Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

I'm fighting Crowley a bunch because I want to see what all the rolls do. Haha, getting a one is mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Megaflare posted:

I'm fighting Crowley a bunch because I want to see what all the rolls do. Haha, getting a one is mean.

That wasn't predetermined? What does One do? A Three just spawned three Screamers before the fight.

More importantly, what weird system is Crowley running that he's throwing a d6 to decide my fate??

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

HellCopter posted:

That wasn't predetermined? What does One do? A Three just spawned three Screamers before the fight.

More importantly, what weird system is Crowley running that he's throwing a d6 to decide my fate??

I thought it was just dialogue at first too but yeah apparently not. I've seen 1, 3, 4 and 6. Spoilered in case anyone cares for some reason.

One: 2 haters, 1 hunter, 1 screamer. Fortunately they still fight each other so I hid in a corner while they shot each other with nailguns.
Four: 1 hater.
Six: Just a reversal tuber.

Vol 3 explains why he's throwing dice... well, sort of. I've really liked the boss gimmicks in general and wonder what they'll do in the future.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So I've just started to get into this game. I hit floor 5 and decided to spend time leveling up some mans and gathering my strength before heading to 10 and hoping for the best against the boss. I spent a good two or three hours raiding other people and leveling up my waiting room and getting money to buy premium stickers.

I was focusing on leveling my freezer so I could stuff it with mans for both expeditions and future defense against raids, except no one has raided me yet. Out of curiosity, when you get raided, does it let people steal everything I have in one go or is there a cap? When I go out on raids some people have an even 3k or 2k in killcoins and blue juice, and it seems unlikely they would have such a clean number leftover when they logged out. Considering how I've yet to be raided after a few nights of constant raiding, that'd make me feel better about logging out with 30k lying around.

year199X fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 29, 2016

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Grasshopper said that they're planning on adding "more floors", right? Does that means 41+?

For a magical tower, it's kind of a run-down shithole from floor 1 all the way to the top. I was hoping for the progression to go from Subway -> City -> Interior -> Penthouse. Instead, they just change the flavor of crumbling buildings.
I haven't beaten it yet, but there's no way that anything good would be at the top of this pile of garbage.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

Get a 3* weapon, the cleaver saber is the easiest one to make since you get it as a blueprint early on and it starts out really strong already. Also this kind of poo poo should not happen!

Same run, both 28F chests.

Is the cleaver saber a guaranteed drop somewhere?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
When sending your dudes to 13f for golden snails does it need to be Okusa specifically, or can it be any room on that floor as long as Okusa is available?

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

year199X posted:

So I've just started to get into this game. I hit floor 5 and decided to spend time leveling up some mans and gathering my strength before heading to 10 and hoping for the best against the boss. I spent a good two or three hours raiding other people and leveling up my waiting room and getting money to buy premium stickers.

I was focusing on leveling my freezer so I could stuff it with mans for both expeditions and future defense against raids, except no one has raided me yet. Out of curiosity, when you get raided, does it let people steal everything I have in one go or is there a cap? When I go out on raids some people have an even 3k or 2k in killcoins and blue juice, and it seems unlikely they would have such a clean number leftover when they logged out. Considering how I've yet to be raided after a few nights of constant raiding, that'd make me feel better about logging out with 30k lying around.

A cap of 5% of your current max can be taken at a time. Or that's what the early ranks suggest (2000/40000, 2500/50000 etc), it may be a progressive % as your max increases.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Poulpe posted:

When sending your dudes to 13f for golden snails does it need to be Okusa specifically, or can it be any room on that floor as long as Okusa is available?

Just farm 21F and 22F enough, 21F especially is very harmless. It has the entrance hallway, coaster section + 2 extra rooms on the way to Kawabe. Hater can ONLY spawn in the entrance hallway or the little trap room down in the water.

Also success! I made it to 40F, though they dont let you fight the boss without other minibosses beaten. I only beat 32F U-10 and 34F Coen. Start at Togose to Nintanda then allll the way to 39F.

Also came home with 100k KC. Total resources spent: 1 Funshroom and 2 bought pork choppers.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for clearing that up.

Still, that means people should be seeing a hefty 2k+800 or so potential reward when I log off, so It must be some amazing luck no one has raided or tried to get revenge yet.

That said, raiding owns. It feels good stealing resources from chumps.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Ougher posted:

I know there are quite a few theory's floating around about blueprints, but I've been hitting 11f where goto9 is because it's just one hater a bunch of boxes and some beasts. I know I'm still missing a handful of blueprints from the 11-20 floors, but I have also cleared every side area in that range. The boxes on his floor can regularly drop blueprints, so I figured I'd try farming it a bit to see what happens. I did this last night on my striker for a little while, nothing large enough to get an accurate sample size, but nonetheless when I did get blueprints, they were almost always the same 3 or 4. Lots of knifes and rifles, and armor I had already unlocked.

Since tonight I was playing my lucky star because he has my bonus KC decal, I figured I would go hit that floor again just to see. My very first run I got two blueprints I didn't have. Now I've seen people say they think your fighters are assigned a certain 'group' of blueprints, to answer the question of why certain blueprints seem rare for some people, while others get buried in them while having other blueprints be rare for them. This part feels relevant because I only made this character a few days back, while I'm pretty sure I've been on this floor before with an older, lower grade lucky star.

This might be something that can be tested easier than others, because this floor is so easy to do, half the time you can get most of the boxes without even encountering the hater depending on where it spawns if you wanted.

Or it could just be dumb loving luck and I'm way too high thinking way too into this. :2bong:

edit: oh yeah, 11f can spawn an invis shroom, albeit very rarely.
I've been farming the early floors to death to get everything absolutely upgraded before moving on. I farmed 11F for over 100 runs before new blueprints completely dried up (mostly doing runs for metal from GOTO-9). Despite that, I knew I was missing blueprints. I used the same fighter the entire time for this farming.

Switched to another fighter and went to 11F, got a new blueprint on the first run. So I think you may have figured it out. :neckbeard:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am getting very tired of being one-shot by being stunlocked by a butterfly knife/machete combo. This really really sucks.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
I was going over the LID packs on the PlayStation Store and noticed that PlayStation Plus users get a starter pack for free.

It contains:
    4 Death Metal
    Express 1 Day Pass x2

10,000 Kill Coins
    10,000 SPLithium

Barbmeat Half Portion x2
    Solo Shelter X2

Worth it for the Death Metal and Shelter, since it's free.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
There's also a $5 pack with 30 death metals you can only buy once.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

year199X posted:

There's also a $5 pack with 30 death metals you can only buy once.

Huh, that's the most Death Metal I ever got for $5, not counting those PWYW Bandcamp purchases.

Could the OP update the first post with this information? It would really help people who are just getting started.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

CJacobs posted:

I am getting very tired of being one-shot by being stunlocked by a butterfly knife/machete combo. This really really sucks.

Run with a defender and get armor. This stops being a problem once you get some good armor researched.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

FrickenMoron posted:

Just farm 21F and 22F enough, 21F especially is very harmless. It has the entrance hallway, coaster section + 2 extra rooms on the way to Kawabe. Hater can ONLY spawn in the entrance hallway or the little trap room down in the water

Fwiw I'm only at level 16 or so, and also four golden snails can take a fresh dude all the way to level 66. Given that time is this game's REAL premium currency I think it's worth it to fetch them.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
Well if they do make more floors I wouldn't be surprised if they are rotating side dungeons like Shoals, Lair, Orcish Mines like in stone soup. I'd be cool if as soon as you jump in the way back locks behind you and you've gotta run the whole branch before getting out.
Doesn't really play like dark souls or like a rougelike, it feels like an old arcade cabinet.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

CJacobs posted:

It does seem to be the go-to for so many players. I keep running into bases with 4 - 5 defenders all with that combo, and it's either machete / butterfly haters in the main floors or totally naked Haters who were clearly on their last legs before dying. Such a pain, but if armour fixes it I guess I better keep hoarding cloth materials.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Related, what are some good floors for farming chests for blueprints? Advice for leg 1 of the tower and leg 2 would be preferable.

_____!
May 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Let It Die: Play Log > Weapon Killed Most By: Jungle Machete E Megathread

(I just checked mine on a whim after getting killed by one right after reading your post.)

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Holy poo poo ranking up a new 5 star fighter is really rough. Majority of haters I've encountered are max leveled NPC haters with tricked out gear. Mushroom abuse is almost required.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

In my first TDM fight right now... how long do these last? Is it set time or point based?

How are rewards calculated? If we win as well as my personal points?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fumaofthelake posted:

In my first TDM fight right now... how long do these last? Is it set time or point based?

How are rewards calculated? If we win as well as my personal points?

24 hours, have to participate at all to get any reward, big reward if your team wins, small if you lose, don't think anyone knows break points for how many points you need to get for reward tiers, but it doesn't seem to be more than 1k points for max, to me.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Cool thanks. Was a bit laborious to try to search while playing, lots of bad info. Long loading screens good for posting though haha.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is it random at how many times it takes to get rid of poison?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The expedition menu screwed up and allowed me to send all of my fighters to the same guy. Only one of them encountered him though and it was my highest leveled :v:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

tap my mountain posted:

The expedition menu screwed up and allowed me to send all of my fighters to the same guy. Only one of them encountered him though and it was my highest leveled :v:

I always have one guy who never gets randomizes when I do expeditions. Usually the top left slot stays the same.

Starting to make real progress working through the second area (11F+). I haven't actually gone higher than 13F yet, but I killed the first midboss and I've been working shortcut loops.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Jimbot posted:

Is it random at how many times it takes to get rid of poison?

"Deadly poison" is vomited out instantly usually
"Lethal poison" takes 2-4 vomits.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
When do 4 star characters unlock? I beat the second boss and ran up to 22F to see if they'd trigger but I got nothing yet.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

gibbed posted:

I've been farming the early floors to death to get everything absolutely upgraded before moving on. I farmed 11F for over 100 runs before new blueprints completely dried up (mostly doing runs for metal from GOTO-9). Despite that, I knew I was missing blueprints. I used the same fighter the entire time for this farming.

Switched to another fighter and went to 11F, got a new blueprint on the first run. So I think you may have figured it out. :neckbeard:

You mean there is a chance it's not just the weed fueled raving of a madman? :sun:

But I'm glad someone is in the same boat as me. I spent way too much time on the first 20 floors, I haven't been upgrading EVERYTHING, but a fair number of weapons and armor sets. It took me forever to get my red hot iron blueprint, and I was in the camp of side rooms being tied to the blueprints as well, because I finally found the iron after clearing all the side floors on 1-10. But at the same time, I'm pretty sure when I was hitting those last few side rooms, that I had upgraded a tier of fighters so I was also on a new fighter. I'm still missing the claws, night scout pants, all of the goku set, knight chest and head, maybe more that I don't even know about in that teir. I think I might be missing some armor from 1-10 still too.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

BlackFrost posted:

When do 4 star characters unlock? I beat the second boss and ran up to 22F to see if they'd trigger but I got nothing yet.

From 21F Akami go the exit to the very left and then beat that 22F, it will go straight to 25F and unlock T4. If the shortcut is gone you will have to wait 3 more days OR beat 23F goto and climb 2 levels to the next elevators after that. It'd really gruesome.

5* talk: which character do you think would benefit most from extra level/ stat rolls? I've seen lvl 141 AI haters so the bonus that is possible must be massive. My best one so far has a max of exactly 125...

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

FrickenMoron posted:

From 21F Akami go the exit to the very left and then beat that 22F, it will go straight to 25F and unlock T4. If the shortcut is gone you will have to wait 3 more days OR beat 23F goto and climb 2 levels to the next elevators after that. It'd really gruesome.

5* talk: which character do you think would benefit most from extra level/ stat rolls? I've seen lvl 141 AI haters so the bonus that is possible must be massive. My best one so far has a max of exactly 125...

Started going through that floor, and it blocked me off with three very large gates and three red valves. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul. Maybe I'll farm a bit on 11F-19F for a while, I haven't maxed out my 2 star stuff yet.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Do any more new weapons drop after floor 30? My past few material-gathering runs have been cut short when my inventory filled with blueprints. Only to find that they're all armor that's worse than the stuff I'm wearing.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

HellCopter posted:

Do any more new weapons drop after floor 30? My past few material-gathering runs have been cut short when my inventory filled with blueprints. Only to find that they're all armor that's worse than the stuff I'm wearing.

There are very few blueprints on 31+ I've found. Weapons: Masamune blade, Pork Chopper, Knights Lance, the weird ball mace (havent found it yet) ARmor is all MILK stuff, motocross rider / wrestler stuff.

BlackFrost posted:

Started going through that floor, and it blocked me off with three very large gates and three red valves. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul. Maybe I'll farm a bit on 11F-19F for a while, I haven't maxed out my 2 star stuff yet.

Sorry man, the rotation swapped out before you could get it then! It will be back in 3 days. What you can do for now is get to 23F Echizen-Jima (from 21F Akami to 22F Kawabe (which has a black metal chest, get it at all costs!) to Echizen-Jima. After the elevator is the boss. After the boss you will have to beat the entirety of 24F and get to the 25F which has the elevator.

What I would recommend if you want to beat that gauntlet:
-If possible farm up the materials from 22F Kawabe to make the cleaver saber.
-At least 3 +4 tier 2 irons & some Machetes if you have them upgraded. Or the cleaver sabers
-2 transparungus & stingshrooms
-Full armor set

Boss is Goto, go in invisible and stingshroom / ironspam him. The 24F gauntlet is really crazy if you are undergeared, but you can do it with the right prep. Just dont go in blind.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 30, 2016

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
A few progress things today! Finally got my iron blueprints, then promptly got 2 more. Beat floor 20 my first try. I like that fight. Got a 3star lucky star, and holy poo poo are they fragile. I'm going to try and work out a good 11-20 farm, because I need Kc and green metal like crazy, because my only +4 2* is the machete, which sucks vs tubers. I learned for collecting quests, beasts/mushrooms from crates don't count! Has to be out in the open.

And I've got a quest glitch, I think. Reversal tuber mk-1 x3, I went to the floor 9 that has them, twice, but neither time did the kill count. Any other places the mk-1 hangs out?

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Just finished the game tonight. That was certainly an ending.

I only paid $5 for the 30 death metals, and I had 26 left in reserve when all was said and done (I was pretty stingy with them). 7 one-day express passes too. For the amount of game time I got out of this, $5 was a goddamn STEAL.

The crazy thing is that even after all this I still barely scratched the surface with R&D. I barely got the Captain's Vest made (893 defense) before I went to fight the 40F boss, and a lot of times I felt like I was overpreparing for things. I guess there's plenty of time to prep and R&D other items if more floors are coming in the future. I didn't make any items passed 4 stars (Pork Chopper+ was so very worth it), but I've gotten 5 star items from drops on 31-40. Man that's an awful lot of grind to get these red metals now...

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So I haven't gotten above the 16th floor because I keep making dumb mistakes, that being said I've started to make shorter trips instead of long hauls so in case I do screw up I don't lose a ton. Also had a funny instance last night that if the PS4 recorded it I should share it. I got into one of the shop floors in 11-20, killed the hater and started to pick up a mushroom when the sirens started. I hadn't been on the floor for longer than 2 minutes tops but here came Yoyo blocking me from the escalator. I start running and somehow run right past her as she takes her shot and misses me, then I accidentally dropkicked the escalator and thought I was done for. But somehow got up in time to go back to the previous floor, I have never feared for my life as much as I did then. This game rules.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm still using grade 1 mans so it's not a big deal to recover them, but man is it still super stressful and exhilarating when i get out of a fight barely alive. I noticed my heart was pounding pretty fast when I nearly got killed by a hunter someone sent after me. Sometimes this game makes me realize what a huge dumb baby I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Oh man, I only just noticed, haters will grab weapons off the ground, or eat beasts if they're hurt and you back off them. I love this game.

• Locked thread