Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

obi_ant posted:

What is in the DLC?

Free alternate costumes (one for each character) and an extra standalone case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Back on the DS, I had a lot of fun with a crappy synthesizer called Korg DS-10. Have any newer synthesizers been released for the 3DS?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a Korg sequel. Just search for Korg on the eShop.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

giogadi posted:

Back on the DS, I had a lot of fun with a crappy synthesizer called Korg DS-10. Have any newer synthesizers been released for the 3DS?

There's 2 Korg thingies for the 3DS:

DSN-12 is like a real deal analog synthesizer with which you can make sounds and stuff.

M01D is a workstation for orchestrating complete songs but it only offers a big bank of prerecorded instrument sounds, no synthesizing.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Right on, thanks for the info! The DSN-12 looks extremely my jam. Has anyone else fiddled with this? I'd love to hear what other goons have come up with

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is there any way to export these Korg game files to an outside usable format?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

greatn posted:

Is there any way to export these Korg game files to an outside usable format?

The DSN-12 synthesizer probably not (i.e. you'd just basically have to record your stuff using the headphone jack), but the M01D does allow saving normal MID files on the SD card for "easy" exporting. Of course this is not very convenient on the New 3DS as the card is hidden behind the backplate now.

Zat fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 29, 2016

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Zat posted:

Of course this is not very convenient on the New 3DS as the card is hidden behind the backplate now.

That's what homebrew is for, even without full custom firmware you can run an FTP server. And they just released one that runs off the sound player, so you don't even need a specific game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zat posted:

The DSN-12 synthesizer probably not (i.e. you'd just basically have to record your stuff using the headphone jack), but the M01D does allow saving normal MID files on the SD card for "easy" exporting. Of course this is not very convenient on the New 3DS as the card is hidden behind the backplate now.

Can't you access that with wifi?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

greatn posted:

Can't you access that with wifi?

Yeah, the N3DS has a built in SMB server. Though I still use the homebrew FTP app because it launches much faster :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does the Spirit of Justice dlc case take place before or after the events of the final case?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

repiv posted:

Yeah, the N3DS has a built in SMB server. Though I still use the homebrew FTP app because it launches much faster :v:

Is there a homebrew thread? I'd be happy trying some things considered safe.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

greatn posted:

Is there a homebrew thread? I'd be happy trying some things considered safe.

Over here. The OP is a bit out of date though, I'd recommend reading https://3ds.guide instead.

e: To be clear, the steps on 3ds.guide are to completely hack the 3DS. If you just want to run homebrew that doesn't need system access then you can stop once you get the Homebrew Launcher running.

repiv fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 29, 2016

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Countblanc posted:

Does the Spirit of Justice dlc case take place before or after the events of the final case?

Says you can play it after Case 1, so I'm assuming it's like PW5 where the DLC is completely separate from the main game.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Free alternate costumes (one for each character) and an extra standalone case.

I just looked, the alternate costumes are $1.49, so not free.

Also, between the costumes and the extra case are two "theatre mode" DLC's, and I'm wondering what the heck those are?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Countblanc posted:

It takes place definitively after. Any spoilers are only through implication though and not specific.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Also, between the costumes and the extra case are two "theatre mode" DLC's, and I'm wondering what the heck those are?
I haven't played them but from what I've heard they are short non-canon story sequences (not cases) and each one comes with a pixel 3DS theme.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
e: oops didn't look down

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The 3DS themes are really good.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Is monster Hunter generations worth grabbing on sale?

Currently have
Fire emblem awakening. Barely got to try this yet
The drat solitare horse jockey game that's strangely addiction
Rune factory 4. I can't stop playing it, need more yams and to punch more giant chickens

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!
Can someone recommend some good decal site (that isn't decalgirl)? I want to cover my crimson red N3dsXL with something that makes it substantially less crimson red.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

tenderjerk posted:

Can someone recommend some good decal site (that isn't decalgirl)? I want to cover my crimson red N3dsXL with something that makes it substantially less crimson red.

Why would you cover up the best n3dsxl Famicom Red?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Yeah I was just going to ask that too. Is there anything else worth grabbing while in this sale?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Are you looking for a rather involved action game based on deliberate movements and committing to attack animations that can't usually be cancelled? Are you interested in that game also being a boss rush where you fight gigantic dinosaurs and/or dragons in long battles that emphasize not getting hit? Do you want to get really good at fighting said dragons by fighting them over and over again so you can make weapons and armor out of their body parts?

There are also cats.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

deadly_pudding posted:

There are also cats.

And you can play as the cats.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

Soul Glo posted:

Why would you cover up the best n3dsxl Famicom Red?

Actually, I plan on getting a Famicom skin (assuming one exists), but the only thing I'm able to find like this is N3DS changeable plates (which are awesome and had no idea how expansive they could be but I traded my N3DS for a N3DSXL)

There are tons of NES, SNES & Super Famicom skins but the og Famicom remains elusive :smith:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

greatn posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a Korg sequel. Just search for Korg on the eShop.

DS-10+ took a while to get here after the Japanese release but we did get it. Limited run afaik, I had to hunt for it. It'll use the faster CPU for two instances of the synth and drum machines each.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Monster Hunter owns, Generations may own slightly less than MH4, especially for a complete newbie, but it still owns and has a lot more active players.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Monster Hunter owns, Generations may own slightly less than MH4, especially for a complete newbie, but it still owns and has a lot more active players.

19.99 seems like a good price for it too.

How is the Mega Man collection? Its like 7.50 and I love me some mega man.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Says you can play it after Case 1, so I'm assuming it's like PW5 where the DLC is completely separate from the main game.

I just looked, the alternate costumes are $1.49, so not free.

They're mini joke courtroom sequences. There's no investigation or anything, and they're properly absurd. They're just for some quick fun.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Still getting boned in PCJ. Will regularly start a race with a 5 Star start but will inexplicably get jammed up with four other horses and bounced to last place before the first hand is dealt.

I aced every round and still lost.

I guess I still can't get it into my noggin that it's basically a rogue-like.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MarcusSA posted:

19.99 seems like a good price for it too.

How is the Mega Man collection? Its like 7.50 and I love me some mega man.

There's a weird slowdown issue with Mega Man V for some reason but if you switch the game to Japanese then it's fine. It's well worth it at that price.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Beastie posted:

Still getting boned in PCJ. Will regularly start a race with a 5 Star start but will inexplicably get jammed up with four other horses and bounced to last place before the first hand is dealt.

I aced every round and still lost.

I guess I still can't get it into my noggin that it's basically a rogue-like.

During the final turn, if you win a round of solitaire in the L2 or L3 comfort zone (which is where you should be anyway), move your horse into the deep red section of squiggly lines in the L3 comfort strip. Comfort zones don't move in the final turn, you won't lose stamina because you won the hand, and you won't be boxed in. Horses tend to gather close to the fence during the homestretch, regardless of their position on the little map. If you lose the round, move as close to the yellow as you can get and you'll still reduce your chances of starting the homestretch surrounded by horses.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

There's a weird slowdown issue with Mega Man V for some reason but if you switch the game to Japanese then it's fine. It's well worth it at that price.

Great! Looks like I'll be spending some money on the e-shop tomorrow.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
By the way, whatever happened to that Ace Attorney game set in the past where Phoneix's great grandfather teamed up with Sherlock Holmes? Did that game never get translated?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

By the way, whatever happened to that Ace Attorney game set in the past where Phoneix's great grandfather teamed up with Sherlock Holmes? Did that game never get translated?

Yep. They've said they "currently have no plans to localize it".

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If they're concerned about ROI for localizing the game I bet they could put it on Kickstarter and have the entire budget for localization funded in less than a day, with only digital rewards of getting your name in the credits and a digital copy, then release it only digitally.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

tenderjerk posted:

Buy the Hori Pikachu New 3ds LL cover, Then go to etsy and buy some of the decals there.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

greatn posted:

If they're concerned about ROI for localizing the game I bet they could put it on Kickstarter and have the entire budget for localization funded in less than a day, with only digital rewards of getting your name in the credits and a digital copy, then release it only digitally.

I think the main reason they aren't bringing it over is because racism plays a pretty big role in the game. Best bet is to wait for a fan translation.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Regy Rusty posted:

Yep. They've said they "currently have no plans to localize it".

It's a real shame, it has some of the best music in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm still kind of hoping they're waiting for the second game to come out and do them both at the same time, since apparently the first game is unfinished and ends on a huge cliffhanger, but I'm not holding my breath or anything.