Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i love that in response to an article that oculus management is a kiddy fucker you think he should instead be beheaded for the crime of hand-specific controllers.

loving goons man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gross Dude posted:

At what point does it become entrapment? I'm not defending the dude at all, but if the officer starts off saying that she's 19 and switches it to 15 isn't that getting closer to the entrapment line?

Still not seeing the problem

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Still not seeing the problem

It's a problem if he gets off.

Not like that.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Sappo569 posted:

They're doing gods work , is that the video where the guy threatens them with a gun?

Like yeah you're being an utter rear end in a top hat trying to avoid traffic by driving on a foot path , then you compound it by pulling out a gun on those that dare to stand in your way .... on said foot path

I'm mobile so can't load the video

No, that's this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jGNd4Deys

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Ball hit,

with sound,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK3tjcdLfKc

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Mike Nesmith has no chill...

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

FCKGW posted:

i love that in response to an article that oculus management is a kiddy fucker you think he should instead be beheaded for the crime of hand-specific controllers.

loving goons man

Who said that?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

loving goons man

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

im pooping! posted:

loving goons man

Not recommended by the Surgeon General.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

the worst superhero

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

FCKGW posted:

loving goons man

You posted this over exaggerated bullshit with a username that references a pirated operating system CD key.

And I recognized that key.

What I am saying is, we belong dead.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

aardwolf posted:

You posted this over exaggerated bullshit with a username that references a pirated operating system CD key.

Hah, that has been bugging me for a long time. I knew I recognized it, but couldn't for the life of me remember what from.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Enough about kiddy-loving. The real scourge here is software piracy, guys.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Clitch posted:

Enough about kiddy-loving. The real scourge here is software piracy, guys.

Honestly? That's what you're pretending is happening here?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They should've tied the thing to his head.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

This sort of thing interests me. What are the chances the dipshit could successfully sue the driver?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Outrail posted:

This sort of thing interests me. What are the chances the dipshit could successfully sue the driver?

Anyone can bring suit. Zero chance he'd win, if that's what you mean.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Gross Dude posted:

At what point does it become entrapment? I'm not defending the dude at all, but if the officer starts off saying that she's 19 and switches it to 15 isn't that getting closer to the entrapment line?

Entrapment is when an individual is led into committing a crime. This isn't entrapment because he chose not to say "gently caress no" when the other party asked if her actually being 15 was okay and instead proceeded to buy condoms and so on with the anticipation of loving a teenager.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Outrail posted:

Sadly, it's pretty much guaranteed the suit would be successful. One of the first cases you learn in law school is about a 5 year old child who moves a chair right before a lady tries to sit down in it. The lady sues the kid's family for damages and succeeds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garratt_v._Dailey

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

flosofl posted:

Anyone can bring suit. Zero chance he'd win, if that's what you mean.

What if he says the driver entrapped him?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Stex T posted:

Sadly, it's pretty much guaranteed the suit would be successful. One of the first cases you learn in law school is about a 5 year old child who moves a chair right before a lady tries to sit down in it. The lady sues the kid's family for damages and succeeds.

Huh. Wonder how injured she was.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Stex T posted:

That is not at all the same thing.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh. Wonder how injured she was.

From what I remember, pretty badly; it exacerbated some preexisting spinal injury and she had no insurance.

Bad enough where she decided it would be appropriate and cool to sue a 5 year old, anyways.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Stex T posted:

Bad enough where she decided it would be appropriate and cool to sue a 5 year old, anyways.

This is basically any time I go to a restaurant, so any actual injury wouldn't take much

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Stex T posted:

From what I remember, pretty badly; it exacerbated some preexisting spinal injury and she had no insurance.

It's always hard to remember a lot of these lawsuits that sound really dumb come from ordinary people that have to sue to survive.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Stex T posted:

Didn't she sue so their homeowners insurance would pay out for her medical? Like, it wasn't acrimonious?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

wouldnt the suing of the family just free up payment from home owners insurance?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Who said that?

Sponge Baathist posted:

We should pass a law that beheads VR developers who release motion controllers 2 years after system release. cockulus is a bad VR platform and the controllers are ugly and hand-specific I.E. bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aerdan posted:

Entrapment is when an individual is led into committing a crime. This isn't entrapment because he chose not to say "gently caress no" when the other party asked if her actually being 15 was okay and instead proceeded to buy condoms and so on with the anticipation of loving a teenager.

yea entrapment is super narrow and usually revolves around 'I was literally MADE to do this by a law enforcement person and now for some reason they arrested me' kinda stuff. There's no chance of that because nothing made him keep going after her when she said 'I'm 15', he could have just done what a normal person would and said 'haha woah nevermind then, you really shouldn't do that poo poo' and bail.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

don't quote me boy 'cause I ain't said poo poo

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
I like little visualizations for words I had to remember like entrapment. I picture a guy in a room where he can get out only by breaking a wall (a law). Being placed in that room by law enforcement means you're entrapped. If there's a door and you break a wall, you're going to jail.

Now ask me how I remember what expedient means!

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Didn't she sue so their homeowners insurance would pay out for her medical? Like, it wasn't acrimonious?

That was another woman who's nephew at his 8th birthday party greeted her so zealously she injured her wrist and the homeowners insurance wouldn't cover it unless there was a court record or something. As far as I know it wasn't a suit for damages from her nephew's family and there was a mutual understanding amongst all parties that it definitely wasn't acrimonious.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

The pan to the guy fishing at the end is absolutely amazing.

The media has dubbed him a "Aussie legend" and "the Aussiest man alive" and he announced this morning he'll be running for PM.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Grem posted:

I like little visualizations for words I had to remember like entrapment. I picture a guy in a room where he can get out only by breaking a wall (a law). Being placed in that room by law enforcement means you're entrapped. If there's a door and you break a wall, you're going to jail.

Now ask me how I remember what expedient means!

My friend used to remember people's names by associating them with an object

Like rose for Mrs. Rose , or a pile of poo poo for me

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

My friend used to remember people's names by associating them with an object

Like rose for Mrs. Rose , or a pile of poo poo for me
That's why I really like avatars. To me, you're just "Lumberjack biting fish". And I'm ok with that.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Gorilla Salad posted:

They actually found a guy who had lost both his legs and had a great sense of humour.
Years ago at a boy scout camp one of the older counselors did that sort of thing too. He lost both legs and one arm in an accident as a kid and as an adult joined a Civil War reenacting group -- he would hide behind the canons until they took a "hit" from the other side's canons, then flop out into view covered in fake blood and be carted off to die in the first aid tent in front of all the spectators. :lol:

Dude also supposedly bow hunted by pulling the string back with his teeth.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

the hilarious crying about Donald Trump continues :getin:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

the hilarious crying about Donald Trump continues :getin:

I feel bad that her daughter is going to have to grow up being the adult in the relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Krispy Kareem posted:

That 'To Catch a Predator' show had some follow-up episodes on MSNBC or one of the lesser NBC channels and the number of guys who actually got charged and convicted was pretty low. They didn't go into details, so maybe the D.A.'s just loved offering plea deals, but I think even that show teased very close to entrapment and they were pretty upfront about the ages of their bait.