Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I wish killing pilots and damaging titans would count at least a little bit towards your next Titan. It kind of bites that Nuclear Ejection is literally the only way to "pre-charge" your next Titan, especially when the other team already has 3+ Titans out and you lose yours, now you're stuck at 0% again and almost everyone else is in a Titan, which is always a pain. I know AT weapon hits add a ton to the meter, but it's hard to not die when there's multiple Titans gunning for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kelp Me! posted:

I wish killing pilots and damaging titans would count at least a little bit towards your next Titan. It kind of bites that Nuclear Ejection is literally the only way to "pre-charge" your next Titan, especially when the other team already has 3+ Titans out and you lose yours, now you're stuck at 0% again and almost everyone else is in a Titan, which is always a pain. I know AT weapon hits add a ton to the meter, but it's hard to not die when there's multiple Titans gunning for you.

Ejecting with a full Core should pay into a fresh Titan, I reckon. Either fully or something like 50%.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I'm just starting this up now for the first time, what are good rookie things to pick and do so I don't suck everything up and lose all the games

Nuclear Ejection is a good thing to have, but Extra Dash is also pretty great for swatting down pilots. Unless you're a Ronin people don't really expect you to be able to chase them down in a Titan.

The high scoring game screenshot I posted earlier (though that's not even really that high a score I just suck) came about because I managed to get my Titan really early with a few good grenade kills, then just went on a rampage dashing around Crash Site punching pilots in the face.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ejecting with a full Core should pay into a fresh Titan, I reckon. Either fully or something like 50%.

:agreed: or at the very least it should roll over to your next Titan. I honestly think I'd die in my Titan a lot less if I wasn't so desperate to at least start and try to aim Laser Core before ejecting.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I created a Grenadier class the other day with Cold War, Phase Shift, Ordinance Expert, and Frag Grenades. It's super goofy and fun. The Cold War is hot inconsistent Garbage but sometimes it'll let you pull off things like this.

http://i.imgur.com/a0BXDzg.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/b2ghMbf.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/0W4Xgpt.gifv

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Kelp Me! posted:

I know AT weapon hits add a ton to the meter, but it's hard to not die when there's multiple Titans gunning for you.

This is the only time I shine. I'm better in a titan than most and if you kill my robot then I ruin the life of any titan in range. None of that really shows up because this is Last Hit: The Video Game but pulling teams from a loss to a victory by turning their cluster of shiny titans into execution fodder is awesome.

Then I jump in my Scorch and... look, man. gently caress you. I'm trying to regen them all ok?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mailer posted:

This is the only time I shine. I'm better in a titan than most and if you kill my robot then I ruin the life of any titan in range. None of that really shows up because this is Last Hit: The Video Game but pulling teams from a loss to a victory by turning their cluster of shiny titans into execution fodder is awesome.

Then I jump in my Scorch and... look, man. gently caress you. I'm trying to regen them all ok?

Out of all my minor "I wish X" complaints about the game "I wish score was a more accurate representation of how you did in the match" is my biggest one. Do pilot assists even give you points? Even if they do it should show up on the scoreboard. Scoreboard should have what it has now, but also pilot assists and Titan/Reaper damage, and they should both contribute significantly to your score.If I damage a Titan enough that a pilot teammate can kill it with 1 Archer, it's great that we get 15 points for the team, but kind of crappy that homeboy gets 15 points for 1 hit and I get nothing.

We already know tallying Titan damage and displaying it is possible, since it shows up in Last Titan Standing scoreboards.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why should you be rewarded for playing badly? The reward for getting a full core is your core ability. Not using it is a risk/reward thing.

Kelp Me! posted:

It kind of bites that Nuclear Ejection is literally the only way to "pre-charge" your next Titan
Which is why nuclear eject damage shouldn't count towards your next titan.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

koren posted:

Why should you be rewarded for playing badly? The reward for getting a full core is your core ability. Not using it is a risk/reward thing.

Which is why nuclear eject damage shouldn't count towards your next titan.

Your Titan is going to take damage over time no matter what. Having a final utility to use once it's in a doomed state isn't playing badly. Not being able to get out of the range of the nuclear eject after being warned by the loud siren and flashing light is playing badly.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light
Is there any reason to play the coliseum if you don't like the mode?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Severedseven posted:

Is there any reason to play the coliseum if you don't like the mode?

Heck no.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

dreffen posted:

Heck no.

I heard there were prizes?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I stopped always playing Scorch and somehow the game is a lot more fun I don't get it.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Skyscraper posted:

And it's still a bad mode.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Skyscraper posted:

Here, have an icon you don't like and 5 credits. Congrats on winning a mode you hate.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I played coliseum once and regret that I waisted 10 credits...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Coliseum is dumb as hell and completely misses both points of this game: high mobility and crazy parkour poo poo on foot, and giant robots. Instead you get a sniper rifle and a round flat arena entirely devoid of cover. I legit don't understand why it's not a 1v1 in Titans and to the death.

Although I bet the CoD crowd loves Coliseum.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Wait, THAT is what Coliseum is? Haha Jesus.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Glenn Quebec posted:

Wait, THAT is what Coliseum is? Haha Jesus.

Yeah it's 1v1 on foot, on a flat circle with no borders (no idea if you can fall off). You spawn on opposite sides, facing each other, with a Kraber and also a Charge Rifle for some bizarre reason :wtc:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is it a Kraber now? It was EPG + Charge Rifle at launch.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Dude, that is insane. Why not a giant Roman style future arena with two Titans squaring off?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just make a Titan-only colosseum like that PS2 Kaiju Battle Royal game where you can just completely demolish the map as you fight. Pick up debriss with the Vortex shield to shoot, dash through whole buildings coming out behind a Titan. Make impact craters from explosions and Titan footsteps in dirt and mud.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Kelp Me! posted:

with a Kraber

:psyduck: That sounds awful. It was EPG at launch, it was genuinely pretty fun, reminded me of old school Quake style shooters, aiming at where the other person was gonna land and bunny hopping like a mad man.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I just played some Colosseum last night and it was still the EPG and Charge Hack rifle. Did they just change it today? I kinda have fun with it since you can infinitely wall run on the dome walls and practice cooking grenades and slidehopping to dodge around.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the way the coliseum was handled is baffling. Why isn't it titans? Why is it just a flat circle? It's so dumb.

I guess it's there for epic no scope headshot bros to show off or something.

And yeah it's epg still I played it yesterday.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Oh also, if you win you get Advocate gifts which means more credits and skins.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Had this situation pop up again but this guy was being super rude about it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah I mixed up, it is EPG not Kraber but either one is pretty retarded for a 1-on-1 fight with zero cover, and no weapon in the arsenal could make the mode any less lovely.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah the way the coliseum was handled is baffling. Why isn't it titans? Why is it just a flat circle? It's so dumb.

I guess it's there for epic no scope headshot bros to show off or something.

And yeah it's epg still I played it yesterday.

You can wallrun on the outside of the ring, it's actually a dome and you can ride it all the way to the top.

The only interesting part of the mode is that you are always at max speed so you can just instantly slide and jump to go flying.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kelp Me! posted:

Yeah I mixed up, it is EPG not Kraber but either one is pretty retarded for a 1-on-1 fight with zero cover, and no weapon in the arsenal could make the mode any less lovely.

If they gave you a real gun it would be over in 1 second. Which might actually be for the better.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Wazzit posted:

Had this situation pop up again but this guy was being super rude about it.

What was he shooting you with? It seemed to be taking quite a bit off of your shield per shot.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looks like a Mastiff. Probably just from hitting the weak spot?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

That reminds me of another reason why Reapers suck and are bad: if Titans have weak points where you can actually do appreciable damage with a non-AT weapon, why the hell don't Reapers?

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

That reminds me of another reason why Reapers suck and are bad: if Titans have weak points where you can actually do appreciable damage with a non-AT weapon, why the hell don't Reapers?

They do actually! Its the same weakpoints they have in the campaign. The lightbulb on their foreheads, as well as the waist joint struts in their middle. I've noticed that Firestars and satchels do pretty good damage to them, as well as grenadier weapons.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Magnus Condomus posted:

They do actually! Its the same weakpoints they have in the campaign. The lightbulb on their foreheads, as well as the waist joint struts in their middle. I've noticed that Firestars and satchels do pretty good damage to them, as well as grenadier weapons.

Well, poo poo. Gotta take a closer look and see if I can actually do some appreciable damage with the Eva-8, then.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah I believe it was a mastiff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was just looking at my stats and I have 505 Nuke eject kills. Yeah nuke eject is pretty useful.

I wish it tracked titans.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What's the point of the Mastiff over the other shotgun anyway?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

"I want to increase the difficulty of this game"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ularg posted:

What's the point of the Mastiff over the other shotgun anyway?

Its really good in attrition, cause when you aim down sights it does that wide-horizontal shot instead?

Not as good at killing pilots though.