Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Really the more interesting thing is why Reiji didn't say a single thing that entire conversation. She's up to something.

I think the only thing she's up to is not giving someone like Pudding the satisfaction of reacting to her performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

So is Nitro binding Reiji's legs or putting pressure on her wound so she doesn't bleed out? I'm curious because no one in One Piece has ever been in danger of bleeding out like that but those are powerful bullets

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Jimbei apparently also didn't leave the island and wasn't a known hostile or outsider to Big Mom's crew, so he appears to have left on amicable terms as promised.

For now, anyway.

actually it seems a few of us misread this. i looked back on 834 and it turns out he backed down on leaving big mom's crew.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

So is Nitro binding Reiji's legs or putting pressure on her wound so she doesn't bleed out? I'm curious because no one in One Piece has ever been in danger of bleeding out like that but those are powerful bullets

remember that time on fishman island where sanji nearly bled to death from a nosebleed

that counts right

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

holy poo poo I love evil pudding so much lmao

poor sanji

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

anime was right posted:

actually it seems a few of us misread this. i looked back on 834 and it turns out he backed down on leaving big mom's crew.

I went back to 834 to see what you were talking about and come on. You really think the gossip mongering was based on some irrefutable fact? It wouldn't just be 'Yo I heard karate fishman wussed out uncharacteristically' if that was the case.

I mean when has a newspaper in One Piece ever been telling the truth so far?

Jimbei is amazing and will be the ultimate straight man to Luffy's madness and i've been waiting for this moment forever and gently caress you and-

just kidding, you guys are all cool broppers. This entire arc is amazing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

brainSnakes posted:

Jimbei is amazing and will be the ultimate straight man to Luffy's madness and i've been waiting for this moment forever and gently caress you and-

Between Jimbei and Law, who is the straighter straight man?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I was kind of wondering why he was sitting on Reiji's lap.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I thought he was holding her arms together there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mraagvpeine posted:

Between Jimbei and Law, who is the straighter straight man?

They already broke Law, so until Jinbei breaks he's the straighter straight man.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Robin is the straightest (wo)man, and if she hasn't broken by now she never will

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tap my mountain posted:

Robin is the straightest (wo)man, and if she hasn't broken by now she never will

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
One of my favorite parts was the obvious meta-joke about Enel-face/Perona-face.

Also Brooke is so drat cool!!! :clint:

And Jinbei!!!!!!! :neckbeard:

Plus Sanji's heart-breaking face. :smith:

I love One Piece.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Let's be real here, Pudding has no respect for Enel Face. Consequentially I don't see how anyone can maintain any respect for her. Looking forward to Sanji's sister going full Moe Howard on her three eyed rear end.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
That one panel was just heart-breaking.

Also, right now Pudding is evil. Honestly people need to stop trying to be right all the time, for their own good. Just roll with it and hate pudding.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
Sanji right now: https://youtu.be/cUcFSRiYuTg

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

sharktamer posted:

That one panel was just heart-breaking.

Also, right now Pudding is evil. Honestly people need to stop trying to be right all the time, for their own good. Just roll with it and hate pudding.

After those faces I could never hate Pudding

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I'm curious if Pudding thinking about what Lola said to her will come up again or if it was just meant to fake out the audience. That's the only reason I'm not 100% convinced she's evil

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Kabanaw posted:

I'm curious if Pudding thinking about what Lola said to her will come up again or if it was just meant to fake out the audience. That's the only reason I'm not 100% convinced she's evil

lola was probably the favorite while pudding was babied her entire life. pudding hates that so she altered big moms memory to make her the favorite instead of lola. something along those lines (maybe pudding IS the favorite, but big mom didnt care about lola, but pudding wanted to be free like lola).

puddings still evil tho.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 30, 2016

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lola never existed, friend

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kabanaw posted:

Actually now that we know what her fruit power is, she could be remembering back to when she went against Big Mom. The flashback is triggered by another lady telling her to do as Big Mom wants, which segues into Big Mom telling Pudding to simply do as she is told and referring to Pudding as a little doll. Remember that Lola asks everyone to marry her, but we recently found out that she ran away from a marriage. Also Lola remembers her mom loving her and thinks that she'd help the Strawhats if they ever met. Meanwhile Big Mom hates Lola and wants to know where she is so that she can send an assassin.

Big Mom and Lola were very close and Big Mom arranged a marriage for Lola. Pudding was jealous/conniving/just plain evil enough to use her powers to change that all up. Lola thinks she wanted to find her own man, despite proposing to every single man she ever meets later on. Meanwhile Big Mom seems to have an unreasonable amount of anger directed towards Lola,who still remembers her loving mother.

Pudding Aizend this whole situation.

Edit: Point in favor of this all being a reverse Aizen by Nitro or someone else: When Pudding is crying after leaving Luffy and Nami in the book prison tears are only coming from her two non-third eyes. There's still a reverse triple bluff counter swerve out if you want to hold onto silver linings. I mean, if you're down with crazy chicks who break your boy's heart. Real messed up you don't have Sanji's back, man.

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

Don't care about Puddings possible good/evil thing when there's so much COOL poo poo in this chapter!!

Brook continuing to be a badass, quickly rising in my personal favourite ranks of the Strawhats.

Mother loving JINBEI! Hell yeah.

Poor Sanji not being able to light his damp cigarette, just like he can't light up his damp feels. :smith:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
What if Pudding wiped Lola's memories before she left to make her think her mom loved her as a mercy or some poo poo? :stare:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what if pudding was just evil

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
One Piece is good and cool and I am glad we are all comrades on this journey.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Looking forward to Robin participating in Pirates Docking 6 Big Emperor.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Why are they interrogating Nami when they can just pull her memory out and take a peek?

Also Brooke owns bones.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Professor Wayne posted:

Why are they interrogating Nami when they can just pull her memory out and take a peek?

Also Brooke owns bones.

Pudding doesn't seem the type to be helpful, or even care.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
It's also likely that Puddings fruit ability is purposefully kept secret. After all, how good an actor can you be if everyone knows you can manipulate memories?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Big Mom is gutsy as gently caress to give Pudding a fruit like that. The idea of my teenage daughter being able to rewrite my memories is horrifying

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Gyges posted:

Actually now that we know what her fruit power is, she could be remembering back to when she went against Big Mom. The flashback is triggered by another lady telling her to do as Big Mom wants, which segues into Big Mom telling Pudding to simply do as she is told and referring to Pudding as a little doll. Remember that Lola asks everyone to marry her, but we recently found out that she ran away from a marriage. Also Lola remembers her mom loving her and thinks that she'd help the Strawhats if they ever met. Meanwhile Big Mom hates Lola and wants to know where she is so that she can send an assassin.

Big Mom and Lola were very close and Big Mom arranged a marriage for Lola. Pudding was jealous/conniving/just plain evil enough to use her powers to change that all up. Lola thinks she wanted to find her own man, despite proposing to every single man she ever meets later on. Meanwhile Big Mom seems to have an unreasonable amount of anger directed towards Lola,who still remembers her loving mother.

Yeah the twist is Pudding is even more evil rear end in a top hat than Big Mom

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This story has people who can edit gender (Ivankov), age (Bonney), appearance (Bon Clay), and now memories (Pudding). Literally nothing that has happened in the story so far is reliable and everything is subject to retcon.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Gyges posted:

Edit: Point in favor of this all being a reverse Aizen by Nitro or someone else: When Pudding is crying after leaving Luffy and Nami in the book prison tears are only coming from her two non-third eyes. There's still a reverse triple bluff counter swerve out if you want to hold onto silver linings. I mean, if you're down with crazy chicks who break your boy's heart. Real messed up you don't have Sanji's back, man.

Wuzzat mean?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

U-DO Burger posted:

Big Mom is gutsy as gently caress to give Pudding a fruit like that. The idea of my teenage daughter being able to rewrite my memories is horrifying

That assumes Big Mom knows about it :tinfoil:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

JosephWongKS posted:

This story has people who can edit gender (Ivankov), age (Bonney), appearance (Bon Clay), and now memories (Pudding). Literally nothing that has happened in the story so far is reliable and everything is subject to retcon.

which is generally why oda takes pretty simple approaches to these powers/characters

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

lowercase16 posted:

Wuzzat mean?

Aizen from Bleach has a sword that rewrites memories and poo poo. For most of his tenure as a villain he does the "~I'm a mastermind schemer guy look at me fart around deceiving everyone~" thing by loving with people's perceptions of reality.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

lowercase16 posted:

Wuzzat mean?

Aizen was the main villian in Bleach who was a master schemer and had a power that made everyone percive him and events the way he wanted to. He was a dick

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

lowercase16 posted:

Wuzzat mean?

A character from the manga Bleach named Aizen had the power to make previous events actually be illusions of something else and mainly used it to mess with people.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Sanji's face.

loving gently caress, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Sanji is now broken, he's no longer a man. Which means he'll have no problem kicking Pudding 'til she's a stain on the carpet.