Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

weapons i like to have for lil hunter: auto crossbow, super crossbow, assault slugger, gatling slugger, lightning hammer um. that's probably it. usually a 5-10 second fight.

if you get in his face he won't attack and fly off instead. this isn't 100% though so don't @ me if it fails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yesterday he spawned Ina tiny room and I shot the plasma cannon once and it was over. I spent more time killing regular enemies

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Maybe you should try playing as Melting, instead of as a freaking noob lmao.
i'm playing as both atm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i keep destroying 3/4 reactors and then the throne parks on top of the last one fuuu

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
best trick with hunter is to stay in his face
if you go too far away from him he starts using the slugger that fires really fast lines of bullets at you which is by far his hardest trick to dodge

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no trigger fingers, no bloodlust, not even stress... wish me luck

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i had gamma guts, lil hunter landed on top of me, got killed by the guts, and the i got insta killed by his explosion lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

got to Lil Hunter with the perfect set of guns and mutations and the arena was a small square with 3 million dogs, yetis and exploding robot dinner plate things and I was instantly + brutally murdered by a million explosions, collisions, teleports and whatever the gently caress else. cool. love that fight

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

got to Lil Hunter with the perfect set of guns and mutations and the arena was a small square with 3 million dogs, yetis and exploding robot dinner plate things and I was instantly + brutally murdered by a million explosions, collisions, teleports and whatever the gently caress else. cool. love that fight
Haha, nuclear throne owns. Surviving poo poo like that feels amazing when you pull it off.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Every time I get mad at it I load it up again at most five minutes later

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i looped the throne in the daily but then i died in 0-1 because i usually skip throne 2 through yv's ultra :cheers:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got to throne 2 and beat it when headless chicken but the death animation was too long so i didn't loop ;-(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i looped for real this time with chicken, i keep picking random and then get farthest with chicken. thank u heavy auto crossbow if you have full ammo on throne 2 the way to win is to hold down fire and twirl your stick around. then i immediately died on 1-1 because i shot the enemy next to me on reaction. it was a robo sniper oops. thank you fellow gamers for your support

I Said No
May 21, 2007

every time i pick chicken the RNG just straight up loving decides its time to ruin me, like i get poo poo for weapon drops and start every area in a wide open exposed space
just havent ever had any good runs with chicken because of totally external poo poo, it's loving weird

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

chicken was the pro meta choice the last time i checked because ammo gets super sparse in the higher loops and her weapon throw is essentially infinite

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I Said No posted:

every time i pick chicken the RNG just straight up loving decides its time to ruin me, like i get poo poo for weapon drops and start every area in a wide open exposed space
just havent ever had any good runs with chicken because of totally external poo poo, it's loving weird

i got really crap weapon drops thank u big chest on 5-3 for pop guns and smgs. but i got an gattling slugger and energy hammer with 99 ammo each from collecting ammo the whole game and not using it because of crap drops on 6-1. and a heavy auto cross bow on the throne room

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a series of holes in my wall for every time pop gun drops past 2-1

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

the real pro choice is picking random every time

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

omg the weekly is fish with crown of blood and a super plasma cannon, and you get trigger fingers at level 2

I Said No
May 21, 2007

In Training posted:

There's a series of holes in my wall for every time pop gun drops past 2-1

pop gun isnt that bad though? pop rifle is lovely but gun will get you to at least the palace before you need something better

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah but normally if you grab a crown, you can get a Heavy AR by throne which does like 4x the damage of a pop rifle

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

EvilMike posted:

omg the weekly is fish with crown of blood and a super plasma cannon, and you get trigger fingers at level 2

i've got a super plasma cannon on one hand and a super splinter gun in the other :hellyeah:

finally managed to unlock one of teh post loop crowns :)

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

finally sat on the fuckin thing.

plasma gatling gun, automatic crossbow, bolt marrow, scary face

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i looped with rogue which was very stressful especially since all the drops were pretty bad until like 7-1 when i got a gattling slugger but i had her starting gun right until the throne room when i got something better. thank u hammerhead mutation a good way to run away from throne dogs is to run into a wall when your gattling slugger runs out of ammo and summon a portal strike.

i blew myself up with a portal strike on 1-3 tho ;-(

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i looped with rogue which was very stressful especially since all the drops were pretty bad until like 7-1 when i got a gattling slugger but i had her starting gun right until the throne room when i got something better. thank u hammerhead mutation a good way to run away from throne dogs is to run into a wall when your gattling slugger runs out of ammo and summon a portal strike.

i blew myself up with a portal strike on 1-3 tho ;-(

Her starting gun is strong and useful even into loops, with the proper mutations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

qnqnx posted:

Her starting gun is strong and useful even into loops, with the proper mutations.

i didn't get strong shoulders or recycle gland ;-( i did get rabbits paw tho

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I finally reached the throne even though I had lovely weapons (crossbow right up to 7-2 where a splinter gun dropped, a shotgun thing called the Eraser I've never seen before). It went really well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmqQPpKs6E

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i've been trying all day and im insane now. at least i can fairly consistently get to the throne now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QDM-0r6mDg

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the eraser owns, it fires a bunch of slugger bullets in a straight line. yvs throne butt and shotgun shoulders make it p insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i've been trying all day and im insane now. at least i can fairly consistently get to the throne now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QDM-0r6mDg

admittedly I havent tried to loop ever but the bullet patterns for the throne are fairly sluggish. its the one part of the game that resembles a shmup because youre just in an unobstructed hallway of bullets and its easier than ones Ive tried to practice

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

apparently I shouldn't let it push me back. I just assumed walking backwards when the giant tank boss moved towards me was a good idea

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

wait until you have to fight the L1 7-3 throne

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

let's face it I'm never going to get there

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i used to not be able to get through the frozen city and now i loop on the reg

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

wait until you have to fight the L1 7-3 throne

I made it there as crystal once and it was one of the most heart rushing experiences of my life

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lol I got murked from full health within a second of spawning on 7-2. I don't even know what happened

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lol I beat the Throne (normal form) first run today. A gatling bazooka dropped right before him and I had YV's Throne Butt and 99 explosives so it didn't take very long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5qubY_UzVU

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 4, 2017

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i defeated the throne having blown up all 4 generators and i teleported to throne II (??) fight on a broken stone floating in space. i was playing as yv. no idea what i did. do you have to do that ever time to loop??

also, is it a bug that sometimes when i restart i begin on 1-3?? I wouldn't want to cheat to get to the throne but, like, the heck?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

White Genocide posted:

i defeated the throne having blown up all 4 generators and i teleported to throne II (??) fight on a broken stone floating in space. i was playing as yv. no idea what i did. do you have to do that ever time to loop??

also, is it a bug that sometimes when i restart i begin on 1-3?? I wouldn't want to cheat to get to the throne but, like, the heck?

Probably just you fulfilling the conditions for early Big Bandit spawn (open all chests and rad cans with minimal/no kills)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that's how you loop yeah. yv fact: if you hit level ultra during 7-3 you'll skip throne ii

• Locked thread