Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OB_Juan posted:

According to this, goons had spent 13% of the total in ships purchased, and were the largest org by :tenbux: spent? Is that true? And the community didn't see that group turning on the game and pulling out as a warning sign?

Hello fellow goon from last decade.

Yeah goons aren't a force in the Greater Internet AT ALL anymore. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016
This thing:
:gary:
I can't say for sure that it was worth 180,000,000$$.

:gary::yarg:
Well, maybe.

Oh, and while poo poo-posting: I think wtfosaurus sounds a bit like a less happy Jesse from Breaking Bad.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

kikkelivelho posted:

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. FAU is one of the few intelligent and rational goons left who still have their money in Star Citizen. He was also very kind and considerate when I complained about the state of this thread. Sadly his hands are somewhat tied since Lowtax is now friends with mr. Smart and other deplorables who troll here and elsewhere.

:golfclap:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Pretty hosed up that FAU is a shitizen. A couple of things make more sense now.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

So now that the blog is out how long do we have to wait for the 100% guaranteed legal action?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Seriously, these dudes. These. loving. dudes.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

So now that the blog is out how long do we have to wait for the 100% guaranteed legal action?

Yeah you go on spouting FUD you instigator troll. Meanwhile, I'm buying myself another four copies of Derek Smart's Line of Defense, just for your information :smuggo:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Flarpy posted:

Has anyone mentioned that while developing an AAA game, they also had to build a company? I think this explains time spent.
Besides, most games take like three or four hardware- and/or human generations to develop, and that's just for the annual Call of Duty reskins.

Quit trying to steal kikkelivelho's goon-valor.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Yeah you go on spouting FUD you instigator troll. Meanwhile, I'm buying myself another four copies of Derek Smart's Line of Defense, just for your information :smuggo:

You should buy one more to make sure the teams are balanced in case everyone decides to play at once.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

That Twitch stream is hilarious. "Sure, the game seems terrible and buggy now, but maybe this Lumberyard thing will be great."

Twerk17 was so close. "The only reason 2019 would be a problem is because they originally said it was 2016."

There are some voices of sanity in the chat, but there are also people writing fanfic about their space news vans broadcasting yuge space battles or some delusional poo poo.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
So any comments on the release of the information of the addition of Fisher's Rest to a future E:D patch and how CIG will respond?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I said that learning Lumberyard would be good for when CIG lets you run your own private Star Citizen server like they said you would be able to.

Someone didn't realize I was joking and said they were really excited about that too.

:smith:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Samizdata posted:

So any comments on the release of the information of the addition of Fisher's Rest to a future E:D patch and how CIG will respond?

In true CIG style, they'll probably have a concept ship and sale.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

ripptide posted:

'Lets sell the Millenium Falcon! Sandi can play dead Leia!'

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Decrepus posted:

I said that learning Lumberyard would be good for when CIG lets you run your own private Star Citizen server like they said you would be able to.

Someone didn't realize I was joking and said they were really excited about that too.

:smith:
My reddit account that I made to troll cultists keeps getting more and more positive /r/starcitizen karma because these dummies are incapable of recognizing sarcasm.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ripptide posted:

Just a thought. If they DO a concept ship/sale based on Carrie Fisher's death, I will actually be actively wishing harm on them, which I currently am forborn against. As in nasty, bloody, fiery harm. All of them.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

You can buy a cute slave girl for $1000, "Lya", comes with a chain for your private quarters.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

mike12345 posted:

You can buy a cute slave girl for $1000, "Lya", comes with a chain for your private quarters.

Ahhh, the "Ben Lesnik" stretch goal.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I got a 10 minute mute for saying CIG was bought by Amazon.

e: "if amazon bought CIG they would at least deliver on time LUL"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ripptide posted:

They wouldn't. Even CIG wouldn't lower themselves that far, would they?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Parry is flailing around on ED forums trying to explain why he thinks CE to Lumberyard was just a delta of modifications, and ran into the '50% rewrite' wall. Can't have it both ways, one of them has to be a like, its technically impossible to have both.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Holy poo poo. hahahah!

Nice find.

I'd expect that it doesn't take long for anyone to spot inconsistencies in their full of holes, contradictions and marketing/nonsensical-talk narrative, but it still is admirable that someone will take the bullet and spend time going through that pile of paaarp garbage.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

ewe2 posted:

Parry is flailing around on ED forums trying to explain why he thinks CE to Lumberyard was just a delta of modifications, and ran into the '50% rewrite' wall. Can't have it both ways, one of them has to be a like, its technically impossible to have both.

Have you a link?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

The amount of excuses these guy are making.

Maybe CIG is keeping content away ( weapons and armor ) because delta patching isn't in.

gently caress this poo poo.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

The moment you realize WTFOSAURUS is the only one talking sense -_-"

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
After making excuses for not delivering anything for 4 years now, it's become second nature to them. Hilarious to watch. Someone should make a list of top 100 CIG excuses. The one from last year: "oh sorry we forgot to mention, one of developers broke his arm last week so we're delaying the release of today's patch indefinitely" has to be in the top 5 all-time for sure.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Rad Russian posted:

After making excuses for not delivering anything for 4 years now, it's become second nature to them. Hilarious to watch. Someone should make a list of top 100 CIG excuses. The one from last year: "oh sorry we forgot to mention, one of developers broke his arm last week so we're delaying the release of today's patch indefinitely" has to be in the top 5 all-time for sure.

But apart from Boredgamer they are starting to ask the right questions.
I give em 4 months, the only thing keeping em from going all fubar is because magic 3..

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. FAU is one of the few intelligent and rational goons left who still have their money in Star Citizen. He was also very kind and considerate when I complained about the state of this thread. Sadly his hands are somewhat tied since Lowtax is now friends with mr. Smart and other deplorables who troll here and elsewhere.

+42

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Watch FAU start his own forums with the rest of the admins and leave lowtax hanging dry

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So the new revised updated explanation is that they patched the ("legacy") 3.7 version of LY which in other words was the 3.7 CryEngine with the diff-patch from Star Engine which was forked off 3.7 CE. That was the 2 days work (why do that in the first place? for the license maybe? Does it count if you are not actually using the LY code though?)

New features of LY proper (fork off 3.8.x whatever) are not added and probably have not even been evaluated if they are worth adding or how much of a nightmare merging to that would be.

Does that sound pointless to anyone else, too? Or just me then?
I think this explanation gets better and better.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=4943894&viewfull=1#post4943894

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 28, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mike12345 posted:

Pretty hosed up that FAU is a shitizen. A couple of things make more sense now.

Citation needed

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

Citation needed

Croberts probably said it in one of his 10FTCs, or it's on /r/StarCitizen

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek posted:

Croberts probably said it in one of his 10FTCs, or it's on /r/StarCitizen

The first person I saw claiming that was the Lord, and he never backed it up. I have my issues with FAU's clumsy interference with this thread but this is silly in the face of it. Are all the FYAD guys secret whales as well? :cmon:

e: poo poo, I can't believe I'm batting for FAU

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DOOOOOO :negative:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

The first person I saw claiming that was the Lord, and he never backed it up. I have my issues with FAU's clumsy interference with this thread but this is silly in the face of it. Are all the FYAD guys secret whales as well? :cmon:

e: poo poo, I can't believe I'm batting for FAU

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DOOOOOO :negative:

Oh, in that case it's probably in Derek Smart's July Blog.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AbstractNapper posted:

So the new revised updated explanation is that they patched the ("legacy") 3.7 version of LY which in other words was the 3.7 CryEngine with the diff-patch from Star Engine which was forked off 3.7 CE. That was the 2 days work (why do that in the first place? for the license maybe? Does it count if you are not actually using the LY code though?)

New features of LY proper (fork off 3.8.x whatever) are not added and probably have not even been evaluated if they are worth adding or how much of a nightmare merging to that would be.

Does that sound pointless to anyone else, too? Or just me then?
I think this explanation gets better and better.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=4943894&viewfull=1#post4943894

I believe the Star Engine was a modified version of Cryengine 3.7 + 4 years worth of CIG crap

Now Star Engine is Lumberyard (- changes amazon made to Cryengine 3.8 & - changes Crytek made 3.7 > 3.8) (+ 4 years worth of CIG crap)

+ A new lumberyard splash screen.

It's odd all the bugs are the same.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
FAU is Cymelion.

Cymelion is WTFOSAURUS.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

It's odd all the bugs are the same.

That's unkind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sawfn00MR2g

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD3JyPZQtTk

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsM-im0BPTk&t=18s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

a what now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQoZK16b4I