Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I don't really care about whatever new game Bioware puts out at this point but this seems like the only suitable thread to ask... is there a reason the Origin logo for ME3 is this weird, cryptic picture of the entire Middle East on fire?

What does EA mean by this?

its because me3 was a raging dumpster fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Bogart posted:

Even worse, when you try to buy the ME2 & 3 DLCS, they make you buy it with fuckin' Bioware points. I thought we were done with this fake money bullshit.

They fixed it for Inquisition, I assume they just didn't go back and change the older games for whatever reason.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Yeah, when you go to buy the points from Bioware it warns you that they are only good for Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 :/

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
me3 question: I cured the genophage then went back to the citadel to refuel. After doing the citadel attack terror mission, the woman next to the starmap told me "oh don't bother about grissom academy they're all dead lol". I looked at a wiki page which told me that ALL of the sidequests that were available before the citadel are now not available any more. That's a lot and I feel like this game tricked me or something. Should I reload or is it not a big deal? I'm not a completionist but I feel like I may have been locked out of like 20% of the game, which I'm finding really fun. Am I wrong?

Edit: I didn't know I was going to be locked into the "kill Udina, meet Cerberus assassin, Thane dies" mission. I was just visiting the citadel, and now all the sidequests seem to be gone?

redreader fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 29, 2016

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

redreader posted:

me3 question: I cured the genophage then went back to the citadel to refuel. After doing the citadel attack terror mission, the woman next to the starmap told me "oh don't bother about grissom academy they're all dead lol". I looked at a wiki page which told me that ALL of the sidequests that were available before the citadel are now not available any more. That's a lot and I feel like this game tricked me or something. Should I reload or is it not a big deal? I'm not a completionist but I feel like I may have been locked out of like 20% of the game, which I'm finding really fun. Am I wrong?

well you did ignore Traynor's reports to go pal around with the Krogan; sleep in the slaughter filled bed you made :colbert:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Basically, always do Priority missions last. Going to the Citadel wasn't the mistake, curing the genophage before doing the sidequests was.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ok, so how much game did I miss? 'cos that was like 3 hours of play ago or more.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Grissom is the only actual mission that gets failed, the rest are just fetch quests related to planet scanning or picking up stuff during other missions. If you like jack, reload and do grissom. The only real loss is war assets and some conversation (moreso with citadel DLC).

Rule of thumb for ME3 is do as many sidemissions as you can before completing the next priority mission. The exception are any N7 cerberus missions which do not expire.

I beat ME3 on insanity today and I was a bit underwhelmed. They really dialed back the difficulty from ME2, I used James/Liara and spec'd energy drain as my bonus power and it was almost stupidly easy. Didn't even die once in the last earth section.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 29, 2016

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grissom is a fun mission. Go back and do it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Grissom is a fun mission. Go back and do it.

It was.

It even had a callback to Overlord, which was a nice touch.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If you're a Jack-fan, then definitely reload. If not, I won't tell you to reload, but Grissom is one of the best side missions.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ugh ok I'll reload and do it. But, I have to reload before the genophage, right? not before the citadel assassin udina mission?

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm really loving this game. I'm prepared for a horrible shitshow of an ending but the game itself is so fun and enjoyable.

edit: I love the citadel reference to evil dead: "shoot smart! shoot... nosostra"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm not sure, reload after Tuchanka and see if it's still available in your journal.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Yeah, when you go to buy the points from Bioware it warns you that they are only good for Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 :/

I think I still had some leftover points because of course you couldn't buy the exact amount you needed. By design.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Buy them through Amazon, it's cheaper and you get the exact amount of points for the story DLC you're interested in.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

redreader posted:

Ugh ok I'll reload and do it. But, I have to reload before the genophage, right? not before the citadel assassin udina mission?

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm really loving this game. I'm prepared for a horrible shitshow of an ending but the game itself is so fun and enjoyable.

edit: I love the citadel reference to evil dead: "shoot smart! shoot... nosostra"

The ending as it is currently just sucks because the general overall story about the reapers sucks as well. And I guess 2 of the 4 endings are literally retarded. The ending ON RELEASE was you waking up early on Christmas to see Hitler in a Santa Suit mid-pump doggystyling your mom and discovering someone poo poo in your stocking. It was undercooked and awful in every way. It really was amazing. :allears:

And play Citadel either immediately before you go on your last mission, or after you beat the game. It's the best send off to the series that we could get. Just dumb fun fanservice done right. I'd suggest you play it before you beat the game. It flows better now.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 29, 2016

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ok that sucks, I have one save 6 hours earlier before cure genophage + citadel mission, and the next save is after having done both. In that earlier save I can play the mission. I suppose I'll play it, then reload the other save because gently caress replaying missions.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing that changes when you choose to play the special ending DLC thing with clone special guest character is who turns up to the fanfiction.net party scene at the end. Don't worry about it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

redreader posted:

Ok that sucks, I have one save 6 hours earlier before cure genophage + citadel mission, and the next save is after having done both. In that earlier save I can play the mission. I suppose I'll play it, then reload the other save because gently caress replaying missions.

I guess it depends on how much/little you care about Jack being in the Citadel DLC.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What is the must play/important to play DLC for ME2?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kingtheninja posted:

Lair of the Shadow Broker. Or Stealing Memory/The Price of Revenge if you don't have those.

Arrival and Overlord, you can take or leave.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

• Shadow Broker is top of the list, unless you absolutely cannot stand Liara at all.
  • Zaeed and Kasumi both have fun loyalty missions and are pretty cool companions.
  • Overlord is a decent side mission with a good callback in ME3, but it lacks much party interaction. It's not bad, it's just very non-essential.
  • Arrival sets up ME3. It's also got some of the dumbest writing in the entire series, has no party interaction, and makes no sense unless you play it after the end of the game. I would read what it's about and skip it.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Kingtheninja posted:

Lair of the Shadow Broker is the biggie really as it involves Liara but is also fun in it's own right. Lots of missions and Liara's only real chance to do anything in 2.
Arrival is the bridge between 2 and 3 and should never have been paid dlc in my opinion.
Overlord has less consequences in 3 but is worth a buy.
Kasumi is another companion and I guess not having her makes a quest in 3 have a worse outcome, though you can have her and she can die in the suicide mission anyway, so up to you if you want another squaddie. She's fun and I like her.
Zaeed comes included with purchases of 2 these days.
Firewalker is totally expendable but if you have points left over a decent enough buy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Helith posted:

Firewalker is totally expendable but if you have points left over a decent enough buy.
I thought it was free?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I thought it was free?

You're right! It's also part of the cerberus network pack along with Zaeed and the crash site. Been so long since I got them I forgot that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, like Zaeed, Firewalker is free with new copies.

e: beaten

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Arrival is good because its gets you ready for the quality of ME3

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

redreader posted:

Don't worry too much about the opinions in this thread, several posters here are rogue Markov chain posting bots left behind from the 2012 War on Bioware.

Kingtheninja posted:

Nthing Shadow Broker DLC, other companion ones are solid-ish. Shadow Broker is actually one of the best parts of the entire series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
drat it I went to the monkey planet with the prothean sphere bit I don't have the asari trinket. Completely forgot you need to talk to the elcor first to get it. So much for watching cavemen humans through text scrawl.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
The one fun part of Arrival was the bit where you're supposed to get knocked out by overwhelming waves of enemies, but can hold out, solo, if you do it right. It's a fun little challenge once you've maximized all your equipment and stats and beaten the game on Insanity.

Kasumi is crucial because you get to play through the rest of the game wearing a cocktail dress or a tuxedo, instead of a Cerberus uniform or dumpy space-overalls. Also, Kasumi's a pretty good companion. Also, the actual mission is really fun. A space-heist! Also, you get an incredibly broken weapon/the one SMG that can actually hit things.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Shadow Broker was the good DLC

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Crustashio posted:

Grissom is the only actual mission that gets failed, the rest are just fetch quests related to planet scanning or picking up stuff during other missions. If you like jack, reload and do grissom. The only real loss is war assets and some conversation (moreso with citadel DLC).

If you don't visit whoever is at the hospital you also are forced to kill them in the udina standoff. Which I didn't mind one bit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zzulu posted:

Shadow Broker was the good DLC

Overlord also has some great dialogue from the Hammerhead tank of all things. "Local wildlife are no match for vehicle firepower" indeed.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

They should have stopped ME3 with you and the admiral passing out because that was actually a touching moment instead of releasing that dogshit of an endingn

Any cliffhanger is better than ME3 starchild.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

nerdz posted:

If you don't visit whoever is at the hospital you also are forced to kill them in the udina standoff. Which I didn't mind one bit.

Goddamn, Kaiden was such a whiny loving bitch. Ashley was alright maybe, I don't really remember. Probably wishes her name was spelled Ashleigh. gently caress it, she's a bitch, too.

Goddamn bitches, the lot of 'em.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Michaellaneous posted:

They should have stopped ME3 with you and the admiral passing out because that was actually a touching moment instead of releasing that dogshit of an endingn

I think I remember seeing an edited together clip on youtube of Anderson and Shepard talking together right as the Crucible activates, with it ending as Anderson realizes Shepard died, then it cuts to voice-overs from your squadmates. It wasn't perfect, but it felt like a more fitting ending than what I'd just sat through.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Drifter posted:

Goddamn, Kaiden was such a whiny loving bitch. Ashley was alright maybe, I don't really remember. Probably wishes her name was spelled Ashleigh. gently caress it, she's a bitch, too.

Goddamn bitches, the lot of 'em.

I really struggle deciding which one to save because they're both terrible

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I'd like to point out that Kasumi gives hilarious banter in the Citadel DLC. Just make sure you turn it up.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Michaellaneous posted:

I wanted the game to end when Shepard is blacking out and a dude yells "SHEPARD!! NOTHING'S HAPPENING?!?" over the comms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Moola posted:

I really struggle deciding which one to save because they're both terrible

Kaidan has Lift, and by ME3 has figured out how to turn his Biotic Sweat into some kind of biotic armor. :colbert: