Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

Bioware is a bad developer. Bethesda tier bankruptcy of ideas and recycling of gameplay

Mass Effect: Andromeda will be good somehow despite the odds, mark my words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm currently addicted to Peggle2.

It's the orange box debacle all over again.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Huh you guys are still talking about Souls games.

Anyway,

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/814638293459550208

"You're welcome, games industry"

Where is Poker Night 3 Telltale!!! Where is it!!!

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I'm playing Call of Duty: Forevermore Warfare and digging how these games have gotten so visually busy with all the explosions and effects and over-detailing that it has to highlight enemies for you half the time because otherwise you can't see what you're shooting at.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

I've got 51h logged in Dark Souls 3, my first souls game, with the following bosses beaten:
Iudex Gundyr
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
Curse-Rotted Greatwood
Crystal Sage
Abyss Watchers (with summons)
Deacons of the Deep
High Lord Wolnir
Pontiff Sulyvahn (with summons)

Unless I've forgotten I that I beat another boss or so that leaves 11 bosses to go according to the list I just went through, and there's where I tapped out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Phantasium posted:

The Mario Maker thread is mostly dead, so I'm going to let you all know I just played a powerful level.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/7FA5-0000-02BD-1660

They used bullet bills to restrict the screen to be tiny sized and called it Gameboy Mario and it owns.
I spent a good while playing all the levels in the Mario Maker thread in the last 20 or so pages but yeah there was no longer anyone in there to comment back on my feedback :( I still have to go through the "Super Mario World V" levels that got posted there a whole bunch because those are cool. And this level sounds good, too!

That game is still really great, I definitely got my money's worth even if it's kind of died off a bit now.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just one more turn

i dont know who has that kind of time though thats crazy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

you shouldn't play ANY videogame for 200 hours imho

Come As You SARS
Jul 27, 2015

corn in the bible posted:

It should be the opposite. Play every game for 200 hours. Saves money.

I wish I was addicted to only 1 game. I cant imagine how much money I would have saved over the years. Also, Civ is great.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If a strategy game doesn't have 200 hours of gameplay for me it's probably a bad strategy game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

What if I have over 2000 in TF2?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the longest I've played a single game for was Oblivion at about 80 hours.
A full all side quests done run of Tales of Vesperia was close though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

:stonklol:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I somehow put about 130 hours into Valkyria Chronicles 3. If you count all of my playthroughs in both vanilla and Golden I may have surpassed that in Persona 4 though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There are a ton of games I've played for 70-100 hours but I can't think anything I've put like several hundred hours into

My Wii U says I've played Mario Kart 8 for 174 hours so that's something. I guess there's also a chance my most played game is spelunky or something which would be kind of lame

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Mmo's, Warcraft 3, Destiny, Civ 1, 2, and 4, and X3 are all 200+ hours for me. Total War is nearing it. Part of the reason I quit mmo's was that they were eating up all my gaming time and I missed more traditional video games. Strategy games taking 200 hours is fine but spending 2000+ hours playing WoW or FF11 or w/e made me feel like I was missing out on better games. And life too, I suppose that's important.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 30, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh, I just remembered I probably put way more than that into Lord of the Rings Online, somehow the only MMO I've ever really gotten into.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
we do it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

🤔

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

well i do notoriously have a hundred and fifty hours in team fortress 2

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

check out how big of a nerd I am :smuggo:

:negative:

I actually quit playing dota about 8 months ago, and planetside probably a year ago but I doubt anything will ever approach those two in terms of how much I've played them over the last 5 years.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

planetside 2 had a crazy good feel when the entire faction was storming a tower and tanks were rolling by and there were aerial dogfights off in the horizon and stray infantry fire everywhere. rest in peace game...

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I have hundreds in Rocksmith 2014 and I think Civ IV.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually don't think I have over 200 hours in any game except bloodborne. If the new hitman really does have 3 seasons though I will absolutely sink 200+ into it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

I'm gonna put 5 million hours into Smash Bros. and Kid Icarus: Uprising and you can't stop me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i can't believe hitman is already goty 2017

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I have about 800 hours in Animal Crossing New Leaf

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that's not fair, the game plays itself even while you're away. so it's probably like 20 hours

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My only 200+ game is Football Manager 2010. I also spent an obscene amount of time on Civ 4 and Diablo 2 but those aren't on steam.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The good thing is that there's always gonna be somebody out there who's logged in more hours than you so you never have to feel too bad.

It's like if you ever think back to Playstation Home and regret the amount of money you spent on it, however much you spent there, it wasn't nearly as high as how much some of the other people using the service spent on the thing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't feel bad about anything because i'll be dead eventually

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't think I have any one game with an absurd hour count I just have a lot of games played overall.

I'm sure if something was keeping track of all the times I played SotN that it would be up there just on replays alone but iunno.

Actually I think when I originally played Fallout 3 it was something like a 100+ hours?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

oddium posted:

i don't feel bad about anything because i'll be dead eventually

Bury me with my amiibo.

Then hundreds of years later people will dig up my grave and wonder what these strange burial statues littering the land were.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In counterpoint to my rather anaemic Steam list

Very few of those are from actively seeking out trophies rather than just playing a shitload of games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Personally you should never feel bad spending your time playing video games because time spent enjoying is not time wasted!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

In counterpoint to my rather anaemic Steam list

Very few of those are from actively seeking out trophies rather than just playing a shitload of games

i'm the terrible person obsessed with trophies

I think there are goons with way more than that though

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Help Im Alive posted:

That is a legit silly amount of trophies. All those plats... I'd be curious how many of those you'd estimate come from major releases and how many come from smaller indie games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Yikes

You and Policenaut should compare Plats

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

That is a legit silly amount of trophies. All those plats... I'd be curious how many of those you'd estimate come from major releases and how many come from smaller indie games.

I don't really buy a lot of indie games but there are some in there

https://psnprofiles.com/Glenn_O?completion=platinum&order=a-z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda will be good somehow despite the odds, mark my words.

Hell, even Mass Effect 3 had a lot of good parts. It's the series's gameplay highpoint and the multiplayer was surprisingly fun.

I'm no longer so in love with Bioware games that I play them multiple times like I did with KOTOR and Mass Effect 2, but, I mean, I didn't hate Dragon Age Inquisition, so I'm cautiously optimistic for Andromeda.

• Locked thread