Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't really buy a lot of indie games but there are some in there

https://psnprofiles.com/Glenn_O?completion=platinum&order=a-z

First thing I looked for was the Nier plat. Add that to your list, no obsessive psn account is complete without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wanna play Nier but it's expensive for 2010 PS3 game

I'm looking forward to Automata though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I wanna play Nier but it's expensive for 2010 PS3 game

I'm looking forward to Automata though

Oh huh it is. You live in the UK right? PM your address and you can have my copy, it's a great game but I'm never likely to play it again.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I do but that's ok - I'm already kind of swamped in video games and I'd feel guilty accepting it. I'm sure I'll get around to picking it up myself at some point either before or after Automata (thank you though)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the tradeoff for playing a lot of games is i dont have many long timesinkers. only one game is in the forever club, which i quit long ago

TF2 - 968hr
Borderlands 2 - 111hrs wasted
Terraria - 103
The Last Remnant - 70
Fallout 3/NV - 42 each
Oblivion - 39 too many
LA Noire - 32
Valkyria Chronicles - 31

that said, it's always fun to see how many hours i've spent playing games over 2 weeks in my steam profile. right now it's hosed though because i've been idling so it says 120 hours. but 80's not unusual for me

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nintendo why are you so bad at internet :negative:

Connecting my 3DS to hotel wifi is unreasonably hard and stupid.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Presented without comment.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/30/pilot-episode-cancelled-live-action-trauma-team-tv-series-surfaces/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DQH has the best monster names

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Speaking of DQ, what are the chances Dragon Quest XI gets a western release? I'm hoping X is a fluke in not coming here because it's an MMO and came out after FFXIV's total flop but before its successful relaunch. But XI's a normal DQ game, so we gotta get it, right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SE have been localising everything DQ lately, so it looks fairly likely. 10 was an aberration because it was an MMO.
Make sure you buy DQ8 next month if you wanna be double sure.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I splurged a bit because I can and picked up Dragon Quest Builders and a few other PS4 games and a headset. Good lord I feel goofy as heck getting all in to this!

I was going to be gifted the PS4Pro but I figured that seeing at it was nearly £200 more and I don't own a 4K TV, I couldn't really make use of it.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
When I reach the Pearly Gates, St. Petersen will reveal unto me just how many hours I have spent playing Doom, and how many of those hours were spent playing DoomRL Arsenal, and the beauty and horror of the sight will make my spirit weep. And I will be handed the super shotgun, and sent down into Hell not for the sake of damnation, but to clean the place up.

I'm really not all that great at Doom :ssh:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

SE have been localising everything DQ lately, so it looks fairly likely. 10 was an aberration because it was an MMO.
Make sure you buy DQ8 next month if you wanna be double sure.

I already played DQ8, though having it portable is definitely tempting.

I totally impulse-bought DQ8 back when it first came out on PS4 and fell in love. It was the first Dragon Quest game I really played (not just screwed around with as a curiosity) and I loved it so so much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's going to be interesting to see which versions they translate though, since it's the only game I can think of with PS4/3DS versions (and a Switch one forthcoming, will that be a PS4 or 3DS port though?) and by necessity they're pretty different.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody, how is everyone doing today? I hope everybody is having a good day!!

What's everyone up to?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello everybody, how is everyone doing today? I hope everybody is having a good day!!

What's everyone up to?

I am sitting at the auto shop waiting see how bad the minor fender bender I was I last week jacked up my wheel. I have been here an hour and 4t minutes and I've heard an impact wrench used about 3 times in that time and no other tools. I don't think anyone works here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm eating slightly singed pizza :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm sitting in an airport.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Last work day of the year.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Just started playing Shantae!!! So far the movement and everything is very satisfying even with only being in the beginning town. Also it's very pretty. Haven't fought any actual enemies yet.

I did just enter the bathhouse. And that music that plays there :lol:

This game IS already trying to give me way too much story though. I don't need plot in a platformer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

I am sitting at the auto shop waiting see how bad the minor fender bender I was I last week jacked up my wheel. I have been here an hour and 4t minutes and I've heard an impact wrench used about 3 times in that time and no other tools. I don't think anyone works here.

Stay strong, with each passing minute is another minute closer to them being finished :)

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm eating slightly singed pizza :(

I'm sorry that it is singed, but at least it still tastes good right?

chumbler posted:

I'm sitting in an airport.

Waiting to catch a flight or waiting to pick someone up from a flight? Either way, I hope it goes well and isn't a nuisance or anything :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Man, I love those games. Gotta pick up the Wii one someday.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Also I remember a post asking what the deal is with Shantae's idle animation where she like bounces back and forth, but it makes way more sense in the context of the game. It's typically synced up really well to the music, so she's GROOVIN

I assume I come back to the these levels later with some other abilities? It looks like it wants me to double jump or scale the walls somehow for some collectables. Platforming is quite fun so far.

Her crouch animation is dumb though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it's Megaman X style where the levels are mostly linear but you can't get some stuff without a later upgrade.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just now discovered the Shantae games myself. I don't like the interface of the first one though so I might skip it and play Pirate's Curse first.

Is Half-Genie Hero the best one or is Pirate's Curse still the best?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Also I remember a post asking what the deal is with Shantae's idle animation where she like bounces back and forth, but it makes way more sense in the context of the game. It's typically synced up really well to the music, so she's GROOVIN

I assume I come back to the these levels later with some other abilities? It looks like it wants me to double jump or scale the walls somehow for some collectables. Platforming is quite fun so far.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 30, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Phantasium posted:

Last work day of the year.

:same:

Waiting for the end of the day and then I'll play some World of Final Fantasy or Battlefield. Getting the wife a laptop for Christmas was a great idea because now all she wants to do is play Stardew Valley and I get the TV all for myself. I installed the "look up anything" and "NPCs appear on the map" mods and it blew her loving mind. She spent 120 hours making detailed notes and keeping the wiki open on a tablet, and now it's like the training weights are off.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Macaluso posted:

What do you have against the Shantae Butt-Wiggle of Readiness

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

precision posted:

Bit of both really. Pirate's Curse has much better abilities, no transformations, and is a bit more challenging.
Half-Genie is much much nicer looking, has a better soundtrack, and is a little more convenient to navigate/backtrack around in.

Every Shantae game has the same issues of being about 50% mandatory backtracking and mostly being really easy except for a few random spots.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

I just now discovered the Shantae games myself. I don't like the interface of the first one though so I might skip it and play Pirate's Curse first.

Pirates Curse is still my favorite but if the Risky Boots mode is Half Genie with pirates curse movement it may be pretty even

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Don't be rude to Wario

Just did the level where you slide down a big water slide avoiding barrels and fish being thrown at you. AKA, a mine cart level 10/10

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Don't be rude to Wario

I don't even know why that was one of the google search results. Just a gif of gameboy shantae getting ready to pound at wario...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Idle games are cheating imo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

MMF Freeway posted:

Idle games are cheating imo

Then that invalidates everybody's 2000 hours in TF2

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Harrow posted:

Hell, even Mass Effect 3 had a lot of good parts. It's the series's gameplay highpoint and the multiplayer was surprisingly fun.

I'm no longer so in love with Bioware games that I play them multiple times like I did with KOTOR and Mass Effect 2, but, I mean, I didn't hate Dragon Age Inquisition, so I'm cautiously optimistic for Andromeda.

These are good points and cement my own cautious optimism.

Also I beat Thomas is Alone last night and it was fun and cute. Not as good as VVVVVVV which I beat earlier this week but still neat. Gonna have to find some more indie puzzle games on the Vita.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bloodychill posted:

Also I beat Thomas is Alone last night and it was fun and cute. Not as good as VVVVVVV which I beat earlier this week but still neat. Gonna have to find some more indie puzzle games on the Vita.

I liked Volume(by the same people) and Stealth Inc. on the Vita

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

bloodychill posted:

These are good points and cement my own cautious optimism.

Have you played The Swapper yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

FirstAidKite posted:

What's everyone up to?

Getting off work early today so I'm gonna spend some time at the butcher, get me a few pounds of chuck roast and SV that son of a bitch. Gonna be good eatin'

• Locked thread