Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

It's kinda funny to see a tier 4 hunter drop their 3 star undamaged katana in favor of a POS sniper rifle a screamer just dropped. Not really sure why that happened, but it certainly made my life easier.

I really want to beat this game without spending any money, but I also kinda want the ten metal for 5 bux as I could really use the bank space. Coincidentally I feel like a dumbass for blowing 12 odd death metal rezing myself because I had some lovely tier 1 blueprints so early on in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lexorin posted:

It's kinda funny to see a tier 4 hunter drop their 3 star undamaged katana in favor of a POS sniper rifle a screamer just dropped. Not really sure why that happened, but it certainly made my life easier.

I really want to beat this game without spending any money, but I also kinda want the ten metal for 5 bux as I could really use the bank space. Coincidentally I feel like a dumbass for blowing 12 odd death metal rezing myself because I had some lovely tier 1 blueprints so early on in the game.

yeah I wasted like half a dozen death metals because i didn't understand the salvage mechanic. I thought since you lost everything when you killed your hater to get your guy back, you also lost it when salvaging.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Er, you don't? I thought you only got one random thing if you went back and killed your own hater?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lexorin posted:

Er, you don't? I thought you only got one random thing if you went back and killed your own hater?

yes, but if you pay the salvage cost from the freezer, you get back their whole inventory, all their money, and all their experience.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Oh man, I only just noticed, haters will grab weapons off the ground, or eat beasts if they're hurt and you back off them. I love this game.

They definitely seem to have done something to the AI for haters, since they seem way more like human opponents than before.

I'm having trouble with the F20 boss. I realise it's just a treasure hunt but the arena is so full of mobs :saddowns:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Radio Paranoia posted:

They definitely seem to have done something to the AI for haters, since they seem way more like human opponents than before.

I'm having trouble with the F20 boss. I realise it's just a treasure hunt but the arena is so full of mobs :saddowns:

The bombs are always in set buildings. The time is more than ample usually.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Yeah, that's generally what I do now. Although now that it's costing 80k+ KCs to do that and getting that much together takes me 30 minutes or so I'm starting to wish I had more death metals. It's a slippery slope!

Kinda wish I hadn't taken the shortcut to the 25th floor before I'd upgraded some stuff a little more, but the tier 4 haters aren't that bad. Now, seeing the videos of the tier 5 guys and I'm gonna keep well away from the 30th floor until I make drat sure I can't upgrade gear anymore.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
If there isn't much you want off your corpse it might be less time consuming to just roll a new fighter

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Unless you have incredible decals and tons of rare materials on the character its not worth salvaging them generally. Just think about how many stews you could buy with 2x 80k you used for salvaging.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

tap my mountain posted:

If there isn't much you want off your corpse it might be less time consuming to just roll a new fighter

People keep saying this, and I can't imagine it to be true. I mean, Maybe with a super low-level fighter. There's almost never a time when a fighter dies that they don't have a full inventory, a thousand+experience, and 10-20k killcoins. Even if it costs 20k to salvage them, the 20k they had pays for it, I get all mats they were carrying, and if they weren't max level, they still get to level up. If I rolled a new fighter, i'm out all of that, I have the same amount of money, but I'm level 1 instead of level 45 or whatever.

And if I don't have enough money to pay salvage costs, I can earn that money doing runs on other fighters that need to level up.

FrickenMoron posted:

Unless you have incredible decals and tons of rare materials on the character its not worth salvaging them generally. Just think about how many stews you could buy with 2x 80k you used for salvaging.

That's a scenario where getting the fighter back by killing the hater is a good deal, yeah. You save a bunch of money and only lose some garbage mats that you probably picked up on you way to go kill them.

But that's not the same as rolling a new fighter.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

People keep saying this, and I can't imagine it to be true. I mean, Maybe with a super low-level fighter. There's almost never a time when a fighter dies that they don't have a full inventory, a thousand+experience, and 10-20k killcoins. Even if it costs 20k to salvage them, the 20k they had pays for it, I get all mats they were carrying, and if they weren't max level, they still get to level up. If I rolled a new fighter, i'm out all of that, I have the same amount of money, but I'm level 1 instead of level 45 or whatever.

Yeah it's not an option worth considering on the first 20 floors unless you do something dumb like send somebody up nearly naked and die extremely early.

I did that yesterday at f16, but even then it wasn't worthwhile since I still had 1* fighters to replace

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I'm kinda sad that I get back home from vacation to find 3 days straight of Cali not being in a TDM fight. I guess they increased the threshold needed to get into a fight, huh? Either that or other teams are actively avoiding raiding CA users, seeing as how in those 3 days I haven't been raided at all.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Realtalk: Which song is set on your radio? I went with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlt15MWMbos

Because it's anime as gently caress and stupid.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FrickenMoron posted:

I set it on 0, South Tokyo Best Hits radio. It has commercials too. Well, like 2 commercials.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FrickenMoron posted:

Song in my avatar. Always.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I switch between Prayer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXGanDy2UME&t=91s

and Come and get it/Now is the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMwLjZWau9E https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvenYrQ66gk

All of the"main themes" and play at the intro cut scenes of the game.
Prayer also appears in the ending which made me love it.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 30, 2016

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

FrickenMoron posted:

I set mine to 124 too! Long Live the Phoenix of the Mind.

It's good background music. When muted in the waiting room it sets just the right mood for me.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Song in my avatar. Always.

Sorry but that song is the Fallen Knight set and of Let It Dead

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

tap my mountain posted:

Sorry but that song is the Fallen Knight set and of Let It Dead

Try again with less autocorrect

Edit: I tried to put a smiley but it was hard on mobile.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
If anyone is curious about stat spreads for 5* characters, I've got a few classes pretty high up there now. The max levels range from 121 to 131 so far, I really want to roll a 140+. Shooter has the all around best stat spread for fighting imo, though any of these are good in a fight. For min maxing the Skill Master with the right decals is a complete beast since it can wear 9. You can pump all of these into damage output. Im also convinced I rolled a bad hp max for this Defender!

Skill Master

Defender

Striker

Lucky Star

Shooter

The Striker has absolutely abysmal dex.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 30, 2016

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

Try again with less autocorrect

Edit: I tried to put a smiley but it was hard on mobile.

Huh I dunno where that and came from

https://youtu.be/o4Njt1ncXMM

I've had that set for a while now and I'm starting to get sick of hearing it so I'll probably change it soon.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

FrickenMoron posted:

I like this one. Reminds me of some Kids in America. Like if the original and The Muffs cover of it got blended together.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

If anyone is curious about stat spreads for 5* characters, I've got a few classes pretty high up there now. The max levels range from 121 to 131 so far, I really want to roll a 140+. Shooter has the all around best stat spread for fighting imo, though any of these are good in a fight. For min maxing the Skill Master with the right decals is a complete beast since it can wear 9. You can pump all of these into damage output. Im also convinced I rolled a bad hp max for this Defender!

Fighters specialized around attacking (attacker, striker, shooter) can still reach higher potentials of damage than Skill Masters assuming these numbers are correct.

In any case I've seen someone say the max you can get is a 25 for a stat which would put the absolute max level at 145 if true. I've gotten some 24s but never a 25 myself, I don't think.

Unsmart fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 30, 2016

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Both my shooter and skill master rolled a 25 in Vit. :argh:

Attacker has the hp of a wet paper towel so I really want some good armor first.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
I have my station set to the second station, either 001 or 002.
Random all radio! I get bored of any one song pretty fast, and even best hits gets tired after awhile.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Is the 30 Death Metals for $5 pack US-only? I don't see anything like it on the EU PSN store.

If it is US-only, can i buy it, log in to Let It Die on my normal EU account, and still get it? Not sure if it works like normal DLC or if PSN treats microtransactions differently

Also, there's only one song that should sit atop the radio throne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUyM9eFZms

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Freak Futanari posted:

Is the 30 Death Metals for $5 pack US-only? I don't see anything like it on the EU PSN store.

If it is US-only, can i buy it, log in to Let It Die on my normal EU account, and still get it? Not sure if it works like normal DLC or if PSN treats microtransactions differently

Also, there's only one song that should sit atop the radio throne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUyM9eFZms

I'm in the UK and couldnt see it on the web store, but I could see it and buy it through the PS4.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Poulpe posted:

I have my station set to the second station, either 001 or 002.
Random all radio! I get bored of any one song pretty fast, and even best hits gets tired after awhile.

I should do that. I had trouble telling which stations were just song selections and which ones were radio.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

SiKboy posted:

I'm in the UK and couldnt see it on the web store, but I could see it and buy it through the PS4.

Thanks, i found it once i looked at the store on my PS4!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snak posted:

I should do that. I had trouble telling which stations were just song selections and which ones were radio.

000 is a couple specific random songs they chose, 001 is shuffle all. I think. It might be the other way round, but either way the name of the station tells you.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

000 is a couple specific random songs they chose, 001 is shuffle all. I think. It might be the other way round, but either way the name of the station tells you.

Are those the only two Playlist stations?

Yeah, I'll switch from South Tokyo's Best Hits to whatever the second one is. Are there still commercials on it, or is it just shuffle?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Snak posted:

Are those the only two Playlist stations?

Yeah, I'll switch from South Tokyo's Best Hits to whatever the second one is. Are there still commercials on it, or is it just shuffle?
000 is sequential, 001 is shuffle. Shuffle still has commercials.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wish the dodging wasn't loving garbage while locked on. The way the camera gets turned around constantly when you are locked on screws up the movement so much.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
For the topic of deleting your fighter instead of paying salvage: Something I feel is key to this is keeping some golden snails (or any other golden beasts you might get from login rewards or finding them rarely in the tower) in storage. When 13f osuka rolls around every 4 days (it should be up again on sunday evening when the rotation changes over) you can send expeditions or roll up there yourself or both at the same time.

You can take your fresh level 1, eat or stomp a couple golden snails and max out your hp and attacking stat(s) of choice. This is usually enough to keep you from dying while you get the rest of your exp doing whatever killing stuff.

They also sell for quite a bit if you are in a real pinch and need some fast coins. Snails are like 7k while I found a golden turtle that sells for 25k

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Where can I find the 8F stamp? It's been driving me nuts. That little cheat sheet page claims it's on Meta-Koya but I've combed the poo poo out of that floor and haven't found it.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

BlackFrost posted:

Where can I find the 8F stamp? It's been driving me nuts. That little cheat sheet page claims it's on Meta-Koya but I've combed the poo poo out of that floor and haven't found it.

It's not in meta-koya. Maminemachi.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Got Poison Eater and a decal that gives +7% off and def to war ensemble from mushroom stews. Excellent timing since I'm in the teens.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ougher posted:

For the topic of deleting your fighter instead of paying salvage: Something I feel is key to this is keeping some golden snails (or any other golden beasts you might get from login rewards or finding them rarely in the tower) in storage. When 13f osuka rolls around every 4 days (it should be up again on sunday evening when the rotation changes over) you can send expeditions or roll up there yourself or both at the same time.

You can take your fresh level 1, eat or stomp a couple golden snails and max out your hp and attacking stat(s) of choice. This is usually enough to keep you from dying while you get the rest of your exp doing whatever killing stuff.

They also sell for quite a bit if you are in a real pinch and need some fast coins. Snails are like 7k while I found a golden turtle that sells for 25k

I get that, but why not just go kill your hater? It's not like you're never going back to that floor...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snak posted:

I get that, but why not just go kill your hater? It's not like you're never going back to that floor...

Killing your hater destroys everything they were carrying, retrieving them doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Killing your hater destroys everything they were carrying, retrieving them doesn't.

Right. I thought we were talking about rolling a new fighter instead of retrieving. I'm so confused.

Edit: this whole time, my argument has been that salvaging is usually best, there are some situations where killing your hater is decent, but I don't see how rolling a new fighter to replace your old one is ever worth it.

Snak fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 31, 2016

• Locked thread