Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

r/relationships 3.0 WTF is wrong with people

Shower shitters / I assume a waffle stomp also happened.
Adopters being removed from the family.. (hint don't invite the bios)
Thai cheaters
Gift haters
Kid daters
Bull preppers
Shower haters

the list goes on and on, makes me feel good bout myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Chaz is a common nickname. Chazz is dumb

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

tater_salad posted:

r/relationships 3.0 WTF is wrong with people

Shower shitters / I assume a waffle stomp also happened.
Adopters being removed from the family.. (hint don't invite the bios)
Thai cheaters
Gift haters
Kid daters
Bull preppers
Shower haters

the list goes on and on, makes me feel good bout myself.

Also people that own a Korean

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

zakharov posted:

Goons still can't handle names that aren't from the Bible or something lol

nah I don't care about unconventional names or whatever but that's just one Z too many

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Panfilo posted:

Also people that own a Korean
And a widower's dead wife's sidepiece showing up to her funeral

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

I'm [32F] pregnant and sick and I feel like my husband [28M] isn't taking care of me. He feels like I'm ungrateful.

quote:

We found out we were pregnant several weeks ago. Since, the morning sickness has been unbearable. In the past two weeks, I have puked up every single meal except for dry toast. Right before Christmas, which we are hosting at our place, I become sick. Fever, chills. Its the flu, dangerous for me and the baby. I have never been so tired and so sick in my life, puking up all the meds, all the food.

My husband is a caring and loving man. He grew up in a very cold and isolated family. Often times, I find him to have the best of intentions but very selfish actions. This entire week that I've been ill, I feel like I haven't been able to count on him for anything and he thinks I'm being ungrateful. As with everything, the truth is somewhere in between. I need help trying to get what I need from him.

First it started before Christmas when I was unable to get the groceries for the dinner. I sent him to the store to get fairly common ingredients. He came back with everything except the most critical ingredient: the marinade. I asked him if he looked, he said he did. I asked him if he asked anyone to help him find it, he said no. I asked him to go back, he said no. I got my flu-ridden pregnant rear end out of bed and to the store and back with the marinade in 15 minutes. Okay. Not such a big deal. This happens all the time.

Queue a few days later. Hubby is notorious for eating everything tasty and leaving me the unwanted scraps. He eats a lot so he can go through ingredients lightening fast. I am still in bed with a 102 degree fever. I'm still puking up everything I try to eat. I ask him to make me some tea and toast. We had a third of a loaf of bread. He says sure. He brings me tea and one burnt (blackened) piece of toast. I looked at him like he was crazy. I asked him to make me another. He said he couldn't because while he was making me tea and toast, he ate the other 1/3 of the loaf. He literally polished off the ONE thing I can stomach. So, I went hungry. Three hours later, he runs a few errands. He fixes his car, then get grabs a loaf of bread from the store and fixes me toast. I ask for tea to help swallow it down. He says he can't make any because he threw away the last of it since I had refused it earlier. Toast and water for me.

Finally, queue today. Situation has mildly improved. Down to 100. Still puking up everything I swallow. A week of fever. I am beyond weak. Its 11am and there is nothing to eat in the house. I ask him if he'd be willing to go to the store to get kleenex, oj, soup. He said he couldn't right then because he was in the middle of applying for this job. So I patiently waited. Two hours later, hungry, I ask him again. He says he wants to shower first. I got so angry that he decided forgo the shower. I made it clear, I wanted OJ, Kleenex and Clear Soups - chicken noodle, onion etc. He comes back with OJ, Kleenex and chicken/vegetable stock. I asked him where the soup is, and he points to the stock. I ask whether he plans on making that into a soup and he gets mad at me for not thanking him for going to the store and getting stuff. I am livid. I am loving hungry and I'm pregnant and I'm sick. I can't even look at him, I'm so mad. He's currently pouting in the bedroom because I'm "ungrateful."

I can't do this. I'm exhausted. I need help. How do I get what I need?

tl;dr: Pregnant with flu. Can't keep anything down and extremely weak. Husband isn't making an effort caring for me and keeping me fed. He's mad at me that I'm ungrateful for what he has given me. How do I get what I need?
Edit: Some context may be needed. Pleases and thank you's are always used in our family. Also, he is currently in between jobs. There is nothing else that is pressing. Literally nothing else.
Edit 2: Please don't vilify my husband. People don't fall into "all bad" and "all good" categories. There are plenty of things he does do right. There is a mountain of evidence that he is a kind and caring person outside of this particular week. Help me help him give me what I need. What do I need to say (pleases, thankyous and kindness has been used. I have not been militant and demanding.)

How fat is her husband to eat a third of a loaf of bread like 5 minutes.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Lonely Virgil posted:

I'm [32F] pregnant and sick and I feel like my husband [28M] isn't taking care of me. He feels like I'm ungrateful.

How fat is her husband to eat a third of a loaf of bread like 5 minutes.

I'm imagining what will happen when the kid gets sick and dad has to care for them and now I'm so sad :smith: I hope he figures out what empathy is and acquires that poo poo.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
please don't villify my husband in this post in which i explicitly pointed out he's a piece of poo poo

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Fat unemployed husband can't figure out the difference between stock and actual soup, but he's got lots of great qualities I assure you

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

zakharov posted:

My favorite NFL name is D'Brickashaw. Come at me, bitch.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I dunno that super reads to me as an incredibly one sided story. I can't imagine being super sick and going out to the market for a single item on the grocery list instead of eating w/e was around much less being incredibly sick and pregnant and doing it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wife shouldve spent Xmas in the hospital on IV fluids instead of putting up with her manchild husband. My mom on two separate occasions got food poisoning so bad she had to spend a night in the hospital. No way is she going to soldier her way through Xmas eve while being that miserable.

Husband probably whines like a bitch when he gets so much as a sniffle too.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I wrote a short essay with perfect grammar and spelling while allegedly having a dangerously high fever, please post about how amazing of a person I am and how bad my SO is

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Subjunctive posted:

Isn't that a long-standing abbreviation for Charles?

Charles sounds like the baby should be dressed up like the monopoly man or something. Just pops out with a suit, monocle and mustache

quote:

My[27,F] childhood bully [27,M] got hired at my workplace!!
I was a loner growing up, I had a couple friends but not a lot, and I had no brothers and sisters to protect me. I guess you can say I was a nerd but I liked being nerdy, that was until Jimmy Gibbleson. A freakishly tall jock who was pretty cruel to me through most of middle/high school just because I refused to put his name on OUR project that HE did none of. After that, he would push me around, call me names, he wasn't cruel enough to beat up a girl though, so once he found out I had a crush on this one guy (my first and ONLY high school crush) him and his basketball buddies beat him up and threw him in a trash can. Jimmy told him that it was from me, and I went through high school with no boyfriend or even attention from guys because they were scared. We graduated I moved away to go to college, he went to some local junior college to play basketball, its over it's done with. Nope! A couple weeks ago, my boss,[37,F] introduces me to the new landscape architect "Jimmy" and it is him. He looks the same just with more hair, he asks me what's my name and I tell him my FULL name and he has the nerve to say "nice to meet you" like he doesn't already know me! Everyday since he has gotten here, he's been talking to me, making jokes with me like he just met me, and didn't terrorize me in HS, it makes me sick to my stomach. I try to tell my boss about this, but she's too busy throwing herself at him that she can't even think straight, she drops everything when he calls, and SHE is the boss!! I'm just over him pretending like he doesn't know me, yesterday he asked me what I wanted from Starbucks and I said "nothing" and he said "come on, it's on me" and I just wanted to say "cut the BS ***hole you know who I am, and I know who you are, we don't like each-other" but I calmly ordered my iced hazelnut macchiato like a lady. Is it me?? Am I going crazy?? It's only been 9 years, I know he remembers me. Do anybody agree that he is just trying to play games with me?? Or should I just let it go??
tl;dr: The guy who terrorized me for 5 years now works with me

Help, my highschool fears still rule my every waking moment as an adult! Also this was written as one huge block of text like that.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Nuebot posted:

he wasn't cruel enough to beat up a girl though, so once he found out I had a crush on this one guy (my first and ONLY high school crush) him and his basketball buddies beat him up and threw him in a trash can.

yesterday he asked me what I wanted from Starbucks and I said "nothing" and he said "come on, it's on me" and I just wanted to say "cut the BS ***hole you know who I am, and I know who you are, we don't like each-other" but I calmly ordered my iced hazelnut macchiato like a lady.

lmao

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the sad thing is that what was and still is traumatic for this woman is something that the guy has forgotten, he probably doesn't remember her!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

zakharov posted:

Like Zebulon?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

Help, my highschool fears still rule my every waking moment as an adult! Also this was written as one huge block of text like that.

Right? it's like all these losers who can't get over being raped. I mean, you were a kid, move on already!

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cumslut1895 posted:

Right? it's like all these losers who can't get over being raped. I mean, you were a kid, move on already!
are you like trying to take FAROOQ's gimmick or something

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Charles sounds like the baby should be dressed up like the monopoly man or something. Just pops out with a suit, monocle and mustache

The story where they wound up hooking up was better. Were there any updates to that?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

LOL your avatar is perfect for that given stephen fry's quotes about victims and pity hhaha

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I had to look up landscape architect because I thought it might just be a fancy title for lawnmower or something. I guess it's a real thing, and according to the BLS statistics for it there are like 23,000 of them. That girl has the worst luck in the world, but I guess she could avoid him forever if she can find a job in literally every other place that doesn't hire his tiny specialty.

Also, yeah, that guy doesn't have any idea who she is

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax posted:

LOL your avatar is perfect for that given stephen fry's quotes about victims and pity hhaha

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/11/28/inside_the_bullied_brain/?page=full

“A new wave of research into bullying’s effects, however, is now suggesting something more than that — that in fact, bullying can leave an indelible imprint on a teen’s brain at a time when it is still growing and developing. Being ostracized by one’s peers, it seems, can throw adolescent hormones even further out of whack, lead to reduced connectivity in the brain, and even sabotage the growth of new neurons.

These neurological scars, it turns out, closely resemble those borne by children who are physically and sexually abused in early childhood. Neuroscientists now know that the human brain continues to grow and change long after the first few years of life. By revealing the internal physiological damage that bullying can do, researchers are recasting it not as merely an unfortunate rite of passage but as a serious form of childhood trauma."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cumslut1895 posted:

He didn't rape her though, he prevented her having sex in high school. He's equivalent to poor hygiene for goons in high school.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

He didn't rape her though, he prevented her having sex in high school. He's equivalent to poor hygiene for goons in high school.

And since all piv is rape, the dude is actually a hero.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/11/28/inside_the_bullied_brain/?page=full

“A new wave of research into bullying’s effects, however, is now suggesting something more than that — that in fact, bullying can leave an indelible imprint on a teen’s brain at a time when it is still growing and developing. Being ostracized by one’s peers, it seems, can throw adolescent hormones even further out of whack, lead to reduced connectivity in the brain, and even sabotage the growth of new neurons.

These neurological scars, it turns out, closely resemble those borne by children who are physically and sexually abused in early childhood. Neuroscientists now know that the human brain continues to grow and change long after the first few years of life. By revealing the internal physiological damage that bullying can do, researchers are recasting it not as merely an unfortunate rite of passage but as a serious form of childhood trauma."

"Stephen Fry has caused a social media debate after he said in a US interview that victims of rape should "grow up" and not feel sorry for themselves."

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/ls-celebrity-news/stephen-fry-tells-rape-victims-to-grow-up-20160411-go40rl.html

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax posted:

"Stephen Fry has caused a social media debate after he said in a US interview that victims of rape should "grow up" and not feel sorry for themselves."

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/ls-celebrity-news/stephen-fry-tells-rape-victims-to-grow-up-20160411-go40rl.html

he's a lovely person for a few reasons. Not my choice of avatar btw, it came with the red text

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I wish I could blame my lack of game in highschool on some nefarious person who intimidated the long line of willing hotties just jonesin for my d.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It really does suck that she was bullied, but if this guy is trying to be nice she should accept it, and when they are alone she can calmly ask him if he remembers her. There is a chance that he does, but he doesn't want to be like, "remember that time I tormented you in the past?" while at the work place. He can apologize then.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The greatest argument for stopping bullying is that it creates posters like Cumslut1895. End the menace.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Most of the comments are telling her to either be an adult and professional or to find a new job.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

DangerDongs posted:

It really does suck that she was bullied, but if this guy is trying to be nice she should accept it, and when they are alone she can calmly ask him if he remembers her. There is a chance that he does, but he doesn't want to be like, "remember that time I tormented you in the past?" while at the work place. He can apologize then.

really? if he'd raped her in highschool would she be obligated to accept his apology?

Worfus
Sep 24, 2007
I can't stop laughing at that ridiculous bullying post. Her block of text writing style, her crush getting thrown in a trash can, and her calmly ordering a macchiato like a lady. It's only been 9 years guys!

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

really? if he'd raped her in highschool would she be obligated to accept his apology?

Why are you doing this? Seriously? This is the place to make your bold stance against bullying? Like there's a place and a time, man, c'mon.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

Lol I thought GBS had moved past the "compare everything to rape to win the argument" phase.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
But what if it was rape!?!?!?!

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Lol I thought GBS had moved past the "compare everything to rape to win the argument" phase.

in my defence, the motivations involved and the long term consequences are very similar.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
her rejecting his kindness is probably distressing him so much that is like she's raping him.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron posted:

her rejecting his kindness is probably distressing him so much that is like she's raping him.

read the link I posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He probably internalizing a lot of her resentment just like rape victims do