Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mellow Seas posted:

Marlette's style is close to that of his late father, Doug Marlette, but a pale imitation, like Gary McCoy vs. Glenn. Doug (who died in 2007) was also a milquetoast liberal who drew for southern newspapers. When I expressed interest in cartooning as a kid my parents actually got me a book that he wrote; he was pretty much my first exposure to politoons.

My main beef with Andy Marlette is his pinprick pupils. I'm not sure how big you're supposed to draw pupils but it's sure as poo poo bigger than he does.

There is something very irritating about Andy's style to me. It's ugly but it seems like it doesn't have any reason to be. It just insists on being ugly, which is almost more off-putting than a more straightforward Joe Liccar or Clay Jones ugliness. (Branco manages to have both kinds of ugliness).

Anyway have some Marlette Sr. Toons:

As a liberal from Mississippi, he loved sticking it to racist old southern crackers. Jesse Helms was also a favorite of his.

Left to right: Monica, Phoebe, Ross, Joey, Rachel, Chandler.
He didn't handle 9/11 the best.

Overall, solid opinions, and art that was like his son's, but not lovely.

Correction: Andy is Doug's nephew, not son.

Anyway, for the OP:

Andy Marlette:

Marshall Rasmey:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Peter Schrank on the two-state solution for the Middle East"

Telegraph:

David Cameron tipped for Nato Secretary General role

Independent:

'You're not Henry VIII,' Jeremy Corbyn tells Theresa May

Times:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Vib Rib posted:

Okay, but, like, why though?
Even ignoring that these are blatantly different people who would need severe nosejobs and even bone reconstruction, what's the motive? What does anyone gain from a hoax like this?

One "logical" explanation that I came up with was that to control the sheeple, they "kill" some celebrities every now and then, because people care about them and then they don't pay attention to the really hosed up poo poo that the Illuminati does.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Quorum posted:

So I'm finally catching up on politoons after the election and I see Todd Rule is upset the greater evil won? My, what a shame. If only they hadn't been equally bad. :rolleye:

The best part of Ted Rall's petulant pre-election day commentary was his desperate and pathetic attempt to get Trump's attention for his lovely cartoon biography.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Today's Bennett is entitled "Wishful Thinking"

wait let me see that again, oops, it's actually entitled "Retaliation"

how silly of me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

what's the third guy with the top hat and Evil Mustache? I can't quite make out the text on the left of him

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Lame Duck Putz, Obama’s Legacy

Obama seems determined to restart the Cold War (or worse) in order to protect his lie that the Russians were responsible for Hillary’s loss. Wrong. Hillary was responsible. She is the one who set up an illegal server in the first place. Her drunken rage on election night only underscored her mean-spirited temperament. Being female wasn’t enough. Hillary also needed character and she repeatedly showed she had none. She was the very face of status quo corruption. She habitually lied while grubbing for money and power. People were fed up with her. Her mainstream media spewed constant lies about Trump, but their bias was too obvious. People tuned them out.

Hillary, Obama and their fake media propaganda arm known as the mainstream media concocted a whopper in order to preserve their credibility. Without any evidence, they insisted that the Russians were to blame. Obama is now attempting to force reality to jump to that false tune. He’s playing a dangerous game. We don’t need a reckless lame duck president triggering a war. Obama is dangerous narcissist and globalist puppet who cannot be shown the exit door soon enough.

—Ben Garrison

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

See this is what I don't loving get about Ramirez, who makes my blood boil just thinking about him:

He is a total conservative shithead who ignores facts and spits lies, but the Republican party seem to love Putin now, whether Russia interfered or not (they did). But he's a total right-wing whack job, so why suddenly is he saying Putin=bad. It drives me insane, this guy.

INCISIVE COMMENTARY!!!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Angepain posted:

what's the third guy with the top hat and Evil Mustache? I can't quite make out the text on the left of him
French, I think.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Jesus Christ, Garrison is one willfully dense motherfucker.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Guest starring Daniel Emilfork as RUSSIA.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Trump will do something incredibly stupid and start world war 3, possibly with Russia.

Garrison will blame Obama even if Trump literally tweets "BRB, Starting WW3".

Were liberals seriously this blind to Obama at any time? I feel like he was criticized (fairly at times) from both sides.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

It's finally appropriate to call obama a lame duck but they've been tossing that word around since 2009 so it still doesn't feel real.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

loving lol

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I admit it, i enjoy Obama as a skinny vaguely-sinister man-lame-duck hybrid. That's just funny.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

KillerJunglist posted:

Trump will do something incredibly stupid and start world war 3, possibly with Russia.

Garrison will blame Obama even if Trump literally tweets "BRB, Starting WW3".

Were liberals seriously this blind to Obama at any time? I feel like he was criticized (fairly at times) from both sides.

Just pretend I posted every Animal Nuz with Majestic Lion Obama here.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Shugojin posted:

Majestic Lion Obama.

His long-form birth video you mean?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Obama: A man literally willing to begin nuclear Armageddon and doom the entire world, solely to back up his story on why another person from his party didn't win an election.
It must be comforting to live in a world where things are so black and white that all your political opponents are batshit insane supervillains who'll kill millions out of petty spite, on their way out.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Four Horsemen, Nazgul, whatever, pay me.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
(nevermind, misunderstood)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I like this political cartoon. A unique, avant-garde approach to the subject matter.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wow, Imagine being a c u c k to a country with a GDP smaller than Italy. It's time to stop the apologism for other countries and to put America First, Ben!!

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

all your political opponents are batshit insane supervillains who'll kill millions out of petty spite

Mine are. I follow politics because I want to fight evildoers :colbert:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
What the absolute hell is Garrison talking about with Clinton's "drunken rage" on election night? I mean clearly he must have some source other than the fever dreams he has while masturbating to Trump, but what Mickey Mouse Infowars-Lite drivel is he drawing from here?

e: what must it be like to be Garrison, to be simultaneously elated yet frothingly enraged at winning but also the Liberals are melting the world down? What does a psyche that thoroughly corrupted to outright fascist doublethink even look like? More importantly, how does he fancy himself on the righteous powerful ultra-masculine side of history despite looking like Cowboy Milhouse? The man is so far gone from reality with none of Dees' mental illnesses that I'm almost amazed at how a mind like his came to be, a feeling of simultaneous amazement and schadenfreude, similar to feelings I get when I read news stories of men who get their dicks stuck in toasters.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 30, 2016

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Sandpuppy posted:

PEGIDA = Patriotische Europäer gegen die Islamisierung des Abendlandes (Patriotic Europeans against Islamisation of the West)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Hostile V posted:

Because once you start seeing a world in one way, it's hard to change it. Also because Dees thinks that Jews run the media and Hollywood is part of the media and Jews are bad.

Some of these theories are wildly ghoulish. There's one little bizarre adventure of a tale that claims that Bowie got plastic surgery because a bunch of people had figured out he was a serial killer. So he had the work done and faked his death and personally killed the doctor who did the job so nobody could figure out who he became. Then he stole the life of the guy whose face he impersonated and is now pretending to be him as he lays low. It's some odd poo poo.

Took me a minute.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Edit: nm

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

French-American.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ManlyGrunting posted:

What the absolute hell is Garrison talking about with Clinton's "drunken rage" on election night? I mean clearly he must have some source other than the fever dreams he has while masturbating to Trump, but what Mickey Mouse Infowars-Lite drivel is he drawing from here?

Don't you remember Hillary saying that she wouldn't accept the results of the vote and that there would be riots if she lost? It happened at the same time Obama pulled that "mission accomplished" stunt on an aircraft carrier.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

ManlyGrunting posted:

It is a right-wing meme that the reason HRC didn't give her concession speech until the morning after election night is that she spent the entire night whacked out on some type of drug and trying to strangle Podesta and Mook for ruining her. I don't know what the sources are, but yeah probably not anything reputable.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Yeah, that would be a problem for people to do this with health insurance. If only there were some way to mandate people buy insurance before they need it.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Hostile V posted:

Because once you start seeing a world in one way, it's hard to change it. Also because Dees thinks that Jews run the media and Hollywood is part of the media and Jews are bad.

Some of these theories are wildly ghoulish. There's one little bizarre adventure of a tale that claims that Bowie got plastic surgery because a bunch of people had figured out he was a serial killer. So he had the work done and faked his death and personally killed the doctor who did the job so nobody could figure out who he became. Then he stole the life of the guy whose face he impersonated and is now pretending to be him as he lays low. It's some odd poo poo.

what a jojoke

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hexigrammus posted:

OMG. Scroll down in that first link to the BBC clip "Photographer Shagged by Rare Parrot". Way funnier than most of the cartoons in this thread.

I'm a fan now. If First Dog doesn't add a horny kakapo to his menagerie I'm going to be disappointed.

If I remember my famous parrots correctly, Sirocco is also the head-shagging kakapo

e: oh, looked at the link and yeah, he is :parrot:

bonus kakapo fact: every known one in the world has a name. the reason is sad though, they're super-endangered

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jurgan posted:

Yeah, that would be a problem for people to do this with health insurance. If only there were some way to mandate people buy insurance before they need it.

Also isn't car insurance for like... accidents? An engine spontaneously catching fire with no other cars or obstacles around sounds more like a warranty issue. Am I perhaps overthinking this utterly poo poo cartoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
My car was on fire since it was forced on me at birth. I guess this is a lovely metaphorI'm just screwed.

• Locked thread