Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Genocyber posted:

Oh I'm enjoying it as well. It's a very nice contrast to the much more chaotic Demon's Souls streamthrough, or even their DS3 LP.

I think Pat's doing a pretty good job of leading Woolie gently but firmly so far. It reminds me of how Liam (RIP) did so for Pat for their Nier LP.

I suppose it was just that moment where Woolie was about to go in the right direction when Pat stopped him and goaded him to go the other way. Minor gripe but man, let a guy explore his own path!

I do appreciate how he accidentally ended up in the graveyard first, though. It's like it was inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HoboTech posted:

I do appreciate how he accidentally ended up in the graveyard first, though. It's like it was inevitable.

That's just the Zweihander's gravitational field at work.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Genocyber posted:

That's just the Zweihander's gravitational field at work.

Yeah I'm shocked he ended up just running straight for it instead of trying to fight the skeletons.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

havenwaters posted:

Yeah I'm shocked he ended up just running straight for it instead of trying to fight the skeletons.

I'm betting the mere fact they picked it up is sending certain groups into a frenzy.

If they went straight for it they'd have like 13 levels before they can use it single handed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow I can't believe I actually called it.

CJacobs posted:

You know he's gonna immediately walk in the wrong direction into the graveyard and gently caress around there for 10 minutes, find it, and never let go of it right at the start of the LP. You know it in your heart.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

havenwaters posted:

I think the fact that the first thing he done was take a swing at a skelly & see it stand back up was enough to reinforce "You're not going to win if you try and fight these dudes".

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I, for one, welcome our new 90+ episode LP. I hope the boys take their time and let the game breath without getting offput by "snailborne" and "Pat must never say anything that isn't 100% factually accurate" comments.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Justice Sloth posted:

"Pat must never say anything that isn't 100% factually accurate" comments.

Well said Sloth. I do not understand the people for whom this is an annoyance; Pat and Woolie being wrong all the time is great and hilarious.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's funny to us because we know he's wrong and an idiot, but to people who don't know he's wrong they go "ohhhh that makes so much sense!" and then they get called idiots for parroting his misinformation!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

DumbparameciuM posted:

Well said Sloth. I do not understand the people for whom this is an annoyance; Pat and Woolie being wrong all the time is great and hilarious.

Dark Souls attracts the specific type of person that really really cares about games being done Right and get unreasonably mad when someone doesn't have the correct Dark Souls experience.

I got introduced to Souls by SBFP's DS2 LP and I mentioned it off-handedly in Bloodborne thread here and people got mad that my first Souls game wasn't 100% blind.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, remember way back during the beginning of the Command Mission Lp, someone in here said to watch the reaction when they realize that Colonel Redips and Spider are really, really close...

This is the episode. And it is amazing.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

CJacobs posted:

It's funny to us because we know he's wrong and an idiot, but to people who don't know he's wrong they go "ohhhh that makes so much sense!" and then they get called idiots for parroting his misinformation!

Nothing wrong with that. It's fine to be wrong about videogames.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I got introduced to Souls by SBFP's DS2 LP and I mentioned it off-handedly in Bloodborne thread here and people got mad that my first Souls game wasn't 100% blind.

And it's funny because you can tell exactly where those people are coming from. I'm a bit the same, my first "real" DS experience was the DS3 LP. And after that was done, I went ahead and started playing DS1, which I had received as a gift a couple years prior to that. So even though you can tell there's a certain magic to going into those games "pure" and truly experiencing everything for the first time, it's also one of those cases where if you were really blind you wouldn't have been interested in the first place.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

The Spider=Redips realization was everything I could've hoped for and more.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

YF-23 posted:

Nothing wrong with that. It's fine to be wrong about videogames.

Not when you're wrong in front of thousands of people. In fact, that's nearly the only situation where being right is pretty important.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's funny when people are wrong

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Not when you're wrong in front of thousands of people. In fact, that's nearly the only situation where being right is pretty important.

Except nothing Pat is wrong about is all that important, and certainly won't make someone play a Souls game Wrong because of Pat's advice like you're implying.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Neo_Crimson posted:

Except nothing Pat is wrong about is all that important, and certainly won't make someone play a Souls game Wrong because of Pat's advice like you're implying.

It's mostly dumb lore assumptions (in a game that makes nothing clear anyway) and the occasional scaling fuckup. It's fun to give Pat poo poo about wrong information because he's very confident and also he can take it, but it's also fun to give Souls fans poo poo for being The Worst Fanbase.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm not implying anything. I said exactly what I mean: If you're gonna say poo poo to a ton of people, just in general and especially something you could just look up before saying it, don't be wrong about it. It has nothing to do with "making people play it wrong".

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, remember way back during the beginning of the Command Mission Lp, someone in here said to watch the reaction when they realize that Colonel Redips and Spider are really, really close...

This is the episode. And it is amazing.

For those not watching: They have by pure random chance managed to figure out the Redips = Spider connection like, literally an hour of gameplay before the reveal actually happens. They howl about it for about five minutes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Here's the moment, it's everything I could have wished for.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh my God, this moment made up for the entire first half of the LP.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

Here's the moment, it's everything I could have wished for.

Holy poo poo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I watched like two episodes of megaman what's up

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/dan_tweeds/status/813767288360824832

Okay this is amazing

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Except nothing Pat is wrong about is all that important

This is what I'm talking about, it's fine to rib on Pat for his bet-hedging scattershot method of guessing story beats, or on Woolie for telling trufax about things he only has a cursory knowledge of, but people who go: "Woolie asked if he had any humanity, and Pat said no, but Woolie picked up 3 humanity earlier." are the loving worst.

What does it matter if a softcap is actually 1 point higher than he said it was, or if you actually can find X item before Y bossfight, but he said you couldn't? Grow up.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 29, 2016

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

That is also kind of muddy, because Woolie had a bunch of humanities in his inventory, but hadn't converted any into humanity the stat, his humanity was actually zero.

CJacobs posted:

I'm not implying anything. I said exactly what I mean: If you're gonna say poo poo to a ton of people, just in general and especially something you could just look up before saying it, don't be wrong about it. It has nothing to do with "making people play it wrong".

It's just a videogame dude.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I wonder what awaits us in "Titanfall 2 Part 2 AUD Video for Windows 1080 60 x2641" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAJkcwNYwR8

edit: awww, they already fixed it. :(

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Neo_Crimson posted:

Dark Souls attracts the specific type of person that really really cares about games being done Right and get unreasonably mad when someone doesn't have the correct Dark Souls experience.

Man, people are such jerks. "You're an adult, how dare you CONSUME CONTENT WRONG?!" is straight up Patlogic, for reals. I first came to the series via Dark Souls 1 on PC (i.e. very late) having watched several complete full LPs, which I think actually increased my enjoyment. I know me, I am a huge poo poo and I probably would have stopped playing during Blighttown if I was trying to do it blind. Neo_Crimson, I would put the people who give you poo poo on the same tier as those who do a Onebro run and then scoff at everyone else who plays non-Onebro.

Justice Sloth posted:

This is what I'm talking about, it's fine to rib on Pat for his bet-hedging scattershot method of guessing story beats, or on Woolie for telling trufax about things he only has a cursory knowledge of, but people who go: "Woolie asked if he had any humanity, and Pat said no, but Woolie picked up 3 humanity earlier." are the loving worst.

What does it matter if a softcap is actually 1 point higher than he said it was, or if you actually can find X item before Y bossfight, but he said you couldn't? Grow up.

Those are the same people who forget that Slow Mode Woolie in DS2 was caused primarily by Pat constantly, overbearingly "teaching" him poo poo. I think Pat has found a good pace with it now. Can you imagine the result if Pat exhaustively ran through everything just from around firelink? gently caress that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

DumbparameciuM posted:

Man, people are such jerks. "You're an adult, how dare you CONSUME CONTENT WRONG?!" is straight up Patlogic, for reals. I first came to the series via Dark Souls 1 on PC (i.e. very late) having watched several complete full LPs, which I think actually increased my enjoyment. I know me, I am a huge poo poo and I probably would have stopped playing during Blighttown if I was trying to do it blind. Neo_Crimson, I would put the people who give you poo poo on the same tier as those who do a Onebro run and then scoff at everyone else who plays non-Onebro.

The best part was one guy getting in on it was a Souls noob who was constantly asking the thread for advice and generally had no room to talk.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Monathin posted:

For those not watching: They have by pure random chance managed to figure out the Redips = Spider connection like, literally an hour of gameplay before the reveal actually happens. They howl about it for about five minutes.

could you post the part where htey first get a clue?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Futaba Anzu posted:

could you post the part where htey first get a clue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ2Jelk2ACg&t=1033s

17:13 if the link doesn't jump you there, money shot's at 17:33.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

YF-23 posted:

It's just a videogame dude.

Sure, and at least when Pat has his rear end in a top hat blown out for being wrong he takes it like a champ. I just think that "well it's a derivative form of media" shouldn't exclude you from the general human prospect of not saying poo poo you don't know is true. I do let's plays, I did a let's play of Dark Souls from his position on this very forum. It's super easy to just not say stuff you can't back up.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
#bitchniggaghosts

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alright, now Pat is being a bit too firm with his guiding hand. I'm hoping he lightens up on that when Darlington starts on the critical path. Or uses it for the Greater Good, to guide him to the Catacombs when you're expected to do them.

That occasional freeze issue they're having is odd. I don't think I've ever come across that myself except when using texture overrides.

I really hope they don't switch to the PS3 version. People usually only bring up Blighttown when discussing poor framerate areas, but on the PS3 there are a lot of rough areas, some even coming close to Blighttown (lots of areas in the DLC, for instance).

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Alright, now Pat is being a bit too firm with his guiding hand.

If he loosens it at all this LP is gonna be 100+ episodes. They've spent two episodes running around Firelink.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Foxhound posted:

If he loosens it at all this LP is gonna be 100+ episodes. They've spent two episodes running around Firelink.

It's been so long because of Pat's guiding hand. E.g. spending like 15 minutes in New Londo purely because Pat really wanted him to get that Estus Shard. Without that, the bridge diversion, or that side path early in the Burg they'd have probably made it to the first bonfire at least.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Woolie is merely the stolen body.

Pat has become the Nomad Soul.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Woolie getting turned around literally in the first instant of undead burg doesn't really bode well for the DS LP. Maybe he if didn't pitch the camera towards the loving ground he wouldn't have this issue.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This Cryme Tyme is strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Genocyber posted:

That occasional freeze issue they're having is odd. I don't think I've ever come across that myself except when using texture overrides.

Pretty sure it's a DSFix or GeDoSaTo issue, one of which they have to be using.