Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm sure at least a couple of those pages are just artist being told "Come up with something that looks like a future Marvel event."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Like why is there even a shot of the Netflix Defenders in that "fallout in the superhero community" spread? What the hot gently caress did they have to do with anything in this event?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BrianWilly posted:

Like why is there even a shot of the Netflix Defenders in that "fallout in the superhero community" spread? What the hot gently caress did they have to do with anything in this event?

Bendis is writing it

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

BrianWilly posted:

Power Man and Iron Fist had a whole CW2 tie-in arc, and the apparent antagonist in the new JJ solo book is the lady Carol unfairly imprisoned because of Ulysses's apparently incorrect prediction. Dunno about DD

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At least the record of good events followed by incredibad ones stands unbroken.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i liked when Marvel Obama said that Yass Queen handled everything with an incredible amount of grace

that was a v funny moment, for a good comedy comic

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What is a Yass Queen?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Clawtopsy posted:

i liked when Marvel Obama said that Yass Queen handled everything with an incredible amount of grace

that was a v funny moment, for a good comedy comic

I figure that might be part of the (post-election) rewrites. Because you know Trump would back her 100%, especially if it meant he didn't have to do anything.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What is a Yass Queen?

Seconding this.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

It's from Mighty Captain Marvel's January 2017 Solicit.

quote:

The Greatest. That’s what they call her. Carol Danvers has been to the depths of outer space and back, but that still hasn’t prepared her for her newfound status of biggest super hero ever.
Yaas, Queen! Danvers may not like the crown she’s wearing, but boy does it look good on her. Just watch out for the thorns it comes with—forces trying to take down everything Carol has built.
Carol Danvers makes her triumphant return as the Mighty Captain Marvel! Written by celebrity writer Margaret Stohl (Beautiful Creatures, Black Widow: Forever Red) and drawn by the artfully talented Ramon Rosanas (Ant-Man), this bold new take on Earth’s mightiest and favorite hero!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
come on guys you're really asking what an easily googleable thing means

https://www.bustle.com/articles/91565-where-did-yas-queen-come-from-and-why-is-it-taking-over-pop-culture

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh, a Yaas Queen! Not to be confused with the understandably equivocal yet ultimately distinct Yass Queen. It's all in the finer details.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yvonmukluk posted:

I figure that might be part of the (post-election) rewrites. Because you know Trump would back her 100%, especially if it meant he didn't have to do anything.

there's no way this script wasn't done before november that's not how comics work

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So it's supposed to represent joy, and then the queen is in reference to Carol Danvers.

This seems incredibly incorrect.

EDIT: And yeah, they were either going to have it be Obama, or have it be Hillary. There's no way they decided to write it in thinking Trump.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Clawtopsy posted:

Marvel Obama

marvelobama

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

more like rear end queen >:(

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Alright, saw Bendis's interview

[quote=http://comicbook.com/2016/12/28/civil-war-ii-ending-brian-michael-bendis/
]
Also, everyone at the end gets glimpses into the future of the Marvel universe. Some things the audience knows are going to happen, some are classic and some that are brand new and have things that the audience doesn't know about that may be coming true very soon or later in the year. Not only does it kind of answer the question of Ulysses’ powers, but it also makes us as creators look like we've got our s*** together and so smart because we do have our s*** together on some level and this let us illustrate that using Ulysses’ powers.

CB.COM: The final scene with the President talking to Captain Marvel about a new position felt reminiscent of Iron Man taking over SHIELD after the first Civil War. Was that deliberate?

BMB: What I liked about Tony’s ending in Civil War was that is was a bittersweet ending, that he ascends to the highest office in this organization that his father had hands in developing, and what an honor, but he did it with blood on his hands. Would he rather have Capt back than have this title? Yes, he would. That's the definition of a bittersweet ending.

I definitely thought that these two love each other so much and in a way, Carol and Tony are tighter than Tony and Capt were, even though they're all very close. They share so much about recovery and other issues they've shared over the years that no matter who wins, and with Rhodey’s death hanging over it all, it would be a very bittersweet ending and that's really the only ending that would be honest even though it might not be the most Twilight Zone-y or exciting. It's the most honest and when you're faced with the honest answer, you've got to stay with that no matter what other, clever thing you could think of.

It's not exactly the same as the first, but it has that same bittersweet quality to it. She's not taking over SHIELD. Something else is going to happen with her. Something else is going to happen to Tony that did not happen to Cap and people have already gotten a little taste of it with some other books, because comics.

[/quote]

gently caress. You.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Dec 29, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

note: ulysses died on the way back to his home planet

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Clawtopsy posted:

note: ulysses died on the way back to his home planet

At least something good came out of the whole event then.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

And with that, Bendis takes a graceful bow and hands the reins to the future superstar architects of the Marvel Universe, Cullen Bunn and Nick Spencer. Go get 'em, boys!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

As disappointing as CWII was, a particular shame because the core conflict could be really interesting in the right hands, goddamn I do love Marquez's art

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I haven't kept up with comics for a while and I broke my streak just to read this fantastic piece of fiction.

Can anyone tell me who this is?

Edit: Oh it's probably She-Hulk, right

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 29, 2016

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Jen

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Because the problem with She-Hulk was she was too much her own character and person and not a carbon copy of Bruce. And that just wont do.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

rantmo posted:

As disappointing as CWII was, a particular shame because the core conflict could be really interesting in the right hands, goddamn I do love Marquez's art

It was really interesting in the right hands. Go read Vision.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Onmi posted:

Because the problem with She-Hulk was she was too much her own character and person and not a carbon copy of Bruce. And that just wont do.

To be fair, I think there is something interesting to be done with the idea of how a woman expressing anger is treated in society, but they did touch on that somewhat with Betty when she had her powers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Onmi posted:

Alright, saw Bendis's interview

gently caress. You.

So on the one hand he says that things like the age of ultron page are futures we've already seen in books and are just like well this could still happen

On the other he's already sort of speculating on civil war 3

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Onmi posted:

If you actually read Hulk #1 it's super clear that's not what they're doing.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

If you actually read Hulk #1 it's super clear that's not what they're doing.

Why let facts get in the way of a good poo poo post

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Yeah, I was really hesitant about Hulk #1 and how the changes to Jen's character appeared, but the first issue is really solid and I have high hopes for it now. They are doing right by her.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Wait. Is Jennifer working at the law firm from the beginning of her last series? Because they fired her and they really didn't part on the best of terms. She thoroughly burned that bridge when she broke that table.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Wait. Is Jennifer working at the law firm from the beginning of her last series? Because they fired her and they really didn't part on the best of terms. She thoroughly burned that bridge when she broke that table.

I'm pretty sure it's a new law firm.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a new law firm.

I checked again. Apparently her old firm was called Paine & Luckberg as opposed to this new firm called Ryu, Barber, Zucker & Scott.
But here she clearly thinks "Old law firm, new office. A few familiar faces." So when did she work there? The only firm of her past that I could find is Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg & Holliway.

So it's kind of a retcon? I feel a bit bad for typing that out.

But it's good to know that she didn't come back to those P&L jerks who only wanted her as a mascot and for her contacts. And it's nice that Patsy is still there for her.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 30, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Ike Perlmutter photographed at Trump event

v:geno:v

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I didn't know that Marvel was run by dril.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Not surprising that he is a completely irredeemable poo poo stain.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Not surprising that he is a completely irredeemable poo poo stain.

Well yeah he is responsible for the MCU*

*does not think the MCU is bad at all, just thought it was a funny joke

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

I checked again. Apparently her old firm was called Paine & Luckberg as opposed to this new firm called Ryu, Barber, Zucker & Scott.
But here she clearly thinks "Old law firm, new office. A few familiar faces." So when did she work there? The only firm of her past that I could find is Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg & Holliway.

So it's kind of a retcon? I feel a bit bad for typing that out.

But it's good to know that she didn't come back to those P&L jerks who only wanted her as a mascot and for her contacts. And it's nice that Patsy is still there for her.

Not necessarily, it could mean just what it says: It's an old firm (not HER old firm) with a new office, and some people she's worked with before at other firms or opposed in court work there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nilbop posted:

I've got a lot of problems with Civil War 2 (but those of you saying it's worse than Fear Itself are actually crazy - at least this looks pretty) but I'm currently sat here staring at an Esad Ribic drawing of Odinson Thor versus Loki wielding Allblack the Necrosword and it's the craziest loving thing ever.

Please refer to All-Black the Necrosword, the Slicer of Worlds, the Annihiliblade by its full name, tia.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
So, I don't really get how CW2 ended. Does it end up that Ulysses is showing all possible futures, or is he showing alternate universes? A comic this bad should not make me ask this many questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Uh actually its showing you that marvel editorial/writing staff has their poo poo together

• Locked thread