Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I did pull my first Zidane, which is rad, Xiao, also rad, and a Charlotte, my billionth Galuf, and that wiener Duane.

I pulled my first Zidane on the most recent chase for Lightning (that I didn't get in 50 pulls), and while it's definitely a letdown to lose out on a featured base 5*, that dual wield will be very valuable due to its versatility. Have any decent attacker? There are plenty of base 3* max 6* options. No decent attacker? Throw it on a mage. Pull a base 5* unit in the future that doesn't have innate dual wield? Move it on over.

But nothing feels as good as that chase unit popping out of a rainbow crystal.

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Benthalus posted:

I pulled my first Zidane on the most recent chase for Lightning (that I didn't get in 50 pulls), and while it's definitely a letdown to lose out on a featured base 5*, that dual wield will be very valuable due to its versatility. Have any decent attacker? There are plenty of base 3* max 6* options. No decent attacker? Throw it on a mage. Pull a base 5* unit in the future that doesn't have innate dual wield? Move it on over.

But nothing feels as good as that chase unit popping out of a rainbow crystal.

Some of us don't know that feeling! I got my 1 base 5* unit off of a free ticket pull just because I didn't feel like saving it... wasn't chasing anything. I chased Ramza (my favorite FF game was Tactics) and failed and chased Noctis hard and failed.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Doesn't her MP restore scale off of SPR?

Her passive restore or the heal bomb with mp refresh attached? Her health+mp recover is flat. The only thing that has a mod is her curaja+esuna ability.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Hear heal + MP restore skill. Got it, thanks for the clarification!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
By will of the discord here's my last Lapis on an 11:

Not crazy good but still very solid. I'm happy with it.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I've never seen so many tanks in one pull. Grats on the WoL and Chiz.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Eight times pulling his rear end

so for the day I get macroing

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I pulled an 11 chasing Cheese and Noodles.

1/2 ain't bad.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

This probably old news but I'm mission grinding in Dirnado and come upon a mission to use power burst. Never heard of that so I check the wiki and they don't have an entry for it either. I google it and apparently it's a Gumi typo and they ment for you to use power break.

Nice one Gumi. :butt:

There's a mission to use Stonega, which you only get access to with Rain at 5* and almost maxed, unless you happen to have... a handful of other mediocre units at 5* and almost maxed, or Shantotto at 4* maxed.

Great.

deathbagel posted:

You want 5 Blade Masteries just in case, they are so good that I'd probably TM grind multiples at a time then smash to speed up the TM grind process. Chorizo is a solid unit right now too so definitely keep the 2 you have maxxed out

I have never once run a team with 5 melee units unless it was on TM grinding that I could clear in my sleep. You always want a healer of some sort for content you're not autobattling, even if it's just Cecil, so there's no reason to ever need more than 4. The rest of your advice is sound, but this one just kind of made me :confused: about how it's phrased.

Also, without Miyukis, multiple Blade Masteries rapidly drop off in utility since they don't stack. You get one Genji Blade, one Chijiraden (if you were here for the FFT event), and one Murasame. Every other free katana is garbage.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think the only samurais worth a drat are Chorizo and Laswell 6* anyways. People are using sakurafubuki + blade mastery on Lightning because its the best thing she has right now, but in the future she really needs a lightning based great sword because raw damage can only get you so far. You need to bypass the poo poo tons of armor mobs get.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think the only samurais worth a drat are Chorizo and Laswell 6* anyways. People are using sakurafubuki + blade mastery on Lightning because its the best thing she has right now, but in the future she really needs a lightning based great sword because raw damage can only get you so far. You need to bypass the poo poo tons of armor mobs get.

Orlandu loves the extra ATK, as do Gilgamesh and Luneth (who both have DEF-piercing nukes).

Traverse
Oct 13, 2012

Just started this game, somehow managed to scrape together the 5000 to try for Noodles.

Will the 5 Charlotte's I pulled instead be useful?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

There's a mission to use Stonega, which you only get access to with Rain at 5* and almost maxed, unless you happen to have... a handful of other mediocre units at 5* and almost maxed, or Shantotto at 4* maxed.

Great.

I have never once run a team with 5 melee units unless it was on TM grinding that I could clear in my sleep. You always want a healer of some sort for content you're not autobattling, even if it's just Cecil, so there's no reason to ever need more than 4. The rest of your advice is sound, but this one just kind of made me :confused: about how it's phrased.

Also, without Miyukis, multiple Blade Masteries rapidly drop off in utility since they don't stack. You get one Genji Blade, one Chijiraden (if you were here for the FFT event), and one Murasame. Every other free katana is garbage.

The reason I said "just in case" is because if there's ever a viable 5 melee build and you happen to have ground out 5 good Katanas, you'll want 5 Blade Mastery since it's the single most ATK boosting materia you can equip. That's why I didn't say you NEED 5 right now!

Just as a future maybe thing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

deathbagel posted:

The reason I said "just in case" is because if there's ever a viable 5 melee build and you happen to have ground out 5 good Katanas, you'll want 5 Blade Mastery since it's the single most ATK boosting materia you can equip. That's why I didn't say you NEED 5 right now!

Just as a future maybe thing.

I must say that when I face 5 man Noctopus arena build, it seems quite viable.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Traverse posted:

Just started this game, somehow managed to scrape together the 5000 to try for Noodles.

Charlotte's TMR is good for a healer, having a shield is nice. Otherwise, eh.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Traverse posted:

Charlotte is a decent tank that will serve you well for a long time, her limit break heals your team and she has good armor. She has a good, exclusive, shield once you pass the Water Shrine.

Her Trust Mastery allows someone who can't normally equip a heavy shield like a healer to do so.

You could have done worse. You could also have done better.

Traverse
Oct 13, 2012

Mischalaniouse posted:

Charlotte's TMR is good for a healer, having a shield is nice. Otherwise, eh.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Charlotte is a decent tank that will serve you well for a long time, her limit break heals your team and she has good armor. She has a good, exclusive, shield once you pass the Water Shrine.

Her Trust Mastery allows someone who can't normally equip a heavy shield like a healer to do so.

You could have done worse. You could also have done better.

Good to know I'll get some use out of her - I'm just bummed by her taking up half of my pull. Thanks for the advice!

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

PDQ Law posted:

If you're using Android then you can use the Helium app off the Google Play store to back up Brave Exvius on your tablet, then copy that backup into Memu and install Helium there to restore it. I recently did that and it worked from my non-rooted phone.

The only difficulty I had was that my computer didn't see the backup folder made by Helium on my phone, but I got around that by making a zip file of the backup folder using my phone's file browser, which could be copied by my computer.

Thanks, I'll give this a go tomorrow. I know I could roll a believable facebook account but I simply don't want the time I've put in to be one whimsical ban away from vanishing.

I have 5 or 6 Charlottes now too but since I have Cecil and Demon Rain already, I don't think she'll get much use.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Okay so I'm completely lost trying to get a macro set up on my computer which is pretty drat ancient. It's still running xp so do I need to download something like blue stacks first in order to be able to download ffbe at all or does downloading memu allow me to do that, cause everything I've tried hasn't worked at all and it's making me sad face.

Sorry I'm not at all knowledgeable about emulators and junk but I am bound and determined to make this work because I really really want some dual wields so I'm not left in the dust and people will actually get some use out of my noctis which is the only decent unit I've got.

I do have an older tablet that I can dedicate strictly to tm farming if that somehow makes this easier.

So basically my problem runs down like this:

My computer is old and can't download apps or run them

Do I need to download a separate emulator like blue stacks or any suggested alternative which apparently will allow my old computer to run apps to begin with

Or does downloading nox or memu allow my old comp to run apps? I'm assuming it doesn't cause that's seems like a fairly hefty programming feet but again I don't know a drat thing about how all this poo poo works.

Sorry if these are super dumb questions but I'm kinda super lost and any help or advice would be incredibly appreciated

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Or does downloading nox or memu allow my old comp to run apps? I'm assuming it doesn't cause that's seems like a fairly hefty programming feet but again I don't know a drat thing about how all this poo poo works.

Nox/Memu run an instance of android on your computer.You just start an instance, it loads, you download FFBE and you use it just like a phone except with your mouse instead of your finger.

Once you do that, you follow the instructions in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

I have no idea if XP can run it, to be honest, but its worth a shot?

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Traverse posted:

Good to know I'll get some use out of her - I'm just bummed by her taking up half of my pull. Thanks for the advice!

Join the discord so we can tell you how to reroll new guy. Also your SoM avatar already has you fans who wa t to shower you with praise over your good tastes

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Emptied my tickets (33 pulls) on the Noctis banner. Pulled one rainbow. It was Hope. Which says something, doesn't it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

best ranking here, mates

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

Dias posted:

best ranking here, mates

Heh.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I started playing this a couple weeks ago, and just thought of checking for an SA thread today. Some of the stuff from the OP and the last few pages would have been nice to know before now. But I think the 11 pull and tickets have worked out well enough. Still not entirely sure how to put a team together in a way that balances what the units can do now, vs their potential at some point in the future.

My team and major players right now are:
Chizuru x2, both still 4*
CoD 5*
Santa Roselia 4*
Charlotte 4* (with an extra 4 to farm her TMR easier)

Cecil 3*
WoL 4*

another WoL
Terra
Rydia (5*!)
Hope (5*!)
Cerius
Vivi x2
Medius x3
Garland x2
Kuja
Celes
Gaffgarion
Ludmille

My current plan for energy is to keep dumping it into the event raids until I get the shield reward, then figure out if I want to keep going for awakening materials vs story missions/exp. It's kinda slow going since I can only clear the ADV or maybe PRO ones, depending on which friends are available to solo the event.

I downloaded Nox today, and got it set up for running macros overnight. I'm not sure if I should start off TMR farming with a team of Chozo/Chozo/Ludmille/Cecil/Terra or Charlotte*5. Using the Charlottes gets her TMR out of the way to free up 4 unit spaces. But the other group gets me closer to actual useful rewards. Any thought on that or if my good TMR team is right?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
2:30 am. Half an hour before the noctis banner closes. I get out of bed, turn on my computer, load up nox, and toss a single ticket in.

I then proceed to dilute my victory with 4 more pulls, granting me 2 redundant charlottes, my 4th miyuki and a smushable luna.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Shark Tower posted:

2:30 am. Half an hour before the noctis banner closes. I get out of bed, turn on my computer, load up nox, and toss a single ticket in.

I then proceed to dilute my victory with 4 more pulls, granting me 2 redundant charlottes, my 4th miyuki and a smushable luna.

All of you loving liars spend thousands on this game to get your 4th or 5th 5* base. I must be the only one in here with sub 100 spent. You cant fool me goons! :argh:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Rainbow trolled by Charlotte of all loving people. I didn't particularly need Noel but I would have taken him over a 5* Charlotte. That base crystal change can't come soon enough.

I don't mind the content coming in at a slower stream but the QoL upgrades should be within a month of their Japan release IMO. I'd really like to be able to reorder my abilities and repeat commands across battles.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Dreadfrost is p.easy so far. Gotta try Elt later though cause NRG

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
ELT's nice. 240 event points and 780 rank xp for 23 energy. He does hit hardet, but there's still the free turn sub 50% and there arent any boxes this time.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
How should I gear Noctis, all out ATK or balance ATK and MAG for the hybrid attacks?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
ATK. The game does not have the equipment or materia to support equally raising two abilities to the point of making Hybrid abilities deal more damage.

At least until the recent JP hybrid buff but I haven't looked into how much, or if it did, that helped.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
That's why I think they should give the Bard character Gilbert a 6* awakening and make him a hybrid damage character since all harps have attack and magic. Give him something like Harp Mastery: +30% ATK and MAG when equipped with a harp and give him a bunch of hybrid damage songs like Holy Song: Hybrid holy damage to the enemy with a chance to confuse, Fire Song: Hybrid fire damage with a chance to lower attack, etc etc.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
New snowman is ironically easier than the old one. Dark Cloud in particular comes equipped with everything needed to make him a complete non-threat. Remove his ATK, throw up a protect and if he's alive when his health gets low hit up the omni-veil. The only time I've seen him use anything other than charge and smash was when he had less than 25% health.

EDIT: Since the awesome 300 lapis bundle isn't in the shop anymore I took a daily pull and got another arc :shepface: That's four now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Nth'ing that the new Snowman is super easy. I never had trouble with the boxes but his chain spells would wipe my 4 ExDeath if I didn't get him below 50%(gotta love that random 'your spells didn't chain' bug).

New one I walked in with my ATK party and killed him in three very safe, never in any danger, turns.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh poo poo, I forgot it's Cactaur weekend. After beating Upgraded Frosty bitch, I jumped right back into mission grinding when I should've been killing metal cacti.

Looks like we get a break next week, everyone should have time to catch up the story or get some solid TM grinding in. Hopefully the next event isn't a mass of bullshit.

Edit: and thank god dualcast is back in the arena and Noctis' flasks are neutered. I've got a third ExDeath ready to bring the spacerox.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 30, 2016

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Edit: and thank god dualcast is back in the arena and Noctis' flasks are neutered. I've got a third ExDeath ready to bring the spacerox.

Yes, this is a relief. I would point out, however, that I tend to do significantly more damage in the arena by triple dualcasting an -aga with my Exdeaths (Firaga right now since I think most units are probably geared for Frostor) with another -aga from Tellah. Hitting 2797 on the final Elemental 6 Chain, combined with all the prior damage, is going to kill anyone without >80% fire resist.

Once I get that fourth Exdeath leveled up, then 8 Meteors will kill everything.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Dread Frost ELT was nicely balanced, tasteful, I liked it with how there was no BS RNG. Noct Krile Cecil Arc ExDeath and a companion Greg.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Arena this week is "gently caress Your Noctis" rules of no status effects allowed.

Time to get some 7-chain meteor revenge on all those bastards. :getin:

AegisP posted:

ELT's nice. 240 event points and 780 rank xp for 23 energy. He does hit hardet, but there's still the free turn sub 50% and there arent any boxes this time.

And the first clear gives an AOE wind/ice 50% resist skill that you can toss up if you can't reliably get it under 50% in a round. It also does its post-chargeup attack twice instead of once. Even with the 50% resists they can still gently caress up Exdeaths if they decide "yes I want to spam the same spell and oh I somehow 3-chained my own Blizzagas :fuckoff:" I guess.

Currently at 16,011 points and rank 3,452 so I'll probably just run it here and there to stay in the 1-10k range. For now, it's cactuar farming time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

gently caress dunes. Just spent a full bar of 93 NRG and the best run I got was 1 jumbo and 1 regular cactuar. Don't have anyone that I absolutely need to level anyways I guess.

• Locked thread