Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Demostrs posted:

excuse me, "brazilian" is not a race and therefore calling fallen a stupid favela is not racist

i'm only racist against demo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

That reminded me that I was supposed to take a screenshot at 1337, time flies

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

New Zealand can eat me posted:

CiGrip

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
When is there goonmans games? I am back in the US finally to play some.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hello, me.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
*DEAD* Krimit : no talent piece of poo poo
*DEAD* Krimit : you are blatantly walling human being
*DEAD* Krimit : say whatever you want, its loving obvious

mm is fantastic, my quote box grows stronger

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

I guess I should do 420 but that seems so far away from now.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Guys, I went to the bar and had a few with my friends. They were talking COD, and it made me think about my CS Inventory. I threw everything up on bitskins except my Karambit. I sold all my stattrak skins, and I bought their non ST version. I even managed to pick up this:

I have a problem.

If my ST M9 Bayo Doppler sells tonight, I'll be able to upgrade my Lightning Strike to a Medusa.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 31, 2016

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Xenaero posted:

*DEAD* Krimit : no talent piece of poo poo
*DEAD* Krimit : you are blatantly walling human being
*DEAD* Krimit : say whatever you want, its loving obvious

mm is fantastic, my quote box grows stronger

MM is a trip.

In a Mirage match where we went 9-6 on T Side and ended up going down 13-9. Guy calls time out, comes back and asks me if he can start hacking to win. I ask even if I say no if it will stop him. He says no not really and he goes blatant wall / aim and we win 16-13. I hit DMG and now wait the cold hard truth to come up so I end up de ranking back to MGE once the match gets DQed.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

EvilBeard posted:

I have a problem.
i have a solution

this skin was $1.65 and the sticker was $1 - and it is cool imo

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
BS Elite Build > FN Elite Build

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The round timer is way too short

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Happy newyears thread, keep on keeping on, you all make cs a little bit more fun

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

You can officially claim 2017 service medals as of a few minutes ago

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Time for New Years resolutions

4:3 1024x768 black bars // settings made to have game look as lovely pro-tier as possible

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

Back to silver 4 :c00lbert:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I hope this year I can prestige!

e- On a plus side some random dude from casual gifted me DOOM. How nice!

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Macnult posted:

Time for New Years resolutions
Never use a primary weapon that's not an autosniper or autoshotgun.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Dancer posted:

Never use a primary weapon that's not an autosniper or autoshotgun.

But why would you want to stop using the best of each group, ie R8/Bizon/Nova/Krieg?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Looks like hazed has left CLG.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Where do you think he'll end up? Can't tell if TSM/FaZe comments are serious or not

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

What's up with the game right now? Tried to join a casual match and it said expected wait time was 25 minutes?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Steam is having issues. I was without skins for half a game and it gave me a p2k despite having a usp equipped.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

What comments?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Katamari Democracy posted:

I hope this year I can prestige!

e- On a plus side some random dude from casual gifted me DOOM. How nice!

Now that is a good game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Xenaero posted:

Now that is a good game.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
i don't call gg until someone is crying in voice chat.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Hj7bp38f8

games broke

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Smol posted:

What comments?

The comments on the article he linked

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

The comments on the article he linked

It's HLTV. Never read the comments.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Are the Faceit queues closed for every server, or just Oceania and SEA? Also is matchmaking hosed for everyone else?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Undefeated In 2017!!!

e: holy moly ex-dig players are apparently making like $20k a month per player on their new Real Sports contracts

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 2, 2017

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

MM is broken still right?

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Mr. F! posted:

MM is broken still right?

yes, still spotty service with 20~ min dust2 queues.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I was able to play three games of DM earlier, so maybe it's still only effecting MM.

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN
Valve has easily one of the worst managed eSport games around right now. For the size of this game and the scene around it, the fact that they haven't even posted a single tweet acknowledging this or updating the community is pretty loving terrible.

I guess it's par for the course when you don't really have any real competition.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Whenever I play CEVO I always wonder why I don't just play CEVO instead of MM regularly.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

BIG NORTH posted:

Valve has easily one of the worst managed eSport games around right now. For the size of this game and the scene around it, the fact that they haven't even posted a single tweet acknowledging this or updating the community is pretty loving terrible.

I guess it's par for the course when you don't really have any real competition.

literally the worst thing ever to happen on a holiday weekend when most people are off

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 2, 2017

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

BIG NORTH posted:

Yeah to be honest I don't really understand Valve. I realise engaging with any gaming community is a self-defeating exercise most of the time, and I mostly get their policy of silence on that front. But the complete stonewalling on stuff like server issues is just weird. I agree that it's not just one of, but maybe the worst managed major game out there in terms of transparency. They've said a lot of stuff, but really fail to follow up on it in any meaningful way.

It's actually pretty pathetic, and sad, that probably the most venerable eSport franchise out there (that's still relevant) has the most garbage MM system of any major multiplayer game. The servers are poo poo, it's rife with cheaters (relatively speaking), the top rank isn't even worth having, really. The fact that the game relies on third party providers to offer a non-lovely matchmaking experience is an honest to god joke when you stop to think about it. Like, there's matchmaking, then there's stuff like ESEA/FaceIT/CEVO, and then there's the pro scene. It's all completely separated, although pros get paid by third parties (lol) to play on their sites anyway.

Valve had a chance to incorporate all this stuff into the game, make it a single treadmill and invalidate all these third parties, but instead they made some weirdly redundant capped ranking system, put it on potato servers and let 'er rip.When you look at DotA 2 and OW where the pros and amateurs compete on the same ladders with the same MMR on the same servers, you think man why did they build CS:GO's system to be so retarded and janky? And you look at the dev feedback in both those games, and their balance patching, and you think "Wow, imagine if CS had smart and receptive devs and not a bunch of incommunicado ghosts who sometimes appear to fix an irrelevant piece of geometry and introduce an unbalanced loving gun with no warning. and a skin crate. then maintain radio silence for 3 months."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Although I will say that any CS veteran is aware that Valve have always secretly/not so secretly despised the entire franchise, possibly since the first day they bought it, and have basically outsourced the lion's share of it to other companies whenever they could. And insisted on adding garbage things that nobody likes and getting hate for it, from which they learned to simply leave them to become effectively active abandonware, inhabited by spite filled nerds. Source was released in such terrible shape that it required a third party plugin to actually make it playable competitively.