Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The explosive fun is my favorite weapon by far. It's so goofy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Explosive phone*

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's awesome. The best was once when I used it to take out an elusive target in Bangkok, when it blew up it tossed his body over the railing into the river and it gave me silent assassin lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

It's awesome. The best was once when I used it to take out an elusive target in Bangkok, when it blew up it tossed his body over the railing into the river and it gave me silent assassin lmao

Lol. When I got it I used it on Ken Morgan right out in the open and he got blown like 1.5 stories straight vertical

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

frank.club posted:

lmao

killing a target with an explosive and hiding the body and not getting spotted is a challenge in bangkok too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol. When I got it I used it on Ken Morgan right out in the open and he got blown like 1.5 stories straight vertical

wtf i tried to use it on morgan and he made his bodyguard get it for him

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

lmao

killing a target with an explosive and hiding the body and not getting spotted is a challenge in bangkok too

It was blind luck but sometimes when the rag dolls freak out it can work out. Like having a subdued guy flip out over the ledge of a mountain and not die because the game didn't detect me 'dumping' him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Yeah and he stood right next to Morgan and answered it for me. It was a bloody scene

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

It's tricky, I've definitely seen it work both ways without really knowing why Morgan did or did not pick up the phone.

I think if you can distract the body guard with a coin and time the ringing just right Morgan will grab it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could also take out the bodyguard beforehand if you wanna get creative

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

accident kills are cool but silverballer headshots and sick sniper assassinations just feel so much better. just something i've noticed...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have to limit my equipment on the first time i play a level because i brought a duck to my first trip to bangkok and threw it at morgan like 30 seconds into starting it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oddium posted:

accident kills are cool but silverballer headshots and sick sniper assassinations just feel so much better. just something i've noticed...

i like sneaking behind someone and doing the close combat pistol shot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite kill so far is the Jordan Cross one in his room with the laptop. That's some classic cold blooded assassin poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My only gripe is that you should be able to spin the camera around so you can just see your silhouette through the divider while you do it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Right now I'm just waiting for Morgan to eat one of the 5 dishes I poisoned in the ground floor restaurant. Could be a while.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Right now I'm just waiting for Morgan to eat one of the 5 dishes I poisoned in the ground floor restaurant. Could be a while.

this is infuriating, sometimes he eats none of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

this is infuriating, sometimes he eats none of them

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They must have changed that, he used to always eat one specific dish like 20 seconds into the map and you could poison it without a disguise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm trying to test something for my SASO run. Because if you use emetic poison on some of them he runs left to the garbage can, but I think the dish on the far right is closer to the bathroom in the east wing so I wanna see if he uses it. Would be an easy kill on Morgan.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm trying to test something for my SASO run. Because if you use emetic poison on some of them he runs left to the garbage can, but I think the dish on the far right is closer to the bathroom in the east wing so I wanna see if he uses it. Would be an easy kill on Morgan.

a poison kill counts the same as accidents, you can use lethal poison

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

a poison kill counts the same as accidents, you can use lethal poison

But you can't let bodies be found right? Even in accident kills?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Update: it didn't work -_-

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

But you can't let bodies be found right? Even in accident kills?

If the kill is an accident it still counts toward silent assassin even if the body is found. I think you get less points overall though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I have Opportunities on minimal but everything else left on/at default, should I really be turning anything else off

This my first hitman game and I'm still loving around in Paris

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My favorite kill so far is the rather easy one of straight doming Dahlia with your silenced pistol during the meeting as HELMUT loving KRUGER

like a one out of ten on the difficulty scale but that sort of style is just satisfying

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

I have Opportunities on minimal but everything else left on/at default, should I really be turning anything else off

This my first hitman game and I'm still loving around in Paris

Nah I'm just doing that for extra fun because I've gotten the mastery on nearly every map. I've had it on the default amount of stuff for the entire time and will turn them back on for the next elusive target.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't like to use the minimap because when i have to get around i'll look at that more than the level and these are some well-crafted levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It pisses me off that picking up key cards makes sound when you can just stand inches behind people running in place and not get noticed.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

lmao

https://youtu.be/TgVTAa2RGsQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy crap I made it all the way to the top floor in the suit. This is so stressful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

loving...recorded by something goddammit

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I thought he always ate the second dish from the right. thats one part where it's not dishonorable to save before doing it imo

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

My favorite kill so far is the Jordan Cross one in his room with the laptop. That's some classic cold blooded assassin poo poo.

That one is great because if you let Jordan Cross continue to beg, 47 eventually says something like "a contract is a contract." It's cold blooded on the level of smothering Beldingford with a pillow while his wife is next to him asleep in bed from Hitman Contracts.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

i like sneaking behind someone and doing the close combat pistol shot

yea im a sucker for the execution shots

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's cool how he does it yeah, the double; two quick ones.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I save a poo poo load when I'm doing SASO attempts because otherwise I wouldn't even bother.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I save a poo poo load when I'm doing SASO attempts because otherwise I wouldn't even bother.

imo:

first time is story mode: no saving
sa runs are time attack mode: no saving
anything else: free play, do whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I honestly reload a lot after a first clear yeah. Especially if I'm trying to trigger a very particular kill and don't wanna mess it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if you don't have a save ready to go fowlplay in hokkaido. well get one i guess

• Locked thread