Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I wonder what's so expensive about GR, the flaming head effect doesn't look all that much better than Firestorm's flames on LoT.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rhyno posted:

I wonder what's so expensive about GR, the flaming head effect doesn't look all that much better than Firestorm's flames on LoT.

Who? What's LoT?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm assuming Legends of Tomorrow. Bottom of the barrel CW stuff. Started with some promise, but basically imploded on itself a few episodes in as unwatchable crap.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

flosofl posted:

I'm assuming Legends of Tomorrow. Bottom of the barrel CW stuff. Started with some promise, but basically imploded on itself a few episodes in as unwatchable crap.

Yup. Exactly like AoS.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Yup. Exactly like AoS.

lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

No you're right, AoS never had any real promise.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

flosofl posted:

This season is better as its just kind of rolling with the absurd premise of "time travel adventures w/ superheros".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LoT is about to have an episode where they need to save the future by convincing George Lucas to make Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Burning_Monk posted:

This season is better as its just kind of rolling with the absurd premise of "time travel adventures w/ superheros".

And Sarah Lance, Captain Time Lesbian.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

No you're right, AoS never had any real promise.

Barry Convex and Dan Didio have left a void in this topic. A new challenger approaches.

:v:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

flosofl posted:

But then found itself and became perfectly decent in season 2.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Barry Convex and Dan Didio have left a void in this topic. A new challenger approaches.

:v:
Lol Rhyno's had a hate-on for AoS for eons. Those guys can only hope to compare.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Lol Rhyno's had a hate-on for AoS for eons. Those guys can only hope to compare.

I like that you pay attention to me.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hey

Hey what do you guys think of Chloe Bennet's acting

:buddy:

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently EP Jeffrey Bell has stated in an interview that Ghost Rider is kind of expensive, so don't expect to see him back soon/become a regular.
Which also probably explains why Robbie had so much of his power set accessible without transforming (particularly all the ghostbusting) but that in turn meaning almost no opposition that he needed to transform against.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Hey

Hey what do you guys think of Chloe Bennet's acting

:buddy:

She's almost as talented as Daisy Ridley.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

why are you so boring

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Who are these trolls, LoT is as brilliant as every other comic book show. (Which is very brilliant before anyone says anything)

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

BSam posted:

Who are these trolls, LoT is as brilliant as every other comic book show. (Which is very brilliant before anyone says anything)

LoT is a poorly written jumbled mess. It does have its fun moments, but it's easily the worst DC show this season. And I only say "this season" because we had to endure this thing called The Flash Season 2 last year.

Anyway, AoS isn't even comparable to any of the DC shows. It's above and beyond all of them in production quality. Well-written story, really solid cinematography, believable characters who act like adults and overall great dialogue. It's pretty sad that ABC and Marvel don't seem to care about it, but we all know that networks and studios act in dumb ways, especially when it comes to supehero franchises.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Even season 1?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

LoT is a poorly written jumbled mess. It does have its fun moments, but it's easily the worst DC show this season.

Can't agree with this. It's fuckin' dumb, but at least it's not boring like Arrow.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

twistedmentat posted:

And Sarah Lance, Captain Time Lesbian.

For some reason this makes me think of Jenny Sparks even though she wasn't a lesbian and makes me wonder if The Authority could make a great tv or Netflix series. The spirit of the 20th century leading gay batman/superman, a genius nanobot-bonded engineer, the living embodiment of urban existence, and a doped up shaman constantly talking to the dead spirits of Einstein and Ghandi and Hamurrabi could be pretty fun.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

Anyway, AoS isn't even comparable to any of the DC shows. It's above and beyond all of them in production quality. Well-written story, really solid cinematography, believable characters who act like adults and overall great dialogue. It's pretty sad that ABC and Marvel don't seem to care about it, but we all know that networks and studios act in dumb ways, especially when it comes to supehero franchises.

I'd argue that Gotham often has cooler locations and cinematography, and is occasionally funnier.

But otherwise, yeah, there's absolutely no competition. I'm astounded that people would argue there was. Maybe the CW shows are hitting some sort of cluster of nostalgia nerves that my body doesn't contain, but otherwise I just don't get it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BSam posted:

How is Eobard alive? Eddie killed himself and erased Eobard from the timeline. The only stuff Eobard could do was the stuff he already did. This is obviously new stuff since he is changing history. That's not possible. They are breaking their own rules.
Also, time wraiths murdered Zoom because he... what? Made a time remnant and kept him around? Barry's done far more damage the time wraiths haven't murdered him. Why are the time wraiths letting Eobard potentially alter time in massive ways (like nuking New York). Are the time wraiths banking on the League of Extraordinary Idiots to clean up so they don't have to? Do they, as non-speedsters, have to worry about time wraiths? If not, why didn't The Vanishing Point get wiped out by time wraiths long ago since the Time LordsMasters have been manipulating time to help Vandal Savage for thousands of years.
But, how is Eobard alive? That's the big one.

I still watch them. But they do have issues.

Also, Barry is the dumbest one of all and he's supposed to be the smart one.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

How is Eobard alive? Eddie killed himself and erased Eobard from the timeline. The only stuff Eobard could do was the stuff he already did. This is obviously new stuff since he is changing history. That's not possible. They are breaking their own rules.
Also, time wraiths murdered Zoom because he... what? Made a time remnant and kept him around? Barry's done far more damage the time wraiths haven't murdered him. Why are the time wraiths letting Eobard potentially alter time in massive ways (like nuking New York). Are the time wraiths banking on the League of Extraordinary Idiots to clean up so they don't have to? Do they, as non-speedsters, have to worry about time wraiths? If not, why didn't The Vanishing Point get wiped out by time wraiths long ago since the Time LordsMasters have been manipulating time to help Vandal Savage for thousands of years.
But, how is Eobard alive? That's the big one.

I still watch them. But they do have issues.

Also, Barry is the dumbest one of all and he's supposed to be the smart one.

http://i.imgur.com/F7bttaW.gifv

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Should I watch Flash season 3? I kinda just laid on the floor as I went through season 2 and I'm not able to work up the drive to get back into it since they did Flashpoint for no apparent reason.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I know you were just waiting for an excuse to post that, but that's actually the point: AoS doesn't need a similar gif to hand-wave away ridiculous plot holes.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

RareAcumen posted:

Should I watch Flash season 3? I kinda just laid on the floor as I went through season 2 and I'm not able to work up the drive to get back into it since they did Flashpoint for no apparent reason.

To magically introduce new metas who weren't caused by the accelerator explosion. That's it pretty much.

Edit: that reminds me. Why isn't Eobard's life messed up from all the time changes he's made? Barry's life got hosed and he created an alternate timeline / universe that is bleeding over into his own in hosed up ways. People dying, people turning evil. Eoboard's just hunky dory. Also, the LoT folks are messing up time all over the place. Why isn't their future / present messed up? I mean, Professor what's-his-name has a daughter now; that's awesome. Why didn't it end up that his wife died in a plane crash or something? Why didn't Sarah end up staying dead or losing her soul for good? The only guy who got hosed was Captain Hunter. That showed the thing that "time tries to correct itself" was definitely in affect. But where is the punishment? Barry ended up with a terrible partner who hated him, an Iris that hated her dad, his friend's brother being killed, Caitlyn Snow slowly turning into Killer Frost for reasons I still don't understand, changing baby Sarah into baby John, Jr., and apparently now Laurel is coming back from the dead? They gave her an amazing send-off and now this?
Flashpoint was a poo poo idea for dumb idiots. I told my wife all the ways I hate resetting timelines being used as get-out-of-jail free card and all the ways that could make this stupid. It's a crutch for people who wrote themselves into a corner. It's still dumb and Barry and Iris still have no chemistry. Barry has more chemistry with Julian, the guy he hated. I'm sure someone is already shipping them.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 30, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

I know you were just waiting for an excuse to post that,
I really was.

enraged_camel posted:

but that's actually the point: AoS doesn't need a similar gif to hand-wave away ridiculous plot holes.
For all the weird bullshit in AoS, at least they make a reasonable attempt to explain it within the framework of the show's universe.

Flash doesn't even try. Flash S01 was super fun for the most part. The show drove me away during S02.

AoS was super ragged at the start and I almost gave up, but then the Hydra stuff started and I've been on board ever since. The only other show that did that for me was Person of Interest. It also started kind of "eh, another CBS procedural". Then it dropped a HUGE WTF Bomb around episode 6 or 7 and vaulted into some of the best TV I've ever seen. The series starts as a darker version of the A-Team and ends on an all out war for survival between two gods.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 30, 2016

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

enraged_camel posted:

I know you were just waiting for an excuse to post that, but that's actually the point: AoS doesn't need a similar gif to hand-wave away ridiculous plot holes.

Or, more accurately, you think they do because of something you caught, but then you find out that they planned it that way all along and had dropped clever clues and had a way to fix it that makes perfect since in-universe, but that you didn't consider.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

It's pretty decent this season. They are trying to go back to the show's roots, and tonally speaking it's lighter in general, more similar to Season 1. There are still a few "oh god are you loving serious???" moments, and a fair amount of interpersonal angst (which is the worst, honestly) but I'd say it's worth watching.

Aleph Null posted:

To magically introduce new metas who weren't caused by the accelerator explosion. That's it pretty much.

Eh, it has had more implications than that, and has affected both Arrow and Legends too.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

enraged_camel posted:

Or, more accurately, you think they do because of something you caught, but then you find out that they planned it that way all along and had dropped clever clues and had a way to fix it that makes perfect since in-universe, but that you didn't consider.

Edit:

flosofl posted:

The only other show that did that for me was Person of Interest. It also started kind of "eh, another CBS procedural". Then it dropped a HUGE WTF Bomb around episode 6 or 7 and vaulted into some of the best TV I've ever seen.

We are watching Person of Interest right now. Just made it to S4 last week. So far, this season has provided more character growth and depth in the first six episodes than the previous three seasons combined. It's gone from good and interesting to amazing and thought provoking.

Edit2: how in the heck did I double post? Sorry.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Tom Cavanagh is the best thing about Flash, he is good enough that I can mostly ignore the dumb writing.

It is a bit of a shame that DC has so much success in pumping out a ton of cheap mediocre shows, I would rather see them do one and then have it be as good as AoS, and have a similar budget.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I tried watching Flash since people said it was great but it was in fact hot loving garbage. How are people liking that show? There is nothing good about it

And yeah I saw the CGI sharkman, it was lame as hell. If you're gonna introduce a CGI shark then do something cool with it

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Oasx posted:

Tom Cavanagh is the best thing about Flash, he is good enough that I can mostly ignore the dumb writing.

You can tell he loves his job. It's wonderful.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I watch to find out how they will depict super speed each week.

And come on, this was awesome:

https://youtu.be/Xt2CJfoZ4UE

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Zzulu posted:

I tried watching Flash since people said it was great but it was in fact hot loving garbage. How are people liking that show? There is nothing good about it

And yeah I saw the CGI sharkman, it was lame as hell. If you're gonna introduce a CGI shark then do something cool with it

It's a CW show, so it's made for younger audiences who don't have as high standards for good story and writing and have high tolerance for "comic book logic". That's how I justify it - it feeds my inner child!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Lord Bude posted:

But then found itself and became perfectly decent in season 2.

dontlistennope it still bad dont bother coming into the thread just stay here thanks, still a bad show just being bad all over tv. just keep flossfl in this thread

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My problem is the Flash isn't supposed to be a sad sack hero, the Flash is the jokey, happy hero. In the show he spends all his time lately being sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

dontlistennope it still bad dont bother coming into the thread just stay here thanks, still a bad show just being bad all over tv. just keep flossfl in this thread

Hahahaha

• Locked thread