Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

I didn't see anyone here trying to make that point. (Did I miss it?) So who are you arguing with?

I'm arguing with the 2-3 people that immediately scoffed at the idea of an armed rebellion against the US gov't but the points were made and now the sidebar is done with as far as I can tell, except for people now just annoyed that some actual conversation happened back and forth.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

please do not continue to engage w/ moridin's retarded rear end

I love how a thread has some circlejerk poo poo happening and someone pops in just to make a point and suddenly everyone hates that they're breaking up the wank party of "lol the gov't shoulda just bombed those idiots!"

get bent lol nothing I said was retarded even if you don't necessarily agree with everything I've said and you don't need to be pointlessly hostile

e: If you hadn't noticed I stopped posting about it until you wanted to whine about it.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 23:00 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

get bent lol nothing I said was retarded even if you don't necessarily agree with everything I've said and you don't need to be pointlessly hostile

You badly misunderstood the nature of the relationship the framers of the constitution had with armed force and their complicated attitudes towards militia vs. standing armies, as well as the important differences between those two as understood in the late 18th century.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Not to derail this thrilling tangent about the 2nd amendment, but why does Baloogan's rap sheet make it appear he has been giving himself probations for a while now?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Moridin920 posted:

I'm arguing with the 2-3 people that immediately scoffed at the idea of an armed rebellion against the US gov't but the points were made and now the sidebar is done with as far as I can tell, except for people now just annoyed that some actual conversation happened back and forth.

I love how a thread has some circlejerk poo poo happening and someone pops in just to make a point and suddenly everyone hates that they're breaking up the wank party of "lol the gov't shoulda just bombed those idiots!"

e: If you hadn't noticed I stopped posting about it until you wanted to whine about it.

Nobody said the government should have bombed them actually

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nobody said the government should have bombed them actually

oh i guess i must have just imagined every time people said that in the last couple hundred pages carry on then :downs:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You badly misunderstood the nature of the relationship the framers of the constitution had with armed force and their complicated attitudes towards militia vs. standing armies, as well as the important differences between those two as understood in the late 18th century.

I may have misunderstood their feelings on militias (in that I didn't realize they made a distinction between a standing army and a state militia) but I don't think it really makes my general point wrt the second amendment or the founder's feelings about a government's authority being derived from the people who can revoke said authority wrong. Even aside from the Declaration of Independence where it is spelled out as such, there are many quotes from the founders referring to such (like the Jefferson tree of liberty quote).

And, like I have said twice now, the Supreme Court of the United States said in a 2008 decision that gun control is important specifically so that people have the ability to resist tyranny. Like they literally wrote that in a majority decision so I feel like there's something to the notion and I'm not just pulling poo poo out of my butthole that stopped being relevant hundreds of years ago.

e: I did like your post re the militias though, but it wasn't really some major pillar to my argument. The founders make it pretty clear they support the people's right to rebel against tyranny :shrug:

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 23:17 on Dec 29, 2016

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Not to derail this thrilling tangent about the 2nd amendment, but why does Baloogan's rap sheet make it appear he has been giving himself probations for a while now?

He does that from time to time, which I think is a better indication that we made the right choice in making him an IK. One time he got told mods/IKs couldn't probate themselves and he drunkenly replied "gently caress YOU YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO" and then probated himself, which was hilarious.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He does that from time to time, which I think is a better indication that we made the right choice in making him an IK. One time he got told mods/IKs couldn't probate themselves and he drunkenly replied "gently caress YOU YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO" and then probated himself, which was hilarious.

I'm going to picture him shouting "AM I BEING DETAINED?" at his monitor, clicking the probate button, and then chuckling in satisfaction.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

I may have misunderstood their feelings on militias (in that I didn't realize they made a distinction between a standing army and a state militia)

Are you really blaming the founders for your own inability to understand the meaning "militia" has consistently held for over three hundred years?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Moridin920 posted:

I'm arguing with the 2-3 people that immediately scoffed at the idea of an armed rebellion against the US gov't

Did those people you're allegedly arguing with also try to justify disarming people?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Main Paineframe posted:

Are you really blaming the founders for your own inability to understand the meaning "militia" has consistently held for over three hundred years?

hm no that's not really what happened. I took a quote specifically about how standing armies are a threat to liberty and assumed they also applied it to militias which have many of the same characteristics as a 'standing army' (esp since at the time there was no standing federal army really and it was up to states) but apparently not

See this is kind of another example of some SA circlejerk poo poo lol. So quick to jump on the anti-Mori bandwagon that you don't realize the statement "this word has kept the consistent same definition for over 300 years" is kind of absurd on its face.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Moridin920 posted:

I may have misunderstood their feelings on militias (in that I didn't realize they made a distinction between a standing army and a state militia)

The founders make it pretty clear they support the people's right to rebel against tyranny :shrug:

Moridin920 posted:

See this is kind of another example of some SA circlejerk poo poo lol. So quick to jump on the anti-Mori bandwagon that you don't realize the statement "this word has kept the consistent same definition for over 300 years" is kind of absurd on its face.

lmao :qq:

ok back on ignore for you cya

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

hm no that's not really what happened. I took a quote specifically about how standing armies are a threat to liberty and assumed they also applied it to militias which have many of the same characteristics as a 'standing army' (esp since at the time there was no standing federal army really and it was up to states) but apparently not

"militia" does not mean "standing army" now, and it didn't mean "standing army" 300 years ago

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

Did those people you're allegedly arguing with also try to justify disarming people?

To be fair not as such but usually the next step from this:

BlackIronHeart posted:

I really wonder what these militia chickenfuckers think about the governments ability to send a Hellfire missile through the roof of whatever shithole they're inhabiting in the same amount of time it would take for a pizza to be delivered. Like, yeah, you've got a bunch of rifles and pistols and shotguns and maybe some improvised pipebombs or whatever but they'll blow up the building before you even know death is coming. How do they keep up any sense of bravado in the face of that? I guess that's why they keep kids around.

Main Paineframe posted:

They think that if the government did something like that to white self-proclaimed patriots, gun owners all over the nation would rise up in revolt against the government, the military and National Guard and local sheriffs would all stand aside and refuse to put down the rebellion, the government would be forced to step down and be replaced by libertarians somehow, and in the end they would all be revered as heroic martyrs who died Making America Great Again.

is

"stupid rednecks and their stupid gun fetish, we should enact gun control!"

If that wasn't the insinuation then my bad I guess but it does seem like a very popular segue into a "and that's why we don't need guns anymore!"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lmao :qq:

ok back on ignore for you cya

Idk if there's any more of a self own than "I can't handle your posts or make a reasonable response to them that isn't just an emoji or insult so I'm going to put you on an ignore list."

giant pussy baby lol

e: and your rap sheet is even more dumbfuck than mine haha

Main Paineframe posted:

"militia" does not mean "standing army" now, and it didn't mean "standing army" 300 years ago

Alright bro my bad I made a mistake. So fuckin' what? It doesn't invalidate my argument does it? Like what exactly is your point here with this anymore.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
TBH, that sounds like you're arguing against imaginary goons making hypothetical statments then.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Moridin920 posted:

A more accurate summation would be "sure, keep your guns but don't expect them to actually make a difference if you decide to go toe to toe with the federal government."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

TBH, that sounds like you're arguing against imaginary goons here.

If so then my bad. I've probably just seen this exact argument go down in many gun control threads and got ahead of myself.

TotalLossBrain posted:

I was one of the 2-3 that laughed at the idea of armed rebellion as you put it. I think that the 2nd amendment is cool & good for self defense, hunting, sports, whatever. But I also think that the "so I can revolt against the government" justification for it is far outdated and indeed silly.

That's all.

Well then we disagree and that's okay. I just wanted to give my reasoning and point out some recent events in which civilians overcame a vastly technologically superior force. :shrug:

It's not like the SCOTUS hasn't ever made a strange decision before.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Dec 29, 2016

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

murder all rednecks, imo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

CommunistPancake posted:

murder all rednecks, imo

republicans will prolly make oxy easier to get again via healthcare fuckery while cutting disability

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

republicans will prolly make oxy easier to get again via healthcare fuckery while cutting disability

That would actually help the heroin OD crisis that plagues part of the country because poo poo's getting cut with fentanyl and carfentanil.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Moridin920 posted:

You don't have to waste electrons defending helpless weaponry: gun control is a doomed issue in America for at least another generation.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mr. Nice! posted:

That would actually help the heroin OD crisis that plagues part of the country because poo poo's getting cut with fentanyl and carfentanil.

idk it's not like an opiate addiction is a stable and consistent thing that can be answered w/ a prescription

i mean sure plenty got pushed to the black market when the scripts dried up but they pulled back on oxy and the like in the first place b/c so many (white, old) people were dyin from it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
oxy reps: "lol y'all can prescribe our Ultimate Pleasure Drug safely forever it can't hurt you"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
guys when I said go Waco I said that for a reason, namely that it lies within acceptable Federal powers

y'all are crazy sometimes

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

idk it's not like an opiate addiction is a stable and consistent thing that can be answered w/ a prescription

i mean sure plenty got pushed to the black market when the scripts dried up but they pulled back on oxy and the like in the first place b/c so many (white, old) people were dyin from it

I'm totally with you, but an influx of actual metered drugs into society would basically cut off the heroin ODs. You then have the problems that loose opiate prescriptions have inherent to them, but I think that's an easier row to hoe. Basically by cutting off the hillbilly heroin fountain cold turkey people were forced onto the black market. Heroin is easier to get than oxy now in most places with the added bonus of possible lethality from a single dose.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Doc Hawkins posted:

You don't have to waste electrons defending helpless weaponry: gun control is a doomed issue in America for at least another generation.

It won't stop lovely democrats from killing their party over it though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Actually if we could find an opoid that only kills white trash we could improve the country overnight.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Casimir Radon posted:

Actually if we could find an opoid that only kills white trash we could improve the country overnight.

Ooo, a brave new-world of racist drugs. Very progressive.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm totally with you, but an influx of actual metered drugs into society would basically cut off the heroin ODs. You then have the problems that loose opiate prescriptions have inherent to them, but I think that's an easier row to hoe. Basically by cutting off the hillbilly heroin fountain cold turkey people were forced onto the black market. Heroin is easier to get than oxy now in most places with the added bonus of possible lethality from a single dose.

and to your point the black market is absolutely insane w/ things like carfentanyl, particularly in rural areas (esp rural canada for some reason)

it blows me away that that stuff is around at all. let me see if i can dig up that post about some junkie just handling it and nearly dying

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Casimir Radon posted:

eugenics is cool and good I guess

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

VikingSkull posted:

eugenics is cool and good I guess

Actually, no!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

whew thanks for the reality check that was a close one

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
here we go

big cock Salaryman posted:

So I won't go into detail but a while ago I ended up obtaining a few mg of the king of all opioids, pure Carfentanil off I'm sure you know where.
Obviously knowing how dangerous this drug is I attempted to be careful about handling it once it arrived, although as I soon discovered, I wasn't careful enough.
It arrived early one morning and I was quite amazed it made it to Australia, as we are supposed to have the strictest border security in the world. I was very excited as the amount I had ordered would surely satisfy my opioid cravings for many lifetimes. I immediately went to my local pharmacy and purchased latex gloves and a needle-less syringe. I got dressed in long pants and a long sleeved hoodie, put on my hairnet and glasses, tied multiple scarfs and bandanas around my face and you know essentially got into my ghetto breaking bad attire.
I very carefully opened the letter and pulled out the bag, nearly shaking with excitement and anxiety. I measured out 10mg and diluted it into 1l of water, which should in theory give me 10ug's per ml of water. I closed up the bottle and put everything away and went to sort out my morning activities before I was going to test it.
About 30 minutes later (before trying it!) I was in a conversation with my landlord when I realised I felt sick and was noticeably having multiple heart palpitations. I excused myself and walked back to my apartment, feeling quite faint. I sat down for a minute evaluating what the gently caress had happened. How did I manage to do this? Was my makeshift hazmat suit not enough to shield me from this stuff? I collapsed onto my bed.
I lay there realising I had nearly lost the ability to move. My heart was beating extremely slow (40-50bpm in a dude with a normal pulse of 100), it felt like it was going to fail any minute. It was a struggle to breathe, I had to remind myself every 30 seconds or so to do it while I was desperately fighting the extremely intense nod. I could finally see why they sedate elephants with this poo poo, this wasn't heroin, I was completely paralysed.
I lay there for about 4 hours without even being able to lift my head in a state of panicked tranquility. It felt amazing but I knew if I passed out I would surely stop breathing and the intense slow heart rate and skipped beats made my chest very very uncomfortable. I wanted to call an ambulance but I legitimately couldn't move my arms. poo poo, I could barely breathe.
It was about this time my friend entered the room as I had left the door open in hopes someone would find me in case I legitimately overdosed. He tried talking to me but all I could manage to say was a mumble about how sick I felt. He knew I had ordered this stuff but he had no idea what it was so I think he just assumed I was tripping balls. He just said I'll close your door so no one steals your poo poo and left. Great, now no chance of rescue.
Another few hours went by when I finally gained control of my neck muscles and managed to prop my head against the wall. It continued on like this for nearly 8 more hours, slowly regaining control of my body until I could sit up and move around. I couldn't stand up at all without becoming extremely dizzy and collapsing back onto my bed so I kinda just leaned over the side of it waiting to throw up but it never ended up happening.
It legitimately took about a day before I regained my full motor skills and 3 days before my heart rate was back to normal. Its been a month now and the bottle of solution is still in my fridge, having never been tried as I know all I need to do to dose myself is simply breathe near it.
On the bright side this has put me off opiates for a while. But seriously guys, I'm sure you know this but don't go near Carfentanil without a barrel of Narcan and a legitimate loving spacesuit on. Only elephants can have fun with this stuff.

cya later oxy-addicted hicks

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

VikingSkull posted:

whew thanks for the reality check that was a close one

Always there for you.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
realtalk I had oxy's a bunch when I had back issues and that poo poo rules but yeah like don't do stuff like that on the reg

though having done it I can understand the issues with it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Moridin920 posted:

The second amendment literally cites the need for militias why would they do that

You stupid moron

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

here we go

cya later oxy-addicted hicks

Tbf to tcc that's a reddit post

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

VikingSkull posted:

realtalk I had oxy's a bunch when I had back issues and that poo poo rules but yeah like don't do stuff like that on the reg

though having done it I can understand the issues with it

heroin is a cut above, idk if going back to oxy would work as well as theyre ayin

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Tbf to tcc that's a reddit post

oh no we wouldn't want to impugn the honor of the opiate thread and their mission of arm reduction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

heroin is a cut above, idk if going back to oxy would work as well as theyre ayin

it depends on the method of intake really, snorting both is around the same from what I've read (I only ate mine and never did heroin so I dunno)

now Opana's, whoa nelly that was the good poo poo