Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending

Dreylad posted:

yeah. ive got the land, the barn, everything avaliable but I don't think ive got enough room to go really big.

the only reason i consider it is that the local lamb market in ontario is growing siginifcantly

beyond that i'd have to supplement it with market garden farming and rely on the kindness of hipsters.
how close are you to your customers and how comfortable are you with where you're living? (like can you say "i will not want to leave this property / this house for ten years minimum"? if so, go get some lambs, do it right now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

in my case i started out with meat sheep but then started researching commercial slaughter methods (because of food safety regulations it is basically impossible to sell home-slaughtered meat without pouring a few tens of thousands into getting yourself set up with a full sterile slaughterhouse, and going via butchers shaved basically all the profit off) and i honestly can say i'm only comfortable with kosher slaughter and the only kosher abattoir in australia is two states over (i also can't ethically support trucking sheep huge distances, knowing how they're treated) so welp. then i went dairy instead with awassi sheep and goats but surprise! food safety regulations are even stricter with milk products. and i wasn't into wool because i'm not really strong enough to shear a sheep. so you need to consider geography and your potential market very closely.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

HOWEVER seeing as you already have the land i absolutely think you should get a dozen ewes and a ram. the worst that will happen is you have to sell the whole flock at a slight loss if you decide not to go through with it (or not even, you can make a profit if you very carefully buy individual ewes and select a ram and put your own flock together - i was lucky because i moved here at the rear end end of an el niño so people were selling stock for next to nothing)

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

farming is incredibly satisfying when things go well but it's so loving hard. at least i can now say that i tried and failed to run my own farm, it's better than most people can do

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

farming is incredibly satisfying when things go well but it's so loving hard. at least i can now say that i tried and failed to run my own farm, it's better than most people can do

people who threw rocks at their own shadows and died of old age and fear at 23 could do it

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I am interested in killing cis scum

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

Volkerball posted:

people who threw rocks at their own shadows and died of old age and fear at 23 could do it
no i said i tried and failed

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

do it with style

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Farming is the most deadly job in America, then fisherman.
Eat poo poo cops

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's a wonder ancient peoples were able to invent agriculture at all what with the property taxes, cost of equipment, insurance, and regulatory burdens.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eat poo poo cops

if you whip out your gun and empty the magazine into everyone around you at the first hint of trouble, you're probably going to be pretty safe, yeah.

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

Volkerball posted:

it's a wonder ancient peoples were able to invent agriculture at all what with the quolls

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Without basset hounds

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Ancient architecture was extremely precise despite primitive tools because they had nothing better to do with their time than sperg out over that stuff.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

And create basset hounds

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Ancient architecture was extremely precise despite primitive tools because they had nothing better to do with their time than sperg out over that stuff.

uh they could kill each other

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

syscall girl posted:

do it with style

call sys scumm manifesto

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Volkerball posted:

uh they could kill each other

that's for jocks

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Apparently these are not cats and in fact tortoises.

I feel lied to.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Apparently these are not cats and in fact tortoises.

I feel lied to.

always consult a vet for a second opinion

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Cease to Hope posted:

always consult a vet for a second opinion

I consulted the internet they said they were cats

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eat poo poo cops

football is more dangerous than military service

tmyk

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Send help cat is sitting on my head.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Hollismason posted:

:rip:

you gotta live by the cat's rules

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Hollismason posted:

does it have a beak, a shell, or scales though

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Cat is still on head this is my life now

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Catsitting, day five: the shy one knows I know his hiding places now, so he moves around silently when I turn my back. I found him under the bed again and pushed a treat at him, plaintively, to apologize for being so large and unfamiliar.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Catsitting Day 3 : I try to befriend the white cat Atlas. I begin by offering food twice a day.. it accepts. I scratch its head and pet it. It bites me. I worry because it has Feline AIDs.

I'm not sure how to befriend it. Hopefully tonight it will not punch me in the face.

The black cat and cats with shells are still chill.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 31, 2016

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yesterday the non-shy one caught my hand with its claws and tried to eviscerate my forearm. I came away with an angry red scratch on my hand. Now I have the song "Cat Scratch Fever" stuck in my head.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Google " Can I get feline AIDS from a bite"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eat poo poo cops
thought it was logging and then fishing or fishing then logging

both are subject to accidents with little ability for immediate assistance

e: it's logging for 2015, which is more than 2x the fatality rate of the next one (fishing). Though in total numbers logging only has 67 yearly fatalities so it's still relatively unlikely dying doing it just more likely than other jobs

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Dec 31, 2016

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Is there a general USPOL thread somewhere? I used to follow "GOP Rebuilding", but obviously there's no need for that anymore.

Also I wish I was cat-sitting.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Find a dumpster and light it on fire. That's the current state of USPol. Fill it with those plastics that release fluorine gas when set on fire for added effect.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm desperately trying to convince an employee that the new lump in his armpit needs to be checked by a doctor as quickly as possible

so far i'm losing the fight

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum

nintendo

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i for one welcome nintendo's decision to destroy capitalism

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eat poo poo cops

on top of that the only reason why being a cop is remotely dangerous is because of traffic accidents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

on top of that the only reason why being a cop is remotely dangerous is because of traffic accidents

policing varies wildly in "most dangerous jobs" rankings based on whether you include intentional suicides

incidentally this is also why american liberal gun death stats are always three times higher than conservative ones

• Locked thread