Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Accident Underwater posted:

This still happens all the time

I want it to happen all the time :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monte Blood Bank
Dec 1, 2005

and we are faceless
you cannot attack us

take the money and then
run
Please Work Out.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

"Funny" Swole Quotes

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
you literally cannot finish an nes megaman game without pausing it

it's the only way to change weapons or use items, which you must do to finish ANY of the nes megaman games

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This one game I shat myself

Or was it every game

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sebmojo posted:

This one game I shat myself

Or was it every game

Thx for allowing me to quote all Lets Plays past, present, and future.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

SpaceAceJase posted:

Why would you marry a tennis player? Love means nothing to them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

elise the great posted:

Strength and flexibility training help keep you active for longer and reduce the negative impact of short periods of major illness on your body. An old dude who's used to running a mile a day can get pneumonia, be in bed on a ventilator for two days, get extubated, and be back on his feet by dinner... which means his lungs open up faster, his bowels start moving sooner, his joints don't lock up, and his vasculature is less likely to degrade.

Cardio keeps you alive for much, much longer, because it prepares your body to cope with decreased blood flow (from heart attacks and short-term acute illness), maintains the flexibility and fitness of your vasculature (heart attacks, strokes, and other vascular damage are easily the #1 killer and old-people-disabler), and helps your organs learn to function under stress so they don't fail as easily.

Getting exercise is a direct indicator of how much time you spend outside your house-- having adventures, meeting people, engaging in daily self-care, overcoming inertia, exercising self-discipline, and connecting to your body. Incidentally, swordfighting (like most other fulfilling life activities) requires practice, which involves weightlifting and exercise.

If you are active and you regularly pursue difficult physical goals, you are much more likely to live longer and be healthier and more happy during your extended lifespan. The guy from that post who did all the swordfighting and traveling and poo poo but never exercised, that guy is in the nursing home because he had a series of disabling strokes and can't remember his foreign ex-lover's face or even pop a boner. The guy who worked out is in the nursing home because he's visiting a family member.

EFFORTPOST IN THE QUOTE THREAD

also since when is SMG writing erotic star wars fanfiction and where do I find this sweet horror

e. oh theres a whole nother page oops

But how would cardiovascular exercise affect the Vanyar?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Solice Kirsk posted:

Song parody stuff is really only funny for like a line or two and even then it has to be perfect. Goons trying to Weird Al an entire Beatles song around World of Warcraft is almost always universally unbearable.
It was Eve Online with the Beatles song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfv1QtZDirY

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Weird Al's satirical songs that aren't direct parodies hold up pretty well imo.

Like late a 80s metal band's studio mandated acoustic ballad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWD5gdpt4Dw

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

True sign of the genius of Weird Al when you're listening to the actual song and start singing along only the lyrics you're spouting are actually from the Weird Al parody instead of the actual lyrics.

Prime example: Lose Yourself by Eminem.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Powaqoatse posted:

Weird Al's satirical songs that aren't direct parodies hold up pretty well imo.

He's had the same band for like 35 years and they've gotten pretty tight. A band has to be tight as gently caress to pull off a Zappa parody

Mark Mothersbaugh says "Dare to be Stupid" was the best Devo song

content:

CaptainViolence posted:

groverhaus is one ladderless pool away from looking like literally everything I ever built in the sims

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It seems like doubting Fitness is the new SMG effort post.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Also, Weird Al can rap surprisingly well, while simultaneously sounding incredibly dorky.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Stare-Out posted:

True sign of the genius of Weird Al when you're listening to the actual song and start singing along only the lyrics you're spouting are actually from the Weird Al parody instead of the actual lyrics.

Prime example: Lose Yourself by Eminem.
Smells Like Nirvana will now and always be the definitive version of that song for me.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Best versions of Smells Like Teen Spirit
1. Weird Al Parody
2. The Top of the Pops version where Kurt croons the song like he's some random dude doing a drunk karaoke version of his own song.
3. Smells Like Teen Spirit

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I think the phenomenon of celebrities giving their children really loving stupid names must be partly due to crazy and partly because of yes men, so the end result is a new father with nobody willing to tell him that naming his bundle of joy Aristophanes Mountain Goat is a bad idea.

Aristophanes posted:

Nothing wrong with that name if you ask me :colbert:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:toxx:ing Bertrand to name his kid Bertrand Hustle

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

FreudianSlippers posted:

Best versions of Smells Like Teen Spirit
1. Weird Al Parody
2. The Top of the Pops version where Kurt croons the song like he's some random dude doing a drunk karaoke version of his own song.
3. Smells Like Teen Spirit

That Top of the Pops performance is goddamn awesome.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Field Mousepad posted:

That Top of the Pops performance is goddamn awesome.

I first saw it as an "Injected With The Poizon" mpg rip in 1999 & did not get it at all.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Also, Weird Al can rap surprisingly well, while simultaneously sounding incredibly dorky.

White and Nerdy is peak everything maybe even best song of all time imo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

crazy cloud posted:

White and Nerdy is peak everything maybe even best song of all time imo

That's a bit large.

I'm gonna asume you're White, 12 years old, and on the run from john law & so without access to any audio since idk 2010?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

That's a bit large.

I'm gonna asume you're White, 12 years old, and on the run from john law & so without access to any audio since idk 2010?

I know, right??

Amish Paradise is much better

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Weird Al is genuinely very talented and it's really weird how so many of his supposed fans who think they can imitate him seem to think his thing is just ctrl+f'ing his way through songs without any second thought. Like, it's a weird way to look at someone you're a fan of if you think the way he works is just 'heh...what if I replaced this word with 'pizza'? Yea, awesome.'

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sagebrush posted:

I know, right??

Amish Paradise is much better

its really good.. but not the best song ever, come on!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Powaqoatse posted:

I first saw it as an "Injected With The Poizon" mpg rip in 1999 & did not get it at all.

Fairly accurate title really.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
It truly is All About the Pentiums

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Field Mousepad posted:

Fairly accurate title really.

Holy poo poo, there still exists at least one. That first second was pretty much on all online videos before youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivtKcM1DGeY

Weirdly this one hasn't been eaten by the VEVO thing

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Even rappers like Al's smooth flow:

Chamillionaire posted:

He’s actually rapping pretty good on it, it’s crazy…He’s Grammy-nominated, man. He goes platinum. It’s really an honor when he does that. I remember when he redid Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad.’ Weird Al is not gonna do a parody of your song if you’re not doing it big. You gotta be a big dog. He shot the video, and people will see it pretty soon. It’s crazy.

He’s spittin’ just like Krayzie Bone on the second verse…It’s actually very funny if you listen to what he’s saying. The way Krayzie is harmonizing, he does the same thing. It surprised me. I didn’t know he could rap like that.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, Weird Al makes imitating other musicians look easy because he's that drat good, and then when anyone else tries it they just fall to pieces.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Scaramouche posted:

Even rappers like Al's smooth flow:

lmbo i forgot its Key & Peele in the video for white & nerdy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Weird Al's best songs are the ones that are in style of different artists and not direct parodies. He can make a very recognisable songs in style of anything from Queen to Rage Against the Machine, and they are good even without the funny lyrics.
Also, polka medleys are great.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Paladinus posted:

Weird Al's best songs are the ones that are in style of different artists and not direct parodies. He can make a very recognisable songs in style of anything from Queen to Rage Against the Machine, and they are good even without the funny lyrics.
Also, polka medleys are great.

Or say, a ballad from an 80s metal band?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Powaqoatse posted:

Holy poo poo, there still exists at least one. That first second was pretty much on all online videos before youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivtKcM1DGeY

Weirdly this one hasn't been eaten by the VEVO thing

Oh wow, that takes me waaay loving back, drat

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I think the phenomenon of celebrities giving their children really loving stupid names must be partly due to crazy and partly because of yes men, so the end result is a new father with nobody willing to tell him that naming his bundle of joy Aristophanes Mountain Goat is a bad idea.

Aristophanes posted:

Nothing wrong with that name if you ask me :colbert:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

who did it best? 2016 in review

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well gently caress. I'm usually pretty good at that sort of stuff

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

ol yeller posted:

[leaning really far back in my chair] actually ive been reading a lot about hinduism. lot of intere [gets really scared cause i feel like my chairs about to tip over]

Grandmother of Five posted:

if an advanced race of aliens looked down on Earth, they'd be disgusted about religion. i wish i could live amongst them, in a place where people free their minds from thinking about beliefs and ethics, and instead think about computers and how to make them bigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
it's the gravitron rides messing you up