Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

GimmickMan posted:

If you find out your opponent is playing with counterfeits, do you still shake hands with them after the game?

If you aren't inspecting your opponents cards for authenticity at FNM you aren't doing WOTC given due diligence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

GimmickMan posted:

If you find out your opponent is playing with counterfeits, do you still shake hands with them after the game?

Ask their source.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

sit on my Facebook posted:

Hot dogs are a sandwich! Tipping is antiquated and unnecessary! Chicago style pizza is objectively superior!

Anything but counterfeit-chat

Well-done steak is a war crime

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Hot dogs are a sandwich! Tipping is antiquated and unnecessary! Chicago style pizza is objectively superior!

Anything but counterfeit-chat

Oh are we playing two truths and a lie?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
I like to give cards the old King Solomon test to see if they're counterfeit.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

All of these are wrong

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Tipping is antiquated and unnecessary!

This is true but if you should find yourself in a country without proper labour laws you should still do it anyway.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Angry Grimace posted:

Well-done steak is a war crime

:agreed:

ZeroCount posted:

This is true but if you should find yourself in a country without proper labour laws you should still do it anyway.

Hello and welcome to the US where our labor laws were replaced with a framed picture of Ronald Reagan and we don't believe in extraneous Us.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Toshimo posted:

Nah. I just call a judge and get them DQ'ed like I'm supposed to.

Mark Rosewater and his coworker 'Trick would be proud

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Hot dogs are a sandwich!

hotdogs are tacos

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

No Luck Needed posted:

hotdogs are tacos

Burritos are sandwiches. Tacos are open-faced burritos. So logically hot dogs are sandwiches. QED

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

suicidesteve posted:

Burritos are sandwiches. Tacos are open-faced burritos. So logically hot dogs are sandwiches. QED

correct sandwiches are made with two slices of bread while burritos are made with a single tortilla thus burritos can't be sandwiches

these open-face sandwiches you speak of are an abomination to nature and God

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

No Luck Needed posted:

correct sandwiches are made with two slices of bread while burritos are made with a single tortilla thus burritos can't be sandwiches

Anyway let's get back to counterfeit talk because this is literally the most incorrect post anyone has ever made.

Also what about burritos made with 2 tortillas?!

A big flaming stink posted:

as long as you're cool with getting a grossly unfair advantage over your opponent, its fine

My point was more that there's a bunch of people calling their counterfeits "proxies" even though proxy has a pretty clear meaning. If you're going to be dishonest at least be honest about it.

And yeah I'd really like to have a Moat for my sideboard in legacy but I don't so I don't play one.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

No Luck Needed posted:

You've never been outside the Americas, have you?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If a card is out of print, there is nothing ethically wrong with counterfeiting it because Wizards is no longer making money off of it. gently caress the entire secondary singles market.

Regarding sandwiches, gyros are the best kind and any definition of sandwich that excludes them is objectively incorrect.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Chicago Style Pizza is terrible, but it's OK that other people like it. It is the Commander of pizza.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Eela6 posted:

Chicago Style Pizza is terrible, but it's OK that other people like it. It is the Commander of pizza.

Or to out it another way, the Toshimo of posting

(just kidding, no pizza deserves that comparison)

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

suicidesteve posted:

My point was more that there's a bunch of people calling their counterfeits "proxies" even though proxy has a pretty clear meaning. If you're going to be dishonest at least be honest about it.

Eh, it's not like wotc hasn't confused the two either, when it suited them.

Edit: not that I have a dog in this fight, though I might end up proxying for a cube so I don't get ripped off.

odiv fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 31, 2016

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
Anybody aware of a somewhat recently written primer for Kaladesh booster draft? It looks like a debate between low curve aggro and five color value.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

odiv posted:

That's why I'm belligerent as gently caress about my counterfeit cards. They are creating a problem where there should be none and then putting the onus on us to stop people from working around the fact that legit cards cost a poo poo ton of real money. I still want to buy into paper modern but I also plan to own 5-6 full out fake decks because people in my town believe I'm legit crazy enough to spend money on cardboard after selling 2 G's worth of cardboard to cover IRL fuckups and gently caress wizards for making me do that. Also I'm pretty sure we call them proxies here to avoid :filez: accusations, not out of some sly wink wink nudge nudge we are just skirting a grey area feelings about being forced to buy cars or magic decks.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I need to figure out where to get some nice proxy cavern of souls for my first modern deck. I had no problem spending the $200 on all of the other cards I needed to build the good Elves deck but seriously fu k paying $60ea for caverns.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

ThePeavstenator posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that most of the regulars in this thread would do a better job than MaRo if we were given the same opportunities and experience he's had.

Did you ever look at the card design contest thread?

Yeah, no.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

clamiam45 posted:

Anybody aware of a somewhat recently written primer for Kaladesh booster draft? It looks like a debate between low curve aggro and five color value.

Every time I try to look one up I just end up with the wikipedia article for trains.

Weird.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TwistedNails posted:

I need to figure out where to get some nice proxy cavern of souls for my first modern deck. I had no problem spending the $200 on all of the other cards I needed to build the good Elves deck but seriously fu k paying $60ea for caverns.

Pm me.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

odiv posted:

Edit: not that I have a dog in this fight, though I might end up proxying for a cube so I don't get ripped off.

Cubes are one place I have absolutely nothing against proxies. I hate dragging my $13k cube around with me and giving people I don't/barely know the opportunity to steal my $400+ cards that I really should just sell and not worry about anymore.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Every time I try to look one up I just end up with the wikipedia article for trains.

Weird.

I'm not totally up to date on the lingo, but are you saying that people who write about Kaladesh booster draft are on the autistism spectrum?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

clamiam45 posted:

I'm not totally up to date on the lingo, but are you saying that people who write about Kaladesh booster draft are on the autistism spectrum?

It's a roundabout way of saying to never pass any trains in KLD draft.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Oh OK gotcha. Thanks for helping to decode it.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

clamiam45 posted:

Both are viable and even among pros there not much consensus about which is better. Personally I lean towards aggro because there's so many synergies and build-arounds that it's hard to build a control deck that can answer everything. It's more about what's open though.

Aggro is R/x or B/x artifacts, W/x servos (get 2 copies of Inspired Charge or Engineered Might or the deck won't function) and G/x energy, but the energy aggro deck doesn't come together as often as the others

There's too many control/value decks to list. There's almost no traps in the set, so if a card looks sweet, it'll probably work if you put enough effort into building around it. Prophetic Prisms and Attune With Aethers go quickly, so keep that in mind if you want to splash.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

C-Euro posted:

what about aradara express

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

little munchkin posted:

Both are viable and even among pros there not much consensus about which is better. Personally I lean towards aggro because there's so many synergies and build-arounds that it's hard to build a control deck that can answer everything. It's more about what's open though.

Aggro is R/x or B/x artifacts, W/x servos (get 2 copies of Inspired Charge or Engineered Might or the deck won't function) and G/x energy, but the energy aggro deck doesn't come together as often as the others

There's too many control/value decks to list. There's almost no traps in the set, so if a card looks sweet, it'll probably work if you put enough effort into building around it. Prophetic Prisms and Attune With Aethers go quickly, so keep that in mind if you want to splash.

Thanks for the rundown, makes sense.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Do you guys think there is any chance Liliana, the last hope will go up in price over time, or should I try to cash her out now for Snap Casters?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

DangerDongs posted:

Do you guys think there is any chance Liliana, the last hope will go up in price over time, or should I try to cash her out now for Snap Casters?

Lol if you aren't planning to hoard them until Frontier takes off, then cash out and retire early.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

I can't imagine what the person next to me was thinking when they got that pack.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
e: I can't count.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

uninverted posted:

I can't imagine what the person next to me was thinking when they got that pack.

Sol Ring :v:

Also, how many cards is a cube pack? That's 15 cards there.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

uninverted posted:

There's enough cards better than mox sapphire that it shouldn't be too surprising to see one second pick. The only things I'd be truly astounded by are sol ring, black lotus, and ancestral recall (but only in pack one), because those three are on a tier all of their own

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
So how'd Jace treat you?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Man I bet you followed that craterhoof up with the sickest p2 channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
E: misunderstood

What a pack tho lmao

• Locked thread