Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Beasteh posted:

Just going to quote :words: that I posted on the reddit recently

[Refia > PCecil.txt]

Personally if you have an Excalibur rosetta'd to +20 and platinum shield Cecil is still great and perfectly usable for doing 9999 x2 every turn. It's final fantasy, most of the bad guys are holy weak.

Refia has the benefit of choosing to go ranged, fires within generally heals for 2k per use, and she can self-boost. Her BSB entry and command 1 have far more potential for single target damage.

Well, goodbye PCecil.

Worth noting is that upcoming in Japan is a second BSB for Sephiroth that's basically Refia's BSB except better (since the first command can go up to 6 hits if your ATK is high enough, and given it being Sephiroth he can self-buff his ATK like crazy).

Also, Cloud BSB2 + the upcoming Cloud USB (10x ST wind/non-ele hits + Crit Rate = 50% for the user + 100% stun + EX mode [boost physical damage and all attacks made ignore the 9999 cap]) sounds like damage heaven. 50% self-crit rate on top of the ridiculous damage output of BSB2's commands with the bonus of those commands now getting to ignore the damage cap means that DeNa has made Cloud great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Got two Bloodswords from this banner and pretty little FFVI synergy--probably worth keeping them as separate weapons right?

OSB 1 was pretty fruitful for me, got the Mistilteinn from $1 draw, Bloodsword and Thyrus from a 2/11 and feeling a bit lucky, I went for a second 11 draw and got a second Bloodsword and (finally!) a Platinum Sword. Saving the rest of my mythril for OSB5, FFXIV and maybe FFXIII.

Also, with the Valwhatever his name is, I beat my first Ultimate! Woot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

When, if ever, does Blood Sword show up again? I'm tempted to drop another 11x in the hopes of picking it up (or Mistelteinn or Thyrus), but with three dupes on the banner and a planned pull on XIV 1, I'm not sure it's worth it. Sitting at 230 mythril for reference.

Whenever you're not sure about pulling just remember the two golden rules

1: Always pull
2: Never pull

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got a blood sword and tiara, meaning I now have literally all of Terra's soul breaks, but I'd trade it all in an instant for just one platinum sword :negative:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

When, if ever, does Blood Sword show up again? I'm tempted to drop another 11x in the hopes of picking it up (or Mistelteinn or Thyrus), but with three dupes on the banner and a planned pull on XIV 1, I'm not sure it's worth it. Sitting at 230 mythril for reference.

If that's what you're worried about, I would keep it in your pants. If you're ever worried about recurrence of good items for main characters, a good rule of thumb is to never be. Terra is Terra, she's a top tier character popularity-wise. While there is no *confirmed* recurrence, it showed up on the Orthros Selection banner during the second anniversary event in JP and that was up to a player vote. Assuming they don't completely change how the anniversary plays out when it hits Global and we get a similar banner, there are two scenarios I can picture: a) we don't get to vote and get the same banner JP got, or b) we get to vote. In the first scenario, we're guaranteed to see Blood Sword on an Anniversary banner. In the second scenario, I can't picture the Global player base not voting in Blood Sword as an option for one of the banner's four OSBs.

I'm in a similar boat; I have just a skosh under 300 Mythril, 295 at last count I think, and I have three dupes: Platinum Sword, Minwu Staff, Shura Gloves. I would really like Mistilteinn, Blood Sword or even Abel's Lance or Thyrus but I'm thinking that also having Vanille's SSB means I should hold off. Thyrus will be on the XIV banner in two short days, there will be healer BSBs on both that banner and Banner 3, characters I have nothing for to boot, and Blood Sword will come back around. Abel's Lance is the only real question mark here but I think I can let that one go.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

FeralWraith posted:

- Pander, you're welcome. Although now I need more rum.
Help me out here? Forgot what this is in reference to? Were you the one with the Noel in that MP Gilg?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

If that's what you're worried about, I would keep it in your pants. If you're ever worried about recurrence of good items for main characters, a good rule of thumb is to never be. Terra is Terra, she's a top tier character popularity-wise. While there is no *confirmed* recurrence, it showed up on the Orthros Selection banner during the second anniversary event in JP and that was up to a player vote. Assuming they don't completely change how the anniversary plays out when it hits Global and we get a similar banner, there are two scenarios I can picture: a) we don't get to vote and get the same banner JP got, or b) we get to vote. In the first scenario, we're guaranteed to see Blood Sword on an Anniversary banner. In the second scenario, I can't picture the Global player base not voting in Blood Sword as an option for one of the banner's four OSBs.

I'm in a similar boat; I have just a skosh under 300 Mythril, 295 at last count I think, and I have three dupes: Platinum Sword, Minwu Staff, Shura Gloves. I would really like Mistilteinn, Blood Sword or even Abel's Lance or Thyrus but I'm thinking that also having Vanille's SSB means I should hold off. Thyrus will be on the XIV banner in two short days, there will be healer BSBs on both that banner and Banner 3, characters I have nothing for to boot, and Blood Sword will come back around. Abel's Lance is the only real question mark here but I think I can let that one go.

Groovy, thanks. I've already got a healer BSB (Aeris' White Materia), so there's even less a reason for me to chase Blood Sword right now. Maybe I'll drop a pull on Banner 2, instead. Only one dupe, two relics I'd really like, and only one or two I'd be disappointed with.

Abel's Lance makes another appearance on the upcoming Cid IV banner, so if it's the only one you're really on the fence about pulling for, you're safe to hold off. No idea how good the other relics on that banner are, though.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Naaah, if I'm pulling on a banner for that event, which I don't think I am, I'm pulling on Banner 1. Pencil OSB to go with my BSB, Rosa BSB if I strike out on grabbing a healer BSB with the Mythril I've earmarked for XIV and Banner 3 and Golbez's groovy tank mage BSB are all more appealing to me. Abel's Lance is only appealing to me in the sense that it's a solid damage BSB on a banner that has other things I want/need more. Come to think of it, I have Rising Drive for Kain already so I'm double not pulling for him specifically.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Ah poo poo, just realized Faris' imperil wind is on Gilgamesh 1 right now. At least I have plenty of time to think on it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm at an impasse on how to build my team at this point. I have a very solid physical A team with Paladin Cecil (+BSB, +Plat Shield), Kain (+BSB, +lightning shield), Celes (+BSB), Ramza (shout), and Eiko (+BSB). I can dip into the mage meta with Terra's OSB and I know there are some very good mage relics approaching with XIV and XIII but I don't have OK's burst to really seal the deal on that. Celes almost covers that aspect but unfortunately the lack of haste really screws it over.

I think my options for my current stash of 100 mythril are: go all in for OK's burst on OSB5, pull on XIV and see what happens, or wait for FFT and add Orlandeau or Agrias bursts for a heavy physical holy team. I also have Stoneskin II and Vanille's BSB which can add some flexibility.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

acumen posted:

I'm at an impasse on how to build my team at this point. I have a very solid physical A team with Paladin Cecil (+BSB, +Plat Shield), Kain (+BSB, +lightning shield), Celes (+BSB), Ramza (shout), and Eiko (+BSB). I can dip into the mage meta with Terra's OSB and I know there are some very good mage relics approaching with XIV and XIII but I don't have OK's burst to really seal the deal on that. Celes almost covers that aspect but unfortunately the lack of haste really screws it over.

I think my options for my current stash of 100 mythril are: go all in for OK's burst on OSB5, pull on XIV and see what happens, or wait for FFT and add Orlandeau or Agrias bursts for a heavy physical holy team. I also have Stoneskin II and Vanille's BSB which can add some flexibility.

Do you have any other sources of haste (on a mage) you could supplement Celes' BSB with instead of pulling for OK?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Kefka and Edea's original SBs, which although come with a minor faith boost are sorta underwhelming choices otherwise.

Hmm, and Cid Raines' cloak. But that would interfere with him BsBing.

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 28, 2016

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Fister Roboto posted:

I got a blood sword and tiara, meaning I now have literally all of Terra's soul breaks, but I'd trade it all in an instant for just one platinum sword :negative:

You now have possibly the best DPS character ever, especially for multiplayer. Just take Wrath and Meltdown and completely bypass the most dangerous phase of any boss.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
So it turns out The Ogre comes with an imperil wind I didn't know about. Welcome to the A-team Zidane. Wind God Cloud needs you :getin: As much as I'd like Greg's BSB, I think I can safely skip the pull on his banner.

acumen posted:

Kefka and Edea's original SBs, which although come with a minor faith boost are sorta underwhelming choices otherwise.

Hmm, and Cid Raines' cloak. But that would interfere with him BsBing.

Haste Mage + Y'shtola's Wall + Terror + Celes BSB + Raines' BSB + BSB RW to throw on the haste mage (and potentially Terra) to use when they're not buffing and you've got yourself a mage meta.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Pulled on OSB banner #1 a couple days ago and 1/11 with Vanille's Mistilteinn.

Decided to have another go at it and went 2/11. Got another Mistilteinn, but also a Platinum Sword. Finally have a native Shout, and with the whole trinity + boostga I can now construct any team I drat well please and RW whatever.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Haste Mage + Y'shtola's Wall + Terror + Celes BSB + Raines' BSB + BSB RW to throw on the haste mage (and potentially Terra) to use when they're not buffing and you've got yourself a mage meta.

Thanks this makes sense. Looks like it's FFXIV then since Alph's is almost Cid Raines-tier plus Papalymo's super sheepsong will fill in the haste requirement. Plus all the other fantastic equipment on it.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

100-gem: Tin Armor, sweet 5* on the dollar drop, might make a fun team with Vivi's BSB and Terra's Tiara. Maybe I could get Blood Sword while still chasing Shout?

50-mythril: 3/11 Thyrus x 2, Healing Staff, so I guess that gives me options for wall but Tyro is already solidly on my A-team with both SG and his BSB. Mage sticks for FFXIV are fine, they're my first relics for that realm. FFII sucks.

50-mythril: 1/11 Healing Staff, FFII really sucks.

Guess I won't be getting fire-goddess Terra to pair with Vivi, but she's still decent with enFire and Chain Firaga.

And that's over 800 mythril in search of Platinum Sword. Don't go chasing waterf... er, specific relics.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

How hard should I be gunning for Ramza's Shout when I have Quina's Frog Drop and Sazh's Choco Chic for the Attack Portion and Paine's Sword Dance and Zack's Apocalypse for Hastega. I have plenty of Medica's but no wall as well.

I pulled 100 mythril on OSB1 but came away with Tin Armor and a useless Healing Staff (already have Word of Kindness for Arc).

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Blood Sword does not show up during the next VI event, but it was on the 2nd anniversary festival in Japan (on the Ultros Select banner where everyone got a free 11-draw, no less) and those will be around the same time in global anyway. Your call if you want to wait 3 months for another shot at it, though.

Festival banners always change to some degree for global, but the current ones changed much less from JP's than ones in the past and we don't know if we'll get to vote on our own Ultros Select banner or not. I kind of hope so, because there are a couple of things on it I'd rather get replaced.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Pander posted:

Help me out here? Forgot what this is in reference to? Were you the one with the Noel in that MP Gilg?

Sorry, should have quoted you before:

Pander posted:

Having SG, plat sword, tiara, and MinwuStaff makes pulling on this banner so dumb due to dupes but man I'd love any of the OSB or BSBs. Man. So hard being stoic...
http://i.imgur.com/Z8FMJXb.png
Thank you all you folks who have had lovely pulls. You give me strength.

It was in reference to this.

Edit - in other news, having a hard time deciding where to blow my next 50 mythril in JPN. Festival Banner 4 looks like my preference, with Terra and Pecil USBs looking pretty neat. But then apparently the following VII event is going to have a lot of awesome poo poo. Anyone got thoughts on this? I'm not doing CMs in JPN, just mostly looking for flashy poo poo to play with.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 28, 2016

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I have 30 more non-cores to get to level 65. After realizing that I didn't want to have to bother running like 6 white mages through the orb dungeon, I just spent a poo poo ton of eggs getting them to level 65. This gives me decent white mages in every realm. I think I have like 3 more black mages and I'll have that for every realm as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Help me FFRK bros you are my only hope...

I have 2 MC3's (My first 2 besides OK) and I don't know what to do with them and I really don't want to make a costly mistake.

I recently aquired Squalls Punishment OSB so I was leaning towards making him one of my first MC3 dudes but I'm just not sure.

Right now I have,
Lock's Thief's Knife BSB
Clouds Razzmatazz BSB
Luneth's Gungnir BSB
Aerith's Wizer Rod BSB
Hope's Ninurta BSB
Refia's Gloves BSB ( just got them woo)

I also have supers for a poo poo load of dudes but my main candidates would be

Cloud ( with his shout)
Argias
Maybe Garnet because I have her Rod.

So I'm kinda stuck because I just don't want to gently caress this up ( I know I"ll get more but these drat things are rare for me right now)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Razzmatazz is Tidus.

Shout is Ramza.

Do you have those two and nothing for Cloud? Or do you have a Cloud thing you called by the wrong name?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Go for luneth first. His RM3 is super useful and will make it easier to level up the others.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
That said, if you have the eggs to get Luneth to 99, do that right this minute as he is a top tier candidate anyway, but his RM will help you get more out of orbfest and so is extra extra good.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
FFRK discord just banded together with a group of silly powerful idiots and dismantled apocagreg. Good times!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

Razzmatazz is Tidus.

Shout is Ramza.

Do you have those two and nothing for Cloud? Or do you have a Cloud thing you called by the wrong name?

Yes holy poo poo I'm retarded. I have both of those.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

That said, if you have the eggs to get Luneth to 99, do that right this minute as he is a top tier candidate anyway, but his RM will help you get more out of orbfest and so is extra extra good.

Ok thank you both I'll do Luneth right now!

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

As other goons have said, Orbfest is a rare, incredibly helpful opportunity. Skills and their hones matter just as much as equipment if not moreso after a certain point, so by drowning yourself in 3*/4* orbs, you'll get a solid hand up to making the abilities you need once you can't just autobattle through every stage.

Well I got myself squared away to be able to complete orbfest levels - realizing that 'burst mode' wandering dudes let me kill an entire battles worth of mobs means I can save everything for the final stage, which has made even the 60 stamina events easy enough. Had to spend a mithril to try to complete each 60 stamina run but it was worth it since I got it back in the end :-)

sitting at 55 stamina and 72 mithril, should I focus the mithril on stamina refills for orbfest while I can or just continue building up more relics? I'm definetly going to do the single pulls and the first time bonus on everything, but not sure where to spend after that. Maybe do 11 pull on the new overload later today?

5 Star weapons are: Zantetsuken (vi), Gold Sword (vii), Thyrus+ (xiv), x2 healing staff (ii).
5 star armors are: Golden Hairping (ix), Keepsake Ribbon (vii), Tiara (vi), x2 tin armor (ix).
5 star access: Locke Bandana, Cloud Goggles

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Relics are by far more important at this stage of the game for you.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MarcusSA posted:

Ok thank you both I'll do Luneth right now!

Okay, since you have Tidus's BSB and Shout, and not a Cloud thing...

If use that second MC3 on Squall for OSB fun times absolutely. You'll be getting another one for free as a login bonus this weekend; I'd use that one on Refia or Tidus, but your other BSB havers wouldn't be wrong. The only other really major notable RM that you might want to actually chase is Cloud who has the +30% sword damage materia - but it's not worth not level breaking someone who is gonna be on your a team and help you get more memory crystals.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DaddyBigBucks posted:

How hard should I be gunning for Ramza's Shout when I have Quina's Frog Drop and Sazh's Choco Chic for the Attack Portion and Paine's Sword Dance and Zack's Apocalypse for Hastega. I have plenty of Medica's but no wall as well.

I pulled 100 mythril on OSB1 but came away with Tin Armor and a useless Healing Staff (already have Word of Kindness for Arc).

It's mostly gauge-efficient since you get your Boostga and Hastega on a single SB. If you had OK BSB I'd definitely say you don't need Shout, but as it stands, your choices are to give Mako Might and Dr. Mog's to your seperate Hastega and Boostga, or to go without one or the other for a few rounds - a bit problematic in the case of your Support Boostgas since neither of them want to waste a slot on Wrath (and can't use Lifesiphon).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

Okay, since you have Tidus's BSB and Shout, and not a Cloud thing...

If use that second MC3 on Squall for OSB fun times absolutely. You'll be getting another one for free as a login bonus this weekend; I'd use that one on Refia or Tidus, but your other BSB havers wouldn't be wrong. The only other really major notable RM that you might want to actually chase is Cloud who has the +30% sword damage materia - but it's not worth not level breaking someone who is gonna be on your a team and help you get more memory crystals.

Excellent advice I'll be using it on Squall then waiting for another for Tidus or Refia. It definitely gives me a plan forward

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

MarcusSA posted:

Excellent advice I'll be using it on Squall then waiting for another for Tidus or Refia. It definitely gives me a plan forward

I'm actually going to suggest in the other direction and say NOT to use it on Squall. OSBs, without a paired way to get an En-element buff, are good but not great. I think BSBs are more overall useful and will help you more. I'd say to use one on Luneth because his BSB and his 99 RM are good, and use the other one on Aerith or Refia. Having extra survivability on your white mage is not a bad idea, and Refia's BSB is really strong (and if you don't have synergy weapons for her in all realms the extra stats will help her stay useful).

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

the Orb of Zot posted:

4 11-pulls because Christmas presents and boredom combined result in suboptimal behavior.

Final tally:
3x Tiara (combined and reforged into a superhat; 43 MAG before RS sounds like the best idea ever, right?)
1x Platinum Sword (combined with my original Platinum Sword)
2x Thyrus (combined with my original Thyrus then reforged; I now have a new generic superstrong mind stick)
1x Shura Glove (I heard good things about Refia BSB but I'm not certain whether or not it's worth giving up PCecil BSB)

Not that great of a haul, especially given how I had Vivi's BSB already so he does the whole "EnFire mage" thing better than Terra.

This is I suppose karma catching up to me for my 5/11 BSB-only Lucky Draw pull and then a 3/11 on the Buff-only Lucky Draw that was also all BSBs.

Anyways, Valigamaria died a fiery death at the hands of Exdeath, who set up Grand Cross and then just kept spamming 9999x3 Meltdowns while the rest of the party sat around and did basically nothing. Exdeath continues to not disappoint.
Pretty jealous of that tiara. Superhats are awesome! I won't be able to farm enough mythril for another go at that banner, but I'm pretty sure Tiara will be on the next VI banner too. Next time, Tiara. Next time.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Fister Roboto posted:

I drew three of those in a row and would trade you if I could.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm actually going to suggest in the other direction and say NOT to use it on Squall. OSBs, without a paired way to get an En-element buff, are good but not great. I think BSBs are more overall useful and will help you more. I'd say to use one on Luneth because his BSB and his 99 RM are good, and use the other one on Aerith or Refia. Having extra survivability on your white mage is not a bad idea, and Refia's BSB is really strong (and if you don't have synergy weapons for her in all realms the extra stats will help her stay useful).

Yeah I was actually debating using one on Aerith simply because I could then replace garnet and she'd be much stronger. You also make some excellent points sir!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Note that Squall's En-Ice is probably going to be selectable on the next Keeper's Choice banner

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

FFRK discord just banded together with a group of silly powerful idiots and dismantled apocagreg. Good times!

things we learned:

Luneth with BSB into SSB runs a train on Enkidude

Refia is a 9999 machine

Greg can tank perfectly well while paralyzed

Also we dodged every single instant KO proc somehow???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Oh yeah I still haven't done apocagreg yet, and I'd imagine most groups are done with it.

Would Locke bsb and terra osb be a good combo for that assuming other support and heals is covered? I unfortunately don't have wind stuff

• Locked thread