Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hm.

Noted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Is it theoretically possible to catch Necrozma in a beast ball?

Like I know how decidedly unlikely it is but is it impossible or not?

anything's possible with the magic of save-editing, but this is regular kinds of possible as well

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Classtoise posted:

The Japanese names only sound better if you're a weeaboo who doesn't understand Japanese. But like, even Japan does that kinda stupid poo poo with names.

Wow Burakki is such a great name why is he Umbreon in EngOh it's Blacky nevermind. The black dog is named Blacky okay.
Let's not forget the legendary birds Fire, Thunder, and Freezer :v:

Or the first three Eeveelutions: Showers, Thunders (with an "s") and Booster

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wouldn't be surprised if the pokemon legends are designed that way. I remember reading an interview about how they want their legendaries designed to be the best and be able to communicate their ideas internationally.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Is it theoretically possible to catch Necrozma in a beast ball?

Like I know how decidedly unlikely it is but is it impossible or not?

To be specific, the chance of a successful capture for a catch rate 3 Pokemon (like most legendaries that aren't on a game box, and some that are) in a Beast Ball is 1/255. It's too low for any amount of health lowering or status effects to change it - the effect is so minuscule it gets eaten by rounding.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

U.T. Raptor posted:

Let's not forget the legendary birds Fire, Thunder, and Freezer :v:

Or the first three Eeveelutions: Showers, Thunders (with an "s") and Booster

booster is a cool name

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So just save my Beast Balls, lob them at Necrozma, and soft reset a lot?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
you could always breed a regular beast ball beldum with an HA beldum until one with both pops out

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TFRazorsaw posted:

So just save my Beast Balls, lob them at Necrozma, and soft reset a lot?

Bring a Sableye - none of the wild Necrozma's attacking moves affect it. Otherwise, basically, yes.

Good luck.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Eox posted:

you could always breed a regular beast ball beldum with an HA beldum until one with both pops out

No you couldn't, because it's genderless.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Eox posted:

Beldum is genderless and can only get freaky with Ditto, who can't pass on balls.

e;f,b

Carbink, Magnemite and Staryu are also part of that club where you'd have to get the HA and the pokeball of your choice at the same time.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 30, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Aren't they found on the same route in this game?

Hm. We may have discovered where wild Beldums come from.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

Been having the same issue, trying to trade one of my Pheromosas for a Buzzwole but no takers. Now you might have better luck trading your Celesteela for the Buzzwole, and using one of your Pheromosas for a Kartana. Since apparently in Sun they apparently have to catch four Kartanas, and two Buzzwoles (a fact I did not learn until after I had already traded my spare Celesteela for a Kartana).

Edit: Also Pheromosa isn't lovely and you are a bad person :colbert:

Call it as I see it broski.

Absolute garbage Defense, SpD and HP? Yikes, that thing is made out of paper maché.

Falls squarely into niche territory, and I would rather have a super swole mosquito man :colbert:

EDIT: Necrozma is my home boy. Shame about his mono-typing

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Parrotine posted:

Absolute garbage Defense, SpD and HP? Yikes, that thing is made out of paper maché.

Falls squarely into niche territory, and I would rather have a super swole mosquito man :colbert:

If by niche you mean Ubers then sure :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
ubers is pretty niche, since OU is what everyone plays

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Why does everybody want a castform? You get one for free in ORAS, and it's kind of a not-so-great pokemon!

Did they give it a buff or a unique ability for doubles in SuMo? Maybe it's just for collectors?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What's the use of light metal?

Parrotine posted:

Why does everybody want a castform? You get one for free in ORAS, and it's kind of a not-so-great pokemon!

you get one for free in ORAS, yeah, but you have to chain for it during weather conditions in this game

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

What's the use of light metal?

you get one for free in ORAS, yeah, but you have to chain for it during weather conditions in this game

I think Light Metal cuts the users weight in half? Not 100% on that

I guess Castform is just one of those 'mons in this version that is rather difficult to catch and is a high-bargaining chip for GTS trades

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Parrotine posted:

I think Light Metal cuts the users weight in half? Not 100% on that

I guess Castform is just one of those 'mons in this version that is rather difficult to catch and is a high-bargaining chip for GTS trades

It is, yeah. seriously though is the only use of light metal to halve the damage from grass knot and low kick?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I think so, yeah. It is incredibly niche

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I was WT'ing some breeding rejects last night and got a Sandshrew in a Masterball. When I first saw it I thought, this must be a hack, but it was non-shiny, non-HA and had terrible IVs. Some poor kid in Sweden used their masterball on Sandshrew.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

leftist heap posted:

I was WT'ing some breeding rejects last night and got a Sandshrew in a Masterball. When I first saw it I thought, this must be a hack, but it was non-shiny, non-HA and had terrible IVs. Some poor kid in Sweden used their masterball on Sandshrew.

Either that or they powersaved 999 master balls and just catch everything in them. :v:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

ubers is pretty niche, since OU is what everyone plays

Ubers is fun though.

That said Pheromosa dominates OU and has a presence in VGC, so it's not very niche.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 30, 2016

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

oddium posted:

i'm gonna post this again because it's my favorite

Bulbapedia posted:

inspired in part by the three children of Loki and Angrboða: Fenrir, Jörmungandr, and Hel.

Zygarde 10% Forme may be based on Fenrir. The green leash-like object around its neck could be based on Gleipnir, the rope that binds Fenrir. This Forme could also draw inspiration from Garmr, the watchdog that guards Helheim's gate. In appearance, Zygarde 10% Forme resembles a Doberman Pinscher.

Zygarde 50% Forme's appearance is based on a serpent in the shape of the letter Z. It may also draw inspiration from Jörmungandr, a sea serpent that encircles the earth, and Níðhöggr, a dragon that gnaws at the roots of Yggdrasill, the world tree.

Zygarde Complete Forme may be based on Hel, the ruler of Helheim, the realm of the dead in Nordic myth.

I like how they just throw Hel in there and then don't give any design details like with the other two because Hel was a beautiful woman (possibly half-zombie) with nothing in common with Zy-Zord

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

PJOmega posted:

What 1 or 2 Pokemon combo would do well for grinding the Elite4? I'm effing terrible at figuring out type matchups.

One thing is for sure, anything that outspeeds Decidueye wrecks him, as it seems everything in E4 is packing Dark, Fire, or Flying.

I'm using a Primarina@leftovers with Sparkling Aria, Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam. Can pretty much take down every opponent you will run into (most all of them super effective too). I'll typically have a backup or two as well, but the last two runs (it was lvl 85 by then) I haven't needed to use any healing/PP restoring moves.

Catching a female Samurott in a beast ball was annoying but definitely worth it.

mastajake fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 30, 2016

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
So I've finally completed my Gen VI living dex in preparation for the Pokebank update, but I missed out on most of the Mythical mons and hate to see the dex in my Gen VI games have holes in it. Is there a kind soul out there who would let me touch their mythical Pokemon on two games? Specifically, these are the ones I'm missing:

Mew (I've got this on Blue so I guess it's not a big deal as long as you can transfer from VC to Gen VI and not only VII)
Jirachi
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Keldeo
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion

Admittedly I don't have a lot to offer in return beyond being able to breed up anything you need for dex completion or some mediocre breedjects (Charmander, Honedge, Scyther, Cleffa, maybe a couple others) but I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

leftist heap posted:

Some people have made it a ritual to use their Master Ball on the first thing they find after getting it and immediately WT-ing it away for fun. Bit silly, but could very well be what you got there.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Those people are chumps. You have to save the Master Ball for Fearow!

I just use it on the cover legendary now that roaming legendaries are no longer a thing. Note that this was before I found out how the Necrozma encounter worked, welp.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 30, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoness posted:

Ubers is fun though.

That said Pheromosa dominates OU and has a presence in VGC, so it's not very niche.

i thought phermosa got banned to ubers, dang the tapus must be doing more work then i thought

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i used my masterball on the purple tapu cuz the colors matched and i had nothing else to use it on

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

i thought phermosa got banned to ubers, dang the tapus must be doing more work then i thought

while pheromosa is good, vulnerability to priority means you're going to be predictably using it along with tapu lele and it's completely walled by toxapex or alolan marowak.

tapus don't handle it too well since it almost always packs poison jab.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

more of a choice ascot really

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Mierenneuker posted:

Those people are chumps. You have to save the Master Ball for Fearow!

:yeah:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oddium posted:

more of a choice ascot really
she's my choice of mascot :3:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Necrozma encounter is wonderful because it can't hurt the Sableye you catch on the way there at all.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

tyblazitar posted:

So I've finally completed my Gen VI living dex in preparation for the Pokebank update, but I missed out on most of the Mythical mons and hate to see the dex in my Gen VI games have holes in it. Is there a kind soul out there who would let me touch their mythical Pokemon on two games? Specifically, these are the ones I'm missing:

Mew (I've got this on Blue so I guess it's not a big deal as long as you can transfer from VC to Gen VI and not only VII)
Jirachi
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Keldeo
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion

Admittedly I don't have a lot to offer in return beyond being able to breed up anything you need for dex completion or some mediocre breedjects (Charmander, Honedge, Scyther, Cleffa, maybe a couple others) but I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I have an extra Volcanion code card from when they were being given away. I'll send it to you via PM tonight if I can remember where it is

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
tapus are evil rude meta-shifting assholes but they are still more interesting than the garbage genies

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The Tapu music is cool

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like Tapu Fini, even if she's the least meta-killing tapu.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

oddium posted:

i'm gonna post this again because it's my favorite

I mean the 50% form inspiration seems to be correct, the other two eeeeeeeeh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Falls squarely into niche territory

lol