Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Gotta start somewhere. It's a shame about starting in one of those burning hobo barrels though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I'm very happy that Thermidor JRPG has managed to gain another three backers and the accompanying 0.0354% progress towards their goal!

Ozmodai
May 6, 2007

I hate when my sisters barges in and I'm trying to shade the nipples on my Daemonettes UGH GET OUT

How much of my inheritance should go into funding Thermidor, which looks like it will be one of the greatest works of art of the twenty-first century?

I don't know why you guys are giving HypnoformCube such a hard time. I can tell that over four months have been spent making the crowdfunding page. The early gameplay looks amazing! How much money did they spend developing the game this far? It all shows up in that video and these screenshots. This is Triple A (A+++) stuff here from a dev that brought us Argest War, Blazing Souls, and Spectral Souls. You can't argue with a track record like that.

I'm sure now that Christmas is over, money will come pouring into the crowdfund. The small amount gathered so far is, I'm sure, just the pittance given by the SuperMakeBox families to "prime the pump", as it were.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Kelp Me! posted:

Exclusive footage from hopperdickbox studios where they are hard at work on implementing the big feature everyone's been clamoring about!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UY2wnnPcw

This also sums up the campaign pretty well.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Ozmodai posted:

This is Triple A (A+++) stuff here from a dev that brought us Argest War, Blazing Souls, and Spectral Souls. You can't argue with a track record like that.

One might say that if you're a fan of the renown Souls games, you'll love this!

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Let's say a guillotine is haunted by the ghosts of everyone who died beneath the blade. The accumulated spooky power is now enough for the haunting to drag the machine it is bound to along with it.

What kind of moves should it have in turn-based JRPG combat?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Only actual attack is a one hit instakill on any enemy, but the trick is the enemy has to be on the same square. Movement is extremely terrible due to it being a goddamn guillotine, but it has non damaging magic that can trick / hypnotize guys into moving closer and closer

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
No no no, the whole point of marrying the guillotine is that you become a merged unit and you move her around on a hand truck

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

The White Dragon posted:

No no no, the whole point of marrying the guillotine is that you become a merged unit and you move her around on a hand truck

The only good reason for loving a guillotine imo

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
what would be an OK sum for any you to make a game about sucking a minotaurs dick

50$?

I just put the idea out to kickstarter, ALL WILL DEPEND ON THEM

George Rouncewell fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 30, 2016

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

what would be an OK sum for any you to make a game about sucking a minotaurs dick

50$?

I just put the idea out to kickstarter, ALL WILL DEPEND ON THEM

that kind of happened already

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I didn't see if the OP answered this yet but why did you go with Indiegogo and not Kickstarter? As a fellow jabroni who makes things people don't really want I wouldn't be able to make any money off IGG because their internal marketing is shithouse.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hey OP! A bunch of people are going to be making games that are more complete than this mess! Time limit is 14 days too! Making games is hard I know man.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

pixaal posted:

And yes I have made a game, I entered the SA Game Dev challenge a few years ago, I made a crazy taxi paper boy hybrid with 3 functional maps in a single month. I did more than you guys have done in most of a year! If I felt the game could make money I have enough content to release a demo or ten minute video unlike you.

This actually sounds dope as gently caress, is there a link where I can see / play this?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

raditts posted:

This actually sounds dope as gently caress, is there a link where I can see / play this?

Should still be playable from dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/Discreet%20Deliveries%201.1.1%20web?preview=Discreet+Deliveries+1.1.1+web.html

Game needed to sort objectives better since you might have to pull some 180s in a truck, which it behaves like a truck.Menu was also thrown together a few hours before the deadline and is bad. Actual game play is fun though.

2013 game dev was fun, first game I made, and actually only game still. I should try doing something for this 2 week jam. Here's the gameplay footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edit

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Come on highperdevbox, where's the updates? Where's the posts? Where's the ongoing efforts to answer questions and engage people? This lack of communication isn't how to get your game over the hump and collect the remaining $239,198 you need!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mister Adequate posted:

Come on highperdevbox, where's the updates? Where's the posts? Where's the ongoing efforts to answer questions and engage people? This lack of communication isn't how to get your game over the hump and collect the remaining $239,198 you need!

We asked the wrong kinds of questions. They're a busy dev studio, they don't have time for pointless questions like "how does the battle system work" or "how about some actual screenshots/footage that aren't all from the same 10-second gameplay loop that's been shown since the start"|

I'm honestly amazed they even took the time to open up for questions at all, and it's no surprise to me that they stopped answering after the deluge of irrelevant badgering coming out of this thread.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

pixaal posted:

Hey OP! A bunch of people are going to be making games that are more complete than this mess! Time limit is 14 days too! Making games is hard I know man.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802279

Is it too late to ask the people running this to make "guillotines" the theme?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ozmodai posted:

I don't know why you guys are giving HypnoformCube such a hard time. I can tell that over four months have been spent making the crowdfunding page. The early gameplay looks amazing! How much money did they spend developing the game this far? It all shows up in that video and these screenshots. This is Triple A (A+++) stuff here from a dev that brought us Argest War, Blazing Souls, and Spectral Souls. You can't argue with a track record like that.

holy poo poo you're not even loving kidding. Jesus christ op for your sake I hope your game isn't as needlessly obtuse and lovely as Agarest.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Wait, weren't those Idea Factory?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

SSNeoman posted:

holy poo poo you're not even loving kidding. Jesus christ op for your sake I hope your game isn't as needlessly obtuse and lovely as Agarest.

I remember a guy recommending Agarest Wars to me when I mentioned liking RPGs. I took the time to look it up and after a few almost literal juicy screenies of that game's potential love interests popped up I stopped talking to that guy and never really looked further into it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Crusher posted:

I remember a guy recommending Agarest Wars to me when I mentioned liking RPGs. I took the time to look it up and after a few almost literal juicy screenies of that game's potential love interests popped up I stopped talking to that guy and never really looked further into it.

Whelp, I googled it, seems like you made a rational and well informed decision.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

illustrative metaphors are the best

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

Wait, weren't those Idea Factory?

Yeah, these guys just ported them to phones. They seem to have only made pool games and iPhone apps like "pocket snow globe"

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I would like to reiterate that perhaps guillotines are not as cool as we once thought. Perhaps the way forward is power gauntlets.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Maybe instead of a traditional guillotine that nearly decapitates the victim we could incorporate a bold new redesign that's rotated 90 degrees and comes down and splits a dudes head and neck in half, gruesomely.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Why not just use two blades?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Lunethex posted:

Why not just use two blades?

Careful. The next thing you know we'll have four blades and a moisture strip on our guillotines.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
It depresses me that I can't find a twin blade guillotine on google. :(

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Baron Corbyn posted:

Yeah, these guys just ported them to phones. They seem to have only made pool games and iPhone apps like "pocket snow globe"

hahaha oh my god

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
26 December 2016 - $717 USD raised by 19 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

28 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

31 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

Increase in amount raised - 0

Increase in number of backers - 0

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

quote:

Some of HyperDevbox's recent achievements:

ExZeus Arcade (Android), the first commercial game on Android market to have delivered the data directly to SD card.
Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires (Android), the first 1GB Tactical RPG for Android.
In June 2011, HyperDevbox received recognition from Google as "Top Developer" on the Android Market
In December 2011, HyperDevbox launched "Generation of Chaos", the first massive strategy RPG for Android.
In August 2012, HyperDevbox released "Blazing Souls Accelate" (Android) another massive 1GB Tactical RPG for Android.
In December 2012, HyperDevbox released "ExZeus 2" in collaboration with global technology company Nvidia, targeting their new Tegra 3 high-end graphics processor.
*In December 2013, HyperDevbox released "Record of Agarest War" (Android) a whopping 1.9GB Tactical RPG for Android.
*In August 2014, HyperDevbox in collaboration with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and FIRESTONE released Indy 500 the first officially licensed Indy 500 arcade racer for Android.
*In October 2014, HyperDevbox released "Record of Agarest War Zero" (Android and iOS) another massive 1.9GB Tactical RPG for Android.

Why are they measuring their achievements in gigabytes? Is large file size a good thing for mobile games? :confused:

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Anticheese posted:

Careful. The next thing you know we'll have four blades and a moisture strip on our guillotines.

I have it on good authority that this is the post end game expansion area boss that'll be implemented when they reach the £300,000 mark. It's the descendant of the player and whatever guillotine you romance, turned evil and come back from the future you see.

Uh, spoiler alert I guess?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

The Crusher posted:

From when I remember hearing about the game when it was new, the game is actually incredibly misleading with its marketing as the "sexy" stuff is apparently pretty rare and the rest of the game is a very monotonous and boring strategy game with a tremendous amount of pointless resource management.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Baron Corbyn posted:

So wait, after all that posturing and shittalking they seriously have never made a real, full-fledged, game of their own?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

So wait, after all that posturing and shittalking they seriously have never made a real, full-fledged, game of their own?

And you better believe their website does its very best to make you think they made all those games, with tiny notes that they're only published by Hyperdevbox... on the specific game pages, not the index.

Seriously, look at it and tell me they don't want you to think that they're as involved with making Agarest War as Thermidor.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

People making guillotine jokes was only mildly amusing, but this minotaur sex maze poo poo had me in tears.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

So you going to cancel your campaign or are you hoping momentum will pick up thanks to your forums outreach? Only $239200 to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I think he's been shamed out of here, not so sure he's coming back :(

• Locked thread