Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there going to be a new banner this week? I think it should have been announced by now. I'm still holding on to these tickets waiting to see if I should try for Noctis some more or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well Noctis ends on the 29th, so I assume they'll drop something on the 31st as a surprise/gently caress you.

It seems competition for the Raid has actually dropped a lot now that everyone has gotten their moogle. I'm under 4000 now at 13000 points. I think if more and more people end up dropping it for TM farming and doing the story then I could make it to sub 1000, maybe even sub 100. Heck I just jumped 400 ranks in two goes.
And while this probably sucks for efficiency, I think I've gotten 3 rank ups from this so far.

Go RV! posted:

I could have sworn that he was a woman. That would have made him a little more interesting than generic "smug supposed ladies man", at least

That sprite totally looks like it had tits :colbert:

Also his proportions are out of whack compared to the others unless he's really tall and lanky.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, I'm straddling the 1100-1200 line after falling back to 5k just before Christmas, so activity in the Raid has sure fallen off. If it could keep this way until the end, then I wouldn't mind a free prize category rank up.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Dropped four tickets today, got my first Mercedes and WoL. Sure, I'll take it! Now BE just needs three more pirate captains for a full party.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

The "To be continued...?" makes no god drat sense considering it is literally continued right then. Like, it's basically a loading screen pause. I know this is a free mobile game, but god drat that is stupid.

End rant about a freemium gatcha games story.

At this point I feel really burned out. I barely care enough to do the arena once daily; just trying to get the trust moogle from the raid, and it all feels like the same clicks constantly. I have a good team considering I can always wipe frosty in a maximum of 3 turns, and haven't run into any content I can't clear but it just feels like a treadmill. At this point, I've stored 20k lapis and 67 tickets for Orlandu + whatever we get between now and his banner, and if I don't pull him on my ~50% chance, I'm probably done with this game. I like record keeper a lot more, and it feels much more 'fair' of a game when it comes to premium currency.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh hey, Nyx's abilities look beautiful:

quote:

Auto-Refresh
Dual-Wield
200% ST 8 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Fire Resist
400% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & 5 Turn Add Fire to Attacks
200% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -45% MAG/SPR Debuff
200% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -45% ATK/DEF Debuff

Don't worry about the noise, it's just WoL crying to himself in a corner.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Okay let's get this story mode done... wait, what is this? ....One Punch Man has 5 OVAs???!!.... later nerds

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I started lapis refreshing TMRs and it's nice to actually see progress at a decent clip. I'm going to finish my Excalibur and have no one to equip it on.

edit- spelling

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 28, 2016

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Romandan Pistol done, time to start on a second Viking Axe, for now at least. I'm thinking of just putting all my Inguses (8) in a blender until 4 Letters and Arms pop out for Exdeath.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Depends how far away of course. OK beats Orlandu even if both were to be the first pulls a completely new F2P account made.

It's a good time and onion knight is hella broken

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Been meaning to ask, whats Gallean Tins for?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Shoenin posted:

Been meaning to ask, whats Gallean Tins for?

Sell for gill unless you're like all the spergs on Reddit that are hanging on to it "just in case."

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AegisP posted:

Oh hey, Nyx's abilities look beautiful:

Don't worry about the noise, it's just WoL crying to himself in a corner.

Nyx isnt a tank and WoL has the same ratio of breaks as nyx excepts his are aoes.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mischalaniouse posted:

Romandan Pistol done, time to start on a second Viking Axe, for now at least. I'm thinking of just putting all my Inguses (8) in a blender until 4 Letters and Arms pop out for Exdeath.

I'm up to 2 on one of my ExBros and it's pretty rocking. He's not at Vax level but he will be one day.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Cartoon Man posted:

Sell for gill unless you're like all the spergs on Reddit that are hanging on to it "just in case."

I'm not hurting for gil or item slots right now, so I figure I'll hold onto them until I need one/both. I truly doubt they'll be used for anything, but no sense in liquidating them before I have to.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Waiting for 1.50 opponents in arena blows.

edit: Arena blows.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 28, 2016

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
I was thinking of skipping the daily pull today because this is not a good banner and I already have Santa Roselia, but went for it anyway since we have the summon a unit quest today (yeah, I know arena and FP summons count, too). Welp, turns out a rainbow crystal descends and who should pop out but White Knight Noel!

On the one hand, I'm glad it wasn't a troll and according to the wiki Noel is a very good tank, so I'm not at all unhappy. On the other hand, of course I get the banner 5* from here instead of Noctis's banner (or Orlandu's I bet).

Super glad we're getting the dunes this weekend, though, since my stockpile of cactuars weren't even enough to max out Chizuru, let alone this guy. Plus I still want to level Santa Roselia and the WoL I pulled a while back.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Waiting for 1.50 opponents in arena blows.

edit: Arena blows.

yeah. Luneth/Lightning is already pretty lame to fight, and they're pretty much everywhere.

Fighting Noctis is dildos.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

yeah. Luneth/Lightning is already pretty lame to fight, and they're pretty much everywhere.

Fighting Noctis is dildos.

It's just a never-ending ocean of Noctipuses at this point.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
do you have golem staff? slap it on someone with dw aoe attack and victory is yours

usually

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I can 1-turn pretty much every non-Cecil/Refia with the DC ban using a 4x Wicked Light chain (and easily 1-turn everyone when Gumi doesn't feel like making GBS threads on Mages for the 4th consecutive week). It's just the turn 1 move 1 RNG into a flask that's infuriating. I guess it's no different than being hit by 4 AoEs on turn 1 move 1 but, yea, pain in the dick.

e: Arena losses put me on tilt for no good reason. I guess I just need to get over it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Did a half, got Santa Roselia. Should I keep Lenna as my Healer, or swap her out for Santa Roselia?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
All these high level lightnings and noctipuses make me glad I just beat up on jobbers with very low ratio. I'm not too worried about getting a top 10,000-ish rank.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
No TMRs yet, about to get Dual Wield, Mag +30% and an omnirod. I got lucky, so I have a Gilgamesh and a Noctis. Who gets the DW? Do flasks go twice with dual wield, or just his strictly physical attacks? Greg is really strong, and having two kinds of swords makes his passive even better. I am unsure! I also have 6* chiz, but she is on the sidelines for now because dual meteors outdamage at the moment.

EDIT: My Exdeath is getting the Mag +30% and Omnirod, and is the one dropping the meteors, if it wasn't obvious.

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 29, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah, dual wield makes Noctis's flasks go off twice. Tough choice between him and Gilgamesh for the DW, but the utility of the flasks would have me choosing Noctis first

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Do you folks drop LB pots on the closest you have to a permanently in all groups character, or are there ones that get so remarkably better than anybody else that they deserve it better?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Goon concensus is Cecil then Exdeath.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

Do you folks drop LB pots on the closest you have to a permanently in all groups character, or are there ones that get so remarkably better than anybody else that they deserve it better?

For me its characters Im going to use for a while, and in the near future. My mag pots were going to exdeath and all my HP and def pots were going to the refia in my party, but instead of dracwell, i was putting atk pots on firion in anticipation for his awakening, though now they're going to lightning atm. in addition now that refia is maxed im putting hp and def pots on WoL since ill replace cecil with him when his awakening comes around (and the current content hasn't necessarily required me using it on Cecil. )

edit: oh limit break pots. I just look at what uses the limit breaks have and typically use them on characters with buffs/debuffs, as limit breaks arent that useful for damage.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 29, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Kheldarn posted:

Even worse, the fastest way to max Cecil's LB is to start with a 3 star Cecil and max his LB before you awaken him. Otherwise it takes a million more pots.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Kheldarn posted:

Noel's LB looks good for pots (Def/Mag boost), but starting at 5* base suuuucks for building LB

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I finally got a Zidane, even better was it was on the same day I got the daily trust moogles needed to shoot him from zero to full. Time to get on the pain train :getin:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If Noct wasn't such a slow LB grinder he'd been given some pots for that one. I want DW. First day of FFBE I spied CoD as a companion unit and lost it right there, long been a fan of FF3JP, it's one of my faves in the series. Took until I spent my most recent ticket to get her, oh my gil budget.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Actually, follow up to my last question: what's a good setup for my main group? What I've got to work with:

6*
Exdeath, Chizuru, Gilgamesh, Noctis, Cecil, COD, Refia
Notable 5*s
WoL, Arc, Ramza, Snow I Guess

Right now I am rolling Exdeath, Gilgamesh, CoD, Refia and WoL for the event. CoD mostly because omni-veil. I've been thinking about Exdeath, Noctis, Arc, Cecil and maybe WoL for Full Break? Maybe give him an elemental weapon so he can bladeblitz into chains when he's not breaking? But that seems like a waste of having a Gilgamesh. Especially for when I get his genji glove TMR'd up.

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 29, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

Even worse, the fastest way to max Cecil's LB is to start with a 3 star Cecil and max his LB before you awaken him. Otherwise it takes a million more pots.

well it still takes a million pots because his 6* lb max level is like 15. but it was way easier to get 7 levels on him as a 3*. i still dump some pots in to 6* cecil and i think i've gotten him like one and a half levels because the amount of exp it takes now is absurd

edit: ^ with that roster how are you even asking that question. any team you make that is gilgamesh/noctis/refia/literally anything is fine

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

LizardBeam posted:

Actually, follow up to my last question: what's a good setup for my main group? What I've got to work with:

6*
Exdeath, Chizuru, Gilgamesh, Noctis, Cecil, COD, Refia
Notable 5*s
WoL, Arc, Ramza, Snow I Guess

Right now I am rolling Exdeath, Gilgamesh, CoD, Refia and WoL for the event. CoD mostly because omni-veil. I've been thinking about Exdeath, Noctis, Arc, Cecil and maybe WoL for Full Break? Maybe give him an elemental weapon so he can bladeblitz into chains when he's not breaking? But that seems like a waste of having a Gilgamesh. Especially for when I get his genji glove TMR'd up.

Noctis more or less replaces WoL's breaks for now. I'd run Chiz/Gilgamesh/Noctis/Cecil/Refia and bring in a Chiz friend to create a gnarly chain to cap with your Noctis and Gilgamesh. Your units are so strong, I don't know why you're messing around with Omni Veil and stuff. If you have decent TMRs, you should be able to 1-round the event.

edit: Here's a dude doing ELT with a chain team (no 5* bases), 1 turn kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nC-f_qtRjM

He can completely drop the Edgars if he had a 2nd Chiz. Chiz is the new Edgar.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 29, 2016

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Last minute roll before the banner goes away yields a Noctis! Finally a second base 5*!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

finally, after all of this time, a second one!

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Noctis more or less replaces WoL's breaks for now. I'd run Chiz/Gilgamesh/Noctis/Cecil/Refia and bring in a Chiz friend to create a gnarly chain to cap with your Noctis and Gilgamesh. Your units are so strong, I don't know why you're messing around with Omni Veil and stuff. If you have decent TMRs, you should be able to 1-round the event.

edit: Here's a dude doing ELT with a chain team (no 5* bases), 1 turn kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nC-f_qtRjM

He can completely drop the Edgars if he had a 2nd Chiz. Chiz is the new Edgar.

No TMRs yet, although I will probably get my Dual Wield done by the end of the night. So that's part of why. Also they're not all max level yet, although most of them are very close. Going to top them all off during cactuar dunes this weekend, hopefully.

EDIT: Also, I started during the event with Chiriwhatever, that really good fire katana, and did not manage to get it. So there's that.

LizardBeam fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 29, 2016

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Your team is insane. You're going to just blow poo poo up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Just going to post Discord chat:

Mrit - Today at 10:14 PM
i have 19 tickets, how many should i use on noctis's banner before it disappears(the correct answer is 0 but still)
Niton - Today at 10:15 PM
Mrit - Today at 10:15 PM
boo
i think i will pull twice. i will likely get garbage, but whatever
blue...
charlotte
and duane, lol
no thanks, noctis's banner sucks
Dana - Today at 10:18 PM
you just didn't pull enough
Mrit - Today at 10:18 PM
HOLY CRAP