Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Also what the gently caress did they do to SD Gundam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8um1N78AhY

This is so violently 90s I think watching it gave me whiplash. Also imagine a world where DoozyBots was the gundam series to catch on in the west instead of Wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Aqua Guncannon and Aqua Balls are pretty great

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
There's also the RB-79N Fisheye:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The GIG posted:

This is so violently 90s I think watching it gave me whiplash. Also imagine a world where DoozyBots was the gundam series to catch on in the west instead of Wing.

Start with DoozyBots, and then the next series they bring over is something like Victory or Thunderbolt.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Raxivace posted:

I didn't personally like the show but you might enjoy Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. That's sort of what that was. The Gundam equivalent wasn't aquatic though.

I was going to mention that but I couldn't remember the name. I dropped it like halfway through.

From what I saw there was only like one goofy aquatic suit, it was that pirate that had a rocket surfboard.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gargantia seemed so promising, but it ended up being so meh I don't think anybody actually finished watching it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gargantia seemed so promising, but it ended up being so meh I don't think anybody actually finished watching it.

I did. It wasn't great.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Droyer posted:

I did. It wasn't great.

Chamber's rationisation of the war a couple episodes from the end was really interesting however.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is that a preview for a new kit? If it is, wanna give me the details in the Gunpla thread?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is that a preview for a new kit? If it is, wanna give me the details in the Gunpla thread?

It's the cover of volume 9 of Gundam Thunderbolt. It comes with a papercraft of an evil White Base

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's not a kit yet, but given they're doing a line for Thunderbolt season 2, it's quite likely we'll get one.

Revive Guncannon, two Origins Guncannons, and a Thunderbolt Guncannon. It's a good year for Kai Shiden related Gunpla. Even aside from how easy it is to make a Shiden Kai.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really liked the space GMs in Thunderbolt and that water GM looks cool too

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I really liked the space GMs in Thunderbolt and that water GM looks cool too

That's a Guncannon, pleb.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Dougram has the best amphibious/underwater suit. It's the Mackerel iirc. Known as Aqualo in it's US Robotech Defenders release of the kit. Dougram mecha are basically Gundam 2.0 anyhow.

Man I now feel bad about not buying multiples of that kit when close out stores had piles of em. Or buying it at all. It's so fat and cute and Doofy. So silly even Battletech didn't make use of the design. Big fat thing with dickhead like diving bell head and torpedo launchers in its tum tum. :3:

(On mobile so go look up images of it yourselves. Fall in love with that fat bastard and the most superior hero and grunt mecha of early 80s anime the Dougram and Soltic Roundfacer. Mr O moved on from his Gundam work and made some kickass robits. I'm kinda surprised Katoki hasn't redone them so they can have tats like his Gundam revamps. :/ )

Ps 0080 and 08th MS are best Gundam mecha designs in general btw, although best mecha design overall is the Macross Valkyrie praise be it's name.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Darth Walrus posted:

That's a Guncannon, pleb.

Potato, potatocannon

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Captain Rufus posted:

08th MS are best Gundam mecha designs in general btw,

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
who wore it better?

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Huh, didn't realize old Gundam Project art was still floating around. I definitely recognize a few of Mark's old drawings here.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Zeta Zaku as they actually took the time to show how tiny the old MS view screens were when displayed on the 360 cockpit monitors.

Belzac fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 27, 2016

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

they should have played up the GM and Gundam Gs being modular more, imo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
GM Head was such a clever way to get all three characters in their own unique Suits.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

GM custom, you ungrateful pleb.

How can it be the quintessential GM if it's Custom?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Also I'm glad we can all agree that the GM series are the most perfect mobile suits.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Same as gouf custom

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Lemon-Lime posted:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Same as gouf custom

The GM Custom was mass-produced. The Gouf Custom was too awesome too replicate.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kuroyama posted:

The GM Custom was mass-produced. The Gouf Custom was too awesome too replicate.

Nah, the Gouf Custom was also MP'd. Igloo, Midnight Fenrir and The Plot To Assassin Gihren all have one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Personally I believe that the Thunderbolt GMs and FA Gundam would have been victorious if they had had more shields.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Like would you go with another layer of sheilds? As in placing shields over the sheilds? Or add shields in new areas. There are a lot of options here.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Obviously what needs to be done is to have the final battle FA unicorn but with the phenex's shield backpack thing, with two shields on the arms and one on the back. Five shields. And then since it's the final battle version it can use shield bits, so it can have five shield bits, and then resupply so it can have five shields attached to it with the five shield bits.

And then they all have the armed armor DE shield booster/gun parts on them. :kheldragar:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Obviously what needs to be done is to have the final battle FA unicorn but with the phenex's shield backpack thing, with two shields on the arms and one on the back. Five shields. And then since it's the final battle version it can use shield bits, so it can have five shield bits, and then resupply so it can have five shields attached to it with the five shield bits.

And then they all have the armed armor DE shield booster/gun parts on them. :kheldragar:

I'm with you on the Phenex shield backpack and the shield bits, But I really think the arm mounted shields should be the GP02's giant anti nuke shields. And it should have the knee mounted shields from the GN SEM.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I didn't realized shield bits were a thing and I just googled them and I guess I have to for sure watch 00 now because shield bits sounds incredible.

I love bits. All that junk is my favorite Gundam weaponry.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK, we all know about the Seravee Gundam 3G, which is the Seravee Gundam but with two more Mobile Suits trapped to the back, right?

I just found out that there is an upgraded version of that, the Seravee Gundam 3G XN. It's the Seravee Gundam 3G, but with swords

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

OK, we all know about the Seravee Gundam 3G, which is the Seravee Gundam but with two more Mobile Suits trapped to the back, right?

I just found out that there is an upgraded version of that, the Seravee Gundam 3G XN. It's the Seravee Gundam 3G, but with swords

"What if Setsuna piloted Serevee Gundam"

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
What an incredibly necessary looking mobile suit, holy poo poo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm with you on the Phenex shield backpack and the shield bits, But I really think the arm mounted shields should be the GP02's giant anti nuke shields. And it should have the knee mounted shields from the GN SEM.

You can never have too many shields

Guy Goodbody posted:

You can never have too many swords

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Deplora-LOL: Alt-Right Nazis turn on former ally Mike Cernovich, decent people rejoice

https://twitter.com/offthedust/status/813881777852977152

of course he has a zeon avatar, of course

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Call me crazy but I don't think that guy really gets Garma

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not really sure the connection to Gundam is strong enough for that to be appropriate for the Gundam thread.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Morons don't understand Gundam, news at 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Call me crazy but I don't think that guy really gets Garma
Well I bet he's not as pretty as Garma is.