Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

At store champs yesterday, I flatlined an Apex! ...after they apocalypsed me. ...with a single-damage Philotic Entanglement. That was a weird game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kaethela posted:

At store champs yesterday, I flatlined an Apex! ...after they apocalypsed me. ...with a single-damage Philotic Entanglement. That was a weird game.

Oh hey, I was the guy you played in the last round.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Machai posted:

Oh hey, I was the guy you played in the last round.

Oh hey! I didn't even consider the possibility that I would have any goon opponents. I've been trying out a new runner deck, Surfer Kit just is not cutting it (as I learned in that tourney when I got flatlined every single runner game. yowch).

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/832873

The highlight of my playtesting so far has been trashing a Fetal AI that I couldn't afford to steal. That felt pretty sweet.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 19, 2016

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Machai posted:

Just played a CT Baba Yaga deck in a store champ and I gotta say it really isn't worth it. The time and money you spend trying to set up the rig, even in a 40 card deck with like 9 tutors, is just not worth it. Maybe if glacier comes back in a big way she might be okay with a gordian on her, but until then she is not worth it.

Yeah the card is cool but just really bad. I think stealth is a pretty good point of comparison: you have a similar number of pieces you need to install to get a functional rig, but the total install cost for the stealth rig is like 1/3 as much, you can install your cards in any order, and you have enough influence left over for siphons or temujins.

Had they priced Baba Yaga at $0 I think the card would be fine and pretty interesting, honestly. Your setup cost would still be higher and more influence intensive than stealth, and corps can mess with your rig via best defense and power shutdown, so you need to find sacrifical constructs before you commit too much to the board...

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Counterpoint: Baba Yaga really highlights exactly how stupid Yog.0 and Faerie are. I seriously can't wait for Faerie to rotate out.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Yog is a disaster but I like Faerie a lot :( 1-shot breakers are cool.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
Huh, they changed Adjusted Matrix. It now reads 'Install Adjusted Matrix on an icebreaker. on Host icebreaker gains AI and <click>: break ice subroutine.'

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Yeah, there's a lot of flak for it because you can't use click paid abilities during runs (unless they change that, hello midrun Mopus), that's why Always Be Running is worded the way it is. They swapped a confusing wording for a technically non-functional one.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!

Destrado posted:

Yeah, there's a lot of flak for it because you can't use click paid abilities during runs (unless they change that, hello midrun Mopus), that's why Always Be Running is worded the way it is. They swapped a confusing wording for a technically non-functional one.

Yeah, I agree. I assume bioroids work because they allow you to spend clicks to break them, but it's not worded as a click ability and it's also not a runner card allowing the interaction, it's a corp one. They could have made Adjusted Matrix '0 credits: Lose <click> and break ice subroutine', and then it would have worked within the framework of the game.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

ninjaiguana posted:

Yeah, I agree. I assume bioroids work because they allow you to spend clicks to break them, but it's not worded as a click ability and it's also not a runner card allowing the interaction, it's a corp one. They could have made Adjusted Matrix '0 credits: Lose <click> and break ice subroutine', and then it would have worked within the framework of the game.

For pure pedantry, that wording definitely wouldn't work. It would need to be along the lines of "Lose [click], if you do, break ice subroutine" because you can lose a click you don't have, see Enigma though personally, I find "if you do" clauses kind of inelegant. However, the new wording is fine, because Netrunner does have a rule 0: "Cards actually work" that has been invoked once or twice in the past. Price of not having a comprehensive rules document and an extensive judge program.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

We need more cards that reward the corp for having bad pub. Maybe a Weyland asset:

Project MDK
0 rez, 0 trash, 2 influence
Asset - Ambush
If Project MDK is accessed from R&D, the Runner must reveal it.
If you pay 4 when the Runner accesses Project MDK, do 1 meat damage for each bad publicity you have, then take 1 bad publicity. Ignore this effect if the Runner accesses Project MDK from Archives.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Honestly, weyland needs a sort of unique/core concept transaction operation which leans on their bad publicity to leverage good things.
Cuz like, you're not supposed to mess with weyland, cuz they'll kill you. What they really need is a Deuces Wild type card playing off of their whole them - but is actually worth the card slot cost.

Mean Green Corporate Machine
Operation- Transaction - grey ops
4-5 weyland influence. play cost 2$

Gain 5$ and choose one of the following options. You may gain a bad publicity to choose two different options.

Draw a card or gain a credit.
You may rez one card, reducing rez cost by your bad publicity.
Advance a piece of Ice or rezzed card
If you have 5-6-7? or more bad publicity, you may choose one: Gain click click, do 2 meat damage.

This card loosely based off of Green Level(1 for +2 and an action valued usually at 2$), successful demonstration(2 for +5 with condition), sweeps week(1 for +4 on first turn), and beanstalk(0 for 3), and medical research fundraiser(3 for +5, and the runner benefits too).
Powerful, sure. But giving your opponent 5 or more credits per run is too.

I think being able to add/remove power counters would be neat as well. at least that way helium deposits might actually do something.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
The new Criminal runner from the upcoming deluxe Expansion has been spoiled - on the first successful run on HQ, you may choose two cards in your heap. The corp picks one that's removed from the game, the other one goes into your grip. Neat way to give Criminals some recursion.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hannibal Rex posted:

The new Criminal runner from the upcoming deluxe Expansion has been spoiled - on the first successful run on HQ, you may choose two cards in your heap. The corp picks one that's removed from the game, the other one goes into your grip. Neat way to give Criminals some recursion.

I can't tell if this post is Fact or Fiction

:ninja: ____:haw:____

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 29, 2016

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/scottawesome1

Seems real enough to me.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

I got the core set for Christmas and started learning it with family. So far, I've learned to hate Tollbooths.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Hydrocodone posted:

I got the core set for Christmas and started learning it with family. So far, I've learned to hate Tollbooths.

Use femme fatale's bypass ability to not pay 3 on encounter

Or use datasucker plus parasite to kill it

Assert dominance over your family

sonatinas fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 30, 2016

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

buy data and destiny, run nexus

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Account Siphon them into the ground. Then Vamp them. That 8 cost to rez doesn't look so doable now, does it?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Do people still think there's going to be a 2nd edition core soon? I'm interested in trying this game, but I'm fine with waiting a few months if there's a reason to do that.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

sonatinas posted:

Or use datasucker plus parasite to kill it

Assert dominance over your family

The Lord of Hats posted:

Account Siphon them into the ground. Then Vamp them. That 8 cost to rez doesn't look so doable now, does it?

Do this

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I will be going to my first store game on the 7th. I've played a bit on Jinteki. Still really new, but I bought every loving card because I like the game a ton.

Any recommendation on what deck to bring to smash? Anything is an option. Mass destruction and victory is preferable.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Sinteres posted:

Do people still think there's going to be a 2nd edition core soon? I'm interested in trying this game, but I'm fine with waiting a few months if there's a reason to do that.

I had a dream it happened a few weeks ago. People were lovely. In my dream that is...

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
CTM is still a very strong deck but the meta is full of hate for it so it might actually be a bad choice. Runner wise you basically have the same choice, do you bring an anti CTM deck like power tap/sanctuary or do you just go for a generically powerful deck like Siphon/Temujin Whizz.

You need to know your local meta well if you're serious about winning, so asking for deck advice here probably won't get you very far.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Zephro posted:

CTM is still a very strong deck but the meta is full of hate for it so it might actually be a bad choice. Runner wise you basically have the same choice, do you bring an anti CTM deck like power tap/sanctuary or do you just go for a generically powerful deck like Siphon/Temujin Whizz.

You need to know your local meta well if you're serious about winning, so asking for deck advice here probably won't get you very far.

Well here's the thing: my local meta us 3 dudes. I'm traveling a couple of hours for this, so I have no clue what it will be like. The guys I play with brew but I like to net decks, and I've learned that I probably shouldn't net decks locally to keep it fresh.

I've played the HB glacier deck on jinteki and also the Russian NEH and found HB to be simpler. I've tried Andromeda too, a net deck. So I'm really new, have no idea what the meta in Bloomington, IN is like, but I have read articles, watched videos and games on JintekI, and am super pumped to finally play for real.

I'm thinking I will bring Andromeda (https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/39471/takeshi-s-castle-1st-bromley-sc-) and HB (https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/39689/trash-panda-2-0-a-k-a-fastcoats-2nd-f2f-games-sc-) or NEH fast advance (https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/36993/russian-neh-post-mwl2-) with a possible inclusion of sweeps week for more econ.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Russian NEH is kinda iffy right now with all the hate vs. CtM in the meta. It can be a fun deck, but it falls pretty hard to whizzards with Salsette Slums (which is basically all whizz except Siphon Whizz). Temujin whizz particularly punishes it incredibly well. It's still a solid deck vs. crims, but you really need to play perfectly in order to beat that deck.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
And I take it Whizzard also rips apart HB glacier? I saw a dude with Harischandra Ent. Glacier deck with a super punishing data raven/data ward combo, but I don't have the list, nor do I feel confident enough to build it myself. Looks super fun and cool though.

Any recommendations to circumvent whizzard?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Glacier fares better vs. Temujin Whizz than Russian NEH. EoI sync does well, but there's a lot of hate vs. them in the meta elsewhere.

HB or AoT Foodcoats is probably the safest bet.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

vandalism posted:

I will be going to my first store game on the 7th. I've played a bit on Jinteki. Still really new, but I bought every loving card because I like the game a ton.

Any recommendation on what deck to bring to smash? Anything is an option. Mass destruction and victory is preferable.

Welcome to the game! I did pretty much the exact same thing as you, and have been having a lot of fun.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Played my first few games over the holiday with a new core set. We're really enjoying it so far, mostly experimenting with unmodified criminal and HB core decks.

We haven't used the decks suggested in the OP, but that's on our list. More broadly, though, I can already tell I'm going to want to tinker endlessly with all of the corp and runner decks, but there is a daunting number of expansions and data packs, and it's hard to know where to begin. Are there any go-to packs / sets or a sequence to follow? Not looking to compete or anything, just want to build some fun / stronger sets for my group, which is mostly family.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Annual Prophet posted:

Played my first few games over the holiday with a new core set. We're really enjoying it so far, mostly experimenting with unmodified criminal and HB core decks.

We haven't used the decks suggested in the OP, but that's on our list. More broadly, though, I can already tell I'm going to want to tinker endlessly with all of the corp and runner decks, but there is a daunting number of expansions and data packs, and it's hard to know where to begin. Are there any go-to packs / sets or a sequence to follow? Not looking to compete or anything, just want to build some fun / stronger sets for my group, which is mostly family.

I'd say to just grab the big box expansions for the factions you're interested in; if you're still interested in Criminal and HB after trying the decks in the OP, Honor and Profit has Criminal (and Jinteki) and Creation and Control has HB (and Shaper).

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Annual Prophet posted:

The deluxe expansions would be good places to start, I think. They're focused on specific factions and generally have a decent number of powerful cards, so you can supplement the factions you like playing. There are 4 total:

Creation and Control: Shaper/HB. This gives you a lot of really strong runner cards (mainly shaper, but there are some very good neutral cards as well and a lot of the shaper cards get imported into other factions), plus some cool HB cards that aren't necessarily the strongest in the game but are fun to build around.

Honor and Profit: Criminal/Jinteki. Probably the weakest deluxe expansion overall. There are still decent cards in each faction, and this box has a lot of tools for Jinteki decks which are trying to kill the runner with net damage. Criminal also gets my favorite console in the game (Logos).

Order and Chaos: Anarch/Weyland. Anarch gets some decent cards and cool "build a deck around me" effects here. The Weyland cards are a little bit lower on the power spectrum than what other factions get in their Deluxe expansion (which is basically the story of Weyland), but there's still some fun stuff.

Data and Destiny: NBN/mini factions. So the idea for the runners here is that there are 3 new "mini-factions" of runners which are mostly self contained within the expansion (they've since gotten a little bit of support in the newer card packs). The mini factions are a lot of fun and play very differently than the regular 3 factions (and have fun themes IMO). They were a little underpowered when initially released (the recently printed support cards are quite strong, however), but if you like to tinker around with decks they'll provide an interesting challenge for sure. The corporation cards are really quite strong in this set in terms of both neutral cards and NBN specifically.

If I had to choose an order and was building a collection from scratch, I would probably get Creation and Control before any other supplemental products (it really includes a bunch of staple cards that go in a huge % of runner decks). I'd also maybe get the World Champion 2015 deck: The cards are all full-bleed art which is really cool, and there are a bunch of strong cards in there which you'd have to hunt down across a huge number of older data packs otherwise. The runner 2015 deck is strong as well (obviously) but the cards aren't as versatile and the strategy it employs is sort of degenerate and not very fun to a lot of people.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 2, 2017

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

CirclMastr posted:

I'd say to just grab the big box expansions for the factions you're interested in; if you're still interested in Criminal and HB after trying the decks in the OP, Honor and Profit has Criminal (and Jinteki) and Creation and Control has HB (and Shaper).

Static Equilibrium posted:

The deluxe expansions would be good places to start, I think. They're focused on specific factions and generally have a decent number of powerful cards, so you can supplement the factions you like playing. There are 4 total:

Creation and Control: Shaper/HB. This gives you a lot of really strong runner cards (mainly shaper, but there are some very good neutral cards as well and a lot of the shaper cards get imported into other factions), plus some cool HB cards that aren't necessarily the strongest in the game but are fun to build around.

Honor and Profit: Criminal/Jinteki. Probably the weakest deluxe expansion overall. There are still decent cards in each faction, and this box has a lot of tools for Jinteki decks which are trying to kill the runner with net damage. Criminal also gets my favorite console in the game (Logos).

Order and Chaos: Anarch/Weyland. Anarch gets some decent cards and cool "build a deck around me" effects here. The Weyland cards are a little bit lower on the power spectrum than what other factions get in their Deluxe expansion (which is basically the story of Weyland), but there's still some fun stuff.

Data and Destiny: NBN/mini factions. So the idea for the runners here is that there are 3 new "mini-factions" of runners which are mostly self contained within the expansion (they've since gotten a little bit of support in the newer card packs). The mini factions are a lot of fun and play very differently than the regular 3 factions (and have fun themes IMO). They were a little underpowered when initially released (the recently printed support cards are quite strong, however), but if you like to tinker around with decks they'll provide an interesting challenge for sure. The corporation cards are really quite strong in this set in terms of both neutral cards and NBN specifically.

If I had to choose an order and was building a collection from scratch, I would probably get Creation and Control before any other supplemental products (it really includes a bunch of staple cards that go in a huge % of runner decks). I'd also maybe get the World Champion 2015 deck: The cards are all full-bleed art which is really cool, and there are a bunch of strong cards in there which you'd have to hunt down across a huge number of older data packs otherwise. The runner 2015 deck is strong as well (obviously) but the cards aren't as versatile and the strategy it employs is sort of degenerate and not very fun to a lot of people.

Many thanks! That gives me some good direction, and I'm pretty sure my local game shop, while it doesn't have all of the data packs, has all of the deluxe expansions, so I should be able to start in right away.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
https://www.reddit.com/r/Netrunner/comments/5lp2ka/quorum_spoilers_runner/
Runner side spoilers for Quorum are up.

I was not sure Mr. Stone was going to pull it off but he managed to find a way to print even more power into Anarch with SIFR.

How does that even make it past playtesting?

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
That has to be a translation error on someone's part.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

LordNat posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Netrunner/comments/5lp2ka/quorum_spoilers_runner/
Runner side spoilers for Quorum are up.

I was not sure Mr. Stone was going to pull it off but he managed to find a way to print even more power into Anarch with SIFR.

How does that even make it past playtesting?
Aaron Marron?

Was he a suspect in the Irma Lehrman Merman murders?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

"Hey we think that Yog and all the rest of these cards limit design space since it looks like nobody is playing these cards."

*prints a card that invalidates any, but especially big, ICE*

I really hope there's a mistranslation and SIFR causes brain damage or something. That's a very Anarch flavor and while still very strong, doesn't come off as complete bullshit. Edit: holy poo poo it's 1 inf too.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I could see it being reduce hand size TO 1 rather than BY 1 but who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

"Hey we think that Yog and all the rest of these cards limit design space since it looks like nobody is playing these cards."

*prints a card that invalidates any, but especially big, ICE*
SIFR is like a mini Security Nexus, except it takes no link, costs 1 influence, combos with Parasite, gives 2 memory, and is in Anarch.

The translation is from french, it might be "reduce hand size to one" but that's still busted unless they're floating 2 brain.

• Locked thread