Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

baron corbin used to be bad, but is now good usually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

spongeh posted:

corbin was never good

List of good Corbins

Jeremy
Dallas
, Kentucky
The one from General Hospital

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I was going to disagree with Jeremy Corbin being good then I realised I was thinking of James Corden, who is bad. I don't know who Jeremy Corbin is.

Anyway, Baron Corbin is good.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

tnimark posted:

I was going to disagree with Jeremy Corbin being good then I realised I was thinking of James Corden, who is bad. I don't know who Jeremy Corbin is.

Anyway, Baron Corbin is good.

he means Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the U.K. Labour Party

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
edit: beaten

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Corbin bernsen was in Major League

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Corbin should go back to Ring of Honor.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Darrin Corbin is the best Corbin.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

List of good Corbins

Jeremy
Dallas
, Kentucky
The one from General Hospital

:smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rovert is right.

AMReese posted:

I couldn't even imagine Mick being the type of person shaking down people for money.

This is literally what he's doing by making it public.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tbh since it came out that Michael Piss Haze was telling the Hardy's to jump off ladders I could give a gently caress if Mick shot Vince in the face to get his money.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

Knows WWE needs him back on TV. Emotionally blackmailing WWE by making it public.

WWE is a massive Corporation and one less ivory back scratcher for Vince but Mick is still a con man and does like to spend his own money.

lmao yeah dude WWE is the victim here

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

rovert posted:

Knows WWE needs him back on TV. Emotionally blackmailing WWE by making it public.

WWE is a massive Corporation and one less ivory back scratcher for Vince but Mick is still a con man and does like to spend his own money.

Shut up bitch

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol @ "emotionally blackmailing" a company with your loving near-death body. gently caress off

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I hope foley succeeds emotionally blackmailing Vince "sneezing is a sign of weakness" McMahon.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

This is true , and props to Mick for knowing how you gotta deal with WWE to get what you want. Sure, he's a cheapass and has the money, but I don't see how he's in the wrong here

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wrestling itself is built around conning people out of their money, so why anybody is upset at rovert for calling Mick a pro wrestler is beyond me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thauros posted:

This is true , and props to Mick for knowing how you gotta deal with WWE to get what you want. Sure, he's a cheapass and has the money, but I don't see how he's in the wrong here

Rovert isn't really saying Mick is in the wrong. Like, Mick is absolutely conning/blackmailing the WWE by going public because he knows it will get the exact reaction he's getting from everyone here, but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad person for doing it.

He's still a stupid idiot for letting it get this far though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
trying to get benefits from your employee is not being a carny

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
strikes are basically like pro wrestling

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i unironically think mick should kill the mcmahons in cold blood

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least this will get rid of the loving Foley family. Do it Mick, sue the WWE!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 29, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The McMahon family that Mick described in his first and second book would have paid the 60 grand no questions asked and without wanting any credit. It seems that something has changed since then. Que sera sera

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

bradzilla posted:

lmao yeah dude WWE is the victim here

If this your takeaway the you are dense.

Alain Post posted:

strikes are basically like pro wrestling

Isn't what he is doing. He's looking for a once off payoff.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

rovert posted:

Isn't what he is doing. He's looking for a once off payoff.

good I hope he gets it

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

america should just have a non barbaric healthcare system imho

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

thehappyprince posted:

america should just have a non barbaric healthcare system imho

Yes but how will that make us more loving money?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

mick foley, who pulverized his hip making a Lot Of Money for wwe, should get a Small Amount Of Money from wwe to fix his pulverized hip #emotionalblackmail

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

look at this criminal, committing to the LONG CON and salivating at the thought of literal tens of thousands of dollars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKbka3IMnwE

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mick Foleys bumps where insane and nobody should abuse their body like that.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

If this your takeaway the you are dense.

:ironicat::ironicat::ironicat:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince hired Mick Foley, knowing full well what his physical condition was. Or if he didn't, that's still on him(blame it on JR or whatever, Vince was still signing off on it).
Vince then puts Mick Foley in a series of high impact matches, knowing full well that Mick's actions were going to have long term health effects.
Therefore, WWE has to pay for Mick's medical poo poo.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Isn't Vince usually pretty good about helping out people who used to wrestle for him? I remember hearing poo poo about Vince helping people out with their problems even if they didn't work for him at the time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's called risk management

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

keevo posted:

Isn't Vince usually pretty good about helping out people who used to wrestle for him? I remember hearing poo poo about Vince helping people out with their problems even if they didn't work for him at the time.

Vince has gone on record saying that the only reason he does it is for PR and that he feels no personal responsibility for the physical, mental or financial well-being of the people who made him his fortune.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

keevo posted:

Super No Vacancy posted:

that's called risk management

Giving one time payments to out of work/out of industry wrestlers to undermine their potential standing in a class action lawsuit is a pretty good strategy.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I hope in the end Vince pays for it on the condition that dr hienie performs the operstion

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE's doctors just shrugged at Mick and told him to put a Z-pack on his shattered hip.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Gonzo McFee posted:

Vince has gone on record saying that the only reason he does it is for PR and that he feels no personal responsibility for the physical, mental or financial well-being of the people who made him his fortune.

Oh welp gently caress him then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He's also pretty John Galt about how the WWE is a solo effort and he's responsible for making people stars not he other way around.