Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I doubt anyone cares about this, but it makes me sad:

If you have a Professor of Taboos in play and play a Pascale, the end of turn kill-zombie will be summoned after Pascale buffs the board. The end of turn effects go in play order, as you'd expect, but the "summon zombie on kill" effect doesn't happen until after all end-of-turn effects have been resolved. So it goes Kill -> Buff -> Summon zombie from kill.

I was really looking forward to the interaction between these two cards, but I guess Pascale is still just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I just started playing this two days ago. I've never been huge into deck construction but I play a shitload of board games and I love anime hunks and babes so I figured it was time for me to try this pile. After the menagerie of free packs these are the legendaries I wound up with:

Fairy Princess
Dark Dragoon Forte
Lord of the Flies
White Wolf of Eldwood
Jeanne D'Arc
Tsubaki
Moon Al-Mi'aj
Odin
Zirnitia
Prince of Darkness

Again, not a lot of ccg background (basically just play the DBZ CCG which is so completely unlike the "play creatures and have 20 life points" genre of games that it barely overlaps) but in games in general I like hitting hard in big chunks, getting #value, and direct damage. What should I look at with those legendaries as possible decks with that in mind? I read the OP a few times but I still feel sorta lost. I've been playing some drafts to get a feel for the different archetypes but all I've really gleaned so far is that swordcraft seems very strong for draft and dumb dream combos are just that.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
If this was a week ago probably face/storm dragon or haven in general. You do have a bunch of fatties that can go into a ramp dragon deck and it might be your best choice if you want to play with your legendaries. But don't go crazy spending all your vials yet, there's alot of free gold in the next few days which may or may not get you more legendaries or good gold cards

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Also if you guys didn't know this yet, there is a new set of achievements for doing private matches without conceding. You get 100 gold for each unique person you match against and it goes up to 20 people for a total of 2000 gold. People have been posting their private match code on places like /vg/ and twitch streams

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Also if you guys didn't know this yet, there is a new set of achievements for doing private matches without conceding. You get 100 gold for each unique person you match against and it goes up to 20 people for a total of 2000 gold. People have been posting their private match code on places like /vg/ and twitch streams

Do you have to win or do you just have to play the game to get the gold?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You don't have to win, just finish the match without conceding/dcing

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Mr. Whale posted:

Do you have to win or do you just have to play the game to get the gold?

Someone has to win. Doesn't matter who. Most people are just playing suicide blood for turn 4 lethals.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I rolled something like 50 packs and got about 10 legs, including 3x Daria (one of which was animated) which was exactly what I wanted. Also had a pack with both Sahaquiel and Bahamut in it.

I'm sorry everyone, I stole all the luck again.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Battler posted:

I rolled something like 50 packs and got about 10 legs, including 3x Daria (one of which was animated) which was exactly what I wanted. Also had a pack with both Sahaquiel and Bahamut in it.

I'm sorry everyone, I stole all the luck again.

That's pretty mediocre to be honest. I am at 6 legendaries in 25 packs.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Got Bahamut and White Wolf in my 15 packs. Oh well.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
statistical pedantry: both of those outcomes are about 92nd percentile lucky, which is difficult to characterize as "mediocre"

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

both of those are insanely lucky and i hate you

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Reiterpallasch posted:

statistical pedantry: both of those outcomes are about 92nd percentile lucky, which is difficult to characterize as "mediocre"

That's only because you're an unlucky pedant.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i opened a bunch tonight. ended up with 3 of the forest wolves (probably dont need 3. might dust 1) a daria, a statue, a nep nep, and an albert.

decided to make the other 2 darias because that just seems like so much fun. might make another statue since i think 2 will probably be good in a deck. albert can hang out with aurelia and otohime in my sword legos i need to craft more of before i do poo poo with.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Feel like I got pretty unlucky with my 40 packs with the amount of legendaries/golds I opened, but I got a White Wolf and an animated Daria as my legendaries so I can't be too unhappy.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I, uhhh,

In my 15 free packs I got 2 imperial dragoons, 2 Darias (from the same pack), 1 Albert, and 1 Bahamut.

I guess its time to play discard dragon and follower Rune????

e: oh I also got the forestcraft wolf that tutors up your highest cost card.

also is it just me or is Call of Cocytus just insanely superior to every current 5 mana kill spell?

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 29, 2016

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress

Spellboost minion Runecraft is goddamn obscene. It just never stops

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

A big flaming stink posted:

also is it just me or is Call of Cocytus just insanely superior to every current 5 mana kill spell?

Doesn't deal 2 damage, no deal.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Some of the new english voice acting is amazing. Just listen to Lionel, Elf Prince. I'm so glad I got 3 animated ones.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Awesome! posted:

both of those are insanely lucky and i hate you

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
2x Albert, 2x Eidolon (1 animated), 1x Matriarch, 1x White Wolf, 1x Dragoon, 1x Bahamut in around 50 (15 from saved rupees, 15 free, 20 from the new private quest) packs or so which is a little above average.

I have a really stupid amount of vials but I plan on buying Bahamut packs at least until I pull each legendary once for the emblem.

The new bloodcraft 3/2 ward guy is insane. I might have to eat my words, forestcraft has been taking a beating for me so far.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Can someone post a list for Spellboost Follower rune? I've pulled most of the pieces including 2 Daria and this deck just looks absolutely obscene.

(Also I'm pleasantly surprised, but most of the new cards don't really have the :japan: factor in their art.)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Can someone post a list for Spellboost Follower rune? I've pulled most of the pieces including 2 Daria and this deck just looks absolutely obscene.

(Also I'm pleasantly surprised, but most of the new cards don't really have the :japan: factor in their art.)

I just put together this thing. I managed to open one Daria and had enough to craft another. The Spectral Wizard would be replaced with the third one. I'm thinking of replacing the Sorcery Cache with another Levi.

Here's another one some dude on Reddit posted. Pick your poison!

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 29, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah this Daria deck seems totally broken. Looks like we'll all miss the innocent Elana's Prayer days soon enough.

My own current form of cancer is a Rhinoroach-centric Forestcraft deck with two goblin mages (and with Roaches as the only two drops), White Wolf, and Rose Queen. That the Wolf has rush is amazing, but having two forms of OTK (and using Rose Queen without Fairy Whisperers) has been a little bad. Might have to look into Lionel to speed up the OTKs.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 29, 2016

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
They need some gimmick version of Bahamut that plays the theme from granblue when it comes into play

Super No Vacancy posted:

i wanted to play granblue but i think it's a website not an app and that's just nonsense

I find it's alright since I don't have to deal with any emulators.

Worth checking out if you're into FF of snes days, or some mmo itch to scratch. Its surprisingly well produced for what it is being some mobile/browser thing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Drakes posted:

They need some gimmick version of Bahamut that plays the theme from granblue when it comes into play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CW4LeFQB5Y

They need to add Amira, Kaisar, and FAAAVVAAARROOOO cards soon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh man white wolf is spells and minions. 0 mana silver bolt roach combos incoming.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I can't wait for people to start crying about how they want dshift back

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The big change in this expansion so far for me is 3-drops IMO. 3 was almost a dead turn for a lot of decks - people were playing totally crap ones like spartoi sergeant, ironscale dragon, whatever because you could actually get away with it... there was only one really nasty 3 pp card around (Ancient Elf)

With Veight, new hell's unleasher, that haven 3/2, spellboost man, other stuff I havent thought of, there are a lot more 3 mana cards that have the potential to put you way ahead which makes cards like goblin mage not quite as absurd as they seemed at first because you probably will get punished more often for playing a 2/2 on 3.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
So my first batch of packs - 15 freebies and 33 from the rupies I had saved up - were pretty weak. Other than a full animated pack I only got 3 legendaries out of the bunch: Daria, White Wolf and Eidolon.

Then last night while watching Envy's stream on my tablet, I saw people mentioning the Private Match quest and promptly went back and forth between the Twitch app and Shadowverse, racking up those quests with Suicide Blood until I had my 2k rupies. I went to open some more packs and...

...all is forgiven. :stare:

So now I have three doggies for my Silver Bolt combo deck and a couple of Nephs to try out on Shadow. I ended up crafting a second Daria for the hilarious follower-based Tempo Rune, which still lets me save up enough vials to craft 3 more of whatever legendary. Probably going to be Albert, since he's broken as hell, but we'll see.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

For some reason I'm kind of pessimistic about sword right now. Daria rune seems like it would run all over it. Maybe I just got unlucky the first two times I faced it (t5 and t6 darias)

I have high hopes for silver wolf roach but we'll see what it takes to keep up with daria rune consistently and if Tia and Elf will be enough to hold out without getting run over. It has to be better than PtP imo.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 29, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

No Wave posted:

For some reason I'm kind of pessimistic about sword right now. Daria rune seems like it would run all over it. Maybe I just got unlucky the first two times I faced it (t5 and t6 darias)

I have high hopes for silver wolf roach but we'll see what it takes to keep up with daria rune consistently and if Tia and Elf will be enough to hold out without getting run over. It has to be better than PtP imo.

If Daria Rune becomes prevalent, I wouldn't be worried about Forest or Sword.

Forest still has Will of the Forest, which can handle the non-Ogler boards really well. A good early Ancient Elf is still bonkers, and they can run Maahes as well, for the AoE tied to a decent ward.

Sword might be forced to focus on Control. Tech in Cyclone Blade, switch out Novice Trooper (Which in Control Sword is almost always used as removal instead of face damage.) for Blitz Lancer. White Paladin, Floral Fencer, and the Amelia/Gelt combo will help them stall until turn 7 for Frontguard General, at which point they can stabilize. If Control Sword is capable of dragging the game out that long, Alexander will handle most Daria boards too.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 29, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, against Daria you'll need to tech in board clears. If you can survive the 2 turns of Mayhem then you should be able to beat her before they get to play a non boosted topdeck on 9.

This is, of course, in my scrubby opinion.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Now that I've had some time to think about it, I'm pretty sure my favorite thing about the expansion is that animated cards now use a different color for their card names. It just looks really nice.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Insert maniacal cackling here. The combo is as ridiculous as I thought it would be!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i didnt play much at the beginning of the month and i am like 3k away from the liza sleeves. i am hosed arent i

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when do the idolmaster sleeves drop

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Awesome! posted:

i didnt play much at the beginning of the month and i am like 3k away from the liza sleeves. i am hosed arent i

it might be doable if you straight grind right now, but it's gonna be hard if you're higher ranked

Super No Vacancy posted:

they're out but only viewable in the jp client or if you do this http://steamcommunity.com/app/453480/discussions/0/152390648098880643/ available till Jan 10th
without that they just show up as the default so if you're playing a lot of people with default emblems/backs that's why

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 29, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

They came in a while ago. You have do some shenanigans by switching your game to Japanese and replacing some files.

(Aaand beaten!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

it might be doable if you straight grind right now, but it's gonna be hard if you're higher ranked
ranked is still broken :(

• Locked thread