Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just watch a video on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm doing it the real way: tailing both guys for the entire route and taking screenshots of the position of each item so I can make the route

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

i dont think subsonic is perfectly silent either but its way quieter

i never noticed that they werent perfectly quiet.. i guess when i think about it if i dome someone right behind another person the second man usually turns around

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait where is the camera room on Bangkok now

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I keep trying to treat this game realistically (e.g. "this guard WILL eventually realize his boss isn't coming out of that bathroom......... right?") instead of like the video game it is and I think that's why I've struggled to attach to it before

The veneer is peeling away and I'm starting to see a Good Game

No matter how long I play I always have a nagging worry that this time will be the time that the guard realizes what's going on when he sees me follow a guy into a room and then walk out of the room 20 seconds later alone wearing the other guy's clothes.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

rediscover posted:

i never noticed that they werent perfectly quiet.. i guess when i think about it if i dome someone right behind another person the second man usually turns around

I think subsonic weapons are perfectly quiet or at least close enough to it not to make any practical difference. I used the subsonic sniper rifle you get from Paris mastery levels to blow away the Sarajevo Six guy in Marrakech while standing in the open in the school's courtyard with like 5 other guards around me and i got away with it clean because none of them were looking at me while I did it. One of them couldn't have been more than 10, 15 feet away tops.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did it. Now I need to find 3 bricks

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trying to figure out the sniper assassination for Bangkok is gonna make me crazy. The brick is cake but getting an angle on Cross is proving insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Trying to figure out the sniper assassination for Bangkok is gonna make me crazy. The brick is cake but getting an angle on Cross is proving insane

There's a way to kinda cheese it but you'll have to wipe tapes

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

There's a way to kinda cheese it but you'll have to wipe tapes

I just cleared out the lobby suite floor in the most insane domino effect I've seen in this game yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking I'm going to go fully insane and 100% every map now except Colorado. The only one that will be really hard is Paris because it has 3x as many escalations as everything else

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god i did it without having to destroy tapes. It's really badass to have the entire security team locking down the hotel and just wandering out the front door in the middle of it all

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Thinking I'm going to go fully insane and 100% every map now except Colorado. The only one that will be really hard is Paris because it has 3x as many escalations as everything else

some of the escalations get pretty nuts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My game is bugged and won't register the assassination where I shoot Novikov on the stage :/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

My game is bugged and won't register the assassination where I shoot Novikov on the stage :/

i think he actually needs to be alone on stage, giving the speech, instead of the other guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i think he actually needs to be alone on stage, giving the speech, instead of the other guy

Oooo ok

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i dont actually know tho, i also didnt get that challenge

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That and Push her onto him is the only ones I have left in Paris. And Chameleon but idk how in the world I haven't gotten that yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok that's everything except the stage kill and killing someone with the explosive barrel during the fireworks show, which seems it could only be done in a contract. I'm sure people have made completionist contracts just for these purposes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm still catching up on giant bomb videos of this and it took until Colorado for them to realize the minimap says when you're trespassing

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

In Training posted:

i've done this, though i still need to finish himmapan horror and hokkaido. some of the escalations are fun, but holy poo poo some really suck (all the ones with mines and lasers)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The basement one in Paris has lasers and it owns

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres one in paris that fills the entire helicopter area with mines and one of your targets is in there, and oh no you arent allowed to use guns

doesnt say a drat thing against throwing a rubber ducky at the target

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I'm still catching up on giant bomb videos of this and it took until Colorado for them to realize the minimap says when you're trespassing

one time when when I was a kid I yelled at goku for not going super saiyjen faster. I relived that same frustration watching those videos.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

frank.club posted:

one time when when I was a kid I yelled at goku for not going super saiyjen faster. I relived that same frustration watching those videos.

ive been watching dragon ball super and even the other characters keep wondering about that

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

don't ever yell at goku 😤

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

The video where they play alongside some developers from IOI is hilarious. You can sense the :ughh: from the developers even when the camera doesn't pan over to them.

After work I'm gonna SA this food critic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Someone mentioned the white puffy jacket, can you unlock that?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Finish 5 elusive targets silent assassin" well darn that's gonna take a while.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Someone mentioned the white puffy jacket, can you unlock that?

might be a reward for Silent Assassin on an et.

oddium posted:

don't ever yell at goku 😤

I'm stronger than him

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It's the best game of the year

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

did you catch the episode the did for The Icon bonus mission

its takes them forever to understand that the signs with the effects company logo are telling you which areas are for effects crew

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

*finally notices a large part of the ui telling you exactly what you need to know* ahhh, this game isnt afraid to be a game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tumor looking batty posted:

It's the best game of the year

next year too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

*finally notices a large part of the ui telling you exactly what you need to know* ahhh, this game isnt afraid to be a game

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

did you catch the episode the did for The Icon bonus mission

its takes them forever to understand that the signs with the effects company logo are telling you which areas are for effects crew

I skipped that one because I haven't done the mission yet myself

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i was watching their videos before i played the game and assumed this game was hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't get the SA for this ET despite having an accident kill and never spotted, sucks this one was kind of a chore!

• Locked thread