Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
If you mistook a horrifying CGI ghoul/puppet for a real person (the face in motion, not just a still photograph or from behind or whatever) that is a sign there is something profoundly wrong with your brain as it has failed one of its most fundamental tasks.

e:

Like, do you have trouble differentiating store mannequins from real people? Do you find Bethesda games to be100% photorealistic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Oh, Mike.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Good to have some new spank bank material, thank you.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Did he have that chinstrap purely for that acting role he had, or was that a legit look he was going for at the time?

Cause god-drat, that's the type of guy on the other side of the camera that took the pic of women all "No, don't come any closeI'MDEADNOW."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

If you stayed as an animal for more than two hours you were stuck and could never turn back. In the first book one of them got stuck as a red-tailed hawk But it meant he never had to go back to his abusive home so he was fine with it. He just lived in the woods and ate baby rabbits

So that explains current Mike.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odj6NHsWe00

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Impressive they compiled how wrong both extremes are.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

PRO CLICK AS gently caress!!!

I CLAPPED BECAUSE I KNOW STAR WARS!!!!

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

oohhboy posted:

Impressive they compiled how wrong both extremes are.

A lot of people don't get that RLM are mostly making fun of reaction videos and clickbait site hype, which absolutely is that bad if you haven't been to those corners of the internet recently.

"Why are those guys being so mean... THEY MUST THEMSELVES BE BUTT HURT!" (furiously posts to Twitter)

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

oohhboy posted:

A bit hard to find someone that evil outside of the Republican party.

JB50 posted:

Any Clinton would do.

lol sometimes the forums are like the comments section of any news article ever.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

That's a good and funny video and I even liked the movie

RLM are good and I know this is the internet but I think it's good to try and not get butthurt whenever you disagree with someone

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Gammatron 64 posted:

That's a good and funny video and I even liked the movie

RLM are good and I know this is the internet but I think it's good to try and not get butthurt whenever you disagree with someone

No you see, the real social media points go to the person who is totally ignorant of the issue, who won't even bother to read about the issue, who comes in and acts like they're above the people in the discussion because they refuse to engage the debate at all and thus the people involved in the debate are (insert stereotypes about target group).

That way when they cry into their sink and punch the mirror at night they know it's all been worth it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I will slay anyone who doesn't like films I like with my light sabre.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I get red in the face and my heart starts racing and then steam comes out of my ears and then i scream and cry and cry and cry if other people don't like the movie that i liked

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Coming out of the theatre most of the chatter was all "wow how did they do the makeup to make Carrie fisher look so young" "they guy playing tarkin was really good" "did they get a younger actress and put make up on her??" "I understand how they did her face but how did they make her body look young??!" "Isn't the guy who played that old guy dead? Did they just find someone else who looked like him??"

Apparently CGI is a totally unknown concept to a lot of the movie going public. I get my grandma in the 90's not understanding how they trained a pig to look like it's talking, but not understanding that poo poo in 2016?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

God help the human race

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baronjutter posted:

Coming out of the theatre most of the chatter was all "wow how did they do the makeup to make Carrie fisher look so young" "they guy playing tarkin was really good" "did they get a younger actress and put make up on her??" "I understand how they did her face but how did they make her body look young??!" "Isn't the guy who played that old guy dead? Did they just find someone else who looked like him??"

Apparently CGI is a totally unknown concept to a lot of the movie going public. I get my grandma in the 90's not understanding how they trained a pig to look like it's talking, but not understanding that poo poo in 2016?

People think of CGI as like, Jar Jar Binks. Or Transformers. A completely fake thing inserted into an otherwise real scene. They don't think about it as something used to change an existing thing.

I don't think most people realize that there was a ton of CGI in Breaking Bad, for example.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
thats hosed up

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
most people are loving stupid.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Baronjutter posted:

I am very surprised by that. The Tarkin CGI was very obvious, and I'm not sure why they didn't work around it. I legit thought he wasn't going to turn around in the first scene, and then we'd maybe see voice or hologram communication, but instead they really went for it.

I guess whoever they focus tested it with was convinced enough for them to go with it. And if it worked for most people, I guess it was the right decision after all. Still stood out to me though.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I just watched GB2016. It was meh. Not terrible, not good. The RLM guys were mostly right.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Are you people just upset Tarkin wasnt played by a sexy indian child?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nutsngum posted:

I don't get it

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Baronjutter posted:

Most people I know leave on that horrible setting on TVs that smoothes the framerate so everything looks like a soap opera. People are loving blind.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nutsngum posted:

I wasn't before, but now that you mention it...:pedo:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

KakerMix posted:

I don't get it

Jungle Book was full of realistic CG animals and sometimes kid? I'm reaching here but it's the only connection I can make.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Mu Zeta posted:

Most people I know leave on that horrible setting on TVs that smoothes the framerate so everything looks like a soap opera. People are loving blind.

if you didn't turn that off all your family's tvs when visiting for the holidays you should be written out of the will.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

dreezy posted:

if you didn't turn off all your family's tvs when visiting for the holidays you should be written out of the will.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Well I finally saw Rogue One. I thought it was entertaining and well-done but it has some plot holes I'm trying not to think about. Went with a friend who isn't a Star Wars fan and he was really confused by the beginning. It made sense to me, but I'm familiar with the universe and its bullshit.

CGI Tarkin and Leia didn't look bad though. Vader seemed more 'off' and he wasn't CGI.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Vader felt super fan-filmy. I know they were trying to make everything look like the crappy New Hope era costumes, but the crappy costumes mixed with an actor who wasn't quite shaped and didn't quite move like Vader and putting it all in a ridiculous lava castle that looked like a rejected lord of the rings set didn't help.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
star wars is poo poo and now i know how people who hate comic book movies feel now

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

Well I finally saw Rogue One. I thought it was entertaining and well-done but it has some plot holes I'm trying not to think about. Went with a friend who isn't a Star Wars fan and he was really confused by the beginning. It made sense to me, but I'm familiar with the universe and its bullshit.

CGI Tarkin and Leia didn't look bad though. Vader seemed more 'off' and he wasn't CGI.

Tarkin didn't look bad, he just didn't look real. Like, if this had been a completely CGI movie, I would have thought "wow, that's amazing, they've really come a long way with animating people." Putting him next to real live people made me think "holy christ, that was a bad idea."

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Loden Taylor posted:

Tarkin didn't look bad, he just didn't look real. Like, if this had been a completely CGI movie, I would have thought "wow, that's amazing, they've really come a long way with animating people." Putting him next to real live people made me think "holy christ, that was a bad idea."

I agree, every scene I saw with him completely distracted me and was bad.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I proudly admit to not minding Tarkin at all. The battalion of CGI and visual effects artists employed by Disney(tm) don't come to where you assholes work and slap the dicks out of your mouths. Let's see you resurrect the dead with 100% fidelity.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It just wasn't necessary. They could have given more lines to Vader or just Krennic and made all the Tarkin stuff a hologram like Snoke.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Mu Zeta posted:

It just wasn't necessary. They could have given more lines to Vader or just Krennic and made all the Tarkin stuff a hologram like Snoke.

This. I really expected Tarkin to just speak through a reflection in the glass like when we first see him. I can't believe they went as far as they did. If you can't pull off the CGI with 100% certainty, then don't loving do it. We're still not quite there yet. Maybe another 5 years of CGI?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

They could have also used an actor who even slightly resembled Peter Cushing and used makeup and facial prosthetics to finish the job. Practical effects didn't stop being a thing.

The audience understands this film is being made almost 40 years after the original trilogy, they're not going to leave the theater because Grand Moff Tarkin looks slightly different than he did in the other movie. They didn't do CGI Mon Mothma, and that was fine. Why Tarkin?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Loden Taylor posted:

They could have also used an actor who even slightly resembled Peter Cushing and used makeup and facial prosthetics to finish the job. Practical effects didn't stop being a thing.

The audience understands this film is being made almost 40 years after the original trilogy, they're not going to leave the theater because Grand Moff Tarkin looks slightly different than he did in the other movie. They didn't do CGI Mon Mothma, and that was fine. Why Tarkin?

My bet is that it's the CGI studio that wanted to win an oscar for best effects if they could pull it off.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Also Mon Mothma was just some lady, Tarkin was played by a legend of the silver screen. Recasting the role would open the filmmakers up to just as much criticism. They should have written around the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Also Mon Mothma was just some lady, Tarkin was played by a legend of the silver screen. Recasting the role would open the filmmakers up to just as much criticism. They should have written around the problem.

I agree. There was no reason to make Tarkin CGI

• Locked thread