Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Only $20, too. Wall-E might need a lil bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Anora posted:

Just saw Jang's review of the robo explorer, looks like a mixel with a light brick. I need those Light Bricks.

Bought Robo explorer today actually. Fun build, super cool looking, only $20 with a light brick, and that light blue is so drat cool.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Kids don't give a poo poo about raging against the patriarchy or whatever else their parents are posting memes about to Facebook all day. Jessica wants the goddamned pink and purple bricks in the girls aisle because that's what Katie at school has, and it will be a cold day in HELL before Jessica lets that pigtailed BITCH have a bigger, badder Friends city than she does.

Do you think Jessica is loving with you, mom and dad? Jessica is not loving with you. This is fuckin' war, an arms race with studs on top, and may the inclusive, non-denominational entity of your choice have mercy on the parents who deny Jessica satisfaction in the name of making some "woke" statement or whatever bullshit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shut up

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Guys, it's done, and it's glorious.

Pictures do not do this thing justice on just how big it is!

Full gallery of pics

http://imgur.com/a/EgoUo

Total time to build was about 12 hours. Build quality is excellent. 0 missing pieces and quite a few extras, although I think a lot of my extra pieces are to build a little stand for the big sticker that has all the info about the car on it, not sure if that was an official thing or not. I'll be ordering the green one next here in a few days.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I see the odd man out. :colbert:

Every town needs an English Pub...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wow where did Robo Explorer come from? So cool! And what's this electric brick? Esplain?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Light up bricks show up in various sets. They are in most of the winter village sets and I think in a bunch of friends, too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's a new creator set for 2017.. not a huge one, but it's cute.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Robo-Explorer-31062

I just like that Lego is cranking out the azure colors like mad. I want like 5 copies of the vw bug to pad out my dark azure collection.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Neat! Is this in stores already??

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Four more of the Batman sets:

http://www.brickfinder.net/2016/12/29/lego-batman-movie-summer-2017-sets-first-look/

Bane car. Harley car. Two Face bulldozer. Scarecrow helicopter.

I think there are 3 or 4 more that we don't know yet. According to bricksets page.

E: New batwing, too:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/31831735971/in/photostream/

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 29, 2016

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The real question is what obscure villain figures are we getting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would be totally cool with a side line of coming up with vehicles for various characters, not just batman.

I want to see the Iron Man car. Probably'd have an arc reactor in the middle of the hood.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

All those villain vehicles make me think of Carmaggeddon or Twisted Metal.

Also, some (tiny) Starwars 2017 Summer set leaks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh my god, I just saw that Killer Croc has the old lego crocodile head.

that is perfection.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

All those villain vehicles make me think of Carmaggeddon or Twisted Metal.

Also, some (tiny) Starwars 2017 Summer set leaks

Am I correct in assuming Arrowhead and Tracker 1 are either some kind of Freemakers thing or from Rebels? I almost thought Tracker was a TIE Defender for a moment.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

It's a new creator set for 2017.. not a huge one, but it's cute.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Robo-Explorer-31062

I just like that Lego is cranking out the azure colors like mad. I want like 5 copies of the vw bug to pad out my dark azure collection.

Ha, this should go well next to Wall-e I gave my GF for Christmas...

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I spent the afternoon helping my 6 year old niece build the high speed train set I gave her for christmas and now I want to get all the train sets for myself. :suicide:

(I'm also pretty sure I'm the best uncle ever.)

uXs fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 29, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Called the Lego store, the guy was under the impression that for in-store, penguins Arctic roller was exclusive to other stores and was not in the actual physical Lego store. Is this true?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It might be because it doesn't even show up in search on lego's web store but you can see it on the main lego site.

Is probably a timed exclusive.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
In the physical German catalogue I grabbed yesterday, thh only Penguin ride seemed to be the rubber duck that is part of the Attack on the Batcave set. No other set listed. Maybe it comes in summer?

Hopper fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 30, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I know people have the Arctic Roller. Do we know what stores it is/was carried in?

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Zodack posted:

Am I correct in assuming Arrowhead and Tracker 1 are either some kind of Freemakers thing or from Rebels? I almost thought Tracker was a TIE Defender for a moment.

Tracker looks like a TIE Phantom to me. I'm not up to date on Rebels so I don't know if it's been in that. Don't recognise Arrowhead at all.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

So I know people have the Arctic Roller. Do we know what stores it is/was carried in?

I got it at Target and I have heard it is an exclusive.

Also...I think I have a problem.

I found a CL listing for the batcave at a decent price. Met the guy and ended up spending $120 for that and the batmobile.

Then I went to Target...

13 more CMF and the Scuttler later. Ugh.

And for the person asking about Harley:

1 - feel the bag for the square clipboard. There are 4 figs w/ squares. The tiny square will be calculator. The other three are Harley, James and Eraser.

Eraser has no normal head piece and has a 1x1 round plate. About as small a piece as you will find. But only he and calculator have it. So if you feel it, it's not Harley.
Gordon has a walkie talkie and normal hair.
Harley has a weird head piece. It is sort of like a W or M or H. I wouldn't try to find her based on that. Barbara's hair feels similar on one side. So go for the square and then it becomes pretty obvious.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Apparently those SW sets are part of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Star_Wars:_The_Freemaker_Adventures

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man trying to find a straight answer on the Arctic Roller is frustrating: apparently you can buy at Target, but the Target site doesn't list it. Lego has no idea or listing for it. Toys "R" Us doesn't. It's impossible to get any straight information about where or how I can get the set. But apparently you can buy it if you're lucky enough to find it wherever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

Man trying to find a straight answer on the Arctic Roller is frustrating: apparently you can buy at Target, but the Target site doesn't list it. Lego has no idea or listing for it. Toys "R" Us doesn't. It's impossible to get any straight information about where or how I can get the set. But apparently you can buy it if you're lucky enough to find it wherever.

It is not supposed to be release until 1/1/17.
It seems to be a Target exclusive.
Some Targets released early.

I've seen it in 2 of 10 Targets so far.

E: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/70911_The_Penguin_Arctic_Roller

Says exclusive to Target. Just wait until Sunday. Then waltz in and grab one. It's worth the wait.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 30, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

It is not supposed to be release until 1/1/17.
It seems to be a Target exclusive.
Some Targets released early.

I've seen it in 2 of 10 Targets so far.

Ah. Yeah I guess maybe 1/1 might be the thing... just every other 1/1 Batman thing has been out for weeks.

I'll squash the search for a few more days. :)

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

mattfl posted:

Guys, it's done, and it's glorious.

Pictures do not do this thing justice on just how big it is!

Full gallery of pics

http://imgur.com/a/EgoUo

Total time to build was about 12 hours. Build quality is excellent. 0 missing pieces and quite a few extras, although I think a lot of my extra pieces are to build a little stand for the big sticker that has all the info about the car on it, not sure if that was an official thing or not. I'll be ordering the green one next here in a few days.

What color do I get?!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

Ah. Yeah I guess maybe 1/1 might be the thing... just every other 1/1 Batman thing has been out for weeks.

I'll squash the search for a few more days. :)

Some got released early. I haven't seen: Balloon Escape, Forbidden Zone, Battle Training, Scarecrow Delivery. Seen all the rest. But most Targets haven't broken street date.

Dunno if you are in the Sacramento area, but the Davis Target had everything out.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

Some got released early. I haven't seen: Balloon Escape, Forbidden Zone, Battle Training, Scarecrow Delivery. Seen all the rest. But most Targets haven't broken street date.

Dunno if you are in the Sacramento area, but the Davis Target had everything out.

Seattle. :)

Yeah I can wait. Just wanted a bunch of batman junk for a bday party on the 31st.

[Ed] bought robo explorer and the cat woman cycle and got a free batwing. No regrets...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

Seattle. :)

Yeah I can wait. Just wanted a bunch of batman junk for a bday party on the 31st.

In the Reddit tracking thread, someone mentioned Seattle.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

tactical_grace posted:

Tracker looks like a TIE Phantom to me. I'm not up to date on Rebels so I don't know if it's been in that. Don't recognise Arrowhead at all.

iirc there's some talk of Thrawn developing a superiority fighter program or something of the like in the third season, but I also haven't seen much of it since Season 1.

Or it's just Freemaker stuff, which might make more sense.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

In the Reddit tracking thread, someone mentioned Seattle.

Link to this thread? I may find it useful. :)

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Captain Duvel posted:

What color do I get?!

White! No green! No wait orange! One of each!

I'm ordering green next week :-)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Zodack posted:

iirc there's some talk of Thrawn developing a superiority fighter program or something of the like in the third season, but I also haven't seen much of it since Season 1.

Or it's just Freemaker stuff, which might make more sense.

Thrawn's design looks like a Defender. This thing looks like a Phantom or something else entirely, so I'm betting on Freemaker.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

Link to this thread? I may find it useful. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/5i3ysh/lego_batman_movie_cmf_location_thread/dbbtkna/?st=ixb3bpnj&sh=59dd0ff1

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well, there ya go! You found an early release item. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, there ya go! You found an early release item. :)

Dude. I have ALL the early release items. ;)

Just not the Arctic Roller.