Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Aramek posted:

I've, once again, bought so many steam gifts, Steam itself slash my bank was all "Okay buddy, that's enough for now."

That's because that's a common identity fraud technique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Dreddout posted:

Can the skeleton hold a 1950s Parker 51 Aerometric in Dove Grey?

The 5' 3" Skeleton would probably prefer the 51 Demi as it was a smaller pen, the dove grey is always a nice colour choice.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Aramek posted:

I've, once again, bought so many steam gifts, Steam itself slash my bank was all "Okay buddy, that's enough for now."

Hah you fool, this is why I don't make friends who have Steam accounts :dukedoge:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Subjunctive posted:

Also, Viewmasters.

:golfclap:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A decent Emerson Rose dress, since I don't have any dresses in blue.

And this coat by BCBGeneration, it's supposedly "packable" since it's down and very lightweight, so I figure it'll make it easier for me when I'm travelling.

Pick has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Dec 27, 2016

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

I bought a PK-383 Knife so I can open boxes and stuff because I left my special gerber knife at home when I moved.

Also a philips #00 Screwdriver so I can open up my N3DS and replace parts, especially the faceplates because I just ordered some recent ones!

I also ordered a shark plush and some shark stickers because I really like sharks! :3:

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Cordless drill and impact driver for some upcoming home improvement projects:

Cheap new tool box for the other tools I already had:

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Because people keep dumping poo poo next to our driveway.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
lmao expect double the trash now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I Am Not Spor posted:

Because people keep dumping poo poo next to our driveway.

Hmm this isn't the shit_that_won't_happen.txt thread :confused:

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Cause looking at the trash is somehow worse than looking at that sign.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought the Trump Gun a house.

Pelican 1600

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I think it would fit better up your rear end

logical fallacy
Mar 16, 2001

Dynamic Symmetry

Bottom Liner posted:

I think it would fit better up your rear end

Then where would he keep his head?

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Comatoast posted:

Cause looking at the trash is somehow worse than looking at that sign.

We're talking about beds, mattresses, shelves, sheet rock, boxes, toys, entire garbage cans of recycling, garbage bags, etc. I'm not sure why because we live in residential part of Berkeley and it's really easy to get extra pickups.

The sign already got stolen (as expected).

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
So what makes your place so particularly attractive for dumping poo poo? Please don't tell me it happens everywhere in your neighborhood.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

TotalLossBrain posted:

So what makes your place so particularly attractive for dumping poo poo? Please don't tell me it happens everywhere in your neighborhood.

College kids throwing poo poo out at the end of the year. Other people grab it and fill up their filthy dwellings until it's not needed or something better is found then tossed out.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

TotalLossBrain posted:

We have no idea; we live in a residential area with mostly single family homes and families. There's a dumpster and two perfectly good dark alley's a block away to illegally dump stuff, but our tiny strip of rock and grass is too enticing I guess. We don't live anywhere near UC Berkeley.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Bought in on the AKG 7XX headphones. I am very excited.

However the rate of my expanding headphone purchasing budget means in 37 years my headphone purchases will eclipse the United States GDP.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a problem spending money on headphones. I just bought some Sennheiser HD 598 C's because they were on sale. I just bought V-modas two months ago what's wrong with me?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

treiz01 posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a problem spending money on headphones. I just bought some Sennheiser HD 598 C's because they were on sale. I just bought V-modas two months ago what's wrong with me?

How are the VModas? I've been considering a pair of their wireless for my next (headphone jack-less) iPhone.

I started going down the dark and endless road that you guys are on but caught myself and just bought a couple pairs of Sony MDR-7506 instead.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Unfortunately, not a sex toy.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Anything is a sex toy if you're bold enough

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Lambeth posted:

Unfortunately, not a sex toy.

Yeah that's a doesn't get laid toy

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

In a shockingly similar vein,

I didn't get a new controller since Steam natively supports the DS4 now and even puts an Xinput wrapper on them for games that only support Xinput. It works...reasonably well, I suppose. The first day I had it I played a bit of FF13 and Ikaruga and didn't notice any lag or dropped frames (maybe not the best games to test it, granted). The next day I tried to play another game and my actual PC crashed, but it seemed to be doing okay until then (pcgaming.txt). For $20 I'd say it's worth it, but I have no intention of playing anything that's super twitchy on it anyway.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Humerus posted:

I didn't get a new controller since Steam natively supports the DS4 now

For serious? I'll have to hook mine back up again, update it, and give it a go.

EDIT: I guess it has for over a year now. I had a PS3 when I bought mine last year and DS3 won't work wirelessly with Steam Link, so I assumed DS4 wouldn't as well.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 00:33 on Dec 29, 2016

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

flosofl posted:

For serious? I'll have to hook mine back up again, update it, and give it a go.

EDIT: I guess it has for over a year now. I had a PS3 when I bought mine last year and DS3 won't work wirelessly with Steam Link, so I assumed DS4 wouldn't as well.

I think it just came out of Beta last week or so. You'll need to hook something up to go to Bluetooth settings and set up the DS4 initially, but after that, powering up the DS4 will turn on the Link and all that jazz. I almost got a Steam Controller with it until I found this stuff out.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Lawen posted:

How are the VModas? I've been considering a pair of their wireless for my next (headphone jack-less) iPhone.

I started going down the dark and endless road that you guys are on but caught myself and just bought a couple pairs of Sony MDR-7506 instead.

The sound quality on the M-100's is breathtaking. They are heavy compared to other cans I've had before but so worth it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I bought this neato device for tuning drums.

The idea is that you can measure the fundamental resonant frequency of the drum, measure again at any given lug to see what that pitch is and establish what you want the tuned note to be relative to the fundamental, then measure as you tune to get the same the resonant frequency at each lug on each head.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 18:42 on Dec 29, 2016

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Humerus posted:

I think it just came out of Beta last week or so. You'll need to hook something up to go to Bluetooth settings and set up the DS4 initially, but after that, powering up the DS4 will turn on the Link and all that jazz. I almost got a Steam Controller with it until I found this stuff out.

I've been waiting for that to come out of Beta for a while and set one controller up when it did, and just got around to trying some local co-op games with two of them last night. Ran into problems in several games unfortunately, but I'm glad we at least have the option now. One thing is each controller's assignment. Some games they would show up as player 3 and 4, then others player 1 and 2 controls would both be separate halves of the keyboard, and when we rebound stuff manually the player 3 ds4 would registered as p2 button whatever and the player 4 ds4 would be p1. Is there any way to just tell Steam hey, this is player 1 so make every joypad-enabled game think this is player 1? I didn't see anything like that in the controller configuration where you set the LED color and such.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

davebo posted:

I've been waiting for that to come out of Beta for a while and set one controller up when it did, and just got around to trying some local co-op games with two of them last night. Ran into problems in several games unfortunately, but I'm glad we at least have the option now. One thing is each controller's assignment. Some games they would show up as player 3 and 4, then others player 1 and 2 controls would both be separate halves of the keyboard, and when we rebound stuff manually the player 3 ds4 would registered as p2 button whatever and the player 4 ds4 would be p1. Is there any way to just tell Steam hey, this is player 1 so make every joypad-enabled game think this is player 1? I didn't see anything like that in the controller configuration where you set the LED color and such.

Honestly I don't know, I haven't tried anything with multiple controllers. There is a Steam Hardware thread so I would try asking there.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

This game is seen mostly as a way for people to learn how to play guitar, but supposedly it also has things to offer for people who have been playing guitar for years. Going to use it to learn the songs in the game, play it for the game factor and go for high scores, and mess with the backing band thingie.

The media remote is cool as it has motion detecting and the buttons light up without having to press any buttons. I was tired of having to reconnect my xbox controller from sleep mode, just to skip a youtube ad or pause. Plus the controllers trigger buttons kept accidentally fast forwarding or rewinding videos. The media remote has a nice smooth rubberized texture.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I just ordered myself a two year subscription to Playboy for $20. I'll cancel it after those two years if I don't like it. But then again, I like the new format.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

screenwritersblues posted:

I just ordered myself a two year subscription to Playboy for $20. I'll cancel it after those two years if I don't like it. But then again, I like the new format.

Didn't they get rid of the naked women? Like... the whole point of Playboy?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

PCOS Bill posted:

Didn't they get rid of the naked women? Like... the whole point of Playboy?

Of course that's all you would know it for

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

New shoes! There was a lot of praise in this thread for New Balance in comfort and durability, and my shoes could do with a bit more of both:

1550 Elite, they've got some cool purple/black reflective highlights, like a subdued pearlescent paint.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

Of course that's all you would know it for

"I only read Playboy for the articles" - A liar

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

"I only read Playboy for the articles" - A liar

Oh look, a bad opinion by PCOS Bill. Not really noteworthy, except perhaps for how many bad opinions you have expressed in this thread.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I realized android wasn't going to cut it for a laptop (pixel c + keyboard) so I returned it and got last year's HP Spectre while it was still $400 off. Only my second laptop ever, first one was five years old. They sure have come a long way - and a touch screen works surprisingly well with windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKOfLQ1fE_0

The Pixel C was great but it's just a larger phone and I use my TV + chromecast if I want a big screen. Very happy with this laptop, with the one exception of not getting my bluetooth mouse to work, but it's also got the only trackpad I've ever felt comfortable using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Bought tickets to Rogue One last night. Was a super cute movie.