Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

tower time posted:

Wanted to share a snippet of a post from a volunteer up in Dubuque county, Iowa, which went Red for the first time since 1956. full post at http://www.bleedingheartland.com/

Its the little things that make it. Presidential campaign can't even even handle shipping the updated stickers before the election is over.

god it just keeps coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm gonna give up caffeine.

Im going to double my caffeine intake

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

UHD posted:

this terrible shitfucking year is nearly over

what are your new years resolutions, demgoons

mine is to get more involved in my community and environmental causes in general

and to guillotine unbelievers

I don't have a guillotine though you can't just buy that poo poo at home depot so idk when that will happen

i am going to enact a kind of silent protest wherein i find local dem meetings, then hide in the nearest broom closet and masturbate

viennese actionism for the modern world

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Obama just declared Gold Butte in Nevada and Bears Ears in Utah as national monuments, turning over one million acres of land into protected areas, including the land where the Bundy clan was illegally grazing cattle.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

Obama just declared Gold Butte in Nevada and Bears Ears in Utah as national monuments, turning over one million acres of land into protected areas, including the land where the Bundy clan was illegally grazing cattle.

Trump's gonna take that gold butt for himself

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Ace of Baes posted:

White Mormon trash in Southeast Utah are mad/10 that they can't ride their ATVs and pot hunt native sites anymore. They always cry hard about that.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

Trump's gonna take that gold butt for himself

He's almost certainly a step or two ahead of you in that regard.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

my resolution is to build a collection 100 teeth from american neonatzis.

you're gonna have to leave your house for that to happen

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

What the gently caress is "reddit'?

its gbs 5 years ago but popular

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

my resolution is to build a collection 100 teeth from american neonatzis.

Depending on meth lab concentrations in their area that may take a while

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ace of Baes posted:

obama good

get hosed bundy

you and everyone like you

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

UHD posted:

this terrible shitfucking year is nearly over

what are your new years resolutions, demgoons

mine is to get more involved in my community and environmental causes in general

and to guillotine unbelievers

I don't have a guillotine though you can't just buy that poo poo at home depot so idk when that will happen

i have unfortunate news: trump and the american public at large will not stop being loving idiots when 2017 hits

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terror Sweat posted:

you're gonna have to leave your house for that to happen

true, that. even leaving the house doesn't guarantee i will meet somebody.

can't even get saturday night live until thursday where i live.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump supporters believe he would have won the popular vote if it wasn't for vote rigging.

Hill folk believe that russia hacked the election to make her lose, despite a very badly run campaign.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

etalian posted:

Trump supporters believe he would have won the popular vote if it wasn't for vote rigging.

Hill folk believe that russia hacked the election to make her lose, despite a very badly run campaign.

I wonder how many uncomfortable conversations were had within Russian intelligence when it became clear that they didn't need to have wasted any resources at all on influencing the election?

Note: I do not think there's any evidence that Russia, or anyone, tampered with vote tallies. I do think it's pretty obvious they basically acted like an anti-Clinton SuperPAC and that's not really okay either. Though, again, wasted effort since Clinton was more than capable of defeating herself.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

I never posted it, but I had suspected that — after volunteering for bernard in the primaries — the hillary democrats had hamstrung his campaign by sabotaging their voter db into malfunctioning.

I'm not sure if it's better or worse that it was actually just lovely and worthless for all democrats.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Maybe other people can corroborate this but it seemed like the Clinton campaign was clutching VAN during the GE like it was Clintons deleted emails.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

true, that. even leaving the house doesn't guarantee i will meet somebody.

can't even get saturday night live until thursday where i live.

You should have one of those caligula style hootenannies I keep hearing about

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ace of Baes posted:

Maybe other people can corroborate this but it seemed like the Clinton campaign was clutching VAN during the GE like it was Clintons deleted emails.

In June I got a phone call from the Clinton campaign asking me if they could count on me to support her in November. I told them no but I planned on voting Democrat downticket. They said "okay" and hung up. They never contacted me again.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Thoguh posted:

In June I got a phone call from the Clinton campaign asking me if they could count on me to support her in November. I told them no but I planned on voting Democrat downticket. They said "okay" and hung up. They never contacted me again.

Yeah that was SOP for the most part "don't waste time trying to convince people".

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Those who do not support the abuela are unclean and contact should be kept to a minimum lest you are corrupted.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I'll just post this in full from the comments section on bleeding heartland regarding the VAN:

quote:

Back when the VAN actually worked, each voter would have candidate data stretching back several years. for example, Obama supporters may have been identified for 2012 and 2008. Senate and Congressional data for an individual Senate or Congressional candidates may have been identified for each individual voter. Actual records of votes in primary, General and even school board elections were dentified by voter. Campaign strategists could use this data to scrape down to the marginal voter that needed party encouragement to get to the voting booth. Today most of that valuable historical data is missing – dumped in the transition from a state managed system to aa national system. Strategists are then left with raw lists of D, R and I sorted by sex and possibly interest group, if that. it may be OK for messaging, but it’s just not enough data to target who we need to target — the marginal voter. Where does the blame go? It goes to the DNC consultants that designed the system, as well as many private consultants that kept data created by Democratic volunteers. These consultants profit from its sale and the candidates on deck for any current election are left dangling in the wind with no good historical data. Privatization does not work well in government and we as Democrats criticize it regularly. Why should we think that privati«ation of our own campaign tools would work much differently?

The commentator is Bob Krause, who is kind of a minor Iowa Democratic figure in the state. Other comments i've read/heard from people in Iowa are that while our candidates tend to be poor as hell and receive little funding from either the state/national party, they are required to pay for access to VAN lists. The overall talk is that the data is ineffective compared to what Republicans in the state are working with and charging our own candidates for use of the information is funneling more of their already meagre funding to Des Moines/national DNC coffers. I know some of you give Concerned Citizen poo poo, but I appreciate hearing their thoughts since they have more experience in the day-to-day of it. Something definitely feels very wrong in Iowa even setting aside Clinton - the Iowa Democratic Party always struggled for money, but it used to be very strong at organizing phonebanks and getting people out at the precinct level as a result of caucus organizing. The Republicans have pulled off organizational advantages at the state level that are akin to what Obama did to Mccain in 08'

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I know of someone whos volunteer group was specifically told not to bring up the (D) house candidate because they didn't do joint fundraising with the Clinton campaign.

Lol

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Ace of Baes posted:

I know of someone whos volunteer group was specifically told not to bring up the (D) house candidate because they didn't do joint fundraising with the Clinton campaign.

Lol

Get them to name names or at least write down their recollections for prosperity.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

The Kingfish posted:

Get them to name names or at least write down their recollections for prosperity.

I know who it is, not sure if the NDA I signed lets me say though.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Pussy. Also page 777.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The funny thing is the pre written scripts even have a box for house candidate but the HRC organizers would X it out.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ace of Baes posted:

The funny thing is the pre written scripts even have a box for house candidate but the HRC organizers would X it out.

llolll

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Oh yeah I live in a swing state too.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

off the record send it to the guy writing "lmao clinton campaign" articles on politico so we can get more of them

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ace of Baes posted:

Lol

they didn't have to do joint fundraising because one of clinton's greatest strengths was giving money to downticket races, hth

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Zikan posted:

off the record send it to the guy writing "lmao clinton campaign" articles on politico so we can get more of them

Get his email and I will.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Ace of Baes posted:

I know who it is, not sure if the NDA I signed lets me say though.

whats the consequences on the nda? do you actually lose anything of value if you got caught? :V

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 06:47 on Dec 29, 2016

Serf
May 5, 2011

Just saw where Keith asked people not to email their DNC members.

Whoops. I kinda emailed them all a while ago. I tried to be as polite as possible. Hopefully I didn't gently caress anything up.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if you don't take every chance to attack clinton i will lose respect 4 u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what's going to happen, that leaked info would cause hillary to lose the election?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

GlyphGryph posted:

whats the consequences on the nda? do you actually lose anything of value if you got caught? :V

I think I'd be banned from working/being an official part of the DNC or w.e.? Idk idgaf tbh because im not a future politician or anything, I mostly just don't want to get exiled from trying to influence/improve the abysmal local party.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zikan posted:

Second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Ace of Baes posted:

Take pictures if you still have them. Literally send them to Wikileaks or something because these people need to be laughed out of politics.

• Locked thread