Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [13M] will accept nothing less than a 80 inch TV after my brother [17M] broke my old one. My mom laughed in my face.

A poetic juxtaposition, good post.
all my upvotes, sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ArbitraryC posted:

How big was the old tv?

This is 100% of the pertinent information so naturally it wasn't included.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Zelder posted:

I have a body that has been described as alien like is that close enough

How long has it been in your freezer

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
If I broke my sibs tv I'd probably buy them a new one but I would also laugh if it was like 25 inches. I just bought a 65 inch and it's huge, I can't even imagine 80 inches

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
No kid needs a TV that's bigger than they are. That, like eating candy all day and not having to do homework, is reserved for adults

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

I [13M] will accept nothing less than a 80 inch TV after my brother [17M] broke my old one. My mom laughed in my face.

ArbitraryC posted:

How big was the old tv?

a 80 inch TV

I think it's a 80 inch if the implication is correct, but knowing writers on the internet the wording could mean he just wants the biggest possible tv. 80 inches would be insane come to think of it unless his room is a sports bar.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Oh, sweet summer child.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Waterbed Wendy posted:

a 80 inch TV
I think it's a 80 inch if the implication is correct, but knowing writers on the internet the wording could mean he just wants the biggest possible tv. 80 inches would be insane come to think of it unless his room is a sports bar.
[13M] duder. Of course it ain't a loving 80".

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I hope the kid has a tiny room so the 80-inch TV would be full-wall, Fahrenheit-451-style.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

We need a fourth wall :qq:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"i will accept nothing less than" says 13 year old who at this stage in life is essentially property

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my favorite part is the tldr being longer than the post

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
By the way, I am actually really happy to have an avatar again, thanks rando!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
For people not into watching other people play video games: we are essentially people watching via text and then gossiping in this thread.

I'm not sure most people would see the appeal of post-based, imagination reliant, old lady gossip with internet strangers concerning strangers on another internet forum who make terrible life decisions.

Personally, I'm loving this poo poo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
gossip and drama are awesome especially when we are completely insulated from it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'm on the app, I assume your av has red text pick?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Red text and red heads ;)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ratjaculation posted:

Pick
Dec 30, 2016 00:40
Reg Date: Jul 19, 2009
as a child i would roll around on the floor whenever jean grey was on x-men evolution because she was so beautiful but i didn't have the concept of stimulating my genitals yet. having said this publicly i can now date anyone without guilt. namaste

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ratjaculation posted:

yes but also the beautiful jean grey from x-men evolution, my second childhood cartoon crush after eliza from gargoyles

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

"i will accept nothing less than" says 13 year old who at this stage in life is essentially property
See, I don't even see the point of that being a custom title.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

why did Jean Grey in evolution have that weird darker spot her nose? was it always dirty?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Ranma Fan Art posted:

Pick
Dec 30, 2016 00:40
Reg Date: Jul 19, 2009
as a child i would roll around on the floor whenever jean grey was on x-men evolution because she was so beautiful but i didn't have the concept of stimulating my genitals yet. having said this publicly i can now date anyone without guilt. namaste

This is interesting, I was the same but with prof X

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ratjaculation posted:

This is interesting, I was the same but with prof X

but he can't even walk or carry you over the threshold

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Ranma Fan Art posted:

but he can't even walk or carry you over the threshold

He can make you think he did tho...

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pvt.Scott posted:

oh gently caress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pvt.Scott posted:

woah

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

He could actually do it, with his mind, pretty sure he had the ability to levitate stuff/people with his mind, or maybe just jean did?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [29 F] fiance [28 M] has been giving me the cold shoulder since he admitted something hurtful. (together 11 years)

My fiance and I got into a stupid argument yesterday morning. After it had kind of tapered off, he snapped at me to hurry up so we could get going (I was supposed to drive him to pick up his car from the mechanic). I told him that we would leave once he dropped his attitude. He immediately went to 11 and told me that if I didn't drive him to get his car, he was leaving and he wouldn't be back, ever.

He's done this several times in the past few months (once on the morning of my bridal shower), so I brought it up to him. He admitted that he knows I have abandonment issues and that threatening to leave is a trigger for me, so he does it because he feels like it's the only way to "get respect" or "get me to do what he wants."

I'm left reeling from this for two reasons. One, the person who I've loved for the past 11 years just admitted that he purposefully does something he knows will hurt me in order to manipulate me into doing what he wants. Those were his almost exact words. And two, the fact that he says he does it to "get respect" tells me that he feels like I don't respect him. I feel backed into a corner on this because I honestly feel like I do nothing but respect and love him. When I asked him what I needed to change on my part, he couldn't give me an example.

Since that conversation yesterday afternoon, he's been ignoring me. Hasn't spoken to me or even looked at me since.

I feel used, manipulated, clingy, and frankly, like a doormat for even wanting him to pay attention to me at this point. I have no idea how to progress from here. He left for a planned lunch with his friend, and I have no idea how to approach this with him when he comes back. Is there even a way to get past this point for either of us?

tl;dr Fiance admitted that he uses my triggers (abandonment, stonewalling) that he learned about in our previous couples therapy sessions to get me to do what he wants and "get respect." Has been ignoring me since. Is this fixable? What would be the next steps?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

kick his rear end

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Junk punch him when he does this, it's the only logical response

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

MF_James posted:

He could actually do it, with his mind, pretty sure he had the ability to levitate stuff/people with his mind, or maybe just jean did?

Nope his power was just telepathy, I think once in a while some writer forgot and let him do other stuff but mainly he just makes you think you levitated

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jesus Christ that guy is a real piece of loving poo poo

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This guy almost has it all figured out

quote:

Me [33 M] with my Wife[31 F] of 5 years (together 10), I think she might be cheating

My wife, Claudia, was off of work for the day with our 2 kids (2 and 5), but told me she had made a nail appointment in the middle of the day, and that she'd drop the kids off with our sitter for the duration.

I wasn't supposed to come home from work that day because Claudia's work Holiday party was very close to my office, but my boss was feeling the spirit of the season and told me to leave early so that I could drive both Claudia and myself to the party and I could DD for her. I texted her the good news before I left the office later in the afternoon.

The weather had been rainy for the majority of the day, but had petered off to a light, patchy drizzle when I left for home. As I pulled into my driveway I saw my wife's car, but, oddly, I also saw a car shaped dry patch where I normally park. The rest of the driveway was soaked from the weather.

Not thinking too much about it, I casually asked if her best friend had brought over their kid for a playdate, which is a common occurrence. To my surprises, however, Claudia replied that no one had been there except for her and the kids.

I should mention that this is a neighborhood where it would be very weird for another a delivery person or a neighbor to park in someone elses driveway, and definitely not long enough for a spot to dry underneath their vehicle during the rain. So I pressed, and I asked who had come over, and cited the car shaped dry spot in the driveway as my evidence.

She became aggressive at this point, something I've noticed with her when she's being dishonest or trying to minimize something, and heatedly stated again that no one was over. She then asked if I was accusing her of lying, which I sidestepped answering before letting the issue drop. I didn't want to have a fight in front of the kids, and that's the way she was taking this conversation.

Since then I've yet to bring up the issue again, but I can't accept that there was no one over and that she lied to my face.

Here's my question... Sans further evidence, do I even approach her about this again, or do I have to wait for the next thing that appears 'off'? If I do start this conversation again, do I trust what she tells me? Is there something legal I can do that isn't super creepy to monitor what's going on with her?

EDIT 1 - I contacted the sitter. Kids were there an hour longer than I was told.

EDIT 2 - I saw her today at lunch and snooped her phone while she went to the restroom. On the day of, she has 9 calls from a single unnamed phone number. 2 of which happened while she was supposed to be at the Salon, 7 of which happened in a 10 minute period after I had left to drop off the kids with the grandparents before she and I went out.

1 call from from back in November when I was gone at a convention. Things not looking great.

EDIT 3 - I've had some DMs and a couple of comments below I think ask about this as well: Yes she's been working longer hours. At a job where she used to get home at 5-6pm, she's now routinely coming home at 7-7:30pm. She's said she's trying to hit a year end goal.

For those that are accusing me of blowing this out of proportion: No, I hadn't before questioned her explanation about staying late. Up until recently I've trusted what she tells me she's doing. I do question it now.

EDIT 4 - Googled the number. I have his name and address, which is <10 minutes from Claudia's workplace. Older man, wealthy, single. I'm going to continue researching; still only coincidental info, and nothing concrete.

All together it looks bad, but I'm holding onto the hope that this could still just be one giant misunderstanding. Optimism, and all that.

tl;dr: Found a dry spot in my driveway on a rainy day where I normally park. Wife says no one was there. Do I confront her again or take a different tactic?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the thing that makes no sense about twitch is all the top streamers are really boring/not entertaining. nobody's ever been able to explain how some of these peeps are at the top. drdisrespect is literally the only entertaining streamer that gets lots of viewers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I stopped reading right around here

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
just caught my gf of 4 years in our bed with another guy [22m] [22f]

so hey abit about myself im a 22 year old data base engineering i work crazy hours but its worth it i get payed pretty well i make about close to 7 grand pounds a month (ill get to why im mentioning that in a moment) soo a few hours ago i just caught my gf of 4 years in our bed with another guy (yea i know something straight out of a bad movie) she tryed to explain crying in fact staying the standard things "its because your never around" "i was lonely and confused" "you work to much" and you what i didn't feel anything i was not mad or upset i just did not feel anything which if you know me is strange i never keep things inside of me if you hosed up im calling you out on that poo poo. i got into my car and it was not until i was about a mile away from my flat that it hit like a ton of bricks i never really loved this girl at all. to put it simply she was kind of a bitch and im not just saying that cuz she cheated on me (well maybe a little) see im mixed raced black and asian and all my life ive tried my hardest not to be a stereotype which is why i got into uni when i was 17 kiss soo many asses to get a good job make sure i dated a posh girl that has been bought up with the good life to make sure i did not look low class in anyway, make sure i make enough to take care of her so i dont look cheap or lazy, make sure i dont sound too "black" or too "asian". seeing her in bed with some skinny prick made me really realise that ive never really done anything cuz ive wanted too i did it cuz i was thinking what other people would think and thats just depressing. i mean me and her dont even have anything in common(what type of heartless ice bitch does not like crispy creams :( ) anyway b4 this get to long just one last thing to anyone reading this i know you have most likely heard this tons of times but life is pretty short if you want something go get it or something is holding back or making you do something you dont what to cut that poo poo lose i sure as hell did.

ps. im single now lol so if anyone is London uk and wants to get drinks with a 6.4 mixed race lad hit me up :P

tl;dr: life is too short for real do what makes you happy

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

He probably means his height but I couldn't stop laughing at the idea that this guy rates himself a solid 6.4/10

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lone Goat posted:

He probably means his height but I couldn't stop laughing at the idea that this guy rates himself a solid 6.4/10

excuse me, attractiveness has two significant figures after the decimal

MF_James
May 8, 2008

quote:

see im mixed raced black and asian and all my life ive tried my hardest not to be a stereotype which is why i got into uni when i was 17 kiss soo many asses to get a good job make sure i dated a posh girl that has been bought up with the good life to make sure i did not look low class in anyway, make sure i make enough to take care of her so i dont look cheap or lazy, make sure i dont sound too "black" or too "asian

I don't even know what to say about this. Pretty sure this is some white dude that's all LOLBLACKASIANSAMIRITE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MF_James posted:

I don't even know what to say about this. Pretty sure this is some white dude that's all LOLBLACKASIANSAMIRITE?
Yeah, that entire post reads like a troll