Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

GundamGuy has images for a new IBO kit, the Hekija. The creamsicle-tan parts aren't great, but I like the rest of it and might get one.

Holy poo poo this might be the best IBO design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mango sentinel posted:

I'm curious to see if the head opens, myself.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It looks Zone of Enders as gently caress and that's awesome.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Funky Valentine posted:

It looks Zone of Enders as gently caress and that's awesome.

Not really, it has feet instead of spikes

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not really, it has feet instead of spikes

Plus no literal cockpit.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Got holidays drunk and ordered MG Psycho Zaku, feels good man.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Just built an Io Frame Shiden.

PSA: If you like HGs at all, get an Io Frame Shiden.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah. I didn't like the show or most of the designs but that thing is tight. If I had the paint skills it could totally be an Eldar Harlequin mecha from Warhammer 40k. It kind of screams Harlequin Clown Robot. Standards, not Solitaire or Death Jester.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

GundamGuy has images for a new IBO kit, the Hekija. The creamsicle-tan parts aren't great, but I like the rest of it and might get one.

The face, shoulders and clown feet make me think its another teiwaz unit and then weapons makes me think its another grunt. Teiwaz you just got done combat testing your newest grunt unit and you are making ANOTHER one?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The face, shoulders and clown feet make me think its another teiwaz unit and then weapons makes me think its another grunt. Teiwaz you just got done combat testing your newest grunt unit and you are making ANOTHER one?

It looks like an exact hybrid between the Teiwaz Hyakuri and the Gjallarhorn Reginlaze, with a Calamity War-era Ahab reactor. The colours suggest it might be the new ride we've been told Julietta's getting, but crossing over her bleeding-edge super-prototype with a good-but-not-amazing semi-modern suit seems like a peculiar idea.

That, of the colours are totally misleading and it's a new custom machine for Lafter. It resembles her old suit, and the great big cleaver could be a homage to the weapons used by Tekkadan's Landman Rodis.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Adel posted:

Thanks for the advice on RG kits, I'll give them a shot and keep the thread's advice in mind. The two I want are the Wing Zero EW Ver and the 00 Riser, maybe I'll feel ballsy and try decals :v:

These are the exact two I built.

00 is easy and comes out really good.

The Wing is... ok. The joints feel really loose to me, and it has a bunch of tiny parts that love falling off. I might have to go back with some glue soon.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Cao Ni Ma posted:

this one is probably for the donomikols faction

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EVGA Longoria posted:

These are the exact two I built.

00 is easy and comes out really good.

The Wing is... ok. The joints feel really loose to me, and it has a bunch of tiny parts that love falling off. I might have to go back with some glue soon.

The joints on my EW Wing have been solid and I haven't lost any kibble, so it might vary between units. It's not like the Sinanju and it's utter hatred for keeping its toes and forearm armor on, anyway.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The joints on my EW Wing have been solid and I haven't lost any kibble, so it might vary between units. It's not like the Sinanju and it's utter hatred for keeping its toes and forearm armor on, anyway.

The shoulders on mine fall off if I look at them too hard. The little weird wrist spiky-things bother me too, but that might be because one already broke.

I've got it in hand now and the joints aren't actually that flimsy. I think it was more that it had trouble holding the buster rifle up when I tried to post with that, and when I tried to have it in flight mode the rifle dipped a lot.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

You can make the rifle work, but the shoulder pads fall off constantly and the little arm spikes are dumb, and get in the way of the way cooler extra rifle ammo things

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Oh my god you can put SD parts on Bearguys

THEY'RE WEARING JAMMIES

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
oh my god i want to put the petit'gguy heads onto SD gundam bodies i need to see the reverse i need to go shopping

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Broken Loose posted:

oh my god i want to put the petit'gguy heads onto SD gundam bodies i need to see the reverse i need to go shopping

Oh my god

(it barely fit, but it did)

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I'm so happy. :allears:

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Heyo. New to the gunpla business but I desperately want this guy. The end of December Sky got me hyped on the idea of having one.

I've only found this model listed here... and it seems hella sold out :(
No dice on ebay, either. Am I dumb?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
You're not dumb. That kit is just super old (1994) and rarely reprinted. Just to give you fair warning, as much as you may like the design, getting something that old as your first Gunpla is probably not the best idea.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, starting with something that old is just gonna make you frustrated and probably make you hate gunpla more than get you into it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

rincewind101 posted:

Heyo. New to the gunpla business but I desperately want this guy. The end of December Sky got me hyped on the idea of having one.

I've only found this model listed here... and it seems hella sold out :(
No dice on ebay, either. Am I dumb?

If you want something kinda-sorta-similar and far more modern, try the SD Neo Zeong.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Woah, wait, what? 1994? I was wondering why the pictures looked terrible but I didn't realize. How often do they redo / update models?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you want something kinda-sorta-similar and far more modern, try the SD Neo Zeong.

I'll give it a peek, thanks!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

rincewind101 posted:

Woah, wait, what? 1994? I was wondering why the pictures looked terrible but I didn't realize. How often do they redo / update models?

They do updates to older models on occasion, but usually it's only for iconic Gundams or Char suits. The chances of them ever doing a new version of the Psycommu Zaku is practically non-existent.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

They do updates to older models on occasion, but usually it's only for iconic Gundams or Char suits. The chances of them ever doing a new version of the Psycommu Zaku is practically non-existent.

Isn't it gonna feature in the next season Gundam Thunderbolt? So it's not out of the question that it'll get a new kit

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isn't it gonna feature in the next season Gundam Thunderbolt? So it's not out of the question that it'll get a new kit

I don't watch Gundam so I had no idea about that.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

TaurusOxford posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq2DmkwzwmI

It does a bunch of awesome stuff in the first 45 seconds of this video!

Kind of unrelated (as I'm just kind of browsing things at the moment):
Is this reasonably priced?

edit: I am kind of confounded by the pricing on things - like why a 2 inch tall weird thing is $30.

wolfs fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 30, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

You should give it a try, it's good

rincewind101 posted:

It does a bunch of awesome stuff in the first 45 seconds of this video!

Kind of unrelated (as I'm just kind of browsing things at the moment):
Is this reasonably priced?

Yeah that's reasonable. If you want to see what a Gundam models MSRP is, go to https://hlj.com. The Z'gok's list price is 1200 yen, which about 11 dollars

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm still waiting for the thunderbolt Rick Doms and Gelgoogs

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Please, AS12, don't get me longing for a new MG (Rick) Dom. Especially not a Thunderbolt version.

I don't think I could handle the heartbreak when it eventually doesn't happen.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Aw man, the Thunderbolt OVA is so good as-is, and doesn't Thunderbolt get really stupid after a while?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rincewind101 posted:

edit: I am kind of confounded by the pricing on things - like why a 2 inch tall weird thing is $30.

That 3rd party amazon seller is always massively overpriced. If you see any listings with that FREE RANDOM CARD thing avoid them.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Any pointers on clear external armor? I got the convention exclusive clear RG 00 Raiser Trans-Am in a Secret Santa and I figure other than using Godhands and a fresh blade, my best bet is just time-taking.

I'm planning on painting up the inner frame to really show off the internals a bit.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

MJP posted:

Any pointers on clear external armor? I got the convention exclusive clear RG 00 Raiser Trans-Am in a Secret Santa and I figure other than using Godhands and a fresh blade, my best bet is just time-taking.

I'm planning on painting up the inner frame to really show off the internals a bit.

Be super careful with cutting it off the sprue. If you have weak cutters then I'd recommend cutting a safe distance away from the part, then sawing off the sprue piece with a hobby knife.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I've got a red robot problem

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

Seems to me you've got a red robot solution

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

PaintVagrant posted:

I see many kicking poses in your future. :v:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Did you accidentally order like 10 bottles of red and thought, "Hmm I could return them or....."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Red is an awesome color for mobile suits. Good choice, comrade.