Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Man, do people queue up solely for Athiss these days? I think 80% of the fps I've done have been Athiss, and they consistently wipe on the beast until someone drops and we can bring in a healer companion, which makes it a breeze.

How the heck do you die on the beast, I've never ever had a wipe on Athiss that didn't relate to "Ugh let's skip these patrolling Sith guys, oh no, someone pulled them running back, we're all dead."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Man, do people queue up solely for Athiss these days? I think 80% of the fps I've done have been Athiss, and they consistently wipe on the beast until someone drops and we can bring in a healer companion, which makes it a breeze.

That's the one with Vodal Kresh and the fireballs, right? If so, how can you wipe on the Beast? Worst that's ever happened when I've done it is getting hit by the knockback hard and having to run all the way back.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Athiss is by far the quickest Flashpoint to run, so I wouldn't be surprised. The "Do a flashpoint via Group Finder" reward is only like 20 command xp so why not just pick the easiest one? It's the same reason you will keep seeing Fractured when you start doing uprisings.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

A Curvy Goonette posted:

The Beast is a cakewalk if your tank remembers to turn him towards the wall.

Which is probably why so many groups have trouble :sigh:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Athiss is by far the quickest Flashpoint to run, so I wouldn't be surprised. The "Do a flashpoint via Group Finder" reward is only like 20 command xp so why not just pick the easiest one? It's the same reason you will keep seeing Fractured when you start doing uprisings.

It helps that Fractured only has one boss fight and half of it can be skipped.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Yes and no. Your rotation is still pretty much the same as it always was, but they removed a bunch of abilities that you weren't supposed to be using anyway. Which sucks because I enjoyed rocket punching people with my Merc and stabbing people with my sniper every once in a while, but people though it was too complex.

I was just talking about this last night on Discord. My Gunslinger Smuggler can't kick people in the nuts anymore and it has kinda killed the enjoyment I was getting out of the Smug story. Like, they replaced it with Below The Belt, which is ranged, but it's such a short range attack it practically might as well be melee. And I'd rather kick a dude in the nuts than shoot his dick any day of the week.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Started playing this again, since I was in the mood for some Star Wars, but I can't get a referral link to work. I know my email is linked to my account, but it keeps saying my account is not eligible. Any thoughts I why it's not working, or should I just ask Support?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

That's a thing that happens for reasons sometimes. Switch it to a different email and then back to the one you want.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Started playing this again, since I was in the mood for some Star Wars, but I can't get a referral link to work. I know my email is linked to my account, but it keeps saying my account is not eligible. Any thoughts I why it's not working, or should I just ask Support?

You've been unsubscribed for at least 90 days, right?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

rantmo posted:

That's a thing that happens for reasons sometimes. Switch it to a different email and then back to the one you want.

Okay, I'll try that.

Medullah posted:

You've been unsubscribed for at least 90 days, right?

Yeah. I haven't played in 2 or 3 years.

On another note, I vaguely remember TORhead or something having affection gains for your companions during various missions. I know dulfy has influence gains for the new expansions, but does any other site have stuff for the old missions? Not that big of a deal, but I liked using it to choose a companion.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Taran_Wanderer posted:

On another note, I vaguely remember TORhead or something having affection gains for your companions during various missions. I know dulfy has influence gains for the new expansions, but does any other site have stuff for the old missions? Not that big of a deal, but I liked using it to choose a companion.

You can look up the mission on torcommunity and they have expandable conversation trees that show influence gains for dialogue choices: https://torcommunity.com/database/search/mission/.

Not sure if anywhere else has a more convenient guide.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Okay, I'll try that.

Yeah. I haven't played in 2 or 3 years.

It's worth noting that companions gain influence now even when they dislike your choices. The worst thing you can do is take a companion who doesn't react at all, but you gain influence points when they approve and disapprove.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What's with dark/lightside points now? You get a tiny amount for everything but need an insane amount to gain even one level.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Oh, you need a shitload for each level but now they've added a shitload of things that give you a little bit of points.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No wonder those Light/Dark V relics are so cheap on the marketplace, who's ever going to be able to use them?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The old methods aren't gone either, I don't think.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

sassassin posted:

No wonder those Light/Dark V relics are so cheap on the marketplace, who's ever going to be able to use them?

Those relics are dirt cheap because they're trash. Clickable relics are generally far inferior to passive proc relics, which you used to not be able to get until endgame but now you get from Heroics or crafting beginning at level 10.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Glad you decided to give the game another shot

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Those relics are dirt cheap because they're trash. Clickable relics are generally far inferior to passive proc relics, which you used to not be able to get until endgame but now you get from Heroics or crafting beginning at level 10.

Or playing a PVP match (for early game relics, I mean)

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Is it worth it to server transfer a lvl 39 character to play with goons or should I just reroll? I played last year for a month or so for the first time and it was during an absurdly high xp time - like 12x as fast if I remember correctly, so I have no idea how long it will take to get to this level again and I don't want to burn out redoing content. I also got some weapons and gear that are much higher than my questing level (which is like lvl 20ish so my weapons is 3-400 higher ups than level appropriate weapons) and I don't know how hard it would be to regear.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

insideoutside posted:

Is it worth it to server transfer a lvl 39 character to play with goons or should I just reroll? I played last year for a month or so for the first time and it was during an absurdly high xp time - like 12x as fast if I remember correctly, so I have no idea how long it will take to get to this level again and I don't want to burn out redoing content. I also got some weapons and gear that are much higher than my questing level (which is like lvl 20ish so my weapons is 3-400 higher ups than level appropriate weapons) and I don't know how hard it would be to regear.

Leveling is still super fast and gear is mostly irrelevant until you're level 70, so I wouldn't worry too much about that stuff. The reason to transfer would be to transfer your legacy and achievements, so anything that you bought stays unlocked. Remember you get a free transfer with a referral link so don't spend money on transfers if you decide you want to come play with us.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Oh I didn't know that - cool! I will check that out. One reason I stopped playing was because it felt like a single player game so it would be cool to actually play with people or at least have a guild chat.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Sorry for the double post but I have a technical question. Last night when I was playing I was getting some weird stuttering when walking - my fps stays right up around 60 the vast majority of the time, only dropping a couple fps here and there, but I still get this weird, small choppiness with the landscape when moving. After googling I see that some people are calling this "micro stutter" when there is stuttering without fps loss. My system should be just fine to run this game (6th gen i7, 16gb ddr4 ram, gtx970, ssd) and even when lowering settings from ultra down to lower settings the stutter is present. The only thing that helps a bit is to turn off shadows but I am not about to play a game with no shadows when I know my computer is able to and it looks like rear end without them. I need to run through some of the suggestions I read about (run windows xp sp3 compatibility mode, change farclip setting in the settings file, run a memory cleaner...) tonight after my kid goes to sleep, but does anyone here have any advice?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

insideoutside posted:

Sorry for the double post but I have a technical question. Last night when I was playing I was getting some weird stuttering when walking - my fps stays right up around 60 the vast majority of the time, only dropping a couple fps here and there, but I still get this weird, small choppiness with the landscape when moving. After googling I see that some people are calling this "micro stutter" when there is stuttering without fps loss. My system should be just fine to run this game (6th gen i7, 16gb ddr4 ram, gtx970, ssd) and even when lowering settings from ultra down to lower settings the stutter is present. The only thing that helps a bit is to turn off shadows but I am not about to play a game with no shadows when I know my computer is able to and it looks like rear end without them. I need to run through some of the suggestions I read about (run windows xp sp3 compatibility mode, change farclip setting in the settings file, run a memory cleaner...) tonight after my kid goes to sleep, but does anyone here have any advice?

Would be interested to know this as well. It doesn't affect me terribly but it'd be great to get rid of it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was experiencing that too when I first came back to the game a week or two ago; like you, my hardware can crush this game and turning down settings didn't help.

I wish I could tell you what I did to fix the problem but I haven't experienced it since the first day of playing :shrug:. I don't think I actually changed anything, either, it just...got better.

So uh...that doesn't specifically help you, but just hold out hope that maybe it'll go away on its own I guess?

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

insideoutside posted:

I have the weird stutter when I'm in fullscreen but it goes away in windowed fullscreen. I have no idea why, though.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016
windowed fullscreen is the only proper way to play SWTOR anyway, as it gets rid of that annoying loading screen when alt-tabbing.

e: my framerate goes up by ca 20 fps in windowed fullscreen too, for some reason...

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

inflatable fish posted:

windowed fullscreen is the only proper way to play SWTOR anyway, as it gets rid of that annoying loading screen when alt-tabbing.

e: my framerate goes up by ca 20 fps in windowed fullscreen too, for some reason...

I've noticed textures load slower for me in windowed fullscreen though, seemingly. It's particularly evident in the containers in the Cartel Bazaar Hangar right in front of the quick-travel load point.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Playing windowed completely fixed it - thanks!

I did the server transfer - I am not seeing any guild info in the first post though so let me know if there is anything I have to do. Otherwise could someone please invite B'litzstrahl?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm playing windowed fullscreen too, actually...I didn't put it together but that must be what fixed it for me, too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

insideoutside posted:

Playing windowed completely fixed it - thanks!

I did the server transfer - I am not seeing any guild info in the first post though so let me know if there is anything I have to do. Otherwise could someone please invite B'litzstrahl?

Actually in the second post, in case no one gets you in (can also ask in Discord) -

quote:

Guild Information - Goons are currently most active on the Jedi Covenant server. We have two guilds - the primary guild is That's No Goon, on Imperial side. Our Republic guild is Goon Squad. Our guild leader is Nipponophile ME because Oedzi finally gave up and plays Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

To get invited, do a search in game for “That's No Goon”, and filter by guild name. Contact whoever shows up and ask them to invite you, if they can't, they'll let someone who can know. There is an old Enjin site for That’s No Goon – don’t bother applying on it because it’s no longer monitored.

Here are some helpful images:

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Oh ok, thank you. I'll need to install discord then. I am republic so I searched for goon squad, got results that were from other guilds with "squad" in the name and joined them then left after realizing I was in the wrong guild.

So if I am republic what are the down sides of joining "that's no goon" if it is an imperial guild? Any problems? I could reroll to imperial but I was more curious about the republic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

insideoutside posted:

Oh ok, thank you. I'll need to install discord then. I am republic so I searched for goon squad, got results that were from other guilds with "squad" in the name and joined them then left after realizing I was in the wrong guild.

So if I am republic what are the down sides of joining "that's no goon" if it is an imperial guild? Any problems? I could reroll to imperial but I was more curious about the republic.

You can't join cross-faction guilds, we do have Goon Squad on the Republic side but it's a bit less populated. Really though since we don't do much as far as events the highlight is just chat, and you can do that with Discord.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

insideoutside posted:

There's a Republic side guild, Goon Squad. It's about the same as the Imperial side though the fleet ship isn't quite as deliciously gaudy as the Imperial side.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

You can't join cross-faction guilds, we do have Goon Squad on the Republic side but it's a bit less populated. Really though since we don't do much as far as events the highlight is just chat, and you can do that with Discord.

Even imp side guild chat is pretty dead these days to be honest. Discord is where it's at now. Which I guess is good, unless you only have one monitor and have to alt-tab to read it, then it's not as good.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
I got in goon squad - I'm going to keep playing this guy for now since I transferred him but honestly it is pretty boring. I am too high a level for the content I am up to, which probably has a lot to do with it, or maybe it is the class (jedi guardian)?

Also, anyone have a link to the discord?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Even imp side guild chat is pretty dead these days to be honest. Discord is where it's at now. Which I guess is good, unless you only have one monitor and have to alt-tab to read it, then it's not as good.

There is a tablet option I keep meaning to try. Don't know how well it'll work but we'll see.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I like KOTET

Apart from the vehicles and weird bugs (although my consular putting on a skirt after the second vehicle section was pretty funny).

It's a bloodbath.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

insideoutside posted:

Also, anyone have a link to the discord?

It's in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

sassassin posted:

I like KOTET

Apart from the vehicles and weird bugs (although my consular putting on a skirt after the second vehicle section was pretty funny).

It's a bloodbath.

I agree am loving KotET and also love stomping on skytroopers with my giant metal feet

• Locked thread