Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm shocked and appalled that CIG would mislead the public with false claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I'm shocked---shocked!---to find out that scambling is going on here.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm shocked and appalled that CIG would mislead the public with false claims.

Working with misleading the public and false claims is CIGs successful business model since the SC project was funded/kickstarted and the stretchgoals were added, mate

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

I'm shocked---shocked!---to find out that scambling is going on here.

Here's your winnings from your scrambling sir!

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I'm just here to check up on you guys. I assume the release of the final version of Star Citizen and Squadron 42, as promised at the beginning of the year, must have hit all of you hard. I hope all of you are okay.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 29, 2016

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I'm just here to check up on you guys. I assume the release of the final version of Star Citizen and Squadron 42, as promised at the beginning of the year, must have hit all of you hard. I hope all of you are okay.

Well it turns out Beer was still in for $500 so he's been spreading that poo poo around. We basically own the PU now.

It's pretty great.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Well boys and girls. Looks like CIG will in fact survive into 2017. In honor of this, I'd like to thank CIG for allowing me to enjoy pc gaming when I don't play many pc games at all. I feel like this has been my favorite pc game in a long time. I hope that eventually it becomes my dream of a new Starflight because those were some awesome pc games.

I'm also looking forward to the Boxed DVD edition of Star Citizen so I can finally have enough DVDs to armor up an SUV in partially laser reflective material so when the aliens come down I will be almost impossible to stop on my travels to wal mart.

Thank you Star Citizen for helping me learn about video game development. I've played with Unreal but anything I've learned there is nothing compared to the mastery of being able to watch CIG in motion. It's like poetry.

Thank you backers for making this possible for me. For every $0 I've spent, you've added millions to it. Without your support I'd of probably never been interested in this game at all. It's your tenacity for willingly jumping into a scam that has me so excited about the future of this game.

Thank you Crytek for making an engine so flexible that everything can be built from it, and totally different companies doing totally different things can still combine their versions together to make a harmonious compilation with minimal errors that can be done over a weekend.

Thank you Chris Roberts for being the best developer who can take millions of dollars and convert it into a half functioning mod. Your dreams and blatant lies have helped me to understand that people really don't want to know the truth, they just want to blindly spend money. I hope your tenth vacation this year for Christmas was fantastic, and I hope all your low paid employees had to work hard over these holidays to properly keep up with your endless promises and lies. I hope your backer funded mansion was kept nice for you, and your custom Porsche you deserve is endlessly filled with the best grade of gas.

I look forward to 2017 and the enjoyment I'll get from not owning or ever playing this game.

Keep on doing what you're doing, CIG!

Or RSI because I'm really not sure which if the 14 or so shell companies is responsible for this today. :shobon:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

You are Christ Roberts; What would you do?

You are driving down Pacific coast highway in your limited edition Porsche when you round a corner to find a truck that was moving old tires as roll over and the tires have all caught on fire.

Do you -

A - Get out of your car and proceed to direct traffic with your hands.

B - Get your spare limited edition Porsche tyre out and throw it on the fire.

C - Put your black mask on and start to tickle the fire crews as they arrive.

D - Take a photo of the fire and send it to Kevin Costner with offer to make a movie of it with him staring in it.

E - Do some more lines of coke.

F - Yell "This is bullshit" and "Jus do it" then snigger like a 15 year old boy.

G - Approach the drivers of other cars that have stopped and tell them they should be sending you more gifts.

H - Book more studio time so you can re-motion capture Gary Oldman as a tyre fire.

I - Start a cult.

J - Relive the glory of CitizenCon and blow and spit all over the fire as though it was a cake.

K - Wake up cos it was all just a dream.

L - All of the above.

This 'You are Christ Roberts; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDCRSE.

Thank you.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

You are Christ Roberts; What would you do?

You are driving down Pacific coast highway in your limited edition Porsche when you round a corner to find a truck that was moving old tires as roll over and the tires have all caught on fire.

Do you -

A - Get out of your car and proceed to direct traffic with your hands.

B - Get your spare limited edition Porsche tyre out and throw it on the fire.

C - Put your black mask on and start to tickle the fire crews as they arrive.

D - Take a photo of the fire and send it to Kevin Costner with offer to make a movie of it with him staring in it.

E - Do some more lines of coke.

F - Yell "This is bullshit" and "Jus do it" then snigger like a 15 year old boy.

G - Approach the drivers of other cars that have stopped and tell them they should be sending you more gifts.

H - Book more studio time so you can re-motion capture Gary Oldman as a tyre fire.

I - Start a cult.

J - Relive the glory of CitizenCon and blow and spit all over the fire as though it was a cake.

K - Wake up cos it was all just a dream.

L - All of the above.

This 'You are Christ Roberts; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDCRSE.

Thank you.

I like this, but I feel like there needs to be:

M - Do all of the selfish stuff. (More coke for me, no getting out to help anybody)

Maybe I'm wrong, but Chris Roberts doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would help anybody. Kind of sad. I think he'd throw away a sandwich still good and wrapped up instead of give it to somebody starving right next to the garbage can. :shrug:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Chris roberts has helped many nerds understand what it is to scam

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Titanic posted:

I like this, but I feel like there needs to be:

M - Do all of the selfish stuff. (More coke for me, no getting out to help anybody)

Maybe I'm wrong, but Chris Roberts doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would help anybody. Kind of sad. I think he'd throw away a sandwich still good and wrapped up instead of give it to somebody starving right next to the garbage can. :shrug:

And if that starving person dug it out and choked on the sandwich, then, hey, it's not in the ToS.

Caveat vorator! *speeds off into the sunset*

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 30, 2016

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

You are Derek Smart; What would you do?

You are driving down I95 highway in your Tesla when you round a corner to find a truck that was moving old tires as roll over and the tires have all caught on fire.

Do you -

A - Get out of your car and proceed to doxx the driver, the drivers family, the drivers family's dog and the dog that that dog plays with in the park.

B - Send out a tweet about now this tyre fire will never work and it's impossible.

C - Proceed to get out and approach that fire with your fire extinguisher but stop and tell everyone you can't yet use it until you have heard back from legal .

D - Let it fucken finish.

E - Don't order pizza.

F - Yell "This is 100% garrantied to end in legal action"

G - Hop out of your car but as one of the many alts you use and then tell everyone how right Derek is.

H - Compare the tyre fire unfavorable to Line of Defence

I - Start a Warband.

J - Refure anyone that will listen, that this was all already in your July Blog post.

K - Don't care about it at all cos it has nothing to do with Star Citizen and Chris Roberts.

L - Have your Tesla transform in to a Derekbot and destroy the fire with long winded 'points' and 'logic'.

This 'You are Derek Smart; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDDSSE.

Thank you.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

lol

It doesn't show what he's saying it does.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Kosumo posted:

You are driving down I95 highway in your Tesla when you round a corner to find a truck that was moving old tires as roll over and the tires have all caught on fire.

Do you -

A - Get out of your car and proceed to doxx the driver, the drivers family, the drivers family's dog and the dog that that dog plays with in the park.

B - Send out a tweet about now this tyre fire will never work and it's impossible.

C - Proceed to get out and approach that fire with your fire extinguisher but stop and tell everyone you can't yet use it until you have heard back from legal .

E - Don't order pizza.

G - Hop out of your car but as one of the many alts you use and then tell everyone how right Derek is.

I - Start a Warband.

J - Refure anyone that will listen, that this was all already in your July Blog post.

K - Don't care about it at all cos it has nothing to do with Star Citizen and Chris Roberts.

L - Have your Tesla transform in to a Derekbot and destroy the fire with long winded 'points' and 'logic'.

This 'You are Derek Smart; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDDSSE.

Thank you.

This. All of it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Titanic posted:

Well boys and girls. Looks like CIG will in fact survive into 2017. In honor of this, I'd like to thank CIG for allowing me to enjoy pc gaming when I don't play many pc games at all. I feel like this has been my favorite pc game in a long time. I hope that eventually it becomes my dream of a new Starflight because those were some awesome pc games.

I'm also looking forward to the Boxed DVD edition of Star Citizen so I can finally have enough DVDs to armor up an SUV in partially laser reflective material so when the aliens come down I will be almost impossible to stop on my travels to wal mart.

Thank you Star Citizen for helping me learn about video game development. I've played with Unreal but anything I've learned there is nothing compared to the mastery of being able to watch CIG in motion. It's like poetry.

Thank you backers for making this possible for me. For every $0 I've spent, you've added millions to it. Without your support I'd of probably never been interested in this game at all. It's your tenacity for willingly jumping into a scam that has me so excited about the future of this game.

Thank you Crytek for making an engine so flexible that everything can be built from it, and totally different companies doing totally different things can still combine their versions together to make a harmonious compilation with minimal errors that can be done over a weekend.

Thank you Chris Roberts for being the best developer who can take millions of dollars and convert it into a half functioning mod. Your dreams and blatant lies have helped me to understand that people really don't want to know the truth, they just want to blindly spend money. I hope your tenth vacation this year for Christmas was fantastic, and I hope all your low paid employees had to work hard over these holidays to properly keep up with your endless promises and lies. I hope your backer funded mansion was kept nice for you, and your custom Porsche you deserve is endlessly filled with the best grade of gas.

I look forward to 2017 and the enjoyment I'll get from not owning or ever playing this game.

Or RSI because I'm really not sure which if the 14 or so shell companies is responsible for this today. :shobon:

A Good Post.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

cool new Polack jokes posted:

lol

It doesn't show what he's saying it does.

It does. It's just what he's saying it illustrates is completely meaningless.

He's basically saying "This isn't a painting, it's a full history of every brush stroke I made on the canvas". Which is true, but it doesn't change anything.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

You are Goons; What would you do?

You are driving down the information highway in your shopping trolly when you round a corner to find a truck that was moving old tires as roll over and the tires have all caught on fire.

Do you -

A - Get out of your trolly and proceed to make a circle around it while all holding hands and singing Goon-di-ya.

B - Photoshop some orphans onto it.

C - Hop out of the trolly and proceed to lie on the ground in comedic homosexual poses while claiming to be dead.

D - Go to doxx the fire only to be reminded by Fyad to "Don't Do what Derek Does!".

E - Claim this is surly the end of CiG.

F - Yell at the fire and tell it it is poo poo and that's not a meltdown, you want to see a real meltdown, you need to see Branson.

G - Inform the fire that we are glad that it's family is dead and then start to toast some bread on it.

H - Give it :five: and tell everyone you would pet.

I - Attempt to jump it in the shopping trolly ..... backwards ..... while doing a flip ..... and debating the finer points of cooking in cast iorn frying pans.

J - Get pgabz to edit the config file and then just clip though it.

K - Tane.

L - None of the above or anything else even, ever.

This 'You are Goons; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDGSE.

Thank you.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 30, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kosumo posted:

Do you -

E - Don't order pizza.

I - Start a Warband.

Thank you.

All of the above. Because why the gently caress not?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

:perfect:

ps: I'm looking for a crew members for my Caterpillar.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hey guys, I've just found out that CIG have upgraded Crysis 2 to use the Star Citizen legacy engine! It's a big deal I promise.

Here, I drew a picture to illustrate it:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kosumo posted:

You are driving down the information highway in your shopping trolly when you round a corner to find a truck that was moving old tires as roll over and the tires have all caught on fire.

Do you -

A - Get out of your trolly and proceed to make a circle around it while all holding hands and singing Goon-di-ya.

C - Hop out of the trolly and proceed to lie on the ground in comedic homosexual poses while claiming to be dead.

D - Go to doxx the fire only to be reminded by Fyad to "Don't Do what Derek Does!".

F - Yell at the fire and tell it it is poo poo and that's not a meltdown, you want to see a real meltdown, you need to see Branson.

G - Inform the fire that we are glad that it's family is dead and then start to toast some bread on it.

I - Attempt to jump it in the shopping trolly ..... backwards ..... while doing a flip ..... and debating the finer points of cooking in cast iorn frying pans.

K - Tane.

This 'You are Goons; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDGSE.

Thank you.

Nice work. Do Lesnick please.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I'm putting some funds together to get a mile carton created with moma's name and picture on it. If you'd like to contribute, please send me a pm.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Come on

Take my little branch

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Kosumo posted:

Do you -

K - Tane.

Thank you.

K - Tane.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Kosumo posted:

You forgot parping and playing kazoo at it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kosumo posted:

Do you -

K - Tane.

Thank you.

I read this to the tune of Fitter Happier.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Kosumo posted:

Do you -

E - Don't order pizza.

I - Start a Warband.

Thank you.

N - Add the fire to he ignore list

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Interesting.
Considering someone linked a vid recently with the helmets in a ship reflecting the skybox outside a ship, because they've simply got a reflection map slapped on.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/813920807332225024
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/814088235529990144
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/814554048628195329
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/814585916664774658

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://clips.twitch.tv/anchor654/AlertVultureSmoocherZ

just lol

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

She doesn't seem convinced. drat, these Darek alts are becoming more and more elaborate.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:20bux: says this man never read Capital.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:gary:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Oh....My whole concept of the intent of that image was wrong. Thanks.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

I am Ben's impending cardiac arrest

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kosumo posted:

Do you -

K - Tane.

Thank you.

I - cast iron pans are dope and so is doing stupid dangerous poo poo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone seen Tarkaroshe lately? I've kind of missed his insufferably smug idiocy.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone seen Tarkaroshe lately? I've kind of missed his insufferably smug idiocy.

Nope. Curiously, since the LY fiasco dropped, both him and MoMA seem to have disappeared. Coincidence? hmmmm

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Kosumo posted:

Do you -

K - Tane.

Thank you.

M: :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Curiously, since the LY fiasco dropped, both him and MoMA seem to have disappeared stopped getting CIG checks.

Fixed.

e: tax