Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

runchild posted:

loving this. During my Castform quest I figured Decidueye would be great for chaining normal or fighting types, but nope, every one I fought had a dark type move.
But you got the right idea. I got my Castform by chaining Panchams in that rainy route outside the crack den, and they were completely walled by Decidueye. I guess they don't have any dark moves at that level range?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Parrotine posted:

the Lady GaGa one

Now I know what I am nicknaming all of mine!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Parrotine posted:

Anyone got a spare one of these dudes for trade? I have Moon so I got stuck with the lovely Lady GaGa one

Just watch the GTS, Buzzwole -> Pheremosa trades are posted semi-regularly, they just go quickly. I eventually traded one for a Popplio.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Planning my bug team for after pokebank update. Mandatory 4 are

Grubbin evolution chain
Larvatar chain
Heracross
Either the mantis shrimp guy or bubble head guy

Thoughts on final two? I'd like to be competitive in sp but am not powergaming obviously. Want to slant towards the new mons.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Anyone got a spare one of these dudes for trade? I have Moon so I got stuck with the lovely Lady GaGa one

Been having the same issue, trying to trade one of my Pheromosas for a Buzzwole but no takers. Now you might have better luck trading your Celesteela for the Buzzwole, and using one of your Pheromosas for a Kartana. Since apparently in Sun they apparently have to catch four Kartanas, and two Buzzwoles (a fact I did not learn until after I had already traded my spare Celesteela for a Kartana).

Edit: Also Pheromosa isn't lovely and you are a bad person :colbert:

hangedman1984 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 28, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ruggington posted:

because dark is extremely good and psychic is kind of a bad type

if they wanted to go back to being gen 1 they could have done something to make psychic better

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Parrotine posted:

Just get one from the GTS, they're abundant.

spit on my clit posted:

if they wanted to go back to being gen 1 they could have done something to make psychic better

They did, by introducing Tapu Lele.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Eifert Posting posted:

Grubbin evolution chain
Larvatar chain
Heracross

Thoughts on final two? I'd like to be competitive in sp but am not powergaming obviously. Want to slant towards the new mons.

Cutiefly/Ribombee is a solid one. Venipede family comes to mind too.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Parrotine posted:

I've gotten every single Sun-specific Pokémon up to and including Solgaleo from trading mass-produced bred Castform. I also Wonder Traded a few of them and got a Mimikyu with Pokérus and a Beldum in a Beast Ball.

Not sure I believe that last one's legit.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Eifert Posting posted:

Grubbin evolution chain
Larvatar chain
Heracross

larvatar isn't a bug!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Kurtofan posted:

larvatar isn't a bug!

larva
pupa
godzilla

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

larvatar isn't a bug!

maybe he was thinking of larvesta

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoran posted:

larva
pupa
godzilla

while there isn't a pupa, the new godzilla does give him a larval stage kinda

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Zoran posted:

larva
pupa
godzilla

Larvitar
Pupitar
Mothratar

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe he was thinking of larvesta

Yup

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Parrotine posted:

I have an extra if you need still need it. I'll be around in the afternoon and evening, EST. Just shoot me a PM when you are available.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

porygon z should be bug type

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oddium posted:

then give it signal beam

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

it already can be, thanks to Z-Conversion and Signal Beam, which it learns at level 27.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sounds like the solution, of a charlatan

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I've had a Castform up for Celesteela for like 4 days now, and no takers. Is the Castform age over?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
My girlfriend just found her first shiny ever in her very first Pokemon game. It was a shiny Pikipek. When she found out about shinies she was stressing the entire game thinking she'd accidentally kill one or not notice it was a shiny, glad she got it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I've had a Castform up for Celesteela for like 4 days now, and no takers. Is the Castform age over?

Are you occasionally taking it down and relisting it so it is not at the very back?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

For my luck with a shiny Limber Ditto the other day, just caught a shiny Drizzle Pelipper with +Spd -SpD which isn't bad.

Anyone got any name suggestions?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Will "Scourge of Hoenn" fit?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

Are you occasionally taking it down and relisting it so it is not at the very back?

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize this was a thing. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the tip.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

JackDarko posted:

My girlfriend just found her first shiny ever in her very first Pokemon game. It was a shiny Pikipek. When she found out about shinies she was stressing the entire game thinking she'd accidentally kill one or not notice it was a shiny, glad she got it.

The best shiny too! That's pretty great :)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Blooming Brilliant posted:

For my luck with a shiny Limber Ditto the other day, just caught a shiny Drizzle Pelipper with +Spd -SpD which isn't bad.

Anyone got any name suggestions?

At first I thought "Mega Farfetch'd" but then I realized that it was destined to be named "Quackman Jones".

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 28, 2016

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Eifert Posting posted:

Grubbin evolution chain
Larvatar chain
Heracross

Monotype teams are fun! Here's an idea for a somewhat more competitive-oriented Bug team, but of course you can use this kind of stuff in single-player too:

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Bug Buzz
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Vikavolt hits really really hard but is really really slow. You just want to nuke things with your 145 base Special Attack and Choice Specs. Flash Cannon hits Fairies. If you're ever unsure what to do, just click Volt Switch. Vikavolt is your main weapon against Toxapex, which otherwise laughs at Bugs.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 208 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain

Volcarona absolutely destroys Steel-types, which your Bug types are going to have a hard time with. This version has a lot of Special Defense because you need something that can handle strong Fire moves and also powerful Electric and Psychic attacks, which are abundant with all the Tapus this gen. Volcarona's also a win condition: if it sets up two Quiver Dances, it should easily sweep almost any team.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Scarf Heracross has a pair of really strong STAB attacks, and it demolishes Rock and Steel types. Knock Off covers Ghosts, and Stone Edge hits Flying-types. Moxie is a nice ability, but Guts lets you punish status moves like Will-O-Wisp and Toxic.

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 100 SpA
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Surf
- Leech Life
- Mirror Coat

Araquanid is the only Bug that resists Fire, and it has really strong Special Defense, so we'll throw on an Assault Vest to help it handle all the Fire moves it's going to tank. Water Bubble makes Water moves incredibly strong, so you'll want to use them most of the time. Leech Life gives you a little bit of recovery, and Mirror Coat is a fun surprise—you can tank special Flying moves and retaliate.

So those are the four mons you wanted. To round out the team, here's what I'd go with:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Mega Scizor's typing and defensive stats make it an awesome tank. You've also got utility in Defog, which this team desperately needs because Bug is weak to Stealth Rock.

Forretress @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch

This is your emergency tool in case you're facing something that sets up on you, like Dragon Dance Charizard-X. Forretress also brings entry hazards and more hazard control with Rapid Spin.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 28, 2016

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Attestant posted:

Cutiefly/Ribombee is a solid one. Venipede family comes to mind too.

Ribombee is the best gen 7 Pokemon and he is my scarf wearing fairy friend

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

This.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Zoran posted:

bug team

I'm not fond of a purely defensive/supportive m-scizor set in general but it's certainly a place to go given the tools available. It's a good balanced team for sure.

I'd also consider m-beedril or m-pinsir in m-scizor's place. It leaves you with only one hazard remover which is risky since your team is very vulnerable to rocks, but it lets you keep accumulating momentum on a team that is mostly offensively oriented while scizor often costs you momentum with that set.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 28, 2016

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Beedrillite doesn't exist at the moment, but yes, you could go with Mega Pinsir on a more offensive team.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Enallyniv posted:

I've gotten every single Sun-specific Pokémon up to and including Solgaleo from trading mass-produced bred Castform. I also Wonder Traded a few of them and got a Mimikyu with Pokérus and a Beldum in a Beast Ball.

Not sure I believe that last one's legit.

It might very well be, and if it is there's a chance it's descended from one caught by a goon.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Parrotine posted:

I do. You got a Naive or Naughty Lady gaga?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Why are these new pokemon so slow? I don't think I've seen so many pokemon get slower when they evolve since they added all those previous gen evolutions in gen4.

I mean seriously, why is this

slower than this?

I mean Vikavolt looks fast, but it doesn't even top 60. Also it's really dumb that Incinroar gets slower when it evolves. I mean it kind of makes sense visually, since he's a biped who skipped leg day but from a gameplay perspective it's cruel to do a bait and switch with a starter like that. And none of the starters go past 100 what gives?

Also is trick room mandatory in doubles now?

Dabir posted:

Fire > steel isn't melting, it's the steel conducting heat really well so the Pokémon cooks to death unconsciousness.

If that's the case, why isn't steel weak to electric?

Zoran posted:

larva
pupa
godzilla

It's really dumb that larvitar goes into a cocoon and comes out as just a larger version of it's previous form. I mean bagon grew wings when it emerged as a salamence, but larvitar to tyranitar isn't really a metamorphosis.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dienes posted:

Now I know what I am nicknaming all of mine!

It made for a pretty good ubers set name theme (I'm the guy getting stomped).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I mean seriously, why is this

slower than this?

so they could have that incredibly slow climb up the mountain during the electric trial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zoness posted:

It made for a pretty good ubers set name theme (I'm the guy getting stomped).

how do you not get stomped by a guy with a custom goku sprite