Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This was my first elusive target and I didn't realize how much stuff they put into the design of these. New dialogue and characters routes and stuff. I thought it would be more like a limited time contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I watched the guy for 35 minutes trying to figure out a clever way to kill him and eventually gave up, put a propane canister next to his seat and sniped it from distance and walked away no one the wiser. I didn't know propane explosions count as accident kills lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I watched the guy for 35 minutes trying to figure out a clever way to kill him and eventually gave up, put a propane canister next to his seat and sniped it from distance and walked away no one the wiser. I didn't know propane explosions count as accident kills lol

I cleared out the kitchen, set up a breaching charge on a fire extinguisher and waited for him to inspect the kitchen then i blew him up

One time I took out his security and the target just straight up disappeared

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I seriously cannot get Viktor to take the stage by himself. 3 times I've gotten sato out of the picture and taken the runway. Then the fashion show ends and viktor paths to the runway ready to take the stage. But every time a different model NPC's scripting has broken and they just stand stock still on stage and Viktor does his Do you mind? thing and walks casually off stage and returns to his route and everybody just keeps clapping nonstop stuck in the middle of the script. Very loving annoying

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Also I seriously cannot get Viktor to take the stage by himself. 3 times I've gotten sato out of the picture and taken the runway. Then the fashion show ends and viktor paths to the runway ready to take the stage. But every time a different model NPC's scripting has broken and they just stand stock still on stage and Viktor does his Do you mind? thing and walks casually off stage and returns to his route and everybody just keeps clapping nonstop stuck in the middle of the script. Very loving annoying

Yeah he'll do that. For whatever reason it hasn't happened to me when I'm not on the first floor. So give that a shot

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

In Training posted:

For me when I tried to get him onstage for Showstopper his script broke and had him stuck at the bar for fifteen minutes before I realized. Getting back down from the gantry and to him to boink his script (in this case by getting close and triggering his Do you mind? thing as you call it) was... fun

Though now that I know that's how this game works I think I'll be more privy to that sort of incident in ithe future

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Giant Nomb just gave this goty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Giant Nomb just gave this goty.

theyre right. well personally theres games I like more but not stuff they would ever give an earthly poo poo about.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Thank you, fire extinguisher. SA in 1:14

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think it's my goty. Titanfall 2 is up there but I think this wins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mines probably still fire emblem fates: conquest.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Tyranny's mine but Hitman's the runner-up for sure

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Marrakesh down. I enjoy all the unexpected ways parts of the map connect, but I wish there were as many ways into the embassy as the school. Maybe there are more I didn't find.

The general: I found the intercom, activated it, then shot him from the window when he went to berate the soldiers.

The Swede(?): Masseuse disguise. Embassy's a cool area to wander around in but I wish there was more there. Still, office spaces are neat in games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also my GOTY is Thumper.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

Mines probably still fire emblem fates: conquest.

i meant to buy that whoops haha. anyway i don't know if i ever mentioned it but yeah hitman is goty

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

1 elusive target SA to go and i get the coat... heck yes

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad I got the 5 kill reward on the last ET or the one before or I'd be really friggin ticked off right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLvAsg15TYI the most important part of this video occurs in the first 30 seconds.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 31, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Marrakesh down. I enjoy all the unexpected ways parts of the map connect, but I wish there were as many ways into the embassy as the school. Maybe there are more I didn't find.

The general: I found the intercom, activated it, then shot him from the window when he went to berate the soldiers.

The Swede(?): Masseuse disguise. Embassy's a cool area to wander around in but I wish there was more there. Still, office spaces are neat in games.
You missed an extremely funny kill on the general. Do what you did but wait in the room above the intercom

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I would probably pick this as my GOTY too. Ya, Dark Souls 3 came out this year but man.... I was enamored with it at first cause new souls game but now I think it sits between 1 and 2 in terms of goodness. closer to 2. I don't want to dereail this thread so nobody quote me and talk about DS3 please

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'll talk about ds3. "dank shot 3" my next hitman sniper assassin comp video

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I left while the elusive target mission was loading and I came back and i was dead :eng99: i spawned in as a security guard and i guess the wrong person bumped into me and got suspicious

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

I left while the elusive target mission was loading and I came back and i was dead :eng99: i spawned in as a security guard and i guess the wrong person bumped into me and got suspicious

You can play it again unless you killed him. It's not honourable but I think it's fair in this sich

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

You can play it again unless you killed him. It's not honourable but I think it's fair in this sich

you cant replay if you die, either

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Huh really . Rip

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

this elusive target is a dick

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i died in the elusive target mission whoops

jinsei-tte souiu mon desu

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I slowly knocked out everyone in the kitchen to get him alone and at that point he stopped going to the kitchen and just sat in the upstairs bar with 2,970 guards and recording crew guys so I quit in anger

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the future im always gonna bring the remote explosive rubber duck for ETs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I slowly knocked out everyone in the kitchen to get him alone and at that point he stopped going to the kitchen and just sat in the upstairs bar with 2,970 guards and recording crew guys so I quit in anger

If you ever need to clear a space in the future or get a stuck guy moving find a fire alarm

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I've only ever pulled a fire alarm once, to try and clear out the school in Marrakech to kill the Sarajevo Six guy, and all that happened was that the soldiers seemed to know it was someone pulling the alarm just to distract them and started searching the immediate area but the target and his bodyguards didn't move. Did I do something wrong or do soldiers and elite guards and stuff just react to it differently?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk I haven't had much luck with fire alarms either. You'd think people would clear a building if they heard one but it kinda just puts them all on edge.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

could be fire outside the building. no fire here, safe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I'm coming around on Colorado. It's a little fragmented for how small it is but there's some goofy stuff around. Although with 4 targets Rose has an inordinate amount of speciality kills it seems

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Also I'm coming around on Colorado. It's a little fragmented for how small it is but there's some goofy stuff around. Although with 4 targets Rose has an inordinate amount of speciality kills it seems
I can only think of one for Rose. Sean has loads though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

His name is Sean Rose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also my game is bugged, I have 3 targets dead and I want to use the duck explosive to kill Graves but whenever I throw it the game hard crashes to desktop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

His name is Sean Rose

lol

• Locked thread