Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Director all "I shot a lovely junk food tie-in in my pajamas--how it got in my pajamas, I'll never know!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

value-brand cereal posted:

The plot somewhat reminds me of Jumanji, and I can kind of see it in the box. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a music box?

Needs more Harpo and Groucho

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

I really like this. I can't imagine the movie will actually be good. But the poster is intriguing and compelling.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

They're great

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The New Beverly had some posters done up for the Christmas screening of Hateful 8.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's really cool.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Yeah I really like that poster. The falling silhouettes also almost form a face but not enough so to be really on the nose.
E: gently caress, pun unintentional

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
ugh

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

THIS IS REALLY loving SERIOUS

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Someone in the poster department really liked the blade runner trailer I see.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is just Preacher with claws.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
O R A N G E

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Vintersorg posted:

THIS IS REALLY loving SERIOUS

ha! This is exactly what I thought. "Let me legitimize your comic book hero who has blades growing out of his hand by being ~*^Super^^Serious^*~"

for the record I've loved everything about Wolverine since I was a kid and can't wait to see this movie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Last of *Snkt*

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Just about to say this looks AMC as gently caress

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lizard Combatant posted:

Just about to say this looks AMC as gently caress

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'm a sucker for creative implied skills on posters, though.

Wait, are there two Walking Dead shows??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rough Lobster posted:

Wait, are there two Walking Dead shows??

Oh poo poo yeah. Fear the Walking Dead takes place on the West Coast. If you ever wanted to see what the writers who aren't good enough to be regular writers on The Walking Dead could do with a third of the budget, that is what Fear the Walking Dead is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fear the Walking Dead is pretty much unwatchable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Fear the Walking Dead is pretty much unwatchable.

I watched four episodes and do not remember anything from them.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not kidding about the budget, BTW. The riot that represents Los Angeles falling into anarchy is depicted by the main characters hiding in a building and hearing yelling and seeing flashing lights coming through the blinds. The big soldiers vs. zombie battle that makes the army decide Los Angeles can't be saved is five soldiers going into an office building, and the main characters stay outside and hear a bunch of gun shots and yelling over the radio.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The riot that represents Los Angeles falling into anarchy is depicted by the main characters hiding in a building and hearing yelling and seeing flashing lights coming through the blinds.

Doesn't some punk kid like, kick a mailbox too or something? I just remember the only act of rioting shown being like, grade school level mischief.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not kidding about the budget, BTW. The riot that represents Los Angeles falling into anarchy is depicted by the main characters hiding in a building and hearing yelling and seeing flashing lights coming through the blinds. The big soldiers vs. zombie battle that makes the army decide Los Angeles can't be saved is five soldiers going into an office building, and the main characters stay outside and hear a bunch of gun shots and yelling over the radio.

Couldn't they just film Los Angeles normally?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slugworth posted:

Doesn't some punk kid like, kick a mailbox too or something? I just remember the only act of rioting shown being like, grade school level mischief.

Yeah, that's the level of rowdiness that makes the main characters feel the need to hide

Byzantine posted:

Couldn't they just film Los Angeles normally?

Nope! They only had enough money to film the pilot in Los Angeles. The rest of the season was filmed in, where else, Vancouver.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Classy.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: Random poo poo Since I've Been Busy Ever Since WWE2K16 Got Cheap on Steam Edition

(The Devil Has Seven Faces)

(Atom Age Vampire)

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Spatulater bro! posted:

I'm looking for nice posters to adorn my movie room. So far I have these two:

I need one or two more. I'm preferring something more modern for the rest. Something eye catching and interesting. What do you guys suggest?

Just wanted an excuse to post this.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I suggest people who don't know this already check out that writer's credit. It's interesting.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I like calling "Superman 2" Mario Puzo's fourth-best screenplay to uptight movie nerds :D

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 31, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hey, lady. Your eyeballs fell in the glass.

"It happens all the time" says Alec Baldwin. Demi Moore looks on with concern at this epidemic.

Meanwhile, Mark notices a broken police tape.

He wonders what happened, not noticing the explosion behind him.

True heroes do not get distracted by tape, Mark.

Also John Goodman is there.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I wanna watch that John Goodman movie without any Mark Wahlberg in it ever.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Powaqoatse posted:

I wanna watch that John Goodman movie without any Mark Wahlberg in it ever.

:agreed:

I had a thought this was about survivors of the bombings, not the police manhunt for the Tsarnevs. I had initially thought Walhberg was playing someone injured in the bombings.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ahahaha I want this on my wall holy poo poo

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Allen Wren posted:

I suggest people who don't know this already check out that writer's credit. It's interesting.

The idea of surprising writing credits made me look up the posters for Head. The early one sheets are suitably strange and completely bury the one selling point the movie would have to a general audience.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Erebus posted:

The idea of surprising writing credits made me look up the posters for Head. The early one sheets are suitably strange and completely bury the one selling point the movie would have to a general audience.

Only now. Nicholson was a B-movie actor then, still working in Roger Corman exploitation films. He tried breaking into screenwriting with The Trip with friend Peter Fonda, and while it's good, the film was bomb.

It was Easy Rider next year that was his pivotal role of his career, because that got him Five Easy Pieces and working with Kubrick on a Napoleon film that didn't pan out but would lead to him working again with Nicholson on The Shining.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Young Freud posted:

Only now. Nicholson was a B-movie actor then, still working in Roger Corman exploitation films. He tried breaking into screenwriting with The Trip with friend Peter Fonda, and while it's good, the film was bomb.

It was Easy Rider next year that was his pivotal role of his career, because that got him Five Easy Pieces and working with Kubrick on a Napoleon film that didn't pan out but would lead to him working again with Nicholson on The Shining.

Oh yeah, to be clear, I mean they bury that it's a Monkees movie. The Nicholson writing credit is just a weird thing to look back on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Erebus posted:

Oh yeah, to be clear, I mean they bury that it's a Monkees movie. The Nicholson writing credit is just a weird thing to look back on.

Oh, that's true, too. That first one is intriguing but it says nothing about being a Monkees movie. Perhaps if they used Davy Jones or Mike Nesmith.