Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

drat, dying in a restricted space being slowly cooked alive is a real hosed up way to go. One text really should be 'I really messed up huh'

Makes me glad to be a shutin nerd with no dangerous hobbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Booger Presley posted:

I think that was JaySB. Before his dripping millions he was known for helping goons who came to LV for good times. He would act as an informal tour guide of sorts. Whatever the gently caress happened I am happy his poker skills raked in fat coin.

Yep, that was him, glad he is an okay duder.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

:tif:

Kurtofan has a new favorite as of 15:05 on Dec 28, 2016

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

:golfclap:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Doing something dangerous because of the internet is becoming a much more common thing. That's certainly changedbsince SA began.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Or as some say, Jennifer.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

funmanguy posted:

Or as some say, Jennifer.
Did you get my texts? As you once did for the vacuous Ron, grant us nudes, grant us nudes...

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Who was the goon who was crashing on couches with other goons while he did some backpacking tour thing and it came out he assaulted someone?

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

I was going to ask for proof that he was a goon but then:

*Kind of chubby
*Improv comedian

Yeah, checks out.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

OldTennisCourt posted:

Who was the goon who was crashing on couches with other goons while he did some backpacking tour thing and it came out he assaulted someone?

Tsaven Nava? Motorcycle trip, sexually assaulted another goon, while having a different goon girlfriend. Before that, they posted a bunch of unnecessary and uncomfortable sexual poo poo in Cycle Asylum. He got blacklisted outside SA for the incident. After his first ban, he reregged and posted an E/N thread about how she led him on and then had her friend throw him out. He was a real loving creep.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Dec 29, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Heath posted:

Did you get my texts? As you once did for the vacuous Ron, grant us nudes, grant us nudes...

Lol not bad

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Whatever happened to Doobie's Dogs? That guy still in business?

Anyone remember Goon Love Is The Best Love? Didn't some goons get engaged from that, or an I miss remembering? I do remember Two Worlds being a creep

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Green Wing posted:

It worked out just the way you'd expect a place selling $6.50 gas station hot dogs in a town of 1700 people would work out.

I mean, c'mon "Polish Dog $4.75. Your choice of condiments on the table"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Green Wing posted:

Anyone remember Goon Love Is The Best Love? Didn't some goons get engaged from that, or an I miss remembering? I do remember Two Worlds being a creep

Goon Love got shut down and disappeared when someone got sexually assaulted. I wish it was back now that I'm so lonely, so very, very lonely....

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Grem posted:

Goon Love got shut down and disappeared when someone got sexually assaulted. I wish it was back now that I'm so lonely, so very, very lonely....

You can always pm me for platonic companionship my friend

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Grem posted:

I thought that was just a rumor. The sexual assault, I mean. Not your loneliness. Your loneliness is real.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Green Wing posted:

He seemingly lost interest in the hot dog business, and opened a garage in a shack next door, leaving the Dog House to his wife. Both venues languished for a while in a state of half-bakedness, then closed, supposedly because somebody bought the lots to build a parking lot, but probably because he just quit.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

NLJP posted:

drat, dying in a restricted space being slowly cooked alive is a real hosed up way to go. One text really should be 'I really messed up huh'

Makes me glad to be a shutin nerd with no dangerous hobbies.

I'm not clicking the link (because it's the Daily Mail), but if it makes you feel better that's probably not true or at least grossly misreported (because it's the Daily Mail).

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

He's opened a new doghouse lol

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

steinrokkan posted:

He seemingly lost interest in the hot dog business, and opened a garage in a shack next door, leaving the Dog House to his wife. Both venues languished for a while in a state of half-bakedness, then closed, supposedly because somebody bought the lots to build a parking lot, but probably because he just quit.

Oh god, somebody made a wiki

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

A guy who couldn't get a small business loan or a minor bank loan and had no savings or capital of his own to put into a food service business went to the internet to finance his dream and SA Goons latched on to it as the great American hope. A goon cancelled Christmas and donated almost a thousand dollars all because Noni made a sappy emotionally compelling post.

Shockingly, he didn't know what he was doing, overspent and wasted money, then turned out to be a racist dude from his facebook posts.

Meanwhile a guy who made it to the final 8 of Masterchef season 4 couldn't get enough KS money for a food truck for the very same reasons but no eloquent goon latched on to it as the hope for the future of mankind.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I won't buy a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing for me
I don't care about the presents
For my stupid family
I just want a frog dog so
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true oh
All I want for Christmas is Doob

I won't buy a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing for me
I don't care about the presents
For my stupid family
I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
I won't make my children happy
With a toy on Christmas day

I just want a frog dog so
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true oh
All I want for Christmas is Doob

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lesson: Be incredibly wary of anything goons want to bandwagon on.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Casimir Radon posted:

This. The whole Doobie thing was funny when it was just "haha, let's contribute to this amusingly sad kickstarter," and then it devolved into that guy giving away his kids' Christmas gift money and people really getting emotionally invested in the Alabama hotdog guy. More or less the same thing happened with Lazerbot, Ulililia, CAD, and the events leading to Let's Play banning Pokemon and hentai game LPs. I wish people could just enjoy a good trainwreck without turning into creepy failure groupies.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Casimir Radon posted:

:colbert: unless its a dump truck

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

This. The whole Doobie thing was funny when it was just "haha, let's contribute to this amusingly sad kickstarter," and then it devolved into that guy giving away his kids' Christmas gift money and people really getting emotionally invested in the Alabama hotdog guy. More or less the same thing happened with Lazerbot, Ulililia, CAD, and the events leading to Let's Play banning Pokemon and hentai game LPs. I wish people could just enjoy a good trainwreck without turning into creepy failure groupies.

I just learned the other day that there is an entire forum and wiki dedicated to Chris-Chan. And not one of those lame tiny Wikias, these articles are extremely detailed and well-sourced. I mean, if you spend your life making fun of a no-life autist, what does that make you?

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Casimir Radon posted:

The most shameful moment of these forums in my opinion will always be the time GBS crowdfunded a video of brazillian sex workers stretching their anuses enough to use eachothers asses as toilets. This was such a proud moment that they also had the film crew include a shitload (no pun intended) of GBS catchphrases. For some reason Metis wasn't banned for being a shitstain of a human, rather cheered on by posters and mods until he made the unforgiveable crime of "not delivering on time". I haven't seen the video itself, just screenshots, but it ended up being released. Funding a hot dog cart is nothing compared to literally being the fascists from Pasolini's 120 days of sodom.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Yeah, the cult of Chris-chan was the first example I thought of, but I couldn't remember if people on SA had anything to do with that or not.

Edit: Gorgeous George was a Chris-chan-like scenario where SA's obsession with him and his obsession with SA just kept on feeding each other, and in the end it all was just too sad and shameful to find the humor in it anymore.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 12:59 on Dec 29, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rollersnake posted:

Yeah, the cult of Chris-chan was the first example I thought of, but I couldn't remember if people on SA had anything to do with that or not.

I'll admit that I've lost a couple hours (in total) reading up on Chris Chan, but the last time I did it, after about 30 minutes, I just kind of snapped out of it, and thought "what the gently caress am I doing?" :negative:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I have read everything on chris-chan. I have spent hours and hours. Why not? It's no more pointless than reading harry potter or something. Also it's nonfiction, so it's good for you.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

theres a will theres moe posted:

I have read everything on chris-chan. I have spent hours and hours. Why not? It's no more pointless than reading harry potter or something. Also it's nonfiction, so it's good for you.

Do you like floor pizza?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rollersnake posted:

It's so weird to me that there was a point in time where there were hentai Let's Plays and they weren't somehow mocked off the site and the OP banned. I'm assuming it was a situation where it started as "Oh man, look how stupid and gross this is haha!" and slowly evolved to everyone being too into it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm assuming it was a situation where it started as "Oh man, look how stupid and gross this is haha!" and slowly evolved to everyone being too into it.

Not even everyone, just... too many people. The breaking point was a thread where the LPer was obviously part of the problem. He was way too emotionally invested in a story in which "ZRR NRR NRR" was the sound that sex makes. And bad erotic writing is one of the funniest things in the world to me, so I'm still kind of sore about this.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 13:44 on Dec 29, 2016

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

there was a time when hentai games were reviewed in a frontpage series. i think sometimes the reviews even included gross screenshots

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010
so what happened to Ozma anyway? did all the crazy doxxing drive her off? I really didn't mind her too much aside from her being painfully unfunny, but that's to be expected from a mod turned admin

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The best 'lulcow' as the Chris Chan brigade like to dub the people they track every movement of was Jace Connors, because it was a member of MDE that managed to keep up a fake persona that lulled them in for about 2 years. It was pretty sad from both sides, in all honesty. What a waste of everyone's time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Look! A Horse! posted:

so what happened to Ozma anyway? did all the crazy doxxing drive her off? I really didn't mind her too much aside from her being painfully unfunny, but that's to be expected from a mod turned admin
she was deposed in the great GBS revival of 2012 when Lowtax returned to see his wasted kingdom like King Richard returning to England and deposing the Shepherd of Nottingham

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Chris-Chan is still the least lovely person in the Chris-Chan saga.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
All this urbex chat kinda reminds me of this goon who used to take photos from the top of high-voltage electrical towers:
http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/tower-climber-helmacron/1/

quote:

What you're looking at is the ground, from the top of an electrical transmission line tower. The circle is the horizon, 360 degrees of view. The scene from the centre point is capturing approximately 160 degrees of view to the outside edges on the right and left hand sides, the top and bottom have been cropped. The curling girders form the very top of the tower, where I am squatting, slowly revolving the camera around. The top left is north, the bottom right is south.

The picture consists of thirty-one individual long exposure photographs, each image taking somewhere around a minute and a half to take. Each image in this thread would have taken an hour minimum to capture (not including processing, or just how long I Google Earthed, drove around, walked into bushland, climbing and setting up my equipment). Each image has a master image that is 30,000 x 15,000 pixels, making it approximately 37 times larger than an image your camera makes. Not to gloat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Those pictures make my blood run cold. It's like a primal "nope nope nope" instinct.