Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Awesome! posted:

ranked is still broken :(

oh... right... sorry buddy :(
if it makes you feel better I completely forgot to finish the ankira event on starlight stage too :mad: cygames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

it might be doable if you straight grind right now, but it's gonna be hard if you're higher ranked

they're out but only viewable in the jp client or if you do this http://steamcommunity.com/app/453480/discussions/0/152390648098880643/ available till Jan 10th
without that they just show up as the default so if you're playing a lot of people with default emblems/backs that's why

why are like idolmaster costumes for tales games the only thing they'll release in the west lol, seems like they went to more trouble keeping these out of the english client

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its cool because not only do you need to go through that process once, but again every time there is a patch. at least its not too annoying.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have been adding bigger rushing minions like Jeno to banner and it works real well. If you draw him early you can use him on four to deal with hyper-aggressive decks or you can suicide him on 6 to get 2 extra bodies. The banner plus cyclone blade plus some other random poo poo lets you recover the board against Daria and poo poo like that if they don't clear your board first.

Today I learned that the phoenix roost discount is permanent. Some dragon dropped one on five so I could drop my Bahamut (destroying the amulet) only for him to Bahamut me back. Then I killed that poo poo with a banner into assassin. Why, yes, my banner deck runs a bahamut as a desperation move.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Terper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CW4LeFQB5Y

They need to add Amira, Kaisar, and FAAAVVAAARROOOO cards soon.

Why thats not a blaaaaaaaaaze of carnaaage:argh:.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlZiYVzO8Ro

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Control Sword is playable again! No Dshift. No PtP. No Haven Seraph. I don't care about disco dragon and control shits all over Dariarune. I can stop running lovely tech cards like Odin. Cyclone blade deals with Otohime and fangblade deals with Aurelia, so midrange is beatable.

Only WolfBolt's new archetype is tough but it bricks harder than PtP. Even then I usually don't take any face damage until turn 9 when I get hit with double silver bolt. If I could draw my Lucifer I can recover.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

man who rage disconnects in casual.

otherwise, midrangebloodstorm doing some work. the deck just feels like nonstop gas.

i've seen a lot of talk of Veight, but honestly Yurius has been mvp for me. 1/3 for two is hard to trade into on curve, and if i play him on curve he's been doing 3-4 damage while on the board. most people arent playing around him yet either, i slammed down two of them and then a swordcraft player played otohime into them. :feelsgood:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 30, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

man who rage disconnects in casual.

otherwise, midrangebloodstorm doing some work. the deck just feels like nonstop gas.

i've seen a lot of talk of Veight, but honestly Yurius has been mvp for me. 1/3 for two is hard to trade into on curve, and if i play him on curve he's been doing 3-4 damage while on the board. most people arent playing around him yet either, i slammed down two of them and then a swordcraft player played otohime into them. :feelsgood:

Tell me about that mid blood list. I've been wanting to play one since before there were cards for it.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i based my list off of the one on the gamepress site and have been messing with it since then. https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/mid-range-bloodcraft-0

some opinions i've got so far:
-Angelic Barrage is kind of bad atm, a lot of people are teching against it, and one of the most popular decks atm, the rune spam deck, doesn't mind it at all. i would try out something out, maybe demonic storm?
-wardrobe raider feels pretty bad too, i think it is easily the weakest card in the deck right now. i would like a better four drop to replace it.
-turns out sadistic night has been FANTASTIC. take a lovely card, staple it to a good one. go figure.
-Mastema might be one of the best cards of the deck. pretty much nothing can trade fairly with it. has usually gotten a 2-for-1 out of it.

basically just play to the board turns 2-4, and then turn five just slam thrat after threat and push face.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sweet, thanks. I'm glad that my idle speculation that Blood was just missing some good mid threats to make that deck real turned out to be true!

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Crystalia tia, white wolf of eldwood, dragonsong flute, alexander, enstatued seraph, and bahamut a solid roll if I want to play forest? I see those first 2 are supposedly pretty good. I don't mind rerolling more if i gotta.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I've been playing Elana Seraph because I basically had all the cards I needed for it out of my starter packs, but I have no idea how it's been affected by this new expansion.

Also I've gone and bought myself the starter decks for Forestcraft and Swordcraft so I guess I have a good start on making decent decks for them now?

Cirina fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 30, 2016

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Eopia posted:

I've been playing Elana Seraph because I basically had all the cards I needed for it out of my starter packs, but I have no idea how it's been affected by this new expansion.

Also I've gone and bought myself the starter decks for Forestcraft and Swordcraft so I guess I have a good start on making decent decks for them now?

Eidolon of Madness is going to cause major changes to the Havencraft meta, how I am uncertain but once someone does the science I can't help but feel like Elana decks might be taking a backseat to a more aggressive Garuda variant. Sword, Forest, and Haven are basically the holy trinity of good decks so yeah you're gucci. Just know that even with the Forest starters the cheapest good forest deck is still like 35k vials. Mid-range sword is what I play, I use two Otohimes and zero Aurelias so you're in a good spot once you make all the non-legs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is... Eidolon even good in Storm? It's a 5 point play that does nothing, and even when it's active it only works at the end of the turn, which makes your storms have no effect whatsoever unless you time it perfectly.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 30, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

also it takes up a board space which is actually a serious consideration in storm haven

i dusted mine to help make a 2nd albert.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Super No Vacancy posted:

why are like idolmaster costumes for tales games the only thing they'll release in the west lol, seems like they went to more trouble keeping these out of the english client

Strictly speaking while Cygames develops Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage, Tales and im@s as a whole are owned by Bandai Namco. They would have to work out some licensing agreement for outside of Japan and most companies just don't bother.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Eidolon of Madness is going to cause major changes to the Havencraft meta, how I am uncertain but once someone does the science I can't help but feel like Elana decks might be taking a backseat to a more aggressive Garuda variant. Sword, Forest, and Haven are basically the holy trinity of good decks so yeah you're gucci. Just know that even with the Forest starters the cheapest good forest deck is still like 35k vials. Mid-range sword is what I play, I use two Otohimes and zero Aurelias so you're in a good spot once you make all the non-legs.
Eidolon is probably bad, which is upsetting for me because I have an animated one. It's a huge loss on the board for a turn on turn 5 and then you can't even Themis or your eidolon dies rendering the whole thing moot.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Control Sword is playable again! No Dshift. No PtP. No Haven Seraph. I don't care about disco dragon and control shits all over Dariarune. I can stop running lovely tech cards like Odin. Cyclone blade deals with Otohime and fangblade deals with Aurelia, so midrange is beatable.

Only WolfBolt's new archetype is tough but it bricks harder than PtP. Even then I usually don't take any face damage until turn 9 when I get hit with double silver bolt. If I could draw my Lucifer I can recover.
Is haven seraph not being played because it's a new expansion? Seems like the deck should still be strong.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If Eidolon is gonna be a thing I think you'd see it eating Sacred Plea, Death Sentence, Noble Fangs, Holy Sentinel, etc while you find Seraph. It's popping amulets on the same turn as Garuda with less payoff, so I don't see the point of running it in a deck that wants to be ending the game at turn 6-7 like Storm Haven.

And while I'm sure it's probably a bad combination, if I had the cards I'd at least test it with Hare of Illusion because the prospect of having a ward literally every turn is pretty neat.

But yeah like No Wave said the Themis thing is a problem for a deck that wants to be playing a slow controlling game. And you don't want to be stuck with garbage amulets that take 700 turns to pop if you have to wrath. I'm not saying it can't work but I'd be suspicious of any game plan that tells you one of the most impactful cards in your craft is a no-go. Like imagine a Forest list where you had some cool idea but it was vitally important that you not run Ancient Elf. Is this idea better than just playing a good loving card?

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 30, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i guess you have to deal with bahamut clearing the board including your elanas now. ptp too.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I have an animated Bloodhungry Empress and I'm not sure if that's a good card or not.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Awesome! posted:

i guess you have to deal with bahamut clearing the board including your elanas now. ptp too.
Seraph still good

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah, most seraph decks are elana hybrids though. not that i think elana and ptp are dead or anything, just more easily countered than they previously were. probably a good thing.

looks like there was a 150mb patch just now. ranked still down. still have my idolmaster stuff so you dont need to do that again.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Haven can play Bahamut as the world's most expensive hallowed dogma for Seraph, too!

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Dec 30, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I am currently playing a Nep deck without Nep, and it's actually kind of... okay? I mean, to be a good deck you'd have to be able to win without always drawing the exact cards you need, and as a control deck it can deal with the current crazy decks people are running around with right now (Daria, disco dragon, etc). I can't really tell how it'd do against the actual good decks people have been using before the expansion, but at least it's not a complete flop yet.

Games currently last forever because I have no win condition, but at least it's hilarious for a Daria deck to run out of cards and lose.

shoc77
Apr 21, 2015
So now that it's been a day since the release of.the expansion, it seems like runecraft is the biggest winner with Daria and they have been kicking by butt so far with both aggro forestcraft and midrange sword craft.

Any idea how to beat them?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

shoc77 posted:

So now that it's been a day since the release of.the expansion, it seems like runecraft is the biggest winner with Daria and they have been kicking by butt so far with both aggro forestcraft and midrange sword craft.

Play hard control. Board clears gently caress them up really bad unless Daria draws them another Daria.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Ranked is up again. Looks like I'll be able to get the Liza emblem after all!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Bahamut onto Khawy is literally the best thing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

shoc77 posted:

Control decks with AOE, and while tempo rune's not my favorite deck it's really good for balance. Midrange sword and tempo forest were OP because they just couldn't be out controlled and still had the best tempo.

Also Bahamut in Take 2 is stupidly broken. Went 5-0 with shadow even though I only had 7 1-2 drops because I drafted him and cerberus.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 30, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I accidentally won from this board. I didn't even see it at the time, but I guess if you have time to analyze the picture it becomes pretty obvious how.

Edit: The new Shadow cards are pretty cool.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 30, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

I accidentally won from this board. I didn't even see it at the time, but I guess if you have time to analyze the picture it becomes pretty obvious how.

Edit: The new Shadow cards are pretty cool.
Is there a lethal there I'm missing?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Does the creature on the left do anything? Because otherwise it seems like the easiest "kill ward, attack with zombie" board ever.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No Wave posted:

Is there a lethal there I'm missing?

Foul Tempest to weaken Khawy. Use Pact with the Nethergod on him, and there's a 50% chance of the Last Word effect targeting the newly spawned Pluto with 5 attack. The enemy leader heals for 5 but I have 7 attack on the board.

50% chance of lethal isn't great, obviously, but it sure took me off guard when it happened. Possibly that was a misplay. You can guarantee it would hit Pluto if you target Mordecai instead (and then kill Khawy with the other spell), but then he'd live with 1 HP and possibly kill me next turn.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Does the creature on the left do anything? Because otherwise it seems like the easiest "kill ward, attack with zombie" board ever.

It has a Last Word effect that kills the enemy follower with the highest attack and heals the leader for that attack value. So if I did that it would have killed Mordecai and healed him for 5. Mordecai comes back, but he'd lose Ward and then I'd die next turn. (Probably)

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 30, 2016

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I don't think dragoncraft players are reading the effects of new shadowcraft cards. If I have Lurching Corpse, Attendant of Night, and Hell's Unleasher the last thing you should play is Bahamut. Bahamut is also not the answer to two Mordecais on the board.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lord Ephraim posted:

I don't think dragoncraft players are reading the effects of new shadowcraft cards. If I have Lurching Corpse, Attendant of Night, and Hell's Unleasher the last thing you should play is Bahamut. Bahamut is also not the answer to two Mordecais on the board.

Sometimes you have to do the stupid misplay to actually learn the lesson.

Edit: Just played a Dragoncraft deck that used Phoenix Roost to drop a bunch of high cost cards on the board, then Sahaquiel to pull a Reina and evolve all of them. That was unexpected.

Previously that game a separate Sahaquiel pulled Bahamut to rush down a high defense Ward minion.

Seems like that could be a solid neutral card to work with!

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 30, 2016

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

i based my list off of the one on the gamepress site and have been messing with it since then. https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/mid-range-bloodcraft-0

some opinions i've got so far:
-Angelic Barrage is kind of bad atm, a lot of people are teching against it, and one of the most popular decks atm, the rune spam deck, doesn't mind it at all. i would try out something out, maybe demonic storm?
-wardrobe raider feels pretty bad too, i think it is easily the weakest card in the deck right now. i would like a better four drop to replace it.
-turns out sadistic night has been FANTASTIC. take a lovely card, staple it to a good one. go figure.
-Mastema might be one of the best cards of the deck. pretty much nothing can trade fairly with it. has usually gotten a 2-for-1 out of it.

basically just play to the board turns 2-4, and then turn five just slam thrat after threat and push face.

Gave this a shot. Switched out Wardrobe for Dark Generals and Barrage for Demonic Storms. I liked the flow of it, and was doing pretty well for being up against an early dropped Elana's.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
New years bonus for logging on :toot:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

New Years bonus :10bux: time, they're been unbelievably generous with the dosh lately. I'm sitting on 4k Rupees and still have 1k to gain from private matches and then all the rest of the bonus days. Should I be getting 50 packs of Bahamut or split them up so I can get a chance at some more staple legendaries from ye decks of olde

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

im a sucker and will probably buy the leader cosmetics with gold (and spend the rest on arena instead of splurging on packs)

Just won a game in arena I thought was lost for sure, I was out of cards at 1hp and topdecking vs a dragon with the golden dragon den down drawing a bunch of cards per turn but somehow managed to last long enough for him to deck himself, holy poo poo. the new shadowcraft taunt that kills an enemy on death and heals you saved my rear end so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i used 500 of my private match gold on vania :3:

• Locked thread