Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Molybdenum posted:

This game is fun so far but I want to play through easy with bots so I can familiarize myself with the levels. Is there anyway to keep other players from joining my games?

Check the private box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Relentless posted:

I've found enemy hp values pretty easily, but it'd be nice to know how much damage I'm actually doing. Does that exist anywhere?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h3GnI6sIS77oXnCzE05k7KTkOoGJ3UezeVi24miBBoM/edit#gid=2022003636

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
I want hitsounds that change pitch dependent on damage done. I wanna smack someone with a scatter arrow and hear a gong go off.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Yay math!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What the hell is the elf saying when it sounds like "Ay-noy-noy!"

the subtitles transcribe it as "Ennoi noi." I presume it's elvish for "I annoy"

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Ennoi-noi is elvish numbers. It relates to her backstory as she's counting her kills but it's not made clear exactly why. It's got something to do with her seeing some forbidden thing that she wasn't supposed to see back in her home forest which got her banished and cursed. It's also related to why she left the forest to go to Ubersreik and kill rats in the first place. It's all very ~mysterious~ and not explained really at all. At least not yet.

A few of the other characters have dialogue observing her getting stronger with each kill and hearing her counting. She also gets really pissy (more than usual) at the other members of the team when they "take all the kills" which could have something to do with it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
If you do a private match with only bots, is it possible to pause the game? I wouldn't want to hold up other human players if I needed to go afk but it's annoying to have my progress wasted in a level because of more important real life issues going on at the time.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
When I hit a Stormvermin or Gunner in the head, do they take Normal-class damage adjusted by headshot modifier from the hit? I read once that they still take Armored-class damage but the headshot modifier converts to points of damage or something...that seems wrong but I'm not good enough at headshotting and stuff to test.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It varies by weapon. Most can't do well even if they get charge attack headshots on either of them. Just check the damage spreadsheet Digirat linked to and find your weapon.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
God I love Trueflight Longbow. Don't even need to aim. Just snap off lock-on shots over and over to solo stormvermin squads, pesky assassins, or gunners hiding around corners.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Holy poo poo gently caress the Dungeons. Who thought this was a good design concept?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

A sadistic douchebag. Getting the books on that level is annoying as all hell too, I'm very much over all the pointless backtracking. I just tell people to wait at certain areas and I'll do the long walks, like at the 2nd grim, they all wait at the wall and I'll get the lever, they grab the grim, we rendezvous, easy.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

it would have been a lot better if the torch-bearer still had their weapons out, but dropped the torch on the ground if they got hit. make that one change and dungeons is both cool and good imo.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
its hard but idk why you think its bad design.

the first grim should be relocated to be past the crypt holdout spot tho, to compensate for the difficulty of the map.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the main bad design part i get down on in the dungeons is that you have to choose one of your team who is going to not have fun so everyone else can stab rat for the next 10 minutes

and then a bit later you have to choose a second one of your team who is going to do the same thing, only for about 3 minutes

it makes sense from a high-minded design perspective of reducing the capabilities of the team in a hostile environment but at the end of the day you still have someone who is simply walking forward and not stabbing rat.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Do what I do and pick up the torch and throw it and never hold on to it for more than 1 second. Always throw it towards rats and the direction you're walking. If swarm, keep it to the center, location depending.

There's more to it than that when you have to walk the beams but otherwise that's the most solid strategy.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 30, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I may buy Karak Azgaraz despite my hesitance to do so just so my friend stops trying to make us play Drachenfels, which I dislike pretty much from start to finish.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I play mostly those maps you can always join on me if we're in Goonintide.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Edit: nm

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lunethex posted:

It varies by weapon. Most can't do well even if they get charge attack headshots on either of them. Just check the damage spreadsheet Digirat linked to and find your weapon.

Right, so I'm asking...when a Brace of Pistols shot domes a Stormvermin, does he take: 12 damage (Normal class adjusted by headshot), 5 damage (Armored class of 2.5 doubled for headshot), 4.5 (Armored class plus 2 points because the headshot x2 mod converts to 2 damage according to some source I read who is probably nuts), or some other amount?

Better question edited in: Kruber's first longsword light attack hits a Stormvermin's skull. How much?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Stormvermin and Ratling Gunners are Armored targets.

A brace of pistols will do 2.5 damage on body shots, 5 damage on head shots. All of Kruber's sword attacks, outside of the downward cut (which has some small armor penetration) will do 2 damage if you hit it in the head. The downward cut of the light attack does 3.5 on body shot, and 4 on headshot.

Again, it's all here in this spreadsheet. Base damage values are listed and then you can work from the headshot multiplier.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h3GnI6sIS77oXnCzE05k7KTkOoGJ3UezeVi24miBBoM/edit#gid=2022003636

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Lunethex posted:

Stormvermin and Ratling Gunners are Armored targets.

A brace of pistols will do 2.5 damage on body shots, 5 damage on head shots. All of Kruber's sword attacks, outside of the downward cut (which has some small armor penetration) will do 2 damage if you hit it in the head. The downward cut of the light attack does 3.5 on body shot, and 4 on headshot.

Again, it's all here in this spreadsheet. Base damage values are listed and then you can work from the headshot multiplier.

How does armor reduction work for headshots? Setting aside the headshot multiplier, does it count as hitting an unarmored target?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Nanomashoes posted:

Check the private box

Thanks!

The dungeon is really obnoxious, does the rat wave end or do you need to run and gun to the artifact?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yo the Orange Gas Rat trinket is on the board today take that poo poo if you don't have it, seriously

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Only place in the game you can get a bag of dank herbs

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Lunethex posted:

Yo the Orange Gas Rat trinket is on the board today take that poo poo if you don't have it, seriously

Any particular reason why

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

terrorist ambulance posted:

Any particular reason why

Gas Rats throw very accurately, very quickly, and their poison sticks around for an uncomfortably long time. With that trinket equipped, the damage is small enough that you can just run through clouds to rejoin your teammates or abandon a holdout that is about to become undefendable because of the gas. Without it, you can find yourself with a sophie's choice of either running through a cloud and taking a lot of damage, or staying where you are and taking a lot of damage. Or worse, if you get nailed directly by a globe, you've got to move quickly (which will probably result in you getting hit from surrounding rats) WHILE taking a lot of damage.

The Gasrat trinket is excellent.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
Also it helps keep your bots alive, as the bots very much love to hang out in the middle of Globadier clouds.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeathSandwich posted:

How does armor reduction work for headshots? Setting aside the headshot multiplier, does it count as hitting an unarmored target?

Pfff hahaha that is exactly what I was asking. I know full well what the spreadsheet says but I wanted to know whether headshots use the Normal damage profile. Lunethex says they do not. So, when you headshot an armored target, it DOES NOT count as hitting unarmored. You hit armored, gaining the headshot bonus if you normally can hurt armored. If you normally cannot hurt armored, the headshot bonus evidently converts into a point of damage per multiplier.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I love throwing barrels.

Austin S
Jul 2, 2005

Panfilo posted:

If you do a private match with only bots, is it possible to pause the game? I wouldn't want to hold up other human players if I needed to go afk but it's annoying to have my progress wasted in a level because of more important real life issues going on at the time.
No. Even in a private match, other players can still drop-in via the in-game Friends menu, or via Steam Friends/Groups/Profile. Being able to freeze the game at will could cause a real mess.
When you host and start any mission, except to be invested for half an hour, even though most "short" missions can be cleared in 15 minutes or less by a reasonably competent team without bots.
Once you start a mission, the action never really "stops." There are a few exceptions where the group can wait around indefinitely without hordes or special spawns, such as when you're still right next to the Inventory box and haven't triggered the first Mission Objective pop-up, or when you've reached the 'climax' area and need to trigger the event manually, such as in Wizard's Tower.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
Would like an invite to the steam group, steam ID: Cinroth

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I kind of feel like the only time hail of doom procs on my crossbow for Saltzpyre is when I'm trying to headshot a Stormvermin, so both bolts pass by either side of its head.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
What does Targeteer do on a Trueflight Bow? Also if I'm using my Daggers with Backstabbery on the rat ogres butt, what is the higher dps between light attacks and charged attacks?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I don't think maximizing ogre damage is super important (as opposed to important). The bolt rapid fire always seemed to do enough damage to him. As long as everyone is playing well it'll go down. Like everything else in the game it's more about avoiding damage than doing it. Also if someone is packing hag bane or multicrossbow then take whatever.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I don't think maximizing ogre damage is super important (as opposed to important). The bolt rapid fire always seemed to do enough damage to him. As long as everyone is playing well it'll go down. Like everything else in the game it's more about avoiding damage than doing it. Also if someone is packing hag bane or multicrossbow then take whatever.

Not to be rude or anything but none of this has anything to do with my questions. I just want to know what Targeteer does on Trueflight Bows and if there is a noticeable difference in DPS between light attacks and charged attacks with daggers when backstabbing an ogre. I'd test it myself if I knew how to go about it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Targeteer on the trueflight is a leftover from when it had an non-seeking quickshot and is basically worthless.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Cinroth posted:

Not to be rude or anything but none of this has anything to do with my questions. I just want to know what Targeteer does on Trueflight Bows and if there is a noticeable difference in DPS between light attacks and charged attacks with daggers when backstabbing an ogre. I'd test it myself if I knew how to go about it.

I didn't quote your post because I was responding to the general subject of rat ogre damage efficiency that's been going on, not your post.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I didn't quote your post because I was responding to the general subject of rat ogre damage efficiency that's been going on, not your post.

I see, sorry for misunderstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MINesF4ZzdU

• Locked thread