Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Motormaster and the Stunticons use the latest toy designs in this game!

Instead of the origional G1 semi-truck + trailer, Motormaster is just a big ol' semi truck. As for the Stunticons and Menasor, they're more or less the same for the most part, but Wildrider is gone, and replaced with the new recruit, Offroad, who turns into a truck, as opposed to yet another sports car. Too bad the stunticons don't get robot modes in this game, because Offroad has a sweet axe.

EDIT: Update was on the last page:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Episode 7Youtube | Polsy

New enemies added to their section!

Just as a note, I am wrong about the debut of the Stunticons, they actually came before the Combaticons and are part of the episodes that also introduced the Aerialbots. Also I don't have it done but I will get the lore for this episode screenshot and up as soon as I feel up to it.

Lastly, we won't be doing any episode next week cause the days leading up to Christmas will be a very busy one for me and I suspect all my free time will be spent catching up on sleep or trying to relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I sincerely love Menasor flipping out at the end.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I wish there was DLC that had you doing some missions as the Stunticons...

And Grimlock, because you can't replace Grimlock.

Their quest could be to find the 5th Stunticon who gets lost somewhere. Why is Grimlock helping? Well, they kinda look like Optimus Prime & Pals, that's good enough for Grimlock!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
nazi rank

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
im not wrong

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
If we're going to G1 Cybertron, does this mean we get to meet a certain one-eyed Decepticon in all his very silly purple glory?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The hilarious part about the lead-in to Menasor's second phase is that the whole lightning bolt sequence is very similar to one of Masami Obari's first robot shows, Choujuu Kishin Dancougar. The title robot is a set of 4 combiner robots who have a finisher attack that involves the robot's sword getting charged up by the team's flying battleship, and the animation is a giant bolt of energy hitting the outstretched sword.

So yeah, Menasor didn't just give a nod to Obari's work with the sword pose at the end. The whole power-up sequence was a giant reference.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

AradoBalanga posted:

The hilarious part about the lead-in to Menasor's second phase is that the whole lightning bolt sequence is very similar to one of Masami Obari's first robot shows, Choujuu Kishin Dancougar. The title robot is a set of 4 combiner robots who have a finisher attack that involves the robot's sword getting charged up by the team's flying battleship, and the animation is a giant bolt of energy hitting the outstretched sword.

So yeah, Menasor didn't just give a nod to Obari's work with the sword pose at the end. The whole power-up sequence was a giant reference.

Has it been said yet that this entire game is a love letter to anything fighting robots? Because it is a love letter to anything fighting robots.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Loxbourne posted:

If we're going to G1 Cybertron, does this mean we get to meet a certain one-eyed Decepticon in all his very silly purple glory?

The fight consists of him ineffectually shooting everywhere except where you actually are while you pound him into submission.

Edit:Also,as bad as Miko is,she's no Shia LaBouf. Christ,I wanted someone to blast that whiny oval office into the stratosphere. Then there's the kids from any Unicron Trilogy show,but especially Kicker. Then there's Russel from RiD. My point is,Miko gets more poo poo than she deserves. Maybe.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 16, 2016

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
The biggest problem with the Unicron trilogy is that they all suffered from terribad writing and no consistency. The same character might be called different names, several times, sometimes in the same episode. As I understand it, even the original japanese versions weren't much better.

I rather like the Transformers: Cybertron series, (Galaxy Force in Japan), however my biggest complaint about the english dub was that no one could shut up. Any time there was a quiet moment in the japanese version, like some transformation sequences or other dramatic moment, the English dub had characters talking over it. Admittedly sometimes it could be rather funny, like in a stock launch sequence from their base Optimus was musing that they really should put some windows in the launch elevator, but for the most part it just got really annoying, especially during some epic moments.

Starscream had some epic moments in Galaxy Force, such as when he decided to steal the galaxy map and literally took on every Autobot in the area. He was damaged enough to go offline for a minute, but in the end won through sheer willpower and tactics.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rabidredneck posted:

Starscream had some epic moments in Galaxy Force, such as when he decided to steal the galaxy map and literally took on every Autobot in the area. He was damaged enough to go offline for a minute, but in the end won through sheer willpower and tactics.

So what you're telling me is Galaxy Force is the worst Transformers.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rabidredneck posted:

The biggest problem with the Unicron trilogy is that they all suffered from terribad writing and no consistency. The same character might be called different names, several times, sometimes in the same episode. As I understand it, even the original japanese versions weren't much better.
Oh good lord, I remember how bad the inconsistent naming was in those shows. IIRC, Armada had an episode where Jetfire and Optimus used their combiner form and Optimus loudly proclaims the new form "Jet Convoy", something he hadn't done before on top of referring to his Japanese name. And then Smokescreen's revived form could not settle on the new name (Liftor, I think?) and his original name of Smokescreen. Speaking of Armada, it also had those annoying bullies that got roped in with the kids (Billy and...Fred, I think) that were just plain wastes of run time and animation budget. Probably the best scene with them is their first sortie with the Autobots after joining up, wherein Optimus just casually dumps the pair on the shoulder of a congested highway in the most polite manner possible in order to engage in combat himself. Completely laughed my rear end off at that scene.

E: Also, Optimus couldn't decide if his Minicon partner was named Sparkplug or Leader-1, aka, Megatron's Minicon partner.

AradoBalanga fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 16, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Orv posted:

So what you're telling me is Galaxy Force is the worst Transformers.

The Unicron Trilogy was oddly fixated on making Starscream "badass",AKA the antithesis of Starscream. I think Armada's the guiltiest entry-they made Starscream tragic,honorable,and sympathetic. In other words, Dinobot. Like,he gets a big dramatic death scene where he dies heroically and everyone mourns him. Then there's the Alexis crap. The fandom latched onto that like a parasite. Almost as bad as the June+Optimus stuff.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Kill all Transformers fans.

Or anyone who likes anything with more than a mild appreciation, really, if the internet has taught me anything.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Orv posted:

Or anyone who likes anything with more than a mild appreciation, really, if the internet has taught me anything.

You seem awfully enthusiastic about murder. Almost like some kind of... murder fan.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

VolticSurge posted:

The Unicron Trilogy was oddly fixated on making Starscream "badass",AKA the antithesis of Starscream. I think Armada's the guiltiest entry-they made Starscream tragic,honorable,and sympathetic. In other words, Dinobot. Like,he gets a big dramatic death scene where he dies heroically and everyone mourns him. Then there's the Alexis crap. The fandom latched onto that like a parasite. Almost as bad as the June+Optimus stuff.

And that was the second time he died that season. The first time the mini-transformers pulled the ability to resurrect people out of their rear end to save the day. For some reason, coming back to life changed their color layouts. This has no explanation or effect other than to cause Megatron to insist people now call him Galvatron. I assume there were new toys to sell.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The second series Energon revived Starscream and he literally became Megatron's fanatically loyal and tough second in command and was respected and trusted by Megatron above all others. (Shockwave called Shockblast for some reason took his place as the treacherous one)

The final Cybertron had Starscream go back to his roots. Being treacherous and self serving above all. But at the same time they made him kind of badass and he eventually got a upgrade midseason that made him overall the strongest transformer in the show (not counting gods). And he more or less got his own third fraction. He also fought Primus himself twice. He lost both times, but that the fact that he did this and survived both times is impressive.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

You seem awfully enthusiastic about murder. Almost like some kind of... murder fan.

HELO FREND

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Soundwave Superior. Starscream Inferior. :colbert:

chiasaur11 posted:

Coolguy + Eldar = :tizzy:

Orv just learned from the best.

Edit: efb

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

thiswayliesmadness posted:

This has no explanation or effect other than to cause Megatron to insist people now call him Galvatron. I assume there were new toys to sell.

There are always new toys to sell. In this case, though, yes, they are specifically given new colors for that reason, and Megatron changes his name to and from Galvatron in each of those series for that same reason. As an added little joke, Starscream's new color scheme was being sold as the separate character Thundercracker, which they had Starscream point out by yelling "I look like Thundercracker!"

MonsterEnvy posted:

The second series Energon revived Starscream and he literally became Megatron's fanatically loyal and tough second in command and was respected and trusted by Megatron above all others. (Shockwave called Shockblast for some reason took his place as the treacherous one)

Shockblast was called that because, for a significant period of time, Hasbro lost the trademark on the name Shockwave. Names with "Blast" in them around that time were typically used as replacement filler names. As soon as Shockwave's name was available again however, they passed it through legal and slapped it on the next Minicon in production to secure it again. Thus, we got this dude.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

chiasaur11 posted:

He's a murderologist. See the avatar and title.

Orv
May 4, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

Soundwave Superior. Starscream Inferior. :colbert:

Coolguy + Eldar = :tizzy:

Orv just learned from the best.

Edit: efb

Please, I was angry about poo poo before Coolguy was born.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Bumblebee is really growing on me in this game.

"I did not see that coming." :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Orv posted:

brb writing June/Optimus fic (seriously though, how does THAT work?)

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Shei-kun posted:

Bumblebee is really growing on me in this game.

"I did not see that coming." :allears:

Bumblebee is my personal favourite character in this game partially because of lines like that but mostly because his combat style is so slippery and fun.

CommissarMega posted:

Something something Headmasters.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I thought this was going to be a Grimlock only run from now on.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

White Coke posted:

I thought this was going to be a Grimlock only run from now on.

You misunderstood. I'm doing things the way Grimlock would. Completely ignoring everyone else and just doing what I want regardless.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

You don't wanna know. Trust me. This one dude named 'Prander" on Fanfiction.net has you covered.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

You misunderstood. I'm doing things the way Grimlock would. Completely ignoring everyone else and just doing what I want regardless.

I always though you were going to be grim locked to one character

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Like many awesome robots, Optimus is full of useful devices.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

VolticSurge posted:

You don't wanna know. Trust me. This one dude named 'Prander" on Fanfiction.net has you covered.

Just Googled this guy, and drat :stare: I thought FF.net didn't allow explicit stuff, though?

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Something something Headmasters.

Just Googled this too, and I'm all :allears: over how crazy this franchise can get.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

Just Googled this guy, and drat :stare: I thought FF.net didn't allow explicit stuff, though?

Yeah,I'm just as confused too. Either the guy's work exploits some kinda loophole in the rules, or no one cares enough to report him. But yeah,Arcee Ascendant is...special,to say the least. Like the whole "Miko turns into an edgelord villain because reasons " thing. And the whole "villain Miko's some kinda criminal mastermind because reasons" thing. Basically,don't read the entire thing (all 100+ chapters of it), or you'll go mad.

Edit: On a more positive note, Menasor's boss theme is pretty sweet.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 17, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Even regular Motormaster gets a really good tune, really, everyone gets something awesome to listen to. But my favorite by far is definitely gonna be in the next episode.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 8 - Youtube | Polsy

New characters and lore added to their respective sections

Hope you all had a nice Christmas! Now we're off on a New Year holiday to a ruined mechanical world laid waste to by millennia of ceaseless combat!

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
One thing I always liked about the Beast Wars show was that as dangerous as Megatron was, he still had a few eccentricities..

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rubber_Ducky

Megatron is awfully fond of the Rubber Ducky; it is one of his closest allies and associates. Though it seems to lack any combat capabilities, Megatron often confers with it on unknown but presumably important matters.

It is cute and yellow and chubby.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I think that's the most competent G1 (Cartoon) Shockwave's ever been. But who taught him how to do the Jojo poses? Starscream?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Please tell me that transition 11 minutes in was in-game and not something you added. I let out a bit of a squeal when it happened.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

you assuming either one of us are good enough with video editing to slice that in is pretty flattering

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Please tell me that transition 11 minutes in was in-game and not something you added. I let out a bit of a squeal when it happened.

It's in game, and pretty awesome when you see it the first time. Though I admit I ganked it for earlier when I redid that Megatron fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Fun fact, the Shockwave duplicates are probably related to "Shackwave", the fandom term for the grey repaint of his original "4 Changeable Astro Magnum" mold, sold in Radio Shacks as "Galactic Man", among other reuses of his mold in other lines. Toy rights were weird back then, since the first lines of Transformer toys were all reuses and reworks of existing toys from various lines, and Shockwave's was one that was more open for usage elsewhere.

So far as I can tell, being able to create duplicates isn't one of Shockwave's powers in any continuity other than Devastation itself, but it may be related to all these "knock-off" Shockwaves that were around at the same time.

• Locked thread