Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Don't be afraid to mince up your major orbs into greaters to make curaja, that and r2 protectga/shellga should be reasonably high on the priority list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Inge posted:

Don't be afraid to mince up your major orbs into greaters to make curaja, that and r2 protectga/shellga should be reasonably high on the priority list.

I've got both of those although i have been hard pressed to find the reason/orbs to hone them more than that

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

I've got both of those although i have been hard pressed to find the reason/orbs to hone them more than that

It's not necessary, but it is pretty nice for later story dungeons where the trash is deadly.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I got Curaja up to max for Nightmare Evrae (and still didn't master it)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, Curaise is just Curaga with a revival chaser; it has less uses than the mainline Cures (it starts at 2 uses instead of 4 like Curaga/Curaja) and doesn't actually have a power increase despite needing rarer orbs to hone up - the "raise" part of it is the selling point. If you're going to hone up a healing skill past Curaga, Curaja is the more important priority since it will pretty much heal a character to full without problems unless they're a mountain of HP (Lv99 OK/Tyro/Gilgamesh/Cecil/etc) or your healer has lovely MND.

Speaking of healing spells - what event gives us Ultra Cure? I know it's coming, but not sure when.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

KataraniSword posted:

Speaking of healing spells - what event gives us Ultra Cure? I know it's coming, but not sure when.

FFX Jecht OSB/Seymour Event along with the 2-hit Water spellblade. About a month from now? Probably there since Yuna's getting her new BSB.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Is Gordan worth using if I have his Gungnir? (Temp raise Attack and magic of party a moderate amount and a physical Blink)
Also, I don't have Shout.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Is Gordan worth using if I have his Gungnir? (Temp raise Attack and magic of party a moderate amount and a physical Blink)

Yeah for sure. If you have a source of haste, that's pretty much a pseudo VoF

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Johnny Aztec posted:

If you don't have Shout, then absolutely. Gordon will be one of your best support unit options for general use unless you have one with a better SB (Shout, Vessel of Fate, etc) and even if you have to bring two support characters (say, you have a full breakdown BSB on Faris or Wakka) then Gordon can still find utility with his Proshellga access.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Awakening Cloud Event's banner

Zack's Enhancer [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Wind Limit Chain, ATK +50% & High Critical to party
*Will contain voiced dialogue by Zack and Cissnei

Cloud's Force Eater [USSB, +10 ATK] - 5 single-target Wind/Dark physical attacks, Critical = 100% & EX Mode "Soldier" to user
Soldier: Allows all physical attacks to break the damage cap

Sephiroth's Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki Shinuchi [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, 2 times Physical/Magic Blink to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3~5 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's ATK
Defend -> 2 AOE Dark/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Cait Sith's Blue Megaphone [BSSB, +10 MND] - ATK +30%, DEF +30% & Critical = 50% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target NE white magic attacks, ATK & DEF -20%
Defend -> 2 single-target NE white magic attacks, MAG & RES -20%

Cloud's Ultima Blade [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, multiplier increases with user's ATK
Defend -> 2 AOE Wind/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30% to self

Cid's Javelin [SSB, +10 ATK] - ATK +50% & Haste to party
(*1% banner rate)

Cait Sith's Green Megaphone [SSB, +10 MND] - AOE Full Breakdown, High Regen to party
Barret's Heavy Vulcan [SSB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, Hyper Break
Vincent's Shotgun [SSB, +10 MAG] - 4 AOE NE magic attacks, MAG +20% to party
Rufus's Shotgun [SSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, higher multiplier with fewer targets, Imperil Dark

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Zonko_T.M. posted:

The problem with Curaise is if you have to revive someone, you have to re-add buffs. Most fights where someone died, I just don't have time to get those buffs back up before someone else is dead. So it's almost always better to bring Curaja and just not let people die as much as possible.

Multiplayer is kind of an exception - I was in an Apocamesh group where two other healers brought Curaise and it honestly did save the run after Zantetsuken inevitably murdered someone important.

... we didn't master because no one brought a drat wind attack but we still finished.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Very strange that Cloud's USB attacks are wind/dark instead of wind/NE, I wonder what the point of that is

Funny how the last two relics he's gotten have made it clear that DeNA noticed that they kind of hosed up with not giving Cloud the shiniest toys for people to chase and decided to fix that.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Curaise has uses in multiplayer, especially since I see a lot of characters improperly kitted and getting 2-shotted because of low DEF or RES. Though since I got a medica/reraise BSB, things have gotten easier just by spamming the medica (which can trigger Healers Prayer) and recasting as needed.

Btw, is Lenna ever gonna get a wardrobe record? While in-game it makes sense to represent her as a white mage, I too often confuse her with the actual white mage.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

1st AD posted:

Btw, is Lenna ever gonna get a wardrobe record? While in-game it makes sense to represent her as a white mage, I too often confuse her with the actual white mage.
She got one! It was in the Halloween event.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Posting because the OP told me to :toot:

While I'm here, is there such a thing as Too Much Support?

I feel like my core has turned into vaan bsb/faris bsb/eiko bsb/shout and that doesn't really leave me much wiggle room.

I mean my options for the fifth spot are pretty absurd - Luneth BSB+Swordshower/Refia BSB/WaterGod Tidus/Indom Blade Celes or comedy OK option for his SSB Wallbreak just because ALL THE BREAKS.

Wilekat fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 30, 2016

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Faris is nice and I've found she dishes out a decent amount of damage, but if you put fullbreak on Ramza her BSB becomes kind of obsolete. I'd replace her with another character for DPS.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I want more BSBs :saddowns:

I have two strongish ones just by virtue of enelement (Pecil and Tifa).

I'm pretty sure Squall's does less damage than using his ice enelement ssb and then snowspell strike.

Likewise Tiny Bee, which is... I guess ok if I gear her for Magic instead of MND?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

She got one! It was in the Halloween event.

I was out of the country :smith:

Do wardrobe records get reissued?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

A single gil per chip? That's it? Are you loving kidding me???

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

1st AD posted:

I was out of the country :smith:

Do wardrobe records get reissued?

The halloween event also included several reissues, so we might see those again.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I was honestly surprised we got Lenna and Galuf's wardrobes the first time, I'm not expecting them to release them again. Maybe they'll do another event where you can just buy wardrobes you missed, who knows

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UHD posted:

This is why people discouraged too much mythril refreshing on this orbfest. Natural stamina ought to be enough to clear the wheel, and past that point, Knights are bad.

I mean, its still an orbfest and very good, but if you have farmed up a stockpile large enough to float you through the next three or four months of new abilities, waiting for the anniversary is not a bad call.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

UHD posted:

You got ten mythril, ten of each major orb, ten of each four star mote, a MC3, and a bunch of other orbs and motes. Who cares?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Yeah I didn't refresh stamina at all (and never have), I just got a regular supply of knights and finished a little early. I'm still going to do orbfest all day long but now I have to shake my fist at my tablet whenever I get more lovely chips.

IcePhoenix posted:

You got ten mythril, ten of each major orb, ten of each four star mote, a MC3, and a bunch of other orbs and motes. Who cares?

Me. I care. A lot. All the care, ever.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

UHD posted:

Yeah I didn't refresh stamina at all (and never have), I just got a regular supply of knights and finished a little early. I'm still going to do orbfest all day long but now I have to shake my fist at my tablet whenever I get more lovely chips.

Knights still give significantly more experience than a wave of normal trash

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IcePhoenix posted:

Knights still give significantly more experience than a wave of normal trash

Yeah but honestly, as fun as it is to be getting Gladiator and White Mage to level 80 this week, I don't care so much that I'd rather have that than some Gil.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there a cheap ff7 fight I could farm Cid's xp rm up quickly?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

victrix posted:

The second realm dungeon for FF7 is your best bet. Don't do the first one since it costs more stamina and it is a single round with a boss at the end.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

victrix posted:

Alternately just work on it Saturdays. It's not worth detouring out of orbfest for.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Meanwhile, I like many others just now managed to fully clear the Roulette prizes. Now I can focus on the basics, and put my attention completely towards relics. The big banner 3 drops tonight!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

While I'm sure it'll be great and all, can anyone elaborate on what's actually going down for the 2nd anniversary? Should we be hoarding mythril for the next few months for that? New relics, abilities, etc?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Have those of you who completed the roulette prizes been refreshing stamina? I still need a bunch and have only spent 120 stamina elsewhere which seems pretty minimal.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I've gone hard the whole event and I still need to see 14 or 15 more packs to clear it, I think. No refreshes.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Only one refresh (with Greens shards and not Mythril, no less) and I've never deviated from the orbfest since it started.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Immediately after clearing the roulette I got a battle consisting of three waves of nothing but golden knights. Of course.

I've only refreshed once, but haven't spent stamina on anything but orbfest.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I didn't get a single wave of knights yesterday. The day before I'd gotten 8 or 9.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I've gotten everything on roulette with no refreshes. My only other stamina has been spent on the V ultimates and the crystal bosses.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

iamsosmrt posted:

While I'm sure it'll be great and all, can anyone elaborate on what's actually going down for the 2nd anniversary? Should we be hoarding mythril for the next few months for that? New relics, abilities, etc?

For JP it introduced USBs, which fill the niche of OSBs for characters that wouldn't benefit from breaking the damage cap. We should get USBs before that fest though. There's also some "Record X" boss gauntlet thing that I think comes near it, with this boss called Nemesis at the top of the thing, whose toughest difficulty is almost impossible to beat without specific top-quality soul breaks. I also remember something along the lines of an "Ultros Choice" that is around for like a single day or something, where you get one free 11-draw but you can draw on it further with mythril.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kawalimus posted:

For JP it introduced USBs, which fill the niche of OSBs for characters that wouldn't benefit from breaking the damage cap. We should get USBs before that fest though. There's also some "Record X" boss gauntlet thing that I think comes near it, with this boss called Nemesis at the top of the thing, whose toughest difficulty is almost impossible to beat without specific top-quality soul breaks. I also remember something along the lines of an "Ultros Choice" that is around for like a single day or something, where you get one free 11-draw but you can draw on it further with mythril.

Ultros Choice was a pretty solid-rear end banner, too, built off of what I believe were community votes.

What JP got was:

Bartz/Terra/Cloud/Tidus OSBs
OK/Pal Cecil/Y'shtola/Aerith BSBs
Shout/Sheepsong/Indomitable Blade

It's basically a "best of" relics banner. If we got it as-is it would be amazing, if they put it up to vote again it would be equally amazing.

If you want a run-down of what was in the 2nd Anniversary for JP, Reddit's thread on it is archived here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Am I too late for the Quistis BSB talk? Because I just pulled it and am incredibly happy because Quistis is a favorite. :kimchi:

Her and Maria are gonna be BFF destruction goddesses in my mage team.

• Locked thread