Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Flyball posted:

Debbie Reynolds pulls a Victor Wong.

Eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It rained a bit here in Melbourne today

https://twitter.com/kieranjones_9/status/814343720006991872

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

I came here to post that. drat

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

this truly encompasses schadenfreude in the most literal and complete sense of the word, excellent submission

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

A bit? It went from dry concrete to loving swimming pool in my back yard over the space of like five minutes.

Forget cars, you needed a goddamn boat to get to your car parked in the street. It did not help that it was 33+*C and 95% humidity either.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Is that the Grim Reaper waiting patiently at the top of the steps?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

It's even better with the 'Subject to Flooding' sign and the depth indicator (showing it's at 60cm).

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
How many feet is that?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Spectral Debt posted:

How many feet is that?

A couple.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Spectral Debt posted:

How many feet is that?

A little under two feet. (Divide by 2.54 in your favourite calculator.)

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spectral Debt posted:

How many feet is that?

It's 70.86 barleycorns, or 0.0029 furlongs.

Edit: I guess that 0.328 fathoms would be the most relevant unit of measure

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This is my favorite one of these, it's from New Jersey during Hurricane Irene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhkeQkat-XM

"You guys are stupid :pwn:"

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

The pan to the guy fishing at the end is absolutely amazing.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Oculus Rift executive is even a bigger douchebag than thought.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
We should pass a law that beheads VR developers who release motion controllers 2 years after system release. cockulus is a bad VR platform and the controllers are ugly and hand-specific I.E. bad.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Between this guy and Palmer Luckey it really seems like Occulus has picked up the cream of the crop of Silicon Valley assholes.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Robber says he was just joking after store clerk takes his gun, cops say

quote:

Police in Atlantic City are looking for a masked man who tried to rob a store on Monday but then claimed it was all joke when the teenage clerk managed to take his gun.

The man entered the AC Convenience Store on Ventnor Avenue at 4:15 p.m. Monday, pointed to what the clerk thought was a handgun in a bag and demanded money, police said in a news release.

The clerk grabbed what turned out to be a BB gun off the counter, prompting the would-be robber to remove his mask and pretend he was playing a joke on the employee. The frightened thief then fled on foot.

It was just a prank, bro!

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

At what point does it become entrapment? I'm not defending the dude at all, but if the officer starts off saying that she's 19 and switches it to 15 isn't that getting closer to the entrapment line?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Gross Dude posted:

At what point does it become entrapment? I'm not defending the dude at all, but if the officer starts off saying that she's 19 and switches it to 15 isn't that getting closer to the entrapment line?

:pedo::siren:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He had an opportunity to say "no 15 is not ok"

That opportunity was at this point:

"I am actually 15, is that ok?"

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Gross Dude posted:

Nope.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Gross Dude posted:

She told him she was 15 before they agreed to meet and he went along with it anyway. Entrapment is if the cop had basically forced him into a situation he wouldn't have normally agreed to. This is just a basic sting.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Data Graham posted:

He had an opportunity to say "no 15 is not ok"

That opportunity was at this point:

"I am 15, is that ok?"

Yeah, the stuff that comes before that question doesn't particularly matter. That was the cop making sure he was aware he was committing a crime. If a cop starts to hand you a bag that you think is full of legal stuff and halfway through he says "by the way, that bag is full of heroin" and you say "ok" and take it, it's not entrapment. He knew he was meeting up with an underaged person and knew what he was planning to do (and it definitely was not "rescue" her). He deserves to be locked up.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
That 'To Catch a Predator' show had some follow-up episodes on MSNBC or one of the lesser NBC channels and the number of guys who actually got charged and convicted was pretty low. They didn't go into details, so maybe the D.A.'s just loved offering plea deals, but I think even that show teased very close to entrapment and they were pretty upfront about the ages of their bait.

So getting a guy interested in a 19 year old target and then switching the age to 15 should still count as breaking the law, but maybe not. What seems like a slam dunk on paper doesn't always play out with a jury.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
isn't that technically treason? i mean i don't know what the word "treason" means and i don't have the internet so i can't look it up, i've just heard it a bunch whenever people talk about crimes so presumably this is treason. if anybody wants legal advice on getting off charges of treason, as in this case, please pm me

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Garrand posted:

She told him she was 15 before they agreed to meet and he went along with it anyway.

He not only agreed to go along with it after learning 'she' was 15, he then asked her if unprotected sex was okay and then went and bought condoms and then went to meet up with her.

effervescible posted:

It was just a prank, bro!

I found a doozy of a "It was just a prank!" story the other day. Remember the story about the couple who tried to ruin the PTA president's life by planting drugs in her car and calling the cops on her just because she'd said their son was "a bit slow" and they misinterpreted what she meant? It's another story along those lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6KUlqrrjZk

The short version: a couple buys a house that a woman wanted to buy and don't repsond to her request to sell it to her so she tries to make their life hell, including placing personal ads saying that the wife loves rape play and asking men to turn up to the house during the day, break in and force themselves on her. At least one guy actually turned up to the house in response to the ads. Her defence in the end is that she was sleep deprived and depressed and she just thought they were funny pranks, she didn't realise people might actually get hurt.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
http://i.imgur.com/7HDuqgS.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/Ro6WpkH.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJiWKlTpdYY

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A perfect Triple Lindy

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

"YOUTUBE VIDEO REPLAY"

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sponge Baathist posted:

We should pass a law that beheads VR developers who release motion controllers 2 years after system release. cockulus is a bad VR platform and the controllers are ugly and hand-specific I.E. bad.

Hand-specific controllers, my word :monocle:

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Sponge Baathist posted:

You are probably trolling based on your perfect storm of wrongness, but here goes.

I am a Vive/PSVR owner, but nope. Touch came out a little over 9 months after system release, not 2 years, the controllers are actually better than the Vive controllers, WAY better than the PS move controllers, and the Rift platform (with Touch) itself is pretty decent. Hand-specific controls are actually great. You cannot provide a controller that is as ergonomic and comfortable without being hand-specific.

Their business strategy is what is terrible. I could point to any number of terrible decisions, but releasing Touch after main launch, charging another $200 and not requiring them was their downfall. The controllers are amazing, but not being able to guarantee developers 100% Touch ownership means they cannot innovate control schemes and have to hamstring their games with normal XBox controls, and the Touch functionality will be the gimmicky tacked-on control scheme.

We know WHY they did it. They took their time, thinking that they were way ahead of any competitors, and then the Vive showed up moving full speed ahead. Occulus freaked out, and didn't want Vive to beat them to market by 6+ months, so launched with what they had. This was a terrible idea, and pretty much everyone except Occulus knew it at the time too.

All that being said, I still spend most of my VR time on PSVR even though it was kind of a disappointment and is objectively the least good platform of the three. It's just so much easier to hop in and play than the other two, is more comfortable to wear, and isn't so loving heavy.

Once games can get enough funding to move past them all being glorified tech demos, and the graphics hardware matters, I'll probably switch more to the Vive though.

Doom Rooster has a new favorite as of 17:50 on Dec 29, 2016

Mynameismud
Jul 12, 2009

Just keep calm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoFNVp739xo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The windshield wipers came on a second before they hit the water, I choose to believe the driver did that on purpose.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'd love to know what they're discussing so matter-of-factly at the end there.

E: "We are in the river." "The river is where we are."

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Doom Rooster posted:

You are probably trolling based on your perfect storm of wrongness, but here goes.

I am a Vive/PSVR owner, but nope. Touch came out a little over 9 months after system release, not 2 years, the controllers are actually better than the Vive controllers, WAY better than the PS move controllers, and the Rift platform (with Touch) itself is pretty decent. Hand-specific controls are actually great. You cannot provide a controller that is as ergonomic and comfortable without being hand-specific.

And left-handed people eat poo poo? The Wii was awesome because I could use it in a configuration comfortable for me. A controller is a different situation, but for motion controls I want my dominant hand.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Avenging_Mikon posted:

And left-handed people eat poo poo? The Wii was awesome because I could use it in a configuration comfortable for me. A controller is a different situation, but for motion controls I want my dominant hand.

What? There are two of them. One for each hand.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Having lefties get hosed over by everything being designed for righties results in really good schadenfreude though.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

Data Graham posted:

I'd love to know what they're discussing so matter-of-factly at the end there.

E: "We are in the river." "The river is where we are."

"This new road is very uneven."

"My shoes are damp."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular posted:

Having lefties get hosed over by everything being designed for righties results in really good schadenfreude though.

Hearing lefties still complain about it is even better. There has never been a time in human history where left-handed people weren't hosed over in some regard. Except maybe in baseball.