welcome back commando" posts lol - it'd be for $20 and not $1000 because I'm only going to be that stupid once.

What spawned the 55k talk, by the way? I skipped a couple pages - did CIG or reddit or someone start talking about goons having money in the game?

No, it was a Madcosby troll.

Because he totally has friends in CIG guys and they definitely told him how much the goon tagged org on the RSI forums has spent.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Lladre gets daily updates from a source inside CIG on goon Star Citizen spending habits. He also thinks people should leave Moma alone because he's also got serious connections to the ground breaking development happening at CIG.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

liadre casually dropped $55k worth of bait which got gobbled in seconds and echoed on for pages; it was p embarrassing.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah, found out about this through this thread, definitely going to see how it plays. Early access next month.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thoatse posted:

liadre casually dropped $55k worth of bait which got gobbled in seconds and echoed on for pages; it was p embarrassing.

Ah, I see. Business as usual, then.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

To be honest I think it's more likely that Frontier would do something to make Elite a compelling, immersive game with enough player-driven content to keep me interested than that CIG would ever produce anything worth paying money for. And that's in spite of the fact that Braben has repeatedly said that he has no intention of ever doing that with Elite.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Yeah well my uncle works at CiG and he gives me secret access to 3.0 and all the information about Goons I could ever want. :smug:

But only when I'm over at his house and no you can't come over so don't ask.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Posting from the beach.

But.

Bahahaha.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

To be honest I think it's more likely that Frontier would do something to make Elite a compelling, immersive game with enough player-driven content to keep me interested than that CIG would ever produce anything worth paying money for. And that's in spite of the fact that Braben has repeatedly said that he has no intention of ever doing that with Elite.

I'm still hoping multicrew patch for elite makes it so I can casually play with friends, and not spend 2 hours flying across the star map just to play together. But I'm sure the care bears will demand doing multicrew is as dull as every other aspect of that game.

SC may be a buggy mess, but I still have more fun shooting people in SC than elites combat system.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
In ED news.

quote:

Sad news indeed - a 'Fisher's Rest' outpost will be added to the game in the 2.3 release.

Michael

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

Hmm, what if 2017 is worse?

poo poo, I hope it isn't.

Depends how you feel about nuclear holocausts.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Toastma is really boring and predictable when it comes to shilling.

At least Lazrin throws the occasional tantrum.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

A shame that Lazrin/Lethality/FactsAreUseless stopped his posts here. Instead he asked a pedo-antisemit and a doxxer-racist to troll here and promised that they wouldn't be banned by doing so.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

1500 posted:

In ED news.

:gbsmith:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Zzr posted:

A shame that Lazrin/Lethality/FactsAreUseless stopped his posts here. Instead he asked a pedo-antisemit and a doxxer-racist to troll here and promised that they wouldn't be banned by doing so.

wait what?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Zzr posted:

:laffo:

Please be a serious post.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

SirPhoebos posted:

wait what?

some people in this thread can't handle the lightest bit of trolling without losing their minds apparently

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
lol, see that's a troll. it's clever because they tricked you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

blog ends on the point, if CIG significantly slows the rate of accepting refund requests, it could cause a bank run type scenario where citizens realize the project is running low on funds and risk of project success is more likely to be questioned, resulting in even more 'withdraws'.
The recent introduction of a supposed "Tier 2 eCommerce team" could be an indication that there might be more refund resistance soon.

I don't think we'll ever see a court battle over a refund because it'll never be worth the cost, risk, and PR nightmare. It's easier to just run interference as a delay tactic while fishing whales.